Ruby Tuesday Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,836 reviews matching the search
At its heart a restaurant is a service -oriented business DeIighting customers,exceeding expectations,going the extra mile....
Host, Salad Bar Attendant, Server, Busser (Former Employee) –  Moss Point, MSFebruary 7, 2016
Anyone who lacks passion for with people will not do well here.The employees here thrive on customer contact and display a positive attitude working here is to learn to live by these principles the management sets the example here......A high performance team of employees ...
Pros
ROB SELLERS IS THE BEST MANAGER ON THE GULF COAST !!!!
good work atmosphere
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 15, 2015
Wonderful job the business varies depending on the other events that are happening throughout the city. We have a fully stocked salad bar the is fresh.
Pros
health benifits
Cons
not very organized
I could have made a better profit.
Waiter/Bartender/Superior (Former Employee) –  Palm City, FloridaAugust 23, 2015
Management was full of them selfs. The team goes as far as the leader. The customers always right. People respect hard work.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
A fast paced, and physically/mentaly demanding job.
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, WVOctober 7, 2015
Fast paced labor with a stressful high school behaviour atmosphere, and low job security. Never satisfying veteran staff. It required a lot of effort to even be noticed/favored as a good worker, yet only one mistake to be knocked back down to a peon in the eyes of the staff. Some management is well mannered, and cooperative. Most management seemed disconnected, and had zero respect for the people around them customers included. Closes co-workers are very diligent, and provided express help as needed. Others act untouchable, and are blatantly obnoxious. The most difficult part is dealing with veteran co-workers, and being frequently harassed/berated by management. The only enjoyable aspect are the decent, and humorous co-workers, fast paced/busy environment, and random discounts on overpriced meals.
Pros
Discounts on select menu items.
Cons
Terrible work environment. Obnoxious management. Ridiculous scheduling.
Easy to get in. hard to move up
Bartender, Trainer, Closer, Key/Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Hoover, ALJanuary 23, 2016
RT offers very limited upward mobility, preferring to hire from without for any salaried positions.
If not looking for a salaried position, you might be pleased to learn that they have a practically non-existent list of standards for hire. You'll practically get in for sure, but you never know who you'll be working with.

At the end of the day, if you want to work at a nice place with nice people, hold out for something better. But I can tell you that it is an uncomplicated place to be a cook or a server, and some people are satisfied to do just that in an environment with interesting people
Pros
Simple place to work, interesting characters
Cons
No upward mobility
horrible
dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCApril 29, 2016
Working there was horrible. Hours got cut for no reason, kept overstaffing the whole place. Managers were lazy and horrible. The only good manager was actually the GM, who was always working and helpingout . That is one thing I will say about PJ, always doing something. The other managers either stand around IN YOUR WAY in the BOH on their phone, or just stand around and tell other people to do their job for them. Now that PJ is gone I wouldn't recommend going there now
; very calm , stress free, very friendly people
Host (Former Employee) –  Grove City, OHMarch 9, 2016
I really enjoyed working at Ruby Tuesday , I would clean tables , and sit people down . Muti-tasking is one of my best traits . I've been doing it since i was 15 working at Mcdonalds . I've learned how to host working at ruby Tuesday , and also a little how to serve . I really enjoyed my co-workers, they taught me a lot about hosting and serving . The hardest part about the job was leaving there . I was in the hospital for a week , and lost my job .The most enjoyable thing about the job was it was easy , and stress free .
Pros
Half off lunches
Cons
Being at work at late hours
great place with great people and loving environent
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILMarch 28, 2016
I enjoyed working with this company. The managers were very helpful and understanding and provided great service to the customers as well as their employees. There was never a time that I had a problem that they did not try their best to handle. I was treated like family and everyone had great attitudes and worked very well together.
Pros
Everyone was very helpful, great personalities, positive work place
Cons
long work hours for bartenders.
Enjoyable work place
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Streetsboro, OHMay 24, 2016
I enjoy working at Ruby Tuesday, both jobs are great. I do not like the inconsistency of the business. Like most industries there is always a slow period. As a waitress, where you rely on tips it sucks when there is not much business. The managers are good at their jobs and so are the coworkers. I learned a lot about prioritizing on what is needed.
