Ruby Tuesday

Ruby Tuesday Employee Reviews

N/A
Expo/Busser/Dishwasher (Former Employee), Rosslyn, VAMarch 16, 2015
Provide superior customer service to patrons
Prepare plates for servers take meal to table
Operate dishwasher and put up dishes in proper storage area
Clean tables and re-set
Serve patrons when other servers are on break
Assist other team members as needed
long days
HOSTESS/FOOD RUNNER (Former Employee), CharlotteMarch 15, 2015
co workers very disrespectful to one another, no recognition for doing a great job when completing a task or helping oit in a tough situation
Very fun place to work, sometimes physically demanding
Garden Bar Attendant (Former Employee), Davie, FLMarch 13, 2015
Pros: employee assistance program, discounts on meals, paid vacation, employee stock
Cons: physically demanding, a lot of rules to abide by, dealing with co-workers who don't' care about their jobs
A typical day as a garden bar attendant would include, preparing salads, attending to customers, cleaning bathrooms, assisting co-workers, and maintaining cleanliness of myself and of the salad bar.

I learned that there are many different types of people who work in restaurants. Very eclectic group of people. Also, I learned the proper way to handle food and I carry those lessons with me into my home life.

Management was strict yet approachable and made sure we all adhered to the rules set by corporate. Personally, I flourish in these types of environments. I enjoy a manager who will lay down the law.

My co-workers included a lot of young people who didn't necessarily take the job as seriously as they should but also included a lot of hardworking mothers, fathers, teachers, and old food/beverage industry pros. It was exciting.

The hardest part of the job was the physical stress. There is a lot of standing, running around, lifting heavy objects, extreme temperatures etc. It is a tough place to work, especially on busy nights. I definitely look up to anyone who has been in the business for a long time. The restaurant business can be intense.

