Rug Doctor Employee Reviews

Very independent job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kilgore, TXMay 19, 2017
This job was very independent in a sense as I had my work truck and a route that I had to run. This is a job where you get to get out and see new things everyday.
Poorly managed and over worked
Repair technician (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZMarch 4, 2017
The requirement to do 10 machines per day is excessive, Also less fathomable with the lack of inventory skills where we don't have parts to do machines properly. Low wages and lack of professionalism from staff deters motivation.
Treat Employees
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Yakima, WAJanuary 31, 2017
Employees are treated with respect. No question is wrong. It is answered with the utmost respect and honesty. Management & Supervisors are there for you when you need them to be.
75% of employees are great!
Manager (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXNovember 15, 2016
Lot of potential, needs better guidance from leadership. Too many Chiefs, not enough doers. Too many meetings, not enough decisions and rarely stick to plan.
lots of driving and long hours
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Paterson, NJNovember 4, 2016
A lot of driving in the city, but enjoyable and learned about city driving and navigation. Visited multiple doctor offices and labs daily picking up various specimens to delivery back to Bio Reference.
Pros
Became very familiar with navigating through NYC
Free spirit environment
Kiosk support (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXOctober 18, 2016
Great environment to work in. Awesome people to work with. Open schedule until midnight. Promotion potential within the organization. Love this place.
Review summary
Administative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MOFebruary 16, 2016
I worked for Rug Doctor for 32 years. Was a very fair company and very giving owners. They treated you like family. When big decisions were made,ie: where to relocate; they took in account of their long term employees.
Things changed when the owners wanted to retire and the company was sold to share holders. Employees became numbers and ceased being people. This I think really hurt the over all operations in their manufacturing facility. Morale sunk very low and has not been able to recover.
Pros
of the 32 years I was there people were treated fairly and as individuals
Cons
the owners sold and share holders took over.
warehouse
Westside Personel Temp (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MOFebruary 8, 2016
I was unloading two trailers a day for Rug Doctor I got alone with all the employees I even got to train and get certified as a forklift driver
Friendly work environment
Kiosk Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 8, 2016
A typical day working at Rug Doctor included answering customer calls, doing daily reports, and filling out call logs. I learned a lot about customer service and how to make situations easier for the customer. Everyone that worked there was very friendly and made me feel welcome. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was maintaining customer relationships as well as relationships with my co-workers.
Pros
Hour lunch break, two 15 minute breaks, friendly co-workers
Fun Enviroment
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jessup MDMarch 27, 2015
Arrive on job scene ,Greet employee and upper management , check computer for any customer complaints or customer order check daily to do list and get the job done.

learned patient.

Co workers were very hard working and dedicated.

Satisfying my customers.
Fast pace
Warehouse Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Uxbridge, MAMarch 11, 2015
Very fast pace day with always something to do. I learned critical coordination skills to ensure satellite warehouse were fully stocked & drivers had everything needed to complete their job at the highest level.
Route Sales
Route Sales (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MOJanuary 29, 2015
Great company home based enjoyed every minute. Drove 200 miles a s day serviced rental stations. Company truck good pay good work life balance
Pros
Pay and freedom
Cons
miles driven
I enjoy work at Rug Doctor
electronic assembler (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MOJanuary 7, 2015
Everyday was different for me,because i like to learne more skills
Road Warrior
District Merchandising Representative- New England (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXDecember 9, 2014
Route sales is not for everyone. The hours and travel are demanding but the freedom to work in multiple locations and interact with a diverse customer base has it's rewards.
The job included driving, merchandising, servicing equipment, invoicing and the restocking of stores and the vehicle.
Extra monies were earned through various contests and promotional activities.
My position took me to upper New York and all the New England states. At various times it was required to stay overnight but it was never a detriment to me.
Assistant to driver (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PADecember 3, 2014
A typical day work consisted of cleaning the machines, cleaning and filling the display rack, delivering cleaning product(s), loading the truck, and cleaning and organizing the warehouse. Management was OK. I loved working with my co-worker the driver. The hardest part of the job was the long days. The most enjoyable part of the job was the compensation and working with the driver.
Pros
Good co-workers, a lot of overtime
Cons
Long days
Challenging yet fun job
Receptionist/Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MOAugust 4, 2014
Working at the front desk was a great way to get to know almost all the employees and our clients. It was fast paced and hardly ever a dull moment. Working with the machines was challenging and enjoyable.
This company still has a small business mentality
Credit & Collections Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 8, 2014
The people are the ones that make this company. The people are very nice and family oriented.
Pros
Great work place atmosphere
Cons
poor compensation
Not Organied
Supply Chain Demand Planner (Current Employee) –  St LouisFebruary 10, 2014
No proper guidance. People are very friendly. Work ethics needs to be improve
Pros
Lot to learn about the job
Cons
401K, Bonus are not there.
A day at Rug Doctor
Area Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Hudson Valley, NYNovember 17, 2013
A typical day at Rug Doctor would be to set up and maintain display racks at various supermarkets. Area Service Reps clean and maintain the rug machines and refill the chemical products on the racks and on the aisles as needed. The hardest part of the job is working with the receivers at the stores. Some receivers can have an attitude towards their vendors in general. The most enjoyable part of the job is the freedom to do the route as the Area Service Rep feels is best for that day.
Credit Manager
Credit Manager (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXNovember 7, 2013
Credit Manager for manufacturing/distribution company of carpet cleaning equipment. Responsibilities included directing Credit/Collections, Accounts Receivable, Cash, and Collections operations for US operations, as well as our subsidiary candle company and a second international subsidiary ($155MM in annual sales