Ruby Tuesday Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,124 reviews matching the search
Will work hard for nothing
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 23, 2016
They will take mostly all your tips and at the most you will make $40-50 dollars a day, best advice keep looking if you needing this job as a way to support yourself and family.
Easy to get in. hard to move up
Bartender, Trainer, Closer, Key/Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Hoover, ALJanuary 23, 2016
RT offers very limited upward mobility, preferring to hire from without for any salaried positions.
If not looking for a salaried position, you might be pleased to learn that they have a practically non-existent list of standards for hire. You'll practically get in for sure, but you never know who you'll be working with.

At the end of the day, if you want to work at a nice place with nice people, hold out for something better. But I can tell you that it is an uncomplicated place to be a cook or a server, and some people are satisfied to do just that in an environment with interesting people
Pros
Simple place to work, interesting characters
Cons
No upward mobility
Bartender/Server/Cook (Current Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLJanuary 23, 2016
Very much enjoy working here. It feels like family. The best part of the job is meeting and getting to know interesting people.
Okay
Chef (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJanuary 22, 2016
It was okay management wasn't good. Things could have been ran smoother and employees could've been treated better. The coworkers are nice and make working there fun.
Day to day functions.
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Yorktown, VAJanuary 21, 2016
Running all aspects of the restaurant with a focus on the kitchen as I was the kitchen manager. Handling all bills, invoices, orders. Also overseing Guest experience and making sure they had the best experience possible everyday and every shift. Responsible for p&l and boh schedules. Ran the store on several occasions, knew how to do everything the General Manager could do. Enjoyed building successful Teams and running a profitable restaurant.
Great Around!
Host (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDJanuary 20, 2016
I loved working at Red Lobster. All of the people who I worked with were amazing. The managers were so helpful and understanding, and let you know how you can improve. The whole place is run seamlessly and super smoothly.
Its a fun but serious place to work
Server/Cashier/Server Assistant (Former Employee) –  Starkville, MSJanuary 20, 2016
On a regular day at work its get down to business, have fun later. I learned to be more professional. Management was serious but they were sweet. I LOVED my coworkers. Everyone was full of joy and laughter. They were fun to be around. The hardest part was being as nice as possible and still being treated bad by some people and still working because you love your job. Best part of the job was being around the people and having happy guest.
Pros
Your discount on food.
Cons
No breaks due to short hours
fun
Host and Server (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAJanuary 19, 2016
This establishment is under great management. The environment is friendly and inviting. The workers are fun and happy individuals.
Steady Neighborhood Resturant
Bartender/Server (Current Employee) –  Clinton, MDJanuary 19, 2016
Fun Place To Work, team member are fun and loving, Management helps with running food and checking with guest to make sure service has been outstanding.
Pros
50% during work shift
Cons
lunch hours can be slow
A productive and fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Roanoke Rapids, NCJanuary 19, 2016
Come to work, perform line checks. Check computer for the day's catering orders if any. Count cash and check deposit. Perform top ten counts for meats. Verify the beer and liquor inventories. Perform walk-thru of restaurant. The management team consisted of a general manager, two assistant managers of which I was one. Also a part-time shift leader. There was a great rapport among managers. The hardest part of job was trying to get weekly inventory done and get it posted in time for restaurant to open. The enjoyable part of job was interacting with customers and pre-shift with employees
Pros
Free lunches, Great Management Team
Cons
Short breaks or no breaks
best place to buss for
Busser/Server (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJJanuary 14, 2016
one of the best restaurants i worked for. waiters were fun to be around. customers were fun to serve. food was amazing and always on time
Pros
discount on food
Cons
hours were long
Good place
Kitchen Manager (Current Employee) –  Conway, ARJanuary 14, 2016
Cool place to work. Learned a lot. 10$ an hour to start. Slower restaurant but great food. Menu is too big, but food is great.
Take the good with the bad
Server assistant (Current Employee) –  Fenton, MIJanuary 14, 2016
I love most of the other servers. But all but one of them is a girl and the average age is about 22. So all there is is drama. The GM is a total a**hole but I love the assistant manager. And the shift leaders power goes to their heads and they are biased. It's a very unbalanced resturant. Too many favorites too much drama. The only reason I'm still there is because I haven't found a new job yet and the schedule is very flexible and works well for me being a student too.
Pros
50% off and work with my best friend
Cons
Too much drama and terrible GM
Na
Manager (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJanuary 12, 2016
No commit, haven't been employed at this company of over 15 years. No idea about the current status of the company.
Restaurant business. Good Values
Fun easy going structured work place
Waitress, Hostess (Current Employee) –  Fuquay-Varina, NCJanuary 11, 2016
I really like the Ruby Tuesday I work at. I am the certified trainer there and the main closing server. I love my bosses they make the workplace professional yet a fun place to be at. Everyone I work with is really close to each other and I love going into work knowing it will be with great coworkers. The hardest part of my job is probably making some customers as happy as they can be. Sometimes it is really hard to give every person your full attention. I try my best to give each customer what they need.
Pros
50% off meals
A good work environment
Dishwasher/Salad bar attendant (Former Employee) –  Lenoir, NCJanuary 9, 2016
Working at Ruby Tuesdays was a fine job with good pay. The managers and employees were all good to work with and we all provided great customer service.
It's hard
Dishwasher, trash pickup, salad (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 9, 2016
I have learned hot to work faster with little to none errors. The managers are tough because of how fast pace the industry is but they are easy to talk to. My co-workers work well together as a team. The hardest part of the job is pay. I enjoy the people that I come in contact with.
Pros
Mangers can be easy to talk to at times
Cons
pay and very tiring at the end of the day
Thriving company with opportunities to make money and grow
Server/Bartender, Shift leader, Catering (Current Employee) –  Terre Haute, INJanuary 8, 2016
RT has much higher standards then most other restaurants. While you might be able to run your finger along the edge and wipe off dust in a restaurant, that is not the standard at RT. This does involve more cleaning and attention to detail than other restaurants. RT has good systems in place to help you become a better server and to hold true to the "Ruby Way."
Rubys
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Donelson, TNJanuary 7, 2016
worked five nights a week closed everyday i worked learned all the stations in a month {salad bar, dish, grill,Pizza oven, and fry} management was all ways changing , co workers where good but all ways changing ,no had parts just as long as you stay busy and dont fall behind
Family oriented environment, laid back management
Server (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJanuary 6, 2016
I worked a Ruby Tuesday for a couple months. I enjoyed my time here because I met a lot of new people and it didn't feel like an actual job because of how much fun I was able to have with my co-workers and guests.
Pros
Discounts on food
Cons
No benefits, short shifts