Running Aces Harness Park Employee Reviews in United States

Great place to work with great co-workers
Cook II (Former Employee) –  Columbus, MNJanuary 27, 2016
I really enjoyed my time at Running Aces and would consider going back if it weren't out of my living area. The major area they could improve is they need to acquire more staff.
Close working team environment
Corporate Officer & General Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, MNMay 10, 2015
Interactive staff successful in running a gaming business with hospitality amenities.
Enjoyed working with guests and team members.
Management team was top notch.
Pros
Fun Environment
Cons
No company contribution to 401K
fun with lots of good food and nice people
Cook/Prep (Current Employee) –  MNDecember 10, 2014
day at work clock in and then start by seeing what perp need to get done and talking to the shift before you.

i learned how to cook, knife skills, us and clean woks, flat tops, broils, ovens, deep fryers, and learned how to be a grate people person.

the management is grate they are good at helping and the are good with the open door where if there is a problem. they are there to talk to.

enjoyable part of my day is not working with co-workers but knowing im working next to some one i can trust and call a friend.
Pros
free lunch, people you get to meet, and make good friends
Cons
its hard to move up and get raises
Awesome team!!
cook (Current Employee) –  Columbus, MNMarch 16, 2015
Great team to work with
new challenges every day
new CEO is fantastic
high work load, fast paces work environment
Management changes lead to momentary heightened work load, but I am sure this will run smoother once established
Pay could be better
Kinda slow going
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Columbus, MNApril 27, 2014
Hard place to work, pay is awful, benefits are worse, management is a joke. I have been there for 6 months and I have began to search for a new job. I have never worked for such a disorganized company. There are no pay raises, Medical is awful. There is no chance for advancement, you are treated awfully by the management. I would skip over applying for Running Aces for any position you are written up if you are even 1 minute late.
Pros
the employees
Cons
bad management, no raises, no advancement
Horrible place of work! Do not apply!
Surveillance Operator (Former Employee) –  MNDecember 17, 2013
I dont even know where to start... management never gives any good criticism. Its like they are only looking for reasons to write you up and they will. Pay isnt that bad but there is no chance of advancement. The benefits are HORRIBLE. You might as well have no insurance at all. They offer a 401k but match nothing. They expect perfection and if you do the smallest thing wrong they dont let you know what your doing wrong, they just write u up and say fix it. Hr does not do anything whatsoever if you make a complaint so hopefully you don't get sexuality harassed. The only thing that make it bearable is ur fellow coworkers.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
everything else
Growing Company with decent atmosphere.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Columbus, MNNovember 29, 2013
This is a growing company that will take a long time to turn into a prospering well run company. They have much to improve upon if they want to keep their employees around.
Pros
friendly employees, easy work
Cons
no room for advancement, benefits are bad, minimal if any raises
Don't waste your time
Employee (Former Employee) –  Columbus, MNOctober 7, 2014
The only benefit of this job is your co workers. Upper management can't run the company well. Dead end job. Benefits are not good. Minimal advancement.
Pros
co workers
Cons
almost everything else
Running Aces
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Columbus, MNMay 14, 2014
I was a housekeeper at the casino. I cleaned the casino during every shift. The most enjoyable part of the job was being in the fun and energetic atmosphere.
Pros
very social job
Cons
not enough hours were given to me
It was OK, weird environment,
Boiler Operator/ Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, MNMarch 17, 2014
It was ok, but a lot of politics/ power grabbing, and not much about teamwork and not much in the way of taking care of interior customers.
Pros
free beverages
Good place to fill in the gaps
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Columbus, MNMay 31, 2012
I have been here for 1 year, the company is hard to advance through and is cheap with its money. The people there are nice and are fun to talk with.
Card club/casino enviroment
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Columbus, MNMay 17, 2012
The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with customers.
Be willing to work for nothing
Camera Operator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, MNApril 11, 2013
The biggest issue is that Running Aces will not pay you anywhere near what you are worth. They expect you to give up your entire summer for 30 bucks a night to drive all the way up to Columbus (And you can't get a night off).

The next issue is that you will NEVER get a pay raise, not even after being there five years. After my first year everyone actually took a 20% pay cut.
No one ever got a raise and no one ever got promoted even after five years.

You have to climb an outdoor slippery, dangerous 40-50ft ladder to get to the camera towers where there is no heat if it's cold and little relief from the heat in summer (they have little A/C units in them that can't keep up). The other issue with these towers is that during bad weather you have to stay 50ft in the air as tornados and lightning are happening all around you until they say you can leave, which is always way to late. (Yes, I've climbed down in pouring rain and tornados before, very slippery) Oh, yeah did I mention if the weather causes the races to get cancelled you get less hours, so you risked your life for 20 bucks.

Don't waste your time with this place.

The only reason to work a camera job here is if you have zero experience, but even then this experience will not help you in the real world.
Pros
can get hired even with zero experience
Cons
zero pay raises ever, can't get off time, have to climb dangerous ladders, expected to stay in 50 ft towers even with tornado warnings going off, lack of hours