Ruffalo Noel Levitz Employee Reviews

Productive and Fun
Professional Fundraiser (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJOctober 18, 2017
It was a temporary on-campus job I temporarily held. Overall, the work is boring but the environment is great and the supervisors are helpful. I quit because I wanted to focus on internships that would advance my career.
Easy job to get, gets boring fast
Caller (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IASeptember 22, 2017
Call people who can be very rude sometimes. You call people to donate to their alma maters, as well as call high school students and their parents to see if they would be interested in going to the college.
Great Part-Time for University Students
Phonathon Caller (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 22, 2017
Working as a donations caller was a great way for me to gain work experience while also making some extra money. Great work environment and management was fair.
Pros
Pay for over-time working
nice place
Fundraising Representative (Former Employee) –  Greencastle, INSeptember 21, 2017
I was a student caller at the call center. I call alumni asking for donate. I work two shifts per week, each shift lasts 3.5 hours. This work is energy-consuming.
Ruffalo Noel Levitz
Fundraiser Representative (Call Center) (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IASeptember 18, 2017
This job is a perfect job for a college student or someone for there first job. It is very slow pace and can have long and boring days but it very simple to do. All you do is call people and give them surveys or ask for money.
Pros
Easy, Not Stressful
Cons
Boring, Long
Student Caller
Student Caller (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 14, 2017
Cubical set environment. Job detailed calling various alum in hopes of going donations for the school. Cubicle set environment in very close quarters.
dont work here
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IASeptember 10, 2017
I dont like this job i wouldnt recommend to no one. they run out of records often which means no hours. They mess up your check & make you wait until the next two weeks to get it.
awesome place to work
Student Fundraiser (Current Employee) –  Normal, ILSeptember 9, 2017
I really enjoy working at this company. The boss is excellent and your marketing skills will definitely be used.I suggest anyone looking to enhance their skills in sales should apply for this job.
Temporary or for college students who live in dorms only
USA Caller Associate (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALSeptember 5, 2017
This review will primarily focus on my experience working in the Jag hotline during the latter half of 2015.
The typical work day was a small bit of pep talk then straight to the phones. We worked for three hours begging alumni to subscribe or pay for services they did not want. After three hours, we all left to go home with a closing pep talk.
I learned that colleges will force students to do anything if they are paying for it.
The management was actually the best part. They recognized how tough the job was on students (most were dealing with angry or unhappy alumni and would often be treated poorly) and would actually help those students. They were nice, professional, and encouraging.
The workplace culture was mostly cubical in nature. You called. You talked. You hung up the phone. Most people did not talk or do much else; however, management in its attempt to make the workplace more enjoyable/spur competition would make a game out of the calls we would make. If a person got an alumnus to donate then they would have a turn at "Clue" or "Donation Race". Most of the results revolved around how much the person was able to get the alumnus to donate for.
The hardest part of the job was simply showing up. The three hours it would take to call could easily be spent doing homework or looking for another job. There was not a lot of incentive to work considering the amount of money that was being made per hour.
The most enjoyable part of the job was actually getting to know some of the alumni and students. They made the job both enjoyable and interesting. I even met alumni
  more... that I had spoken to on the phone at a South Alabama University football game that year.  less
Pros
Convenient, flexible, and not demading
Cons
Hours and pay
good
Student Caller (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXAugust 22, 2017
It was a good experience working with this company. They bosses were nice and explained the job well, and also provided coaching to make your sales pitch better.
Pros
great student jobs
Cons
low pay
Really boring and no change of pace.
Solicitor (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 18, 2017
Perhaps a low key job is something many look for, but it sucked being yelled at by prospects and the new script was incredibly confusing and hard to follow through with. The manager was great, best guy ever, but the supervisors were unprofessional and one would come high to work.
It's a college job
Fundraiser Trainer (Former Employee) –  Athens, OHAugust 17, 2017
It was a part-time college job. You call people and ask for money. It doesn't suck that bad, I had some fun, but it does nothing for your resume or experience unless you plan on working sales.
Friendly Workplace
Paid Solicitor (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJAugust 15, 2017
What I learned was how to build a rapport with Rutgers alumni and furthering their connection to the University. After building a rapport with the prospect we encouraged them to participate in leaving a legacy for the benefit of current Rutgers students.
N/a
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kent, OHAugust 12, 2017
I don't really want to do this. I didn't like asking people for money and then getting in trouble when I wouldn't do it 4 times even if the person had something awful just happen to them.
Poor.
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAAugust 3, 2017
They have shorten hours and times. 4 hour days instead 8 hour days. But it is good for some people. But if you like alot of hours. Not the job. They removed paid and unpaid days.
Fair to some extent
Telefundraiser (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJuly 21, 2017
Fair to some extent with rules and such of cell phone usage but if you have an emergency come up your not even allowed to take calls till break or the end of the shift even if your loved ones lives are in jeapordy
N/a
Professional Fundraiser (Current Employee) –  Charleston, ILJuly 14, 2017
good company and very good people i worked with. Hard raising money but when you did you felt accomplished. would work there again. Nice management and supervisor
Ruffalo Cody is a calling center that fundraises money collected from the alumni and flooded directly back into their schools!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Charleston, ILJuly 13, 2017
I loved this job and would really like to do something like this or maybe not like this but equally as rewarding and just as fun. I worked here in a calling center where we were contacting graduates in behalf of their alumni association and giving them several different options that they could pick from to make their donation to, which then takes care of the annual "dues" they have been debited.
fun workplace, great people
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Coralville, IAJuly 11, 2017
Working at Ruffalo was a great opportunity for me, find the place as family place that I was able even to talk about my emotion with co-workers. loved
Pros
Work environment
Cons
Healthcare options
Great College Job
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kent, OHJuly 10, 2017
Worked for RNl (formely Ruffalo-CODY) for the 4 years I was in college. The overall management at the company was exceptional. Great culture. Enjoyed interacting with alumni for the sake of institutional advancement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ruffalo Noel Levitz. Our community is ready to answer.