Ruffalo Noel Levitz Employee Reviews

Great skill to learn, flexible hours, amazing staff.
Professional Student Caller (Current Employee) –  Binghamton, NYFebruary 20, 2017
I great opportunity for a student who is looking for work while attending college. Great staff, flexible hours and many opportunities. This job also provides you with experience conversing with a multitude of different individuals, helping to strengthen people and conversational skills.
Pros
Incentives if you work hard! (e.g pizza, gift cards)
Cons
3 hour shift daily, must work 9 hours a week (not at all bad)
Cold Calls
Caller (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJFebruary 13, 2017
The training was good, but the job consists of sitting on a phone all day, trying to reach goals. You do a lot of cold calls and have to deal with everyone. Supervisor motivates you to do the very best.
call center
Telemarketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJanuary 31, 2017
a basic call center that would call alumni and ask if they were interested in donating back to the college.
most of the people that worked there were very good people
Great work environment; Excellent training program
Student Fundraiser (Former Employee) –  Oxford, OHJanuary 27, 2017
I worked for Ruffalo Noel Levitz for a few months as a sophomore in college. It was a great opportunity to learn the ins and outs of cold calling while participating in the betterment of the university.
Encourages Employee Growth
Program Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 24, 2017
I started as a caller during my sophomore year in caller. I was then promoted to supervisor 2 years later. Once I graduated, I become the Program Center Manager. They encourage all supervisors to become Program Center Managers and stay in the company. I greatly appreciated that.
Pros
Do not have to work Fridays or Saturdays
Cons
Late hours
Not what I expected
Fundraiser (Former Employee) –  Cedar Falls, IAJanuary 22, 2017
I did not think this was the job I thought it was. I thought it was a calling center kind of like of crisis center. Not at all what it was! You call alumni asking for money. The company makes you ask for money 3 times no matter what and they have a script for you to speak off of.
Pros
Even hours
Cons
no breaks, not able to stop after they say no the first time, sounds robotic
Productive work space
Professional Student Caller (Former Employee) –  Monmouth, ILJanuary 21, 2017
Each shift was different as far as what happened that day, who we talked to, and the skills we'd have to use per conversation.
Pros
Great People
Cons
N/A
It's alright
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Sherman, TXJanuary 16, 2017
Pretty boring and repetitive, a good job if you're a student. The schedule is extremely flexible, and you can work any amount of time within the parameters. It was fun if you had friends working with you, and we were also allowed to complete our homework/read as long as it wasn't with our phones.
Great environment with flexible hours and a lot of oppotunities
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJanuary 10, 2017
Great employer to work for with amazing job training and advancement opportunities for college students and graduates!

I enjoyed all of my time at this company, and had great opportunities as a college student that I will appreciate for my whole life!
Flexible but the environment was not comfortable
Campus ambassador (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL 32224January 6, 2017
Go to work and talk to people on the phones. I would call students and alumni for surveys and fundraising. I learned how to keep people interested in the fundraising. Management was okay for they treated people unfair or equal, and my co-workers were awesome. The hardest part of my job was sometimes people would yell at me for bothering them. The most enjoyable part was talking to people and learning their experiences with the school.
Pros
Got to do my homework
Cons
no breaks
great job for college students
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Abilene, TXJanuary 3, 2017
Working as a caller is a great job for college students. The company provides bonuses (tuition assistance), they are really flexible with hours, and doing homework is allowed on the job. It is also very fulfilling to either help a high school student learn more about a school, or help fundraise for your own school.
Pros
flexible
Cons
boring
I would not suggest working here.
UAB phonathon (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALDecember 29, 2016
They demand you to harass people into donating money to their company.It's just not a good place to work. I would not recommend it. The hours suck too. 4 days a week for 4 hours.
Not for everyone
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 23, 2016
Short shifts were nice but if you wanted more hours it was almost impossible, the company believed their employees would burn out too quickly. Easy work as far as calling goes, just stressful if the person on the other end was rude. You are not allowed to hang up and have to keep on with the script until they hang up or you reach the end.
Pros
Easy
Cons
You can not hang up the phone
Active workplace with pleasant co-workers
Bank Card Processing Representative (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IADecember 14, 2016
Some days you can get some interesting phone calls, other days you don't. Every day though, you end up feeling great about the work you did because you know you're helping someone.
Productive and laid back workplace
Abilene Christian University Student Fundraiser (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXDecember 11, 2016
A typical day is not typically exciting, but it is a good job for any college student looking for sales experience. Management works with well with students schedules.
worst place on earth
Professional Fundraiser (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LADecember 8, 2016
manager fired me for personal reasons and its just a glorified telemarketing scam. it seems really unsafe for the privacy of those we are attempting to leach money from
Pros
Cons
everything
Real Easy job.
Enrollment Caller (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INNovember 27, 2016
I worked at my school campus calling people in highschool to see if they wanted to join our university. they worked around my college schedule and my bosses were great! the job itself is ok for that pay ($8 an hour), i worked in 3 hour shift with one 10 min break per shift. the worst part of the job is being hung up on CONSTANTLY. the best part was how easy it was otherwise. could not have asked for a simpler job, and they let me do homework on the job, between calls at least.
Pros
work around schedule, simplicity of work, let me do my homework at the same time.
Cons
youre basically a telemarketer, only for colleges and people HATE that.
Good Experience
Student Fundraiser (Former Employee) –  Kent, OHNovember 23, 2016
I was able to develop my communication skills on and off the phone. I learned how to really build rapport and truly sell someone on something they did not like, such as giving to Kent State.
Pros
Awesome hours, Great Boss, Learn a lot about the school
Cons
Productive, yet laid back work place.
Fundraiser (Current Employee) –  Athens-Clarke County, GANovember 15, 2016
Productive, yet laid back work place. Flexible hours with an understanding boss. Coworkers are all students, and it's a friendly environment.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
short breaks
Just alright.
Donor Relations Associate (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 3, 2016
Not a big fan of calling hundreds of people. But they are good people to work with. Not everyone's cup of tea. Decent pay. It is a fun place and has an alright working atmosphere.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ruffalo Noel Levitz. Our community is ready to answer.