Rue La La Employee Reviews

High school all over again
AP Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 2, 2016
Immature staff who gossip and bully you, barely any training and they definitely play favorites. Stay away, accounting department is a joke!
runner returns
Warehouse work, inventory (Former Employee) –  Shepherdsville, KYSeptember 19, 2016
was certified in driving forklift unloaded and loaded semis kept people stocked up with products and supplies kept area clean
Hard, but productive work with friendly and helpful people
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Shepherdsville, KYJune 2, 2016
Every day, the duties were the same. Everyone was expected to meet an hourly rate, and more often than not, everyone met it. The people were friendly if you were friendly to them and the supervisors were not too strict, and would allow for the occasional error.
Ok
Returns Dept (Current Employee) –  Shepherdsville, KY 40165June 2, 2016
Nice place to work. Some great people to
work with. Very helpful Supervisor and lead.
They were always there to help. Lots of
incentives for working hard and smart.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Pay scale
great benefits
Picker/Loader (Current Employee) –  Shepherdsville, KYOctober 6, 2015
good place to work great benefits pay rate could be better. high turn over rate I think because of lack of training and communication . I have seen people put on jobs and they still didn't know what they were doing even after their training.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
low pay rate
Decent work culture
Returns Processor (Former Employee) –  Shepherdsville, KYAugust 26, 2015
Decent work flow, management was helpful at times. Co workers were always friendly despite the high demand work style.
Great team work, HORRIBLE management.
Inbound Shipping (Former Employee) –  Shepherdsville, KYAugust 12, 2015
People pull together to make teams, they have to because management is the most horrible I have ever worked for. Supervisors hold phone meetings that are primarily gossip sessions. Once they discover which employee is the brown noser they use that person to get dirt and make up dirt. Supervisors add jobs instead of hiring so they keep their budget good for their bonus yet employees become overworked and definitely under compensated.
Pros
free drinks
Cons
snobby people, scandalous supervisors, tyrants, backstabbing.
good supervisors and helpers
quality assurance (Former Employee) –  Shepherdsville, KYJune 16, 2015
started work logging into assigned Rf scanner. after morning meeting given assigned area to work. operated cherry picker which was almost fun.
Pros
good supervisors and helpers
Cons
security made you feel very uncomfortable.
Terrible upper management
Manager (Former Employee) –  Shepherdsville, KYMay 14, 2015
You may as well tattoo your salary on your forehead. They don't treat people well and continue to fire any management person who actually does care. HR is very shady and is not helpful.
Pros
Used to have good people until they fired them all
Cons
Worked like a dog, might as well be a $
had excersise room. Management willing to work with employees.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Shepherdsville, KYApril 19, 2015
Had excersize room. Management willing to work with employees when problems arrived. Paychecks were always on time. Provided adequate parking.
Meh
Senior Data Warehouse Engineer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 2, 2015
Overmanaged and underworked. The job paid a lot of money for work that didn't require all that much thought. Process for the sake of process was routine.
Pros
Beer Thursday, Fun Company Events
Cons
Micromanagement, Lack of Vision
A great opportunity.
Quality Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  Shepherdsville, KYMarch 21, 2015
I loved working at Rue La La and was very sad about having to leave due to medical issues. I enjoyed how it remained challenging and fresh even after working there 3 years. I liked my coworkers and managers. I enjoyed learning so much in my time there.
Pros
Close to home, good pay, enjoyable environment.
Great Work Atmosphere! Improving Company.
Contract Event Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 11, 2015
Rue La La is a great atmosphere. Absolutely fun and vibrant job culture. You can definitely expect a smile to cross your face at least once a day. Great job perks. Snack closet, outings, wine and beer nights etc. Fast paced and tons of work to do. Can be a lot to manage at time and no one is going to cut you any slack if it doesn't get done. Overall good place to be and the company is growing and improving every day.
Pros
free snack closet
Rude, number driven, and lack of communication.
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  BostonDecember 18, 2014
I worked here for 2 months as a Graphic Designer. First off, the Graphic Designers don't really "design" they format images supplied to them. There was barley any training, and the hardest part is getting use to their system and the steps you follow to submit "designs." Quit frankly its a very sexist environment, and hard to get questions answered. Their main focus is numbers, not design or input from designers.
Pros
Nice office
Cons
People, work itself, no training
Awful
AP Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 24, 2014
Very rude, don't want to train you. Very High School!! no support, higher ups will not even talk to one another let alone you
Pros
NONE
Cons
Rude
Rue La La
Assistant Stylist (Former Employee) –  South Boston, MAJune 4, 2014
I really enjoyed working for Rue last summer - I learned a lot from my fellow co-workers and overall I thought it was a great company to work for because the culture of the company was really young, exciting and fun!
They don't care about you.
Associate (Former Employee) –  Shepherdsville, KYApril 28, 2014
Oh they say they do. Lies. They make it sound like it's the best place to work when you first get there but it doesn't take long to figure out that the only thing they care about is money and production numbers. Whoever that crazy lady is that runs the inventory department needs to go. She's condescending and like to throw her own people under the bus to make herself look good. With her bad management/people skills and a general lack of common courtesy, it's no wonder no one likes or wanted to work in her department (even the people in her own department.)
Also, they like to force the idea that they're doing everyone a favor by letting them work there. Lame hours, the lowest pay out of all the warehouses in the area and a general lack of compassion isn't doing anyone any favors. I expect their entire company to fail in the next 2 years.
Pros
Free coffee...
Cons
Everything else.
Don't have much to say
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Shepherdsville, KYApril 2, 2014
Other then working with great people. Learning new ways on how to use the RF gun. Enjoy working on stand up lifts and cherry pickers.
Good Company, Bad Management
Feature Writer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 20, 2014
If I worked in a different department, I'm sure I would've enjoyed my time with Rue a lot better. I got along with everyone, all the departments were friendly, company had great benefits, but I had a TERRIBLE manager. He made us do his job tasks and monitoring over the weekend. Just a typical bad boss.

I was also paid via temp agency, who took a cut of my money without knowing, but I'm honestly not sure how much I would've gotten paid otherwise.
Pros
beer days, good culture, work benefits
Cons
bad pay empty promises
Busy
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Shepherdsville, KYJanuary 16, 2014
Terrible pay, carts are to heavy. 1st shift people are not morning people

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rue La La. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9