rue21 Employee Reviews

Good learning oppertunity
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Hutchinson ksDecember 11, 2017
They allowed me to become an assistant manager at a very young age and for that I am very greatful. They just didn't pay me enough and I left for basic training in the military
Horrible place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORDecember 11, 2017
Would never ever suggest someone to Work here. Absolutely the worst place ever. Horrible management and communication. Management is very shady and rude.
It was ok
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mount Juliet, TNDecember 10, 2017
it was a first job, and thats all ill say. lots of things were not good, won't get into detail but the location i was at closed and there is a reason for everything.
Upbeat and busy
Seasonal Holiday Associate (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLDecember 9, 2017
It's usually always busy here. The other employees and the manager are really friendly and make training easy. Just like other retail places, it takes patience to work here.
Pros
30 minutes lunch breaks, discounts
Cons
hours are decent..
Relaxed work place
Rue 21, Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Galesburg, ILDecember 8, 2017
I've just recently started at rue21, but so for I have enjoyed it. It's always a toss up on whether or not we'll be dead or steadily paces, but it's never busy really.
Pros
Staff is super nice
Cons
Slow, job may not be steady
Don't work here
Full Time Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDDecember 7, 2017
Terrible. One day your manager will tell you to do one thing, the next your DM will tell you another. Once youre a manager, it's just as bad. You get emails to set or do certain things. Next DM visit you have, she hates it and says you are not doing your job. TERRIBLE! The higher ups have no idea what is even going on and don't care one bit about you!!
Rue21 review
Full Time Manager (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSDecember 6, 2017
I have worked at Rue21 for almost three years now, it was my first job & still is. I have been to three different locations due to store closings. I started as a sales associate to a full time manager, which I still am currently. With being transferred to three different stores, I have not received or been given any type of compensation, bonus or a fair amount of pay that I think I deserve with being located around. Rue can be stressful & too much at times. The way they do things & how they treat their employees should be different & they should treat them with more compassion & appreciation that they deserve when they have done a lot for the company.
Fun Workplace
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIDecember 6, 2017
Everyone treats each other like we are one big family. We have fun but still get our work done in a professional manner. We treat each other with respect as well.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
No benefits for my position
You get hardly any hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Beaufort, SCDecember 6, 2017
rue21 in my opinion sucks. I was busting buns for this company and I was not given a substantial amount of hours for things i needed. I would not recommend this job to anyone. Maybe for a first job.
it was short but nice
Cashier, Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GADecember 6, 2017
i enjoyed it but only there for a little because i changed schools and moved back to Gwinnett. But i enjoyed my time there everyone was really cool and chill
Loved the trending fashion and the customer base was always fun
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNDecember 6, 2017
This company did not provide enough payroll to control shrink in my store. The size of my store needed at least 4 associates and a manager to cover the departments on the weekend but with the payroll provided we were working with one manager and two associates at a time. During the week we were closing with one associate and one manager and expected to control shrink. The company then put in place a policy where if the store didn't achieve the expected % on inventory results the management would be written up and after the third write up you were terminated. How is this fair when your only getting bare minimum payroll to run your store. It's hard to keep manager positions full with the knowledge of knowing you basically have no control of your inventory with the company limiting your tools to achieve your inventory results. I dedicated years to a company that has no idea how the real world works. I wish for one week someone from corporate would have to come into a store and achieve sales plan and get all of the task complete and control your inventory with the payroll they provide. This company is on a roller coaster and I don't see it surviving much longer. Already filing bankruptcy on 400 stores this year was an eye opener to me. Moving on to bigger and better things with a company who knows how to run a company and how to treat their employees .
Pros
Discount
Cons
Mgr turnover
up beat and fast paced
Rue 21, Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Washington, PADecember 5, 2017
Working here was one of the better jobs I've had. A typical work day for me included greeting people, some very nice others very rude. Looking at clothes all day, and maybe telling a fellow gf she looks banging in that outfit she just tried on if she's having second thoughts about it. Working with my fellow sales associate buddies who became my best friends, and we all knew we were going to have a good night closing shop when we had our favorite manager and what me and my girls call 'the original rue crew' working that night. I would say the hardest part of this job was seeing a piece of clothing you just had to have, but your bank account is coughing saying no your broke put it back, and even with the employee discount, you still couldn't have it, so then you slowly walked it back to where you got it from crying.
Pros
half hour lunch breaks
Cons
5 minute breaks, weird work shifts
Fast past
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PADecember 5, 2017
Management team more like store manager wasn't fair. Or honest with co workers and sales associate . Didn't help that district manger was friends with her a sugar coat everything wrong going on in store
Melting pot of fashion and trends
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARDecember 5, 2017
I was fortunate enough to work with a great team. But rue 21 sells cheap products of poor quality. Faithful customers aren’t regular. Mostly adolescents that grow out of the styles offered within a few seasons. Rue 21 is quick to jump on trends and crazes but it makes the products you are selling varied and creates a feeling of clutter
If your okay with low pay and poor corporate communication
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  ClevelandDecember 4, 2017
This position/ company is for someone who works close by and is noy looking for security financially , you will not make what you are worth and you will become drained from the company's and the employees. The District Manager is never available nor is she helpful. Little to no pay and driving long distance is not worth the the money. And the company has a unfortunate turn around with keeping employees
Pros
Team who trained myself and another assistant manager in training were Great!
Cons
Everything is wrong with this company! It is not worth the low pay and stress
n/a
Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 4, 2017
a typical day was doing shipment and having to talk to customers and their needs, it can get annoying at times but over all easy job for a college student
Productive and fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 3, 2017
The management is good and a typical work day isn’t too hard. Getting dressing rooms, shipment, folding clothes, and ringing. I loved the team I worked with.
Pros
The discount was pretty good
Great!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 30, 2017
I loved working at Rue! It's so fun and relaxed. The people are fantastic. I miss it very much, I was just too busy to work as many hours as they would have liked me to, so when I changed my hours, i was never scheduled.
Pros
Amazing people
Cons
Not many customers
Competitive, fast paced, and fun environment to work in. Store bonuses were offered monthly for Commision and I love a challenge!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, TXNovember 30, 2017
Rue 21 was a great opportunity for me to learn the ropes of management. It gave me knowledge on how to manage a team of employees, be creative with store design and advertising. All around great company to work for.
Pros
Great competitive pay
Cons
Store closed
Poor Company to work for.
FT Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Heath, OHNovember 29, 2017
-I liked my job but was treated unfairly. I liked working with the public. Our store was short staffed and I was the one ending up with all the hours and didn’t have time for my personal life.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at rue21. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8