Rural King

Rural King Employee Reviews

filthy store good people
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Evansville, INMay 23, 2015
Pros: co-workers
Cons: everything else
the only reason I have stayed this long is because I like my co-workers but the building should be closed for a week so it can be completely clean maybe a month
Friendly staff
Receiving Manager (Former Employee), New Philadelphia, OHApril 24, 2015
Rural King at the local level is a wonderful place to work. The corporate level is another story.The managers and staff are friendly and the work is pleasant. Great opportunity for promotion and some travel opportunity as well...
Physically demanding
Gun/Sporting Goods Department Manager (Former Employee), IndianaApril 16, 2015
Pros: customer interaction
Cons: low pay, bad management, little chance for advancement
Job can be physical. Management in store is lacking. Some with no retail or management experience. Most of long term coworkers are genuine and good people to work with.
Fun store with friendly customers
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Greensburg, INApril 8, 2015
Customers are the best part of the job. Hour lunches on longer shifts were nice and management is knowledgable and always willing to help.
Fast-Paced workplace
Assistant Manager/Keyholder (Current Employee), Clarksville, TNApril 7, 2015
A typical day at work is either coming in to open or coming in the afternoon and staying to close. When opening, I check and respond to all e-mails and phone messages, get all cashier's tills ready and set out any displays. I take a mid day deposit to the bank. When closing I count down all cashier tills and make a nightly deposit.
Stressfull and unappreciative
Customer service manager (Current Employee), Lebanon, OHMarch 17, 2015
Pros: Get to meet alot of people
Cons: unappreciative of work done
I give cashiers their registers when they come into work. Make sure all daily tasks are done. Assist cashiers with and problems with transactions, register or customers. Exchange large bills for change for cash drawers. Talk to customers when come into store and any issues they have encountered while shopping or when calling into store. Answer phones and direct to correct department or person they are calling for.
Okay for a first job
cashier/customer service (Current Employee), indianaMarch 11, 2015
A very fast paced job, and there is no such thing as a "slow" day.

I learned how to run a point of sale system.

The management is not always professional, but for the most part they're good.
Poorly Managed
Customer service (Former Employee), PlanoMarch 10, 2015
Job responsibilities were managing the front end of the store and customer service. Opened a new store, so the environment was faced paced.

However, it was poorly managed and under staffed.
Good part-time job
cashier (Current Employee), Madisonville, KYFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: easy to move up in the company.
Cons: hard work for little pay. high turnover.
A good place to work for a first time retail job for younger people. You can make new friends easily. A typical day is hectic and tiring. The management needs to be kinder and more understanding.
it was fun n different place n area.
Cashier (Former Employee), Owensboro, KYFebruary 11, 2015
my coworkers trained me alot of new stuff of how to help the patients there.
I learned alot about my coworkers and patients.
,u boss was awesome n funny.
i helped my patients with everything that they needed help with.
You will build friendships and learn more about the company
Department Manager (Former Employee), Shelbyville, KYFebruary 11, 2015
Your basic typical day of work like working in any other retail store is doing assignments assigned by your supervisor. Its important to know about any new products in the store and discounts.
productive workplace
Part-Time Employee (Former Employee), Mount Carmel, ILFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: it helped hoan my skills in dealing with the public
Cons: lazy co-workers
A typical day at Rural King had a lot to do with customer service. Whether it be loading feed in their vehicle for them or showing them where a certain product was in the store. My co-workers could be difficult to work with at times, but it was really no big deal because you could get through the day with little to no direct contact, and still complete all of your expected tasks. Dealing with customers was my favorite part of that job because with my agricultural background, I could not only show them where things in the store were at, but I also had knowledge of a lot of the products we sold (it being a rural farm store).
productive, fast paced!
Clothing processor (Former Employee), decatur,inFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: working by myself
Cons: no praise in the work environment
what I did on a typical day was put security devices on clothing, boots, and high end tools. I learned a lot at rural king considering it was my first retail job and I learned mostly everything on my own with little training. well management never stayed around so I had a lot of different changes in management and only few really knew their jobs. my co workers were like family and we all bonded well and not one person ever felt unaccepted. the hardest part of my job was working in the awful temps. the most enjoyable part of my job was actually the elderly that worked along side with me and they sure did teach me a lot.
Retail at its finest
o Department manager (Current Employee), Bloomington INJanuary 26, 2015
I have worked in Retail for 7 years now and I have found that this company is the same as every other company. I have found that even though most companies that say they promote within that is rarely the case. It is next to impossible to do in a store such as the current one that I am employed at.
get to work with planes
Farm,Department Head and Emergency Key Holder (Current Employee), Murphysboro, 62966January 20, 2015
Pros: lots of down time, coffee breaks
Cons: not well compesated
load and unload planes, wave them in to terminal, push them out to depart. de-ice in icy or snow conditions. lots of down time between planes.
Productive work place
Customer Service Manager & Head Cashier (Current Employee), Coshocton, OHJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: i get to make people smile & laugh everyday.
Cons: way to much stress at the service desk
I work at the service desk as a customer service manager. I do returns, answer the phone, wait on customers, & keep the popcorn machine going all day. It is sometimes very stressful & a lot of multitasking at the service desk. Plus doing extra projects that department managers need for you to do & management needs done to. I am ready for a more slow pace job. I do enjoy my job. Some of my cashiers are just lazy & don't want to do their job. The company will not pay us any overtime. I feel like the management does not respect us up front at all. Everything that I do in a day I don't even get a thank you. I have not missed a day of work & I have never been late to work & I have gotten nothing.
Clerk (Former Employee), Saint Clairsville, OHJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: even hours
Cons: standing for long periods of time
Cashing people out.
discounts and percentage
management is good
other co workers are helpful
working discount and percentage
easy to do
very productive, but bad management
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Lake Wales, FLDecember 1, 2014
At Rural King, there was always something to be done. Most the day was re-organizing shelves and providing the needs of customers. Some days, all departments needed to receive their inventory. The days I have been with Rural King, I have learned the ways of retail. Working with customers have been truly a fun-filled experience. Interacting with my co- workers and customers have influenced me tremendously in my life. The hardest part of this job was the dis-organization in the management department. What I enjoyed most was to help the customers in what they needed. I loved the social interaction with country folks.
People are great!
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Frankfort, INNovember 19, 2014
Pros: hour lunch
Cons: constantly moving schedule
A great place for learning and advancement. It's a rapidly growing company with lot's of opportunities of relocation. Pay is not excellent, but, you do get bonuses on a monthly bases.
Rural King
Inventory Clerk/ Fork Lift Driver/ Stocking (Former Employee), Decatur, IllinoisNovember 18, 2014
This is an environment that in my opinion you will do much more work then the pay you will receive entry level. You can learn some great skills such as fork lift driving, inventory management, and department management. I would recommend this job for young adults looking to gain entry level employment and some good trade skills.

1 2 3 4 5