Ruby Tuesday Employee Reviews

SERVER, host, prep cook, dish washer (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJanuary 26, 2018
i was able to cross train at both stores i worked at. slower chain compared to others but still not the worst place ive worked. i was sad to leave but i had my own business to run and no baby sitter for my kiddo
Pros
half off food
Cons
slow chain
Great place to work with cool people
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Swansea, MAJanuary 26, 2018
Management isn’t great but the employees are great and make the shifts easy to get through no matter how the day is going. Not a great place for long term experience for anything and you don’t get paid much even as a line cook.
Ruby Tuesday
server/bartender (Former Employee) –  New Bern, NCJanuary 26, 2018
A fine place to work. There were some issues, but as a whole good.
I didn't learn much from this company.
Management was competent to a point.
Work place was comfortable.
Dealing with some coworkers was the hardest part of the job.
The clients/guest were the best part of the job.
It was decent
Host/Bartender/ Waitresss (Former Employee) –  Lumberton, NCJanuary 25, 2018
Working at Ruby Tuesday is good job with you're in college. Helps get the bills and school finances paid. Definitely not something I would make a career out of personally.
a fun work experience
Short Order Cook (Former Employee) –  Trumbull, CTJanuary 25, 2018
Ruby Tuesday's was a fun place to work at the staff raw helpful they help you complete your tasks very respectable place of business it was a temporary job but I had from there if I could go back I would do it again The pay was not bad at the time but I wouldn't make it a career.The service we provided for customers was A1 so I was a Ruby Tuesday is an ideal job for someone who is starting out in the workforce
Not Bad
Server - Host (Former Employee) –  Moosic, PAJanuary 24, 2018
Not a bad job for younger people, and anyone who does not need benefits. Good for money in pocket everyday. It is a fast paced and fun job good for extra money.
Excellent place to work
WAITRESS HOSTESS (Former Employee) –  New Castle, PAJanuary 24, 2018
Love the managers ... they help with everything. Food is great. fast paced work when busy. when it's slow you don't make enough to survive though. they put way too many waitresses on floor so hard to make tips.
Pros
great environment
Cons
money
It was okay
Garden Bar Attendant / Prep Cook / Pantry Chef (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth City, NCJanuary 24, 2018
There was not much grow as a cook you can make it was really hard to just get to pantry side. It was good learning job. Leaned to not be a push over
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Not really a con to this place
Great experience
General Manager/Assistant Manager/BOH Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Rockledge, FLJanuary 24, 2018
I work for Ruby Tuesday for 10 years. I started off as a cook and work my way to General Manager. I enjoyed my time with them and learned to be a seasoned manager in the hospitality industry.
2nd best job I’ve ever had
Hostess/Server, bartender, Shiftleader (Former Employee) –  Fort Payne, ALJanuary 24, 2018
Loved the managers, the employees, the training was very efficient, everyone was very patient and kind, the harder you worked the more opportunities you were offered
Pros
Fair breaks
Cons
It was a nice workplace, good for young people who are in school. Uts a goid place to work.
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Douglas, GAJanuary 24, 2018
You have to have a good personal additude, wanting to deal with people. And knowing how to talk to people. Its always good to know how to smile at people, and talking to them at the seem time. Being a good person and loving the job you have.
Pros
Greet meal, discount
Cons
Ok breaks
Fast paced, a lot of regulars, consistent
Bar Manager/Head Bartender (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 23, 2018
Corporate...so very consistent. I had a lot of regulars that came to see me.
They were always trying to improve and keep up with the competition.
I have the opportunity to work there again but I would like to move on and continue to learn from other opportunities.
Productive, a blast to be a part of
Server/Hostess (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJanuary 23, 2018
When initially applying and working at Ruby Tuesday, I thought of it as a means to an end, a way to get to where I needed to be. Now I realize that Ruby Tuesday is exactly where I need to be. Ruby Tuesday has a mix of great work culture, amazing management, and a powerful volume of guests and business. There is not a single day I clock into work regretting my decision to work at this amazing place.
Positive envoirment
Garden Bar Attendant (Former Employee) –  West Plains, MOJanuary 23, 2018
Manager were mostly helpful and understanding. Was stressful at times. But if needed help was provided. They are understanding to a point but they are professional
family day rewards
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 23, 2018
bonding with clients, i learned a lot about people problems and their stressful experiences, management was well orginaized. the workplace culture was extremely diversed. greeting and meeting clients was the most enjoyable periods at work.
Employee are like family
SERVER (Current Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLJanuary 23, 2018
I have meet alot of people working here. Its slow pace but very friendly. During season you can make alot of money. Sometimes people will tip you 2.50
Pros
cash on hand
Cons
rude customer
Great place to learn
Bartender, Server, Hostess, Expo (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLJanuary 23, 2018
Ruby Tuesdays was a great place to learn all about the front of house in a restaurant. This is where I learned to bartend. Unfortunately being in the restaurant business it is not a drug free zone.
Pros
great place to learn
Cons
not a drug free atmosphere, over staffing causing under pay
Host (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJanuary 22, 2018
I love the managers and the crew. Fun and flexible hours and very laid back managers are understandings and willing to work with you.can get very busy at times but staff works well as a team.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short breaks
Slow paced, not a heavy flow of people. Low ticket prices lead to low tips.
Server/Hostess (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TNJanuary 22, 2018
Management wasn't on the same page. They tried to keep the place going but we were losing customers. Fun place to work and really relaxed. Would recommend as a side job, not a livable income.
Pros
Slow paced, flexiable
Cons
Low ticket prices
Great for learning the basics
Culinary Manager (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCJanuary 22, 2018
Ruby Tuesday offers a great opportunity to any individual looking to take their restaurant management career to the next level. They offer great training programs and ensure that all whom go into management meet the requirements of Ruby Tuesday.
Pros
discounts, pay, benefits
Cons
pencil work, 5am inventory

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ruby Tuesday. Our community is ready to answer.

41K