rue21 Employee Reviews

Found 1,306 reviews matching the search
fun and productive workplace
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Pierre, SDJune 22, 2017
Every day working at Rue was very productive and fun. Managers are always there to help in a positive way. The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing all the new trends and helping customers achieve their desired look.
Pros
decent lunch breaks, great employee discounts
Cons
healthcare
Needs work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCJune 22, 2017
The place is closing and I know why I applied before black friday last year and they strung me along 2 months before I finally get hired..Then the manager would only let me work one day a week,then I hear they are closing the stores and she works me on weekends now I have begged and begged for more hours but now its ending..But I see why they are closing..Poor management..
Pros
Nice clothes etc
Cons
Its closing..
Worst job ever!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Stephenville, TXJune 21, 2017
The company is horrible and the management is just as bad. always yelling at you. i left as soon as i could. If you enjoy being stressed out and never doing anything right then that job fits you well.
Fun place to work for a little extra money
RUE 21 Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Niles, OHJune 20, 2017
Rue 21 is a perfect fit if you are looking for a true traditional part-time position with a few hours here or there. For the most part the management was good and the people were ok.
Fun and easy job, but not worth it.
Rue 21, Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Adrian, MIJune 20, 2017
Hours are very low, pay does not increase, and holiday hours are ridiculous. The work is very laid back and easy, and I do enjoy the people I work with, but the low hours weekly are not worth the job.
Horrible
Etc Specialist (Former Employee) –  Garden City, KSJune 20, 2017
I first started out as a cashier. It was all fun and great then I got promoted to be etc specialist. I proceeded to work with jewelry, shoes, and everything else like bedding, decorations. It was great job I loved being with jewelry and shoes. I Found my self then working so hard I ended up doing a manager job on minimum wage I found myself even coming in off the clock just to keep up with shipment. it finally came where I had to find another job due to stress level being high, not getting paid enough due to raising myself.
Pros
great people
Cons
bad pay, bad mangement
too much work for the pay
STORE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 19, 2017
typical day for management is opening registers, making sure store is clean, shipment is out. Shipment is between 4 and 30 boxes daily. no extra hours are given for shipment. There are monthly visuals 3 times out of a 4 week month. Rue does not pay enough to have the store manager 3 sundays a week. DM is never around and doesnt have time to answer emails or phone calls.
Pros
staff/ benefits
Cons
pay upper management
Very high maintenance store
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJune 19, 2017
Not everyone was doing there job or knew how to do it.
Working as a team makes things so much easier, at first we had a good crew but as soon as the holidays hit it took a turn for the worse & the manager was really harsh on employees.
Pros
Hours we good
Cons
Not getting paid enough for how much you had to do
Good Job
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Robinsonville, MSJune 19, 2017
This may have been one of the best jobs I've had in the management field. I enjoyed the tasks given and the goals set for each day. Overseeing over 6 people has completely enhanced my skills at overall management.
Productive and fun place to work
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALJune 18, 2017
The staff is great and one of the best teams ive worked with. The hours are not so great and offer no benefits to non management staff. Fun place to work.
Pros
Great friendly staff
Cons
Low wage and low hours.
Great "first job"
Rue 21, Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTJune 15, 2017
It's a fun environment to work in. The managers are generally awesome, and as long as you put forth your effort you get positive feedback, and you feel good about yourself and your customers. Had an amazing experience, worked with amazing people.
productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hobbs, NMJune 15, 2017
Everyday there were things to do. You meet a lot of people and very fun. It was a nice job and I'd recommend people to work here. I loved my coworkers as well.
maybe one of the worst companies
Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Selma, CAJune 13, 2017
i'll start by sayin that my first couple of months were ok but after you find out that its just about who you know in order to move up in the company.
Fun great pace to work
Co-Manager/Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Meridian, MSJune 12, 2017
*Monitored cash drawers in multiple checkout stations to ensure adequate cash supply.
*Contacted customer to follow up on purchases, suggest new merchandise and inform them about promotions and upcoming events.
*Communicated all store initiatives and promotions to customers to generate return business.
I really loved the manager and the clothes
Door Greeter (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WIJune 12, 2017
She would talk to the works in a calm way she would make everyone love to come to work ,she was really laid back as long as you did your work it wasn't any problem's with her coming around thanking everyone on a great job with the store .
horrible job
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Allis, WIJune 10, 2017
i started working there when i was 16 they started me at 7.25 an hour. i was the youngest worker and one of the hardest workers managers from other stores wanted me to work for them i had awesome sales great customer feedback as well as customer service. we lost all of our managers and my store manager went on maternity leave so it was up to me to help out the store ive worked over time, doubles etc. i asked for a raise after being there for a year and a half and i was told i had to "prove myself"
Pros
25% discount, breaks
Cons
horrible management, horrible company
Decent
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZJune 9, 2017
As retail jobs go, Rue21 is one of the better companies (or so I've heard). Based off my experience, it has great potential. The only problem I find is that they tend to promote people based off of favoritism rather than work ethic or even experience. While this doesn't happen as the norm it does happen quite a bit. to the point that there are managers who are clearly unqualified or not invested in the company or its associates. Definitely a better beginner/entry level job for anyone looking to work in the retail/fashion industry.
Pros
No uniform, ability to change appearance
Cons
Sometimes management can be poor
Stepping stone
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILJune 9, 2017
When I inquired about the position the hiring manager stated that they were looking for someone to work part time 20 hours a week and that was perfect for me since i had a full time job and it was the holiday season. I work 1 week with 20 hours and each week after was 4-6 hours a week. Then the store manager quit. You can not express your opinion on what is going on. Assistant managers were lazy and didn't work. Stayed 2 months and quit.
Pros
Little extra money
Cons
no hours and lazy people
Pay more an benefits
Stock Person (Current Employee) –  Colonial Heights, VAJune 9, 2017
Multi tasks an fast doin shipment customer services sales fragnances an open availability being to work the register an knowing how to fold shirts an pants
Pros
Pay more
Cons
Benifits
Great people, seemingly useless but challenging tasks, and easy employment.
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Mountain Home, ARJune 8, 2017
Everyone who works at rue21 seems to be pretty nice people. You might find one or two bad ones but all and all everyone of us tends to get along and are nice to one another. Sadly though a lot of the tasks at rue21 do not make much since and it doesn't better the store when we do them if anything it throws us off sometimes and makes challenges we have to over come.
Pros
Good discount, Good people, Good fun
Cons
Sometimes Hard tasks, difficult customers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at rue21. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9