Rural King

Rural King Employee Reviews

Retail with a farming twist, can be very entertaining.
Co-Manager (Current Employee), Lafayette, INJuly 2, 2015
Overall this company is a very good company to work for. The only down side is that it is a rural company and not always close to home. Wide variety of products, amazing growth potential, and the ability to advance.
good people and excellant team work
Department Manager (Former Employee), Crystal River, FLJune 29, 2015
Pros: teamwork
Cons: limited personnel
Busy unloading trucks, great teamwork, good co-workers. Family oriented. Employees helping each other. going out of the way to make a difference with customers.
Rural King
HR Manager (Current Employee), Owensboro KyJune 28, 2015
Learning new tasks daily, Growing company with advancements.
Co-workers are hard working. Typical day for me is doing my office work and helping co-workers out
cashier
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee), Evansville IndianaJune 27, 2015
Pros: a lot of friendly customers
Cons: people would use my register when they were not suppose to.
I would ring up merchandise and handle money. I would help customers when needed. I would rotate and stock merchandise. My co-workers and managers were very nice to me.
I really enjoyed working here, managment and co-workers were great.
Customer Service/Sales (Former Employee), Waterloo, ILJune 10, 2015
My typical work day started at 7 am opening the store/registers with my manager. All of my managers were amazing and we got along really well. My co-workers and I got along as well and worked great together, – more... we were always able to get the required work done early or on time. The hardest part of the job was learning the hardware and farm equipment. The most enjoyable part of my job was the customers that would come in. – less
Corporate is a joke!
Asst. Manager (Former Employee), Fremont, OHJune 9, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Health Insurence stinks, Upper Management stinks, Salary is horrible with this company
From the Regional manager on up, the company is a joke!! more store manager, regional manager, and vice president changes in my 8 month span than I had with my previous employer in 7 years. The top people – more... think that you can run every store the way they do in Southern Illinois. Not every location is going to have the same growth in the same areas. What I mean by that is, sure food, pet food, and apparel will be similar, as well as seasonal. Outside of that, different locations are going to sell the rest of the store differently. – less
Great Work Environment
Cashier (Former Employee), Crystal River, FLMay 28, 2015
Working at Rural King was amazing it just didn't fit into my schedule while I was finishing High School. I learned several techniques when it comes to talking to people and how to correctly perform the duties of a cashier.
filthy store good people
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Evansville, INMay 23, 2015
Pros: co-workers
Cons: everything else
the only reason I have stayed this long is because I like my co-workers but the building should be closed for a week so it can be completely clean maybe a month
Friendly staff
Receiving Manager (Former Employee), New Philadelphia, OHApril 24, 2015
Rural King at the local level is a wonderful place to work. The corporate level is another story.The managers and staff are friendly and the work is pleasant. Great opportunity for promotion and some travel opportunity as well...
Physically demanding
Gun/Sporting Goods Department Manager (Former Employee), IndianaApril 16, 2015
Pros: customer interaction
Cons: low pay, bad management, little chance for advancement
Job can be physical. Management in store is lacking. Some with no retail or management experience. Most of long term coworkers are genuine and good people to work with.
Fun store with friendly customers
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Greensburg, INApril 8, 2015
Customers are the best part of the job. Hour lunches on longer shifts were nice and management is knowledgable and always willing to help.
Fast-Paced workplace
Assistant Manager/Keyholder (Current Employee), Clarksville, TNApril 7, 2015
A typical day at work is either coming in to open or coming in the afternoon and staying to close. When opening, I check and respond to all e-mails and phone messages, get all cashier's tills ready and set out any displays. I take a mid day deposit to the bank. When closing I count down all cashier tills and make a nightly deposit.
Stressfull and unappreciative
Customer service manager (Current Employee), Lebanon, OHMarch 17, 2015
Pros: Get to meet alot of people
Cons: unappreciative of work done
I give cashiers their registers when they come into work. Make sure all daily tasks are done. Assist cashiers with and problems with transactions, register or customers. Exchange large bills for change – more... for cash drawers. Talk to customers when come into store and any issues they have encountered while shopping or when calling into store. Answer phones and direct to correct department or person they are calling for. – less
Okay for a first job
cashier/customer service (Current Employee), indianaMarch 11, 2015
A very fast paced job, and there is no such thing as a "slow" day.

I learned how to run a point of sale system.

The management is not always professional, but for the most part they're good.
Poorly Managed
Customer service (Former Employee), PlanoMarch 10, 2015
Job responsibilities were managing the front end of the store and customer service. Opened a new store, so the environment was faced paced.

However, it was poorly managed and under staffed.
Good part-time job
cashier (Current Employee), Madisonville, KYFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: easy to move up in the company.
Cons: hard work for little pay. high turnover.
A good place to work for a first time retail job for younger people. You can make new friends easily. A typical day is hectic and tiring. The management needs to be kinder and more understanding.
it was fun n different place n area.
Cashier (Former Employee), Owensboro, KYFebruary 11, 2015
my coworkers trained me alot of new stuff of how to help the patients there.
I learned alot about my coworkers and patients.
,u boss was awesome n funny.
i helped my patients with everything that they needed help with.
You will build friendships and learn more about the company
Department Manager (Former Employee), Shelbyville, KYFebruary 11, 2015
Your basic typical day of work like working in any other retail store is doing assignments assigned by your supervisor. Its important to know about any new products in the store and discounts.
productive workplace
Part-Time Employee (Former Employee), Mount Carmel, ILFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: it helped hoan my skills in dealing with the public
Cons: lazy co-workers
A typical day at Rural King had a lot to do with customer service. Whether it be loading feed in their vehicle for them or showing them where a certain product was in the store. My co-workers could be – more... difficult to work with at times, but it was really no big deal because you could get through the day with little to no direct contact, and still complete all of your expected tasks. Dealing with customers was my favorite part of that job because with my agricultural background, I could not only show them where things in the store were at, but I also had knowledge of a lot of the products we sold (it being a rural farm store). – less
productive, fast paced!
Clothing processor (Former Employee), decatur,inFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: working by myself
Cons: no praise in the work environment
what I did on a typical day was put security devices on clothing, boots, and high end tools. I learned a lot at rural king considering it was my first retail job and I learned mostly everything on my own – more... with little training. well management never stayed around so I had a lot of different changes in management and only few really knew their jobs. my co workers were like family and we all bonded well and not one person ever felt unaccepted. the hardest part of my job was working in the awful temps. the most enjoyable part of my job was actually the elderly that worked along side with me and they sure did teach me a lot. – less

1 2 3 4 5