rue21 Employee Reviews

Found 1,400 reviews matching the search
Never ending amount of tasking
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Lorain, ohioSeptember 1, 2017
Company asks to much of their limited employees without offering increased payroll hours to accomplish tasks. Employees are unreliable, so younever know if help is going to show up. Shifts are not guaranteed due to lack of payroll hours but corporate always makes stores hire more people during busy seasons knowing stores don't get the hours needed to have two people working on one shift.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Anywhere from 3 hour to 15 hour shifts
Fun place to work
Associate (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXAugust 31, 2017
Very busy store especially on holiday season. Give good discounts for employees. Managers were sometimes very unfair to employees. Made a choice between family and job was what i went through.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Hours and managers
Company is changing. Something different all the time
Full Time Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 31, 2017
Poor management
Not enough money to be a manager, associate and a stock person all at the same time
Not enough hours for all associates and managers to work as one
Pros
Pto
Cons
Short breaks long days
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 30, 2017
Fun environment and easy going employees. Job wasn't hard, it was simple and can get the job done quick. Every now and then there would be little competitions on who could sale the most fragrance for a gift and that add the job more fun and something else to look foward to.
It okay for Beginners
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 30, 2017
Is a great job for beginners first time job you get to do a lil bit of everything from cashier stock sales work in dressing room etc.. good for getting experience level up
Pros
I got to work around my kids schedule
Cons
Management, paid was not worth it, always doing other people work
Very productive workplace. But sometimes tough with the young kids that they hire. Need some maturity.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Massena, NYAugust 29, 2017
Rue21 was a great company to work for. A lot of growth able to move up or relocate there was so many in certain vicinities together. It just happened that the store in our town had to close.
Pros
. Clothes were inexpensive. Great value.
Cons
Needed better quality material tend to pill a lot.
Productive workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Washington, MOAugust 29, 2017
I worked at Rue21 for a year and one of the downfalls for the store is the customers weren't the best. There was a lot of merchandise stolen and there were a lot of nights we were open for 30 minutes to an hour after closing time because costumers wouldn't leave. The management was good and very helpful with questions or explanations.
Pros
Paid breaks, longer breaks
Cons
Overtime, pay
great
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Thibodaux, LAAugust 29, 2017
great vibe. store closed down. no need to apple. great college job. great hours ad opportunity. great days and great nights/ customers. popular store in the area. great business
Great People, Bad Business
Full Time Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Corvallis, ORAugust 28, 2017
I LOVED my job with rue until my store was shut down in June 2017. It was the people I worked with who made the job great. I would work for them again if it wasn't for so many of their stores shutting down beginning this year. The company did not do much for their employees once your store was listed as a closing store though, in my opinion. No severance packages, less communication- the closing of the store fell completely on us.
Pros
Discounts, paid time off, sick time, great employees
Cons
Stores shutting down
learning experience
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 28, 2017
some days slow
helps you learn good sales tactics
Allows you to get acquinted with people who loves fashion
very competitive
kinda like a side job doesnt get that busy
Pros
discounts
Cons
no raises
great workplace for teenager
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAAugust 28, 2017
workplace was competitive and relaxed. Opportunities to sell fragrance for daily goal. Great 1st job experience. Hours were flexible. Management was very supportive and outgoing about tyhe job.
Pros
Great 1st job
Cons
Benefits are not great.
Example: Productive and fun workplace with ping pong tablen
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  RaleighAugust 27, 2017
It's a nice place too work good Co workers n manager the clothes are good up too date with styles and what society is leaning towards today it's great
Slow and not a place I would work again
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  2266 Martin Luther king blvd, Panama City fl 32405August 25, 2017
The just was very slow and you couldn't even talk to the other employees. It was a place I would not recommend and I would not work again. I had close to no hours (3 hours a week) and it was just not a very good place to work.
Pros
40% off
Cons
No hours
It was fun to work there, but management wasn't right
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pineville, NCAugust 24, 2017
The complete review for Rue21, it's my favorite clothing store, but they never did give any raises to anyone, multiple people quit after working for less than a month because of management and that they could barely get any days off unless they switched with someone else. You were not told when you were let go.
Pros
The other employees were nice
Cons
Short breaks, long hours
Glad they shut down
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 23, 2017
This location I worked at had terrible management. It was very sad. I came on as an assistant manager, and I would listen to how badly the other AM’s talked to AND about employees.
Pros
Discount
Cons
always had something to do, awesome environment
Part-time assistant manager until the end (Former Employee) –  Eureka, CAAugust 23, 2017
The employees were amazing. Always had the tables neat and tidy. Anyone is always available and willing to help out. They are also extremely nice and fast when you need something down or a fitting room.
very productive and fun place to work at
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Maysville, KYAugust 22, 2017
a very great place to start with your first job, it teaches public speaking skills, how to provide great customer service and importance of being on time.
Pros
very understanding management
Cons
sometimes there's drama
Work Days
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Saint George, UTAugust 22, 2017
The environment used to fun and energetic, but to many things have changed that have made it a poor place to work. My favorite thing is that I get to meet new people almost everyday and see what they like in the store and assist them in finding outfits that best fit them. Recently, the management has been really poor with the addition of a new manager. I have learned to accept my self and other people, everybody is different in their own way and it shows on what they like to wear and how we connect while communicating.
Eh
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Foley, ALAugust 22, 2017
Never enough hours
Way to much drama
Management acted as if everything was the associates fault
Would work a double and only get a 5 min break or 10
Not a happy environment to work in
Pros
Discounts like crazy, always smell like perfumes
Cons
Awful vibes, rude behavior
Productive and fun workplace
Rue 21, Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lake Jackson, TXAugust 22, 2017
Rue 21 was a mild competitive retail store. Selling fragrances was one of the hardest parts of the job but it was a competition between all the stores in the district and the store would win prizes. The most enjoyable parts of the job was seeing all the new clothes that came in and seeing the newest trend fashions.
Pros
Discount on clothes
Cons
Short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at rue21. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9