The most enjoyable part of the job was getting home and really feeling like you got the job done that day and you could relax and feel like you really deserved it.
fun place to work
Cook (Current Employee), Union, NJMarch 12, 2015
I learned that everybody need to work together as a team to get things done on time. Management is always there when u need them or they need u. The best part is when the other employee's come and pick up the food from the window and takes it to the guest and later they come back in and let me know that they had a good meal, the food taste great. Sometimes it gets harder to work because I have to set up everything so I can have a enjoyable day, its not like we don't have a person there to set it up for us we set it up as we go, so like I was saying we are responsible for everything on a typical day at work.
inconsistent management
Guest Service Coordinator (Former Employee), York, PAMarch 12, 2015
General Management and policies are not kept or fulfilled. Irregularity of scheduling, and follow through with availability.
Awful place to work if you are kitchen staff
Chef, Dishwasher, Salad bar attendant, and food (Former Employee), Indiana, PAMarch 9, 2015
It seems as if you work in the back of the house, you are treated like garbage. At one point the district manager came in and was standing on a table yelling at them with a look of disgust on her face and showed no such distaste towards front of the house staff. There is obvious and unmitigated favoritism from supervisors to staff. all in all it was an aweful place to work.
Productive and a good place to work
Manager (Current Employee), Malvern, PAMarch 8, 2015
Working varied days and shifts and a very long commute has led to to seek employment elsewhere. I wish it was not so I enjoy working for this company.
Its fun, and very family oriented.
Shift Leader (Current Employee), Dothan, ALMarch 7, 2015
Pros: the best salad bar in town for 7.99!
Cons: little room for advancement without relocating.
Casual dining, fun, fast paced, and has tvs' with either sports or national news on them at all times. I enjoy my job and what I do. We have lots of fun, work hard, and the team work is amazing.
productive
Server/Bartender/Hostess (Former Employee), Rockville, MDMarch 4, 2015
nice people good environment..............................................................................................................................
Tons of customer interaction
Server (Current Employee), Shelby, NCMarch 4, 2015
Interact with customers constantly throughout every day as well as dealing with complaints that may arise. It is/was the first place that ever gave me a chance to advance in my position in the workplace.
Fun place to work if you love dealing with customers
Server (Current Employee), Richmond, VAMarch 3, 2015
I get to deal with customers on a daily basis and provide them with a great experience ordering their food. I've learned a lot about taking orders and food handling.
Cook (Current Employee), Cullman, ALMarch 1, 2015
Pros: good environment
Cons: low pay rates
Good atmosphere overall, Managers are hands on and very interested in delivering a good product to the guests. Very clean work environment. Friendly work environment.
Fun workplace, fair employees, good food
Server/Host (Former Employee), Johnston, RIMarch 1, 2015
Pros: discount on food
Cons: short breaks, lack of organization, disrespectful employees
My overall experience at this restaurant was not what I expected only due to certain employees who failed to do what was expected of them in the work force. I realized that the environment is what you make it and being able to make positive changes does not only benefit you but those who look up to you as well.
Great place to work for. Nice people
bartender (Former Employee), bowie mdFebruary 24, 2015
Fun place to work. Made great friends. Great atmosphere. Great lunch and dinner. Salad bar always looked presentable.
Management was great fun workplace
Bus Person (Former Employee), Rockledge, FLFebruary 23, 2015
Management would help you with whatever problems you had and would always find the time and talk to you about whatever you were concerned with. The staff is pretty tight knit they all get along great its a lot of fun
Safe and healthy work place enviroment.
Hostess, Server Assistant, Destiny USA (Former Employee), Syracuse, NY Destiny USAFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: friendly workplace enviroment.
Cons: slow business at times
A typical day at work was meeting and greeting guests, working closely with team members about seating arrangements and answering phones to take reservations and answer questions.
I learned how to operate the computer systems, floor plans for seating arrangements and how important teamwork is.
Managers were upbeat and always available to help.
Working closely and having good communication with my other team members made the job easier.
The hardest part of the job was when the business would slow down. I like to keep busy, so I would try and find side jobs to keep myself occupied.
One of the most enjoyable parts of the job was making our guests happy. I find it quite satisfying to bring enjoyment to others.
fun work enviroment
Bartender (Current Employee), Largo, MDFebruary 21, 2015
A fun location with nice patrons and friendly management. I learned great customer service skills while maintaining upbeat pace.
Great experience & wouldn't trade my time with this company for anything!
Managing Partner (Former Employee), Various LocationsFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: great benefits & bonus opportunities.
Cons: most units were very low-volume in sales & i needed more opportunity for growth.
A great place to work & wouldn't trade my 11+yrs with this company for anything. I made some great friends along the way & learned so much from my career advancement with RT. It was just 'my time' to move on & explore my options. I have nothing negative to say about the people that represent this brand & owe them so much!
A very fast-paced environment that forced me to push myself
Guest Service Manager (Current Employee), Kirksville, MOFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: great benefits, great management team
Cons: long hours and working holidays
I have really loved my time working with this company. It is the first full-time job I received going into adulthood, and it has taught me so much about the fundamentals of a job and even my own personal life. The corporation has many outstanding goals and ideals about taking the restaurant experience back to the basics of customer service, which I have learned to appreciate and uphold.
My favorite part of working for Ruby Tuesday would have to be the complexity of my position. When one thinks of a restaurant manager's responsibilities, it normally consists of basic shift management and maybe smaller duties such as schedule writing and food ordering. While I did do those things, I also got experience in sales and marketing, accounting, human resources, and team development. Having experience in these things helps me be more readily applicable in different job markets.
I would have to say the hardest part of the job was my transition from an hourly employee to a part of the management team. I was close in age with a lot of my employees, and making the transition from a peer to a manager was very tough. Turning that side by side working relationship into an employer-employee style was something that did not happen quickly. It took a lot of time and work to build a working culture that I was satisfied with.
going down the toilet
guest services coordinator (Current Employee), alpharetta gaFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: flexible hours, like any restaurant
Cons: everything else
the company has a quest to save money no matter what that does to their business or employees. they are about to switch a lot of products to even cheaper versions

About Ruby Tuesday

Patrons of this restaurant chain are hopefully well fed when it's time to say good bye. Ruby Tuesday (RTI), which takes its name – Read more

Ruby Tuesday Salaries