Rural King Employee Reviews

Its a fun place to work.
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Ashland, KYAugust 17, 2017
It was nice, management was questionable at first. It was a good place to work. Advancement was easy as long as you worked hard. Definitely somewhere to go if you want to work up to management.
Pros
Fun place, good learning experience.
Ok
Loader/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Steubenville, OHAugust 16, 2017
They way they treat people are great and they really care about there employees. I loved everything about this place it's really fun to work at. I always enjoy working there.
Part time customer service manager
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Peru, ILAugust 15, 2017
While I was working at rural King I was a part time customer service manager. I really enjoyed working at the front end of the store. It was nice to be the first and last department that the customers would see.
good opportunities
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Henderson, KYAugust 14, 2017
Nice place to work . Good benefits. Opportunities for advancement. It has a nice country atmosphere. They promote within as well as external. People oriented.
Pros
employee discount
It's a job
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Angola, INAugust 12, 2017
Definitely apply. The managers can be....interesting. I am glad I left this job to seek a better starting level job. I do not miss my time working for rural king
Just beginning
Cashier (Current Employee) –  New Boston, OHAugust 11, 2017
It seems like it will be a good place to work. Dress code is fair. It seems like it will be an easy place to work with a group of good people. Hopefully this store will do good.
Pros
Close to where I live
Cons
Part time starting out
Fun to work
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Circleville, OHAugust 11, 2017
Work depends on your position and your coworkers. I got lucky and liked my position and my closer co workers. The job was pretty good for retail as long as your coworkers did their job.
Okay Place to Work...Except for Management
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Saint Clairsville, OHAugust 10, 2017
Staff is treated unfairly by management and forced to work in areas not designated to them. Managers rarely "work as a team" to help others. Yet, reprimand staff for not completing their work.
Other employees are friendly and some are knowledgeable about the area in which they work.
Pros
Discount, Variety of supplies/products
Cons
It was a friendly and clean place to work but downsized offten
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Niles, MIAugust 10, 2017
It was an pleasant place to work, customers were friendly.
we served free coffee and popcorn
we had return customers and some came in just for the popcorn
the employees were friendly
Pros
Regular customers
Cons
low pay
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Greenville, OHAugust 9, 2017
Very relaxed, customers were great, coworkers were great. Hardest part of job was probably being on your feet all day (what job isn't like that though?)
Productive place
Sales floor associate/cashier, stock shelves (Current Employee) –  Elyria, OHAugust 6, 2017
Some days are stressful and some days are good. Learned to work hard. Management is fair. Workplace culture is diverse. Hardest part of the job getting everything done. Do what you can do. Most enjoyable part is knowing you provided good customer service and worked hard.
Great job, unorganized management, mediocre pay.
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Springfield, OHAugust 5, 2017
Appreciate your employees more. Increase raises, it's annual, not twice a year. Give more opportunity to move up rather than hiring in. Prioritize your hard workers rather than the slackers.
Very unbalanced work force.
Acting Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Peru, ILAugust 4, 2017
I was not satisfied with the work balance or the honesty that was shown from management. After 3 yrs of service with this company I found it difficult to trust mgt or continue to do my job while finishing the job of others also.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Lazy mgt team that bred a lazy work force.
Productive and nice work enviroment.
Keyholder/Lead Of Clothing Dept. (Former Employee) –  Martinsville, INAugust 4, 2017
Absolutely loved my job and my co-workers, Thus my reasoning why I continued working all the way up to 1 week before my due date to have my Daughter..
Pros
Co-workers, friendly work-place, etc.
Cons
Not very much time on break.l
Floor Associate and Assist Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INAugust 1, 2017
I do not want to answer this question. I am not liable for others view on this company nor do I feel that this is in anyway important for this purpose.
Busy
Assistant mamanger (Current Employee) –  Waverly, OHJuly 30, 2017
Very busy always a lot of things changing it is a redneck Walmart I have worked theirs for a good bit of time and things are never the same you do things like load outs basic customer service and many other thins
Family of employees and fur paw customers
Apparel Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Marion, ILJuly 25, 2017
I love working at Rural King even for the short time I was there I felt like family. I got into a horse accident when i was there had my head busted open and a black eye i was out of work for 2 days for concussion purposes and i had my coworkers and boss calling making sure I was okay and asking if i needed anything. When i got back they tried to tell me you couldn't tell I had a black eye under all my make up and always checked on my through my shifts for the next week or so to make sure i wasn't light headed or needed a break. The work environment was great loyal customers, pet friendly so there was always furry friends coming in. It was a great job!
Pros
pet friendly, clean break room, friendly emloyees
Cons
not very organized
Not so great
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Front Royal, VAJuly 25, 2017
At first, they made it seem like working there would be awesome. The management sucks. Inside jobs are always happening there. It's always super busy.
Productive work place and friendly work place
Receiving Manager (Former Employee) –  Van Wert, OHJuly 19, 2017
I drove forklift unloaded and loaded semi's stacked and unstacked pallets. I had to put in all the invoices into computer. I was in charge of anything that was shipping and receiving
I want to change jobs to improve my pay
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Winchester, KYJuly 18, 2017
My work is extremely physical and my pay is only 8.00 per hour there is not enough help and no team work . I remain positive and so my best work everyday .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rural King. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6