Ruby Tuesday Employee Reviews

Found 2,225 reviews matching the search
Fast Paced Work
Food Server (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 1, 2017
As a server your shift starts promptly on time and can last for the whole night until close. servers are cut and sent home at the manager's discretion.
At the end of the day servers are responsible for handing in money and paperwork from the day and rolling silverware for the next shift.
Pros
Quick money and flexible hours
Cons
Tough Clientele
It was great
Nursing Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJFebruary 28, 2017
I loved working at this restaurant. The location that I worked at was a busy location. The management was great and I worked with the same group of people for years. The hardest part of the job at first was multitasking but that was something that I got to learn and get used to over the years.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to meet people from all over the country. Our clientele were mostly corporate individuals who traveled. I learned so much through the different types of individuals that I've met along the way.
Pros
the restaurant was busy
Productive and easy to learn place.
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Swansea, MAFebruary 28, 2017
Being a line cook at Ruby Tuesday's was a great experience for me.I grew a lot working at this job as well as I learning skills that will help me in my future like cooking, leadership and teamwork. Our crew was close and we always made jokes with each other to get through the busy rushes. We always had support and encouragement from our managers. The hardest part of the job for me was getting so involved in my work that I would forget to balance myself.
Pros
learning recipes, great team, always hours.
Cons
short breaks, short staffed, no vents, non-flexible schedule.
fun people
chef (Former Employee) –  Austintown, OHFebruary 27, 2017
i never had set hours. the other cooks were mean and unfair to one another and you never get out on your set time and it was a free for all
potential growth
Mixologist/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Saint Robert, MOFebruary 27, 2017
The best thing about this company is being able to transfer to other states if need be. Some of the management team is helpful others are there just for the paycheck.
Excellent Job Atmosphere
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Enterprise, ALFebruary 25, 2017
The atmosphere at this job was outstanding. The management was excellent. Mostly everyone got along. Tips were generous. On the slow days we would split tables.
Pros
Tips were good
Cons
Hours were a hit or miss
Slow
Server (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 24, 2017
Business needs a facelift, but the food is good.
Management is great, but not so sure about the district leadership.
You can learn a lot about the flow and functionality of everyday civilians life's. If you pay attention, it can positively effect your income.
Pros
Employee discounts.
Cons
Benifits
Unit closures, and lack of managers
General Managing Partner (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 24, 2017
This company has had many closures in the recent years. Some Districts are severely understaffed managers. I am one of 7 managers who have left the district compromised of 11 units in the short time of 2 years. The CEO of three years as let go a short time ago. Ruby Tuesday is slowly financially failing. This is sad bc I spent most of my management career here. There is no job security, and poor upper management of the company.
Pros
Paid well as a GMP if have been with the company for 10 plus years
Cons
Health care, 401K, and job security
Fun
Dish Washer (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SDFebruary 24, 2017
This was a great company to work for. If it wasn't for me going to school full time, I would of stayed longer with them because all the employees are great to work with.
Pros
Works with school schedules
Great environment, with great staff to work with!
Cook (Current Employee) –  Mill Hall, PAFebruary 24, 2017
My day begins by stocking the line and making sure things are ready to go for a lunch or dinner rush, learning new things as the day goes on.
Pros
Assistants when needed.
Cons
Sometimes short staffed
Fun place to work
Salad Bar Attendant/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Athens, ALFebruary 24, 2017
Enjoyed working here!! Would love to go back to work here. Management is wonderful and very understanding. Enjoyed working with everyone here! Very laid back environment and stress free!!!!
great team
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIFebruary 24, 2017
I enjoyed working with my Ruby Tuesday team for 10 years. I have built great relationships through my years with the company and I am humble to be able to be part of the team. The only con is the compensation for as waitresses " WE WORK FOR TIPS!" and this is true. We are paid by the tips that our guest feel we deserve for the service we provide.
Pros
great team
Cons
compensation
fun
Server/Bartender/Server Assistant (Current Employee) –  Colonial Heights, VAFebruary 23, 2017
Great place to work. Fun loving family oriented. The location is near South Park mall. Vert good vibe and attractions along the way. Ruby Tuesday is amazing!
energetic environment
Server (Former Employee) –  Lenoir City, TNFebruary 23, 2017
This job was a great tool in the utilization and development of communication skills. This jb was a great stepping stone in advancing my team skills.
Pros
friendly work environment
Cons
Severs tips were targeted to help pay other employees
The Most enjoyable part of the job
Hostess, Server, and Bartender (Former Employee) –  Americus, GAFebruary 23, 2017
I would have to say the most enjoyable part while working at Ruby Tuesdays was having the ability to interact with my customers. They were mostly friendly and i always enjoyed just having conversation with them.
Pros
50% off meals
Cons
Valentines Day work all day until closing
Fun family restaurant with low priced items.
SERVER (Former Employee) –  Homestead, FLFebruary 22, 2017
Ruby Tuesday is a family restaurant that has low priced menu items and good service. The management is great and it's a well rounded corporate chain.
Pros
Casual, cheap.
Cons
Not much money made, not many healthy food options
ok
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCFebruary 21, 2017
good job great people, no weekends off, they get real busy and you may be the only cook on the line sometimes. Barely ever give any raises, turn over rate is high.
Working there was a great experience
Host (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZFebruary 21, 2017
Working at Ruby Tuesday was a lot of fun and I learned a lot throughout my time there. A typical day at work consisted of me greeting customers, seating them, and helping my fellow coworkers with whatever I could if I had the time. Everyone was friendly and I got along with all of them, including my managers. Working there gave me a better idea of the kind of worker I am. I typically don't like to stand around and do nothing if I've finished all my work or I don't have anything to do. I always did what I could to keep myself busy, whether that meant helping my coworkers clean their tables or offering them my assistance when they were busy and needed a hand, finding something to clean, and looking out for customers who may have any questions or need of assistance as well. Through this, I learned better customer service by interacting with a variety of different people and their problems and questions, and I learned how to work well with other coworkers. The management was strict when they needed to be and professionally did what needed to be done if the customers were not satisfied or if the employees were not doing what they were supposed to be doing. However, they were easy to get along with and a joy to work under. The hardest part of the job would have to be dealing with dissatisfied customers, but even then, it was good experience learning how to handle these situations calmly and to the best of my ability. The most enjoyable part was working with everyone and being able to be helpful to my coworkers when they needed it. Overall my experience with Ruby Tuesday  more... was an amazing one, a grew close to the people there and even the regulars that would show up to the restaurant and I'm glad I was able to be a part of that experience.  less
Ruby Tuesday is a great place to work.
Cook/Prep Dishwasher Salad Bar Attender (Current Employee) –  Moody, ALFebruary 21, 2017
I am looking for room to advance and a full time position.
A typical day at Ruby Tuesday is cleaning all bath rooms and mopping the floors, set up Salad Bar and prep for next shift, wash dishes and greet all customers, I love my managers and I have learnt that we all work together as a team. I love the fact that Ruby Tuesday serve all types of food for everyone we ate an all American diner. There is not much that I do not like about my job I love it.
Pros
Great team members
Cons
Not enough room to move up
Friendly Service
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, NCFebruary 20, 2017
A job that was a pleasure to work at. Wonderful friendly employees who loved to help. Great opportunities and wonderful benefits Everyone wanted the best for you there and didn't stop until they reached it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ruby Tuesday. Our community is ready to answer.