Rug Doctor Employee Reviews

long hours, poor compensation, no respect for employees,
asr (Current Employee) –  route workNovember 22, 2012
have to start at 5am or earlier have 7 to ten stores to service each day average stop takes a hour to do, average day is twelve hours, commision only pay overtime is figured by dividing the total commision for the week by the total hours worked then dividing that rate by two that is what you get paid for your overtime, stores have to be serviced period if you take a sick day you have to work that saturday to get the stores that where assigned for that day serviced. payed every two weeks. you get paid $30.00 a month to supply them with a cell phone for service calls from the stores and to communicate with the main office and with your district manager and for phone conference calls. you service from 170 to 200 stores on a two month cycle some stores have to be serviced every two weeks others monthly. poor benifits. terrible job.
Cons
long hours, poor overtime pay, supply them with cell phone, poor benifits
TOO much driving, very nit-picky atmosphere
Assigned service rep (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 1, 2013
I guess this job could be OK if you had a decent boss and were home most nights. I had to drive a route putting on over 1100 miles a week. Out of town hotel stays 3 days every week of the year. Pay never went up for 3 years. Boss became very hostile after he figured out that I figured out most of what he was demanding was total BS and called him on it. I showed dedication by working for them for 3 years but after no pay raises, I decided to pull the pin. Endless amounts of emails, phone calls every day. So much so it made completing the job hard to do. Very boring work cleaning same filthy machines every day, hitting the same stores over and over and over. No advancement at all. run far away!
Pros
work by yourself
Cons
everything i mentioned in the review.
Friendly work environment
Kiosk Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 8, 2016
A typical day working at Rug Doctor included answering customer calls, doing daily reports, and filling out call logs. I learned a lot about customer service and how to make situations easier for the customer. Everyone that worked there was very friendly and made me feel welcome. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was maintaining customer relationships as well as relationships with my co-workers.
Pros
Hour lunch break, two 15 minute breaks, friendly co-workers
Assistant to driver (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PADecember 3, 2014
A typical day work consisted of cleaning the machines, cleaning and filling the display rack, delivering cleaning product(s), loading the truck, and cleaning and organizing the warehouse. Management was OK. I loved working with my co-worker the driver. The hardest part of the job was the long days. The most enjoyable part of the job was the compensation and working with the driver.
Pros
good co-workers, a lot of overtime
Cons
long days
warehouse
Westside Personel Temp (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MOFebruary 8, 2016
I was unloading two trailers a day for Rug Doctor I got alone with all the employees I even got to train and get certified as a forklift driver
Fun and relaxed place to work
Marketing Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn park, MNNovember 28, 2011
Overall, Rug Doctor is a good company to work for, the company is a leader in its market. the compensation given by the company is standard in the industry and most people who work there have been there for at least 10yrs.
Pros
leader in industry
Cons
long work hours.
This company still has a small business mentality
Credit & Collections Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 8, 2014
The people are the ones that make this company. The people are very nice and family oriented.
Pros
great work place atmosphere
Cons
poor compensation
Not Organied
Supply Chain Demand Planner (Current Employee) –  St LouisFebruary 10, 2014
No proper guidance. People are very friendly. Work ethics needs to be improve
Pros
lot to learn about the job
Cons
401k, bonus are not there.
Road Warrior
District Merchandising Representative- New England (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXDecember 9, 2014
Route sales is not for everyone. The hours and travel are demanding but the freedom to work in multiple locations and interact with a diverse customer base has it's rewards.
The job included driving, merchandising, servicing equipment, invoicing and the restocking of stores and the vehicle.
Extra monies were earned through various contests and promotional activities.
My position took me to upper New York and all the New England states. At various times it was required to stay overnight but it was never a detriment to me.
not a lot of suppervision, had to be a self starter.
merchandiser (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TexasJanuary 3, 2012
Good job if you can lift heavy objects, travel alot, and work long hours. Did not pay well.
Pros
kept you moving with travel and hard work
Cons
long hours and not good pay
Fun Enviroment
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jessup MDMarch 27, 2015
Arrive on job scene ,Greet employee and upper management , check computer for any customer complaints or customer order check daily to do list and get the job done.

learned patient.

Co workers were very hard working and dedicated.

Satisfying my customers.
Route Sales
Route Sales (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MOJanuary 29, 2015
Great company home based enjoyed every minute. Drove 200 miles a s day serviced rental stations. Company truck good pay good work life balance
Pros
pay and freedom
Cons
miles driven
A day at Rug Doctor
Area Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Hudson Valley, NYNovember 17, 2013
A typical day at Rug Doctor would be to set up and maintain display racks at various supermarkets. Area Service Reps clean and maintain the rug machines and refill the chemical products on the racks and on the aisles as needed. The hardest part of the job is working with the receivers at the stores. Some receivers can have an attitude towards their vendors in general. The most enjoyable part of the job is the freedom to do the route as the Area Service Rep feels is best for that day.
very productive and fun
Installer (Former Employee) –  Arvada, COOctober 15, 2013
we would work as a team and make the job fun never any anamosity or hard feelings we always found the way to compleat the job and make the coustermer happy
Pros
advancement pay incress
Fast pace
Warehouse Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Uxbridge, MAMarch 11, 2015
Very fast pace day with always something to do. I learned critical coordination skills to ensure satellite warehouse were fully stocked & drivers had everything needed to complete their job at the highest level.
Credit Manager
Credit Manager (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXNovember 7, 2013
Credit Manager for manufacturing/distribution company of carpet cleaning equipment. Responsibilities included directing Credit/Collections, Accounts Receivable, Cash, and Collections operations for US operations, as well as our subsidiary candle company and a second international subsidiary ($155MM in annual sales
Challenging yet fun job
Receptionist/Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MOAugust 4, 2014
Working at the front desk was a great way to get to know almost all the employees and our clients. It was fast paced and hardly ever a dull moment. Working with the machines was challenging and enjoyable.
Route sales home based Loved my job
Home based route salesman (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MOJune 30, 2012
Great company pay good good product. great manager. drove 300 miles a day. 144 account sall over Illinois
Pros
freedom good pay
I enjoy work at Rug Doctor
electronic assembler (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MOJanuary 7, 2015
Everyday was different for me,because i like to learne more skills
boring work place
warehouse/factory (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MOSeptember 20, 2012
pretty much working in the factory or warehouse on rug doctor machines and building them and making sure they run properly