Ruffalo Noel Levitz Employee Reviews

Beneficial for Networking and Marketing
Student Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Villanova, PADecember 21, 2015
Overall, the Phonathon has a lot to offer students. The main task for callers is to update Alumni and associates of the unveristy on events and news. Besides this, callers get an opportunity to forge relationships with Villanova Alumni with different careers and professional paths. While students network with Alumni, they are also requesting that Alumni give back to their alma mater for students still in undergrad. It is a great position that has flexible hours.
Pros
Hours, Management
Cons
pay wage
Stable work environment with good benefits
Data Management Analyst (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 5, 2012
Prioritizing work requests, contact with clients to answer questions and completing custom requests, running regular reports for clients, querying data to research issues and produce reports for clients and management, loading data into company created software
I've worked with new software and have learned more advanced querying skills.I've worked with a variety of management styles and work ethic.
The hardest part of the job is waiting for concerns to be addressed by management. My favorite part of the job is working with the clients and helping support the overall goals of the company.
Pros
casual dress days, 12pm release during the summer months
Cons
low salary, lack of forward thinking in management, taking too much time to address employee issues
Great balance of communication and technical responisibilities
Call Center Operator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 9, 2015
RuffaloCODY was a wonderful place to work and was very flexible with work around student class schedules. Most of my co workers were also college students. We developed a strong sense of teamwork in trying to meet goals and quotas.

