Rural King Employee Reviews

my job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bedford, INSeptember 16, 2017
i start my day i see the manager. what i do i stock and cleaning in the pets and live feed. i have been working with a radio since they took it away from workers they have great management. the culture is great they give me a lot of discount the people are so nice from there so when the people of the work could get more hours
Pros
discount
Awesome place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Zephyrhills, FLSeptember 13, 2017
I love working here! The company is great and honestly cares about their staff. The managers are awesome and they do whatever they can to make you feel comfortable including work with your availability. I would recommend this job to anyone and everyone!
Pros
Management cares about staff!
Cons
Lack of hours
Good learning
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Waverly, OHSeptember 10, 2017
They where a good company to work for other then the hours where so differently you never new when you worked the administrative coordinator cut time for you they only let you work 39 hours because they didn't allow over time
Pros
The discount the people
Cons
Assistant managers waked to much didn't get involved
Slidfjfjjdkdjc
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  IllinoisSeptember 8, 2017
Lots of opportunities at rural king, but the pay sucks compared to other retail stores for the amount of work and responsibilities. Other than that everything is okay.
enjoyable and friendly
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Henderson, KYSeptember 8, 2017
This job taught me a lot about farm equipment and the care of farm animals. I loved planting season, all of the plants and trees we had to choose from was beautiful and fruitful.
Pros
loved being outside during the summer
Cons
manager at the time wouldn't work with you if something changed, and you were no longer able to work weekends.
its an intresting place to work
Feed Dept Manager/ Night shift manager (Current Employee) –  Huber Heights, OHSeptember 8, 2017
it gets stressful as all retail does, new policies arebeing put into place daily so it gets really confusing at times. the customers though are the best, and they make the day go by really fast and can make the day really enjoyable
Pros
discount
Cons
no overtime
Nice work environment
Cashier/Clerk/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Huber Heights, OHSeptember 6, 2017
Enjoyed my employment with RK. Left to have my first child but would go back if the hours would fit my school schedule. Slow paced, relaxed atmosphere.
Management is a bunch of uneducated bullies
Associate (Former Employee) –  Marysville, OHSeptember 4, 2017
I was promised training upon hiring and never received it. I was the only employee within my department. No one restocked when I was off, and I got reprimanded by my manager all the time because of this. Customers constantly complain to me because many products are never in stock. The store is a mess. I was constantly harassed by the store manager. I was not permitted to speak to my co-workers or customers. Management constantly gossips about employees with other employees. I was not being paid the salary I was promised upon hiring. Absolutely the worst place to work.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Gossip, management, wages
Fast pace
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Connellsville, PASeptember 4, 2017
The company is decent there is a HUGE lack of communication and people that actually want to work which makes things very difficult and stressful. There is absolutely no motivation between workers.
College student
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, INSeptember 4, 2017
I was a college student while I worked for Rural King Part-time. They were flexible with my class schedule but I never planned on working there after graduation. I would recommend it as a temp job but i'm unsure about long-term employment and benefits.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
required weekend hours
Wonderful place to work.
Cashier/Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INSeptember 4, 2017
Rural King was the place that I realized I love where there is customers. I liked working at place that was busy and it wasn't the same every day. Just the pay and hours aren't the best.
productive
Department Head (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INSeptember 1, 2017
rural king was a fun work place for me due to the animals and some of the mangers who worked for rural king also the staff was delightful to work for as well.
Good First time job
Loader (Former Employee) –  Xenia, OHAugust 29, 2017
It was a good first time job, management sucks, no raises, no benefits, low hours i would not recommend anyone to work at rural king they suck, the store manager is racist.
Pros
Cons
low hours, horrible pay, poor management
Steady retail work with a supportive staff.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Martinsville, INAugust 28, 2017
Working at Rural King was certainly my best experience working as a cashier. The management was friendly and very understanding whenever it came to mistakes and call-ins.
Pros
Friendly staff; Navigable Point-of-Sale
Cons
Dirty restrooms
An OK first job.
Loader (Former Employee) –  Farmington MOAugust 28, 2017
Although I no longer am employed by this company, for missing 1 too many days, I can say that it was a fast paced, interesting experience overall (at least with my
job). The "Loader's Ticket" implementation made it a more friendly-competitive like environmen, especially on busy weekends. Tip: If you plan to work at Rural King, it is best that you walk around the store to learn where things are so you don't get slowed down too much during work hours.
Pros
$0.25 per loader ticket.
Too many chiefs not enough indians
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Coshocton, OHAugust 27, 2017
Worst management ever! They call names, cuss you, make up lies even when you have the proof just because you stand up for yourself and won't tolerate being treated like a dog!
Pros
co-workers
Cons
management
nothing great
Loader (Former Employee) –  Jasper, INAugust 25, 2017
its stressful, I didn't learn anything that I already knew, half the managers had a lot of favoritizem and let them stay in break room and do absolutely nothing, its not a hard job the hardest thing I would think is the unloading and moving the items around.
Pros
no free lunchs
Cons
10 min break and hardly ever got a lunch break
Flexible workplace with understanding management
Pets Dept. Manager - Keep Dept (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, INAugust 24, 2017
Fast paced working environment with constant customer assistance. Management was understanding and helpful for the most part. I got to work with humble people that I became good friends with.
Stressful Work Environment
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Collinsville, ILAugust 22, 2017
As far as customer service jobs go, this one is average. The only thing is the coworkers are horrible. They're hateful, spiteful, and unhelpful not only to other coworkers, but to customers. I've never worked in such a toxic work environment and hope never to again.
Pros
good employee benefits
Cons
Coworkers' attitudes
Horrible
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Henderson, KYAugust 19, 2017
The management is absolutely horrible.
Sanitation is disgusting... they expect you to clean their coffee pots in the bathroom sink with NO SOAP or cleaning supply's , just simply rinse it out.
Pros
15% discount
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rural King. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6