Ruby Tuesday Employee Reviews

Found 2,526 reviews matching the search
Great company great food!
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  East Point, GAJune 13, 2017
Ruby's is an awesome employer no matter what position you start. The management team is awesome and they really care about their employees. They have a rainy day fund that every employee can volunteer to donate to, to help other employees who may need help due to natural disasters or etc.
Pros
Great opportunity to advance
N/a
Dishwasher/Food Prep (Current Employee) –  New Port Richey, FLJune 13, 2017
It's a good job for someone starting out but when trying to advance in life and no struggle. It doesn't cut it and things start to get overwhelmingly stressful.
hated it
Kitchen Staff Trainer (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJune 13, 2017
too many hours, not enough pay. Managers overworked. No work life balance. Drugs and substance abuse prevalent. Lack of training and leadership. Not a good place to work.
Great managers
Chef (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 13, 2017
Both managers at my time at Ruby Tuesdays were awesome. They were eager to teach me things and gave me the ability to grow inside the restaurant. I enjoyed them
Host/Busser (Former Employee) –  Whitehall, PAJune 12, 2017
A typical day would be greeting and seating guests. I learned how to use their computer system. Management was friendly. The workplace was very clean and cozy. The hardest part of the job would be carrying drinks. The most enjoyable part would be having a nice break and getting to eat from the salad bar.
Pros
Discounts and great tasting food
Cons
Low pay
All About The Money
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Florence, ALJune 12, 2017
I have been with Rubys for almost 8 years. This company low balled me with my salary and is all about money, their money! They change the menu way too much and it frustrates our guests.
productive fun environment
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 11, 2017
Sometimes the days at Ruby Tuesdays were stressful but, the employes would make it a fun day. The past was really fast and i loved it. I learned that patience is everything, there is no need to rush because a lot things will get back up or messed up as well. Our culture was really TEAMWORK there was not a day that nobody was lazy we all helped each other out , busting tables , sweeping the floor running plates , getting refills etc. The hardest part to me were the guest because , a lot of people don't understand how restraunts work. Dealing with every background is new task every day , i managed to keep a smile on my face and service my guest with respect and great company. I love everything about Ruby Tuesdays even on the bad days we all seem to make it great night towards the end.
Pros
Free Dinners Free drinks. Discounts . making your own schedule and they stick with it
Cons
when the cooks messed up peoples food, mad guest and impatient guest as well
staff was friendly
Server Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJJune 9, 2017
A typical day was very calm until dinner rushes came in on Saturday evenings. I learned how to adapt to my environment and how to interact with customers. The management was fairly good. The workplace culture was interesting. During the calmer times of the time, all of the employees were very friendly and nice, however, whenever the restaurant got busy, everyone was very sensitive and a little bit on the edge. The most enjoyable part of the job was the employees because they all had funny but professional relationships.
Pros
staff
Cons
staff
Fun place to work and can get along with the co workers and the guest
grill cook and a pantry cook (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJune 9, 2017
While I have been working at Ruby Tuesday I have learned a lot and have get along with my staff and guest everyday that I was working there I am always on time and a very hard worker and always willing to finish my task on time.
Busy restaurant. Great serving staff.
Server and Host (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILJune 9, 2017
Poor management pretty consistantly. Very busy dining room. Good for turning over tables and making fast money. Great bartenders! I made friends working at Ruby Tuesday that I will never forget. One of the best times of my life!

Want to know more about Ruby Tuesday?

Ask a question
Works well with employees
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Pace, FLJune 8, 2017
I particularly enjoyed working for this company for its extreme effort to work with me during school. Ruby Tuesdays is big on team work and makes every employee feel like family. The hardest part of the job is staying organized with busy rushes.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Too much compensation for guests
Fast Paced and good only if you need the money
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Pocomoke City, MDJune 8, 2017
You are thrown into serving right away with very few directions. The money can be very good and the employees are, for the most part, very friendly. This job is good for if you are in a pinch money wise.
Corporation who does not care for guest and employees
Server/Bartender/Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 8, 2017
The workplace culture was the best part of this job. The other employees become family. The worst part is it's a corporation which makes it hard to take care of guest with their strict rules, and they have little regard to their employees.
Pros
Food discounts
Cons
Limited to no breaks
Fun
SERVER/BARTENDER (Former Employee) –  Concord Heights, NHJune 7, 2017
Perfect for young adults. Just your typical corporate restaurant. Well trained managers and staff got along great. Would recommend it for anyone looking to start in the industry
Fun Place to work when your young and looking for quick cash..
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 7, 2017
Overall working with the company its seems as if only certain people would get the opportunities to move forward. Alot of Negative Energy even from the at the time GM and some co workers. More for a younger crowd you have to learn to just mind your business in a place like that.
Pros
Laura Callahan, discounts
Cons
No breaks unless you ask
Fun place to work that allowed me to develop customer service skills
Trainer/Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Troy, ALJune 7, 2017
I enjoyed this job while in college. I learned so much about how to deal with people and developed great customer service skills. I also learned how to work with all types of personalities. I am naturally a multi-tasker and this job allowed me to fine tune that skill. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting all kinds of people and developing friendships on the job. The hardest part was learning to positively communicate to difficult customers.
Pros
shorter work hours
Cons
no benefits
Good work environment
Host (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDJune 6, 2017
Ruby Tuesday was a good entry into the food service industry. They have friendly staff, reasonable managers and flexible schedules. The pay was highly competitive for the work, and the restaurant was regularly busy.
Pros
Free training meals, discounted meals after shifts
Cons
Irregular shifts depending on staff availability and frequency of customers.
Normal Restaurant Work
Guest Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDJune 6, 2017
Easy to move up- went from a host to server to guest service coordinator in 1.5 years. Mangers who have been there for a while tend to resent new managers which created conflict but it is great customer service experience and invaluable knowledge to take with me to many other jobs
Great Team
Team Member (Current Employee) –  FloridaJune 6, 2017
This is a great place to work. In the short time that I have been with the company I have been able to make lasting work relationships and learn from my colleagues.
Fun work place and good place to work
Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJune 5, 2017
Everyone there was nice at times is of use Busy for the most part it was fun very laid back and Very chilled. The managers are very helpful and understanding. When they have a rush it was sometimes stressful but overall it is a good job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ruby Tuesday. Our community is ready to answer.