rue21 Employee Reviews

Found 1,050 reviews matching the search
One of the Best Jobs Ever
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCJanuary 22, 2017
Rue 21 wasw fun to work out. The speed is upbeat and the environment is friendly and welcoming. The one hard part is how focused upper management is on fragrance sales.
music is good
Rue 21, Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXJanuary 22, 2017
the music is good but the manager is to worried about high school drama. she is always worried about something else but her job , she stays on her phone even when working
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COJanuary 20, 2017
I really enjoyed working at Rue. I learned a lot about working in a team and I learned great customer service skills. The management was great and I loved my boss, she was fantastic to work with.
Strong moral and ethical work space
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hixson, TNJanuary 20, 2017
Typical days at work include recovering the store and putting up items, putting out stock, and attending to costumers who are always pleasant. I've learned that retail is way more than clothes. It's about providing the costumers the best quality clothes while also giving them the freedom to be themselves. I appreciate my store's strong will to work towards providing the best costumer service. My coworkers always have positive attitudes, and my managers make working with the company fun.The hardest part of the job is realizing that there are people that do not care, it is your job to give them the best costumer service out there, but you occasionally get the costumers that steal or really try to make your life hard so that they can get free things. However, there are costumers that come in, have a good time, and make for good conversation.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Rude costumers
Easy work but..
Sales Accociate (Current Employee) –  TennesseeJanuary 19, 2017
The work is easy, the people are fun to work with. HOWEVER, constant false promises, upper management and corporate don't seem to care at all about valuable employees.
I was given a chance starting at Rue, and I've worked my butt off every day since I started. I was offered a seasonal position when the time came as an assistant manager. I killed it! nothing but compliments from everyone, including the DM who didn't believe in me for a moment. But now that I've been demoted back to just a regular associate, they've taken my raise and respect away from me. The raise was only a dollar that, even though I have DEFINITELY earned it, I didn't get to keep. The company clearly does NOT recognize a valuable employee at all. also, HQ is IMPOSSIBLE to get a hold of. It's like some kind of joke they like to play. Overall, it's a perfect job for a 16 year old with little to no self respect. If you want to get somewhere, you're better off moving on up at Wal-Mart.
No matter how qualified you are, or how many times you've PROVEN you ARE competent.
Pros
Easy work, Mostly fun people to work with
Cons
no benefits for PT employees, little to no hours, little respect, no room to move and grow in company
rue 21
Retail management (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 19, 2017
loved working for rue 21, it was a great start for me. i learned alot being there. it really helped me open up and become less shy. Did not love the horrible mangement. Also only 40 hours of vacation is not enough and constantly having to sell perfume was really annoying.
Fun place with fun people to work with
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Duluth, MNJanuary 18, 2017
I would tell people to apply here. It's a very fun place to work but when it isn't a holiday there aren't many hours. It gets messy at times but when you clean up a table you feel very happy. To work here you have to actually want to work.
Pros
Clothing discount
Cons
Not many hours
Productive and fun workplace with multiple vending machines refridgeters and microwaves
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Weirton, WVJanuary 18, 2017
My drive was to far to enjoy it overtime was plentiful which was nice to compensate for the daily fill up. Very friendly and helpful people that I worked with there. People that work there have really nice rides and look very good in appearance which is a huge plus.
Pros
3 breaks
Cons
alot of walking
Very fun environment and a great place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Alvin, TXJanuary 17, 2017
I learned a lot working at Rue 21, such as how to work a cash register, how to sell fragrances, and how to work productively. A typical day at work was always very fun, I loved my managers and the people that I worked with. All of my co-workers were super nice. I loved how we all worked together to solve a problem or get a task done. The hardest part of the job was closing, because there was always a lot to do. However, I also enjoyed doing it because it was fun to get everything done with the people I worked with.
Pros
Associate appreciation days
Cons
Short breaks
move up
Full Time Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Cranberry, PAJanuary 17, 2017
This is a great company to move up in when your wanting to move up in stores. moving quick for your hard work is acknowledged

Want to know more about rue21?

Ask a question
Do not work here
FULL TIME MANAGER (Former Employee) –  TXJanuary 16, 2017
Do not work here because the company is not worth your time. The higher up management do not care and that effects the work place. This job is not worth your time.
fun place to work as an associate
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Sanford, FLJanuary 16, 2017
once you become a manager there your personal life is over. But as an associate its a fun 2 or 3 day a week job. They offer paid time off for part time management which is great and you get to express your style because there is no dress code.
Pros
fun, benefits
Cons
management
Rue21 is an amazing place to work. It's fun and always willing to help customers.
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Merritt Island, FLJanuary 14, 2017
Rue21 is an amazing job. There are so many different job titles to choose from and always room to advance. It is fun to work here because there is never a dull moment. You're always busy and the styles change every month.
Fun place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Weirton, WVJanuary 14, 2017
Lots of room for advancement, different stuff to do so its not boring, and a decent wage to be made.A lit of diverse people working here and its pretty fun.
Pros
Good money and advancement
Cons
Long hours fast paced
fun work place
Salesman/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Moses Lake, WAJanuary 13, 2017
Nice place to work friendly environment co-workers and managers
all great people inside and out. Cool vibe in store, with selection of clothes for everyone very diverse. synergy
Pros
positive synergy work place
Cons
almost have to be bilingual
It's ok
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Waterford, CTJanuary 13, 2017
The staff are great and willing to help but lack of leadership from management leaves sales associates lacking professionalism.

Pros- Family environment

Cons - No management and they rely heavily on the personnel who do work and don't fire the ones who don't because they are friends.
it was ok
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pflugerville, TXJanuary 12, 2017
it started off good i just wasn't getting very many hours and eventually co-workers would say things about me that weren't true they tried to make it seem like some of the things i said to make others feel bad or rasic
Pros
good discount
Cons
work enviroment
Overall No.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 11, 2017
It's a fun environment, the store itself. But on the inside of the company, it's tiring and depressing. No breaks AT ALL. if you ask, and it's an emergency obviously you'll get a break but I doubt it lol. You're on your feet for 5-10 hours straight. Your feet will hurt no doubt lol! It's a fast paced and hard position. The store manager is excellent and she's determined, great person to learn from but overall working here is difficult. The drama is silly and everyone talks gossip (all retail jobs have that but it's silly here)
Pros
Leaving
Cons
Hours, no breaks, drama
horrible
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hicksville, NYJanuary 11, 2017
So disorganised
They lie and use people
there is little to no management
the current manager steals
they lie about what they will be paying you
since they don't have managers they will have you doing the job of a manager with the pay of an associate and fire you if you complain
Pros
flexible with your schedule
Cons
liars and manipulators
Fast pace retail
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Durant, OKJanuary 10, 2017
I did 2 years of black Friday seasonal work with rue21. It was a fun very fast paced environment. It made me appreciate retail workers and want to be a part of it.
Pros
Meeting lots of people, working with fashion
Cons
So busy not enough time with customers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at rue21. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9