Ruby Tuesday Employee Reviews

Found 2,146 reviews matching the search
horrible place to work
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Winder, GAJanuary 14, 2017
the managers are not at all very professional and all they do is yell.the other workers were helpful.not very dependable.i was told i would be working full time and only got 18 hours a week
Pros
good pay
Cons
not dependable
Best first job
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Topsham, MEJanuary 13, 2017
I loved the environment, it was fast paced on weekends and hectic on the holidays I worked. I was a hostess for six months and I loved it. The dress code had a wider range for hostesses than servers. I loved being able to wear dark jeans opposed to black slacks. I could wear nice shirts as long as the color matched the colors of the crayons we had.
The pay was not too bad, for me it was $3.50 an hour plus tips which worked out to about $10-12 an hour depending on how the day went, which is why working weekends and evenings I made more money.
Benefits were offered but I didn't take them.
What I didn't like was when we had really busy holidays and I was the only hostess on. It was very overwhelming at times but the managers and servers were awesome.
Pros
%50 discount an hour before or an hour after or during your shift, %20 up to 6 guests, great working environment, awesome managers, flexible schedule
Cons
occasional poor scheduling, pay could be better
It was slow
Host (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, GAJanuary 12, 2017
It was a good experience to learn hosting, but over all it was slow and management wasnt that good either. I did like some of the people that worked there though.
most enjoyable part of the job
Server (Current Employee) –  Clifton Park, NYJanuary 12, 2017
I really loved my coworkers and managers as well as the guests I interacted with. It is a nice company to work for, my only complaint is that the restaurant is not very busy.
hard working company
Shift Lead/Waiter (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLJanuary 11, 2017
I enjoyed working for the company for almost two years. I build a lot of networking and relationships throughout the company.Even though I didnt enjoy everyone who worked there most of them were friendly and reasonable.
Decent job for decent pay
BARTENDER (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNJanuary 11, 2017
Ruby Tuesday has underwent a decrease in restaurants in my area. Business is hard to come by in a company that hasn't had great selling points or reliable staff.
Pros
Laid back
Cons
Closed
Overall, fun place to work.
Line Cook and Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Milledgeville, GAJanuary 11, 2017
a typical day at ruby tuesday for me consisted of coming to work at 9 a.m. , Setting up the cook line, warming up all of the sauces and creams, and sometimes prepping before we opened, once we opened for the day i had to be ready for peak hours which was usually lunch time.You have to be able to work under pressure. After lunch time things would normally slow down a little and i'd proceed to prep food for the next shift that comes in after me.
Pros
discounts, benefits, easy job
Cons
poor management, unreliable co workers, pay sucks
Dishwasher line cook
Line Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Okemos MiJanuary 11, 2017
Stock line check sanitizer buckets prepare cold cooler prep items and cook in a safe friendly atmosphere while maintaining a productive ticket time buss tables expedite food and maintain a clean dish tank
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
Inexperienced coworkers
Ruby Tuesday is the Best
Server (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 10, 2017
Ruby Tuesday is the best. I love it. I eat Ruby Tuesday every day. The food there is the best. The staff there is the best. Management is great. The thing I like most about working there is the biscuits in the morning!
Pros
Salad Bar
Cons
Ruby Relaxer
Loved my job
Server (Former Employee) –  Gurnee, ILJanuary 9, 2017
All Ruby Tuesday's in the area are closed down, so unfortunately thats why i stopped working there. Great people, great tips, great uniforms. I loved this job and am very sad there arent any in the area anymore.
High beat place
Waitress/Hostess/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Culpeper, VAJanuary 9, 2017
This is my 1st job ever as a high school kid in 2004. I have always loved working here. Always fun and upbeat. Always made great tips and customers are always mostly nice to the servers. Would love to work here again one day
It was a great job
Server / Shift leader (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJanuary 9, 2017
I liked working with my co workers as well as managers, the work environment was laid back but at the same time professional.
The place is great
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SC tanger outlet 501January 8, 2017
A regular day is chill , fun , upbeat
You'll learn what you need just too stay busy
The management is good to work with
The co-workers are good (don't get too happy with them)
The hardest part would be trying to keep working and get sent home
The best is working with people who is willing to let you work when you want too
Pros
The people, money
Cons
The manager
very fast pased
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJanuary 8, 2017
loved the customers and the workers at ruby tuesdays as a bartender i was always making new aquantinces and always listenening to someones troubles and really enjoyed knowing i was there to help
Very Productive
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Lithonia, GAJanuary 8, 2017
Once I arrived at work, I clocked in and began waiting on tables. Sometime I would wait on my tables and a few co-worker's tables. At the end of every shift, I would clean my area, refill the condiments that were at the table, and prepared flatware for the next day.
I've learned how to work quickly and effectively while working here. You also need a lot of patience with people.
Best Place I've worked
Shift Leader (GSC)/ Server/ Cook/ Host/ Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJanuary 8, 2017
This was my favorite job and work family. We got a new general manager who promoted me and a few others and built a very strong management team that led our team to success, until the corporation overlooked our rapidly increasing numbers and shut us down without warning and only a 2 week's severance (only for those who had been there for at least a year) which took 30 days to be deposited in our accounts.
Pros
Great Team
Cons
We were shut down and unemployed without notice
productive fun work restaurant environment
Server (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAJanuary 8, 2017
I enjoy pleasing and serving people. There is a high turnover rate here in the restaurant field. I would like to expand my horizons in the culinary arts field before, during and after I receive my gastronomy certificate.
Pros
quick easy money in a fast paced environment
Cons
high turn over rate of employees and mass income not consistent on a day to day basis
good
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Cullman, ALJanuary 7, 2017
good place to work, just doesn't have enough traffic to make money, the staff is great, long hours but that is just part of the job
Great Food
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GaJanuary 7, 2017
Good beginner job for people who want experienve in the restaurant industry.
Pays weekly.
Good for part time.
The food is good.
Pros
Half off food, hr long breaks
First Job That I Loved
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Lexington, SCJanuary 7, 2017
I am really fortunate to be employed by this company. My management staff are really understanding and they look out for those who do what they are suppose to do. They are very flexible with me on my schedule. If it wasn't for me wanting to relocate to a different area, I would never leave this company. I really have a passion for customer service and I came to understand that while working for Ruby Tuesday's. They work with you and train you in a way that prepares you to move up in the company.
Pros
Flexibility, Ability to move up, decent pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ruby Tuesday. Our community is ready to answer.