The hardest part of my job was when I had to call alumni and find out they had past away. On the other hand, I really enjoyed being able to help raise scholarships for many of my fellow students.
Pros
Flexible schedule, team environment
Cons
Limited work hours
Smile While You Dial
Fundraiser (Current Employee) –  Athens, GAMay 12, 2015
As a current fundraiser of the renounced Ruffalo Noel Levitz team, I have learned a lot over the past 2 years I have been employed there. I was blessed to have worked with numerous co-workers with personalities that I have come to love. I have also had the pleasure of perfecting my customer services skills while speaking with several alumni, friends, and family members of non-profit universities.
Gained Support for University Annual Giving
Student Caller (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 21, 2015
Convenient on campus job for students looking to gain experience in communications and fundraising. The hardest part of the job is persuading stubborn alumni to give and the most rewarding part of the job is that you are making a difference for the university by getting alumni to support important resources including scholarships, new technology, and classroom upgrades.
Pros
Great compensation and a competitive environment
Cons
Felt unethical to ask for money when people are out of work or sick
Great company
Prefer not to say (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJuly 4, 2014
RuffaloCODY is a great company that's growing quickly, and there are growing pains because of it. There's constant changing up of management and divisions. But it is a great company culture, the executive team really cares about their employees, and the work/life balance is great. Getting out early on Fridays is a huge bonus. Salaries could be higher, but for a smaller company they're average.
Pros
Early out on Friday, decent benefits
Cons
Salaries are low
Watch Out
DA (Former Employee) –  IowaMay 10, 2016
Terrible experience.
Bad management.
No direction.
Meetings and no action.
Does not listen to employees.
No leadership.
Terrible, Terrible, Terrible.
Interactive workplace
Student Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 1, 2016
The students employed by RNL make for a very interactive and friendly environment. I have had plenty of opportunity for advancement, moving from a caller, to a lead caller, to a supervisor, all while maintaining my status as a full time student. As a supervisor, I assisted the manager in overseeing over 60 students every week. At times the turnover rate among the callers could be quite a challenge, but getting to meet new students and encourage them to develop their interpersonal skills has been a pleasure.
Pros
fun atmosphere, on campus
Cons
shifts mostly in evenings
Enjoyable workplace for students
Student Caller; Student Fundraiser (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJuly 23, 2015
If you're looking for a part-time job opportunity to give you a little bit of extra spending money, this is a great place to start! 3-4 hour shifts, 3 days/week. Won't interfere with daytime commitments. No compensation for pledges.
Good job for students
Student Caller (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MAApril 19, 2014
typical day involves sitting at a cubicle calling alumni, parents, and friends of the university to share information and ask for donations. The co-workers are mostly unviersity students. The most enjoyable part of the job is succeeding to get a donation or having an enjoyable conversation with a knowledgeable alumni. The hardest part is asking the required number of times for a contribution. I feel like I have learned how to talk on the phone better and a bit about persuading people.
Pros
sometimes small rewards for success, flexible hours, friendly manager/supervisors
Cons
boring, part time w/ no benefits
Productive Workplace
PhoneJack (Former Employee) –  Brookings, SDMay 8, 2016
The supervisors and program manager were exceptional in creating a fun, working atmosphere. We were able to accomplish company goals at the call center, and created relationships with our coworkers through team bonding.
Pros
fun atmosphere
Cons
short break
RuffaloCODY: a good short term job option
Student Fundraiser (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCFebruary 9, 2016
I originally took this job as a summer caller which was very enjoyable, the atmosphere was relaxed for a call center, I enjoyed it so much I applied for re-hire in the fall and was re-hired to call for the fall semester. However, during the semester the call center manager instituted new policies like mandatory Sunday shifts and began giving me less favorable calling pools. As a result working at the call center was no longer a good fit for my academic schedule.
Pros
good environment
Cons
inconsistent/changing policies, mandatory Sundays
a good place to start
NPS caller/Payroll Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJuly 8, 2015
It is a good place to start out of highschool. Tries to work with your school schedule and the raises are nice. You start above minimum wage.
Upbeat work place
Campus Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 16, 2015
A typical day at work began calling various colleges of Wayne State for donations from alumni. I learned that alumni play an important part role in donating back to the college they pursued their degree from. The management were very positive and encouraging the employees to ask and persuade alumni for monetary donations. My coworkers were upbeat and happy when they made goal. The hardest part of the job was when alumni didn't want to donate back to the college and I had to persuade them how important and significant their donations were to current and future academic programs. The most enjoyable part was when Alumni donated and the management team would award the employees with freebies.
Pros
Work related freebies, extended lunches
Cons
Not enough work hours
Great place to work while in college
Caller Fundraiser (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MAMay 31, 2012
I started as a caller fundraiser. If you don't mind dealing with mean people on the phone it a great job. The supervisors that I had were great some were real hellraisers. if you're a business major you might be able to advance in the company as I've seen friends do. It can be kind of cozy, so if fundraising is not your long term goal it can be hard to leave. I'd recommend it for summer ad winter breaks and college freshman
Stable work environment with good benefits
Data Management Analyst (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 5, 2012
I've worked with a variety of management styles and work ethic.
Pros
casual dress days, 12pm release during the summer months
Easy going environment
Caller (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJune 2, 2016
Laid back with flexible hours if you are going to school or have a second job.
Quiet environment
Fun place to work
Nice people
Ruffalo Cody offered a good positive friendly work environment
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIDecember 20, 2013
While working for Ruffalo Cody, I learned sectorial skills. I called alumni and raised money for our school. I raised over 7,000 dollars while I was there, half of which was on credit card. This experience has taught me how to work in a office and how to be professional over the phone.
Pros
This was a good work experience
Cons
The call center was only open for 12 hours out the week
Relaxed workplace that raised a lot of money for Ohio University.
Student Fundraiser/ Hiring & Training Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Athens, OHSeptember 25, 2012
It was a lot of fun to talk to alumni on the phone about their experiences and life after OU. I found it very rewarding to raise money for the university and be involved in helping the university grow. Hiring and training new callers was also a lot of fun as I instilled valuable techniques into them.
It's okay for a first time job
Fundraiser (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAApril 5, 2016
The pay is very small, but they are friendly, and they like to make sure things are done the right way. Can be a bit pushy for only paying you 8.00 an hour but it is comfortable to work in.
Pros
friendly
Cons
little pay, too pushy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ruffalo Noel Levitz. Our community is ready to answer.

Indeed Prime: Apply to 100 top tech companies with 1 application

100% free. Land your dream job and get $2k. Interested employers will reach out with salary and equity upfront.

Learn more about Indeed Prime