Rural King Employee Reviews

Good job
Head Cashier (Former Employee), Fremont, OhioAugust 26, 2015
I started working this job and the hours were very nice. Although I couldn't get by with just this job, I had to get a second job which was Grate's Silvertop. I can't complain about the companions I met and the friends that I have made.
Summer Job
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee), Martin, TNAugust 26, 2015
I liked the atmosphere in which I worked here. I worked with a number of football teammates so going to work was worthwhile. Typical days at work included stocking shelves and assisting customers loading products.
sAll roud good place
Cashier (Former Employee), Madisonville, KYAugust 25, 2015
The days at Rural King. Chock in at the time my shift started.. Cooe \\unt the teil before I walk to front with manger for the day. Then when I got to the restger I was assign to for the day. II also help answer the phone. Then, there was day that I work in clotheing and housewares. of night count the tiel at the end of night. Walk around the shore at closeing time. Clock out for the day.
Good workplace
Receiving Manager (Current Employee), Fort Wayne, INAugust 25, 2015
Pros: travel expenses are paid in a timely manner
This is a great place to work. The staff is friendly and supportive. The management team does a good job at scheduling to meet your family needs. The benefits are great and affordable. The employee discount is pretty good too.
A Day at Rural King
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee), Niles, MIAugust 7, 2015
Pros: I know what to expect when I first walk in the door, There is typically always something that can be done, I work with nice people, I appreciate the customers and they appreciate my hard work
Cons: The managers may not be on the same page and ask me to do conflicting tasks, At times, management does not know how to perform the tasks they have given to me, and I must "figure it out" if both parties are unsure, each manager has a different set of rules
When I first arrive, I know my first job is always unloading batteries. When my first task is finished, I find a manager, and am giving instructions on what needs to be done. Depending on the task, I work as a team with co-workers, or I may be on my own through out day. The manager on duty will come and check the work. I then am in charge of the firearms department while those employees take breaks, lunches, or what ever is needed. I end my day my zoning and sweeping my departments and performing any other tasks assigned to me by the manager on duty.
Just a place to work
Sales (Current Employee), Parkersburg, WVAugust 5, 2015
Thought I would be able to move to full time position but there are co-workers still waiting for same thing that have been there longer.
It si a good company, but at store level has it is like watching children. They could not keep a store manager at the store I was at.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Paducah, KYAugust 4, 2015
I would not recommend the store the Paducah, KY. store to any management. That said the company is a good company. The CEO is a very good person and cares about the empolyees. it was just to much high school drama.
Treats employees badly
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee), Mattoon, ILAugust 3, 2015
Cons: one 15 min break for a 10 hour shift
Does not work with any schedules at all. Bad management. On 10 hour days,5 days a week plus work almost every saturday. Leaving almost no time for sleep and family time. Does not pay adequate wages.
The RK way
Department Manager - Fire-Arms (Current Employee), Decatur, INJuly 23, 2015
Pros: i have an hour lunch and daily variety of needs i am to meet
Cons: low pay, no advancement, and allergic to some of the product in the workplace
On an average day my schedule varies. I work the gun counter in the mornings. At the counter i file papers, manage inventory, 4473's, special requests,policy's and maintenance of the firearm sales area. after my lunch break i am usually assigned on the floor. here I find myself helping customers, running register, loading customer goods, plan-o-grams, animal care and any other unique needs of my job.
Friendly co workers, unknowledgable staff
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Terr HauteJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Coworkers, hours
Cons: pay, benefits
customer service/sales., stocking shelves, inventory..team work...too many micro managers...coworkers were ...the challenge of making a sale...
productive and fun place to work
Loader (Former Employee), Mattoon, ILJuly 13, 2015
Pros: i was able to work a lot of overtime
Cons: no job security
other than not having a job through them anymore because of lay offs, it was one of the best places I have worked for! I would like to go back in the near future.
Productive workplace with excellent customer service
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Kendallville, INJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Always busy, Good pay
Cons: Not enough staff at times
Rural King in Kendallville has the best customer service compared to any other store in the area. They excel at making sure that shelves are stocked and the inventory keeps flowing in.
the worst place i have ever worked
Co-Manager (Former Employee), Evansville, INJuly 6, 2015
Pros: none to think of
Cons: poor leadership
The management team, store manager and region manager had very poor people skills. They would raise there voice at associates and curse as well. It was not a job you would look forward to showing up for.
Retail with a farming twist, can be very entertaining.
Co-Manager (Current Employee), Lafayette, INJuly 2, 2015
Overall this company is a very good company to work for. The only down side is that it is a rural company and not always close to home. Wide variety of products, amazing growth potential, and the ability to advance.
good people and excellant team work
Department Manager (Former Employee), Crystal River, FLJune 29, 2015
Pros: teamwork
Cons: limited personnel
Busy unloading trucks, great teamwork, good co-workers. Family oriented. Employees helping each other. going out of the way to make a difference with customers.
Rural King
HR Manager (Current Employee), Owensboro KyJune 28, 2015
Learning new tasks daily, Growing company with advancements.
Co-workers are hard working. Typical day for me is doing my office work and helping co-workers out
cashier
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee), Evansville IndianaJune 27, 2015
Pros: a lot of friendly customers
Cons: people would use my register when they were not suppose to.
I would ring up merchandise and handle money. I would help customers when needed. I would rotate and stock merchandise. My co-workers and managers were very nice to me.
I really enjoyed working here, managment and co-workers were great.
Customer Service/Sales (Former Employee), Waterloo, ILJune 10, 2015
My typical work day started at 7 am opening the store/registers with my manager. All of my managers were amazing and we got along really well. My co-workers and I got along as well and worked great together, we were always able to get the required work done early or on time. The hardest part of the job was learning the hardware and farm equipment. The most enjoyable part of my job was the customers that would come in.
Corporate is a joke!
Asst. Manager (Former Employee), Fremont, OHJune 9, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Health Insurence stinks, Upper Management stinks, Salary is horrible with this company
From the Regional manager on up, the company is a joke!! more store manager, regional manager, and vice president changes in my 8 month span than I had with my previous employer in 7 years. The top people think that you can run every store the way they do in Southern Illinois. Not every location is going to have the same growth in the same areas. What I mean by that is, sure food, pet food, and apparel will be similar, as well as seasonal. Outside of that, different locations are going to sell the rest of the store differently.
Great Work Environment
Cashier (Former Employee), Crystal River, FLMay 28, 2015
Working at Rural King was amazing it just didn't fit into my schedule while I was finishing High School. I learned several techniques when it comes to talking to people and how to correctly perform the duties of a cashier.