Pros
Good workers, always walk out with cash
Cons
if slow not a lot of money
Workplace with good energy and friendly environment
Pantry Chef and Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOJune 25, 2016
Management at the Ruby Tuesday I worked at was phenomenal. They really care about their work, their restaurant and their employees. Most enjoyable part of the job was becoming friends with my coworkers, really nice people.
Pros
Discounted Food, Free Beverages on the Clock
Cons
Hours aren't always guaranteed, night shift likely if you're new
Typical serving job
Server (Former Employee) –  Barboursville, WVMay 23, 2016
This was a typical serving job, meant only to supplement my position as an adjunct professor. It fulfilled this role well. Also, it taught me how to interact with individuals, identify their needs, and respond accordingly. While not a job traditionally associated with strong resumes, I believe I gained valuable experience in working with people, especially coworkers. No experience is ever wasted.
Ruby Tuesday
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  AlabamaJuly 27, 2015
Company has gone through alot of change. New leadership has their eye on the balls. Compensation isn't the best, room for advancement is there. All depends on whats important to you.
Unpredictable yet rewarding.
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Clinton, MDFebruary 10, 2016
When I first began this job i was extremely nervous and fearful that i would succumb to the pressure of working in such a fast paced environment. However, as time passed I began to really get comfortable and understand how to work quickly and efficiently. Sometimes it was frustrating but for the most part id was always refreshing to learn something new about food. I really enjoy food service.
Pros
Fast paced work enviornment, comradory amongst other cooks on the line, the feeling of working as a team and completing successful food service.
Cons
short breaks, extensive cleaning.
Pretty easy first job.
Bus Boy, Salad Bar Attendant (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYFebruary 27, 2016
Typical day involved making food like burgers and salads and filling the salad bar and cleaning tables for customers. Management was pretty laid back and easy going. Co-workers were pretty cool most were friends from school and others were just awesome people I met on the job and easy going.
Pros
Free drinks, Discounted food.
great job
Server/Host/Bartender- (Former Employee) –  Corinth, MSAugust 26, 2015
Great job with awesome team work. Loved the experience and knowledge gained from this employment! Staff is great and customers are great! Good benefits for full time employees as well.
ok work place but very un professional and need help in managment.
hostess (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILMay 1, 2016
When i worked at ruby tuesday in morton and decatur it was very unprofessional. the managers didnt know what they were doing, they let the coworkers pretty much do whatever they wanted. money was stolen from our pay checks and it was just not a good work environment at all.
Pros
loved the people i worked with
Cons
co workers are very rude and nothing but drama
ok
Kitchen Manager (Current Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDAugust 13, 2015
A lot of change going on thru Ruby Tuesday currently. The hardest part of the job is the hiring for the store in this area. Hours are nice no real late night hours and only real early hours you have are inventory days.
Pros
Good Hours
Cons
Benefits are bad
Hostess
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Jasper, ALMarch 29, 2016
A fun fast pace work environment, I learned better skills in dealing with customers, I loved all my coworkers. Management was good. I enjoyed that there was always something that needed to be done & I liked to help my fellow team members. Wonderful atmosphere !
A job for a season
Server (Former Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDNovember 12, 2015
Ruby Tuesday like most chain restaurants is one that you should only work at for a season and that's all. I would always work the evening shift because the most money was made then, I would come to work between 4-5 and not leave until 10-11. I have learned that to make good money as a server have to come out of the chain restaurants. Management was immature and needed a make over. My co-workers where nice but sometimes lazy. The hardest part of this job was trying to please people, because that's how you got your money. The most enjoyable part of this job was meeting new nice people and receiving a proper tip at the end of my service.
Pros
Made ok money, discounts on meals
Cons
Unprofessional management, not a busy restaurant, and favors where made amongst the servers
Fun place to work when you have a shift with your friends.
Server/Host (Current Employee) –  New Iberia, LAJune 6, 2016
I go into work with a smile and get many compliments from customers for my work ethics. I associate with my coworkers very well and we all treat each other like we are all friends. Once my shift is over I hand in the money I owe the restaurant, then clock-out.
Pros
Paid in cash when serving
Cons
Store doesn't run well