Ruby Tuesday Employee Reviews

Fast-paced and Frenzied
Hostess And Server (Current Employee) –  Kaneohe, HIOctober 20, 2017
Typically coming into Ruby Tuesday side tasks are complete and coworker's positive. Management is supportive, positive and encouraging. I learned more refined multitasking skills and suggestive selling. The culture of my workplace is a mix of local and non local and family-oriented. The hardest part of the job was the fast paced nature and sometimes inconsistent flow of the kitchen which is to be expected as a server. I most enjoyed the friendly interactions of guests and positive energy of my coworkers.
Pros
High Compensation
Cons
Expensive Health Care
Comfortable environment
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Pooler, GAOctober 20, 2017
The manager was great and the people I worked with were awesome as well. The hours were flexible and we got discounts on the food. It's delicious by the way.
Pros
Free lunches, great people, great food.
It was a fun place to work with opportunities for severs to advance internally
Training coordinator (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, NCOctober 20, 2017
Ruby Tuesday was a decent company to work for. I started as a server and ended as a bartender/trainer. I was able to travel and help open new restaurants. The typical workday was much like any other dine in restaurant. The corporate culture felt inclusive and open to ideas from hourly employees. Management and hourly employee turnover was high and affected workflow. The hardest thing about the job was managing your own work in a busy environment and the most enjoyable part was being able to meet income goals by picking up extra shifts.
Pros
discounted meals, opportunity for advancement
Cons
high turnover affected workflow
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  FloridaOctober 20, 2017
Just NO very unorganized, management lack basic knowledge of how to properly handle employees, customers and just day to day operations over all. if you'd like to keep your sanity and avoid a headache do not go here!
Slow
Server (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 19, 2017
The restaurant is a very slow business, tips are usually low due to the amount of discounts given out and the cheap items on the menu. I've left four hour long shifts with only 5-6 tables and $20 after tip out.
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLOctober 19, 2017
Ruby tuesday in florida has an amazing management team. Minimum wagw in florida is 5.25 where as in alabama is 2.13. The rubys in alabama seem less busy than florida
terrible place to work
Server/Busboy (Former Employee) –  Parkland, FLOctober 18, 2017
Terrible place to work the management was horrendous, the workers there were very snobby and the pay in a week was only enough to cover a dinner date at a semi upscale restaurant.
Productive work place
Server and Trainer (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCOctober 18, 2017
I enjoyed working a Ruby Tuesday. The Managers and workers was very helpful. Gave great experience of customer services, I would most definitely work at Ruby Tuesday again.
Fun and fast paced when busy
General Manager- Took over a suffering location (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAOctober 17, 2017
I enjoyed my time at RT, it is faced paced when you are busy, the management is fair and work hard in my location. Only concern is we changed business models several times trying for finer dinning then back to burgers and ribs. Will see what the future holds.
Pros
great managenent
Cons
company waivered several times recently
It was ok
Server Assistant (Former Employee) –  Madison, ALOctober 17, 2017
One of the managers was not great. I did not fit in very well. I like meeting new people. Sometimes I would work a double shift. I just sat guests and opened doors for them.
Managment poor
Grill cook/pantry cook/prep cook (Former Employee) –  Milford, DEOctober 17, 2017
Needs a new general manager. Very poorly managed always running out of food even on truck days. Kitchen poorly maintained and clean equipment breaking down.
Fun fast paced
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Clifton Park, NYOctober 17, 2017
Loved almost every minute of it, many great people that I had the opportunity to work with. Fast paced, work hard, play hard type of attitudes. Downfall was trying to change its identity and losing its identity.
Benefits
Cons
sometimes no breaks
Slow paced and boring
Hostess/Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  North Platte, NEOctober 17, 2017
Not very busy always standing around, management doesn't care about their employees just their favorites. Coworkers cause unnessasry problems and make going to work terrible.
Pros
New friends
Cons
managment, rude coworkers
Fast pace
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield, CTOctober 16, 2017
Fast Pace how to multitask a lot very energetic and fun place to work full of life the food is pretty good also good people to work with lots of overtime
Pros
Discount on lunch
Its a Corporate restaurant
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Taunton, MAOctober 16, 2017
I worked at this location for quite some time when I first started there it was very busy and a great place to work. There was a change in the CEOs and a lot of their core values changed the menu changed and it was hard to keep regulars. Along with the company not wanting fix or pay for anything, the dishwasher broke behind the bar and they refused to fix it but left the old machine behind the bar. The bar chairs were old and falling apart, if you sat in one you may feel like it was going to collapse underneath you, took forever to get fixed.
Pros
For the most part every one gets along
Cons
Towards the end of working there the cooks were awful
Was a good place to work loved the catering
Catering Associate (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAOctober 16, 2017
I would reccomend working here to anyone ... The people are great. The food is awesome. You have alot of regulars and a lot of new faces. I served here also and my tips Were decent give or take.
First job
Waitress/Hostess/Busser/Expo/Dish (Former Employee) –  Anniston, ALOctober 15, 2017
Ruby Tuesday was my first job straight after high school. This job broke me out of my shell communicating to strangers and really helped me learn the value of a dollar at a young age. I worked as a hostess, waitress, busier, expo, and even cleaned dishes. I learned that team work is key and no matter the job or what you're doing that's your name on it. I believe in working to the best of my ability and being reliable so I can help out in any situation.
Pros
first working experience
Cons
low paying job
Do not recommend.
Host (Former Employee) –  Wytheville, VAOctober 14, 2017
A typical day at work consists of covering for servers while they take a smoke break and always having to suck it up and smile. The management was a mess, the three managers were all over the place with their rules. Rules were not enforced. The workplace culture was rude and eventful. There was always drama within the staff.
Overall a good place
Cook (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 14, 2017
I haven't been to ruby tuesdays in a while but from what i remember its a decent atmosphere and has some good people. A good place to start a career or a part time job
Decent place to start not to stay
Cook (Former Employee) –  Kaneohe, HIOctober 13, 2017
Basic line prep and cooking simple menu large team easy to manage stations and do things necessary to continue through the day. located in a mall so constantly dealing with volume and constantly dealing with mass reproduction. Menu was constant never changing.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ruby Tuesday. Our community is ready to answer.