Ruby Tuesday Employee Reviews

Found 1,075 reviews matching the search
Productive and fun workplace.
Server (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MAOctober 19, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them.
Proven leadership and service-oriented management
Manager (Current Employee) –  Township of Brick, NJOctober 19, 2015
I was originally hired in a part time position while raising my family. I was quickly promoted to Manager and returned to full time. I was promoted again to another facility with higher volume and greater earning potential. I contribute to the growth of each location by utilizing a service-oriented style of management and providing leadership and direction to as many as 35 employees.
Pros
growth potential and opportunities
Cons
nights and weekends
Good health workplace that young people would love to work at.
Dishwasher/Cook (Former Employee) –  Eden, NCOctober 19, 2015
A place where you can learn and also get the understanding of a hard worker. And work with people who love there job. The hardest part of this job is closing and cleaning every part of the kitchen.
Pros
Free lunch, Very understanding worker.
Benefits
Continues to be my favorite restaurant, even after working there.
Shift Manager, Bartender, Server Host (Current Employee) –  Athens, OHOctober 19, 2015
The most difficult part of the job is maintaining 5-star service when one is not used to attending to many guests at once.
Management is always helpful to ensure one's guests are satisfied.
Pros
50% off meals
Cons
no breaks on busy weekends
Growing Experience
Server (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, NYOctober 16, 2015
Helped me grow into a great server and sharpened my customer service skills. Got to experience a lot of different type of scenarios and i was able to resolve on my own or have my team help me. Teamwork is very valuable.
ruby tuesday
Sever/ Host (Former Employee) –  Lithonia, GAOctober 16, 2015
It was an okay job, management wasn't that great, made decent money during the morning shift. defintly need better management
Great Place To Work
Host/Server Assistant (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAOctober 15, 2015
Productive and fun family friendly area.
Great food
Exquisite all you can eat garden bar
Fast service
Friendly workers
Grade B
Server (Former Employee) –  Palm City, FLOctober 15, 2015
Environment was fun and relaxed most of the time with a few ups and downs due to misunderstandings. Cleaning, busing tables, managing servers and helping run food were part of the daily routine.
fun and exicting place to work
pantry chef, salad bar attendant (Former Employee) –  York, PAOctober 15, 2015
work day
salad bar- opening
I would come in clean the floors, and bath rooms, set up the dish washer, heat water for pasta, set up the salad bar, let in servers, start prep for the night shift, clean the dishes as they came in and stock the salad bar as needed

salad bar-closer
I would finish any prep that wasn't done at opening, stock salad bar as needed greet guest, help on line and expo if needed, do light prep for opener, full the salad bar, and empty all the trash.

expo-
read and ready all tickets, clean and prep all plates before the servers take them out, help out on line in the rush, communicate between the cooks and servers, clean my station, and help restock the line.

line cook-
I would make sure everything was stocked up before service, make orders, and help other line workers as needed.
Pros
employ discounts, felxible hours, and the people
Cons
short staff, low inventory for prep and lack of communication
Amazing
Expo (Former Employee) –  New Castle, PAOctober 14, 2015
I loved working here it was such a calm environment. If I needed anything the managers were always on top of it. There was not drama what so ever. Everyone is so supportive and kind when I left everyone understood. If I wanted I could always go back there unfortunately I cant but I would love to. If you get the chance to work there I highly recommend it.
Flexible with scheduling, approachable leadership team, personal growth encouraged.
Server & Trainer (Current Employee) –  Riverview, FLOctober 13, 2015
Every restaurant has its pros and cons but for the most part, Ruby Tuesday is a great place to work. The management here has always been flexible and accommodating with my schedule as my family needs changed. In addition, the management team is approachable regarding concerns, constructive criticism and most always, offering a solution. Each team member that has exhibited a strong work ethic and expressed a desire to grow within this company has been coached, encouraged and supported along their journey. I have worked with this company, same store, for nine years and most definitely consider all within 'family'.
A Great experience being able to improve your people skills
Server/ Server Assistant (Current Employee) –  Statesboro/OrlandoOctober 13, 2015
I have been at Ruby Tuesday for almost two years while attending college and it has been an awesome experience. As a former athlete I am all about working together as a team to get the job done. I have enjoyed working with my co-workers and management. I have improved on my communication skills and interacting with people I have never met before. As a server I am able to get to know my guest and I am able to please them during their visit at the restaurant.
Rubys
Server/Bartender/Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Hackettstown, NJOctober 13, 2015
Management was great until corporate changed the management. All coworkers were great. Food should be better quality if they expect to stay open as a business.
Another great experience providing excellent guest service
GUEST SERVICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Beaufort, SCOctober 12, 2015
Typically my day was spent providing great service to my guests. i learned how to hire and train staff, teaching people to work towards the common goals of the company.
My management was awesome. They pushed me to learn more and advance my career.
My coworkers were also great people. They helped me learn to be a server and helped even more once I moved into management.
The hardest part of the job was meshing the personalities of the staff to establish and accomplish the common goal of taking care of the guests.
The most enjoyable part was the satisfaction at the end of the day, seeing that we met daily goals and provided excellent guest service.
Pros
Teamwork, the joy of satisfying guests
Cons
positive work environment and helpful hands-on managers
Cook (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, OROctober 11, 2015
relaxed atmosphere with attention to detail, overall, a fun place to work. managers are helpful and the staff is positive and friendly.
Energetic And Motivated
Bartender (Former Employee) –  North Wales, PAOctober 10, 2015
Typical restaurant atmosphere. Little room to advance career and long, non-traditional hours. Friendly co-workers.
Fun place to work.
Server/Bartender/Shift Leader/Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDOctober 9, 2015
It was a fun place to work I was able to move up the ladder quickly and I like a company that rewards hard workers. I truly enjoyed coming into work everyday which is very important. You have to love what you do.
Pros
Great money, fun place to work.
Cons
Hours
Ruby Tuesday, a productive work place
Server (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVOctober 9, 2015
I love working at Ruby Tuesday. It is a great, well-managed place, and I always love coming to work. Everyone is so great there and are willing to always work with you. A very productive work place. I love working with people so I have really got the chance to utilize my skills.
A fast paced, and physically/mentaly demanding job.
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, WVOctober 7, 2015
Fast paced labor with a stressful high school behaviour atmosphere, and low job security. Never satisfying veteran staff. It required a lot of effort to even be noticed/favored as a good worker, yet only one mistake to be knocked back down to a peon in the eyes of the staff. Some management is well mannered, and cooperative. Most management seemed disconnected, and had zero respect for the people around them customers included. Closes co-workers are very diligent, and provided express help as needed. Others act untouchable, and are blatantly obnoxious. The most difficult part is dealing with veteran co-workers, and being frequently harassed/berated by management. The only enjoyable aspect are the decent, and humorous co-workers, fast paced/busy environment, and random discounts on overpriced meals.
Pros
Discounts on select menu items.
Cons
Terrible work environment. Obnoxious management. Ridiculous scheduling.
Typical
SERVER (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GAOctober 7, 2015
Overall it was your typical serving job. Sometimes they would under staff on busy days and over staff so hours got cut short, but overall it was a good experience.