Rural King

Rural King Employer Reviews

very productive, but bad management
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Lake Wales, FLDecember 1, 2014
At Rural King, there was always something to be done. Most the day was re-organizing shelves and providing the needs of customers. Some days, all departments needed to receive their inventory. The days I have been with Rural King, I have learned the ways of retail. Working with customers have been truly a fun-filled experience. Interacting with my co- – more... workers and customers have influenced me tremendously in my life. The hardest part of this job was the dis-organization in the management department. What I enjoyed most was to help the customers in what they needed. I loved the social interaction with country folks. – less
People are great!
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Frankfort, INNovember 19, 2014
Pros: hour lunch
Cons: constantly moving schedule
A great place for learning and advancement. It's a rapidly growing company with lot's of opportunities of relocation. Pay is not excellent, but, you do get bonuses on a monthly bases.
Rural King
Inventory Clerk/ Fork Lift Driver/ Stocking (Former Employee), Decatur, IllinoisNovember 18, 2014
This is an environment that in my opinion you will do much more work then the pay you will receive entry level. You can learn some great skills such as fork lift driving, inventory management, and department management. I would recommend this job for young adults looking to gain entry level employment and some good trade skills.
Retail with very tough work conditions
Customer Service/Sales (Current Employee), Wentzville, MONovember 11, 2014
Selling firearms,learned all aspects of firearms sales,my coworkers are easy to work with,management short staffs store which adds to already stressful job,meeting customers needs.
Horrible
Seasonal Help (Former Employee), Spring Hill, FLNovember 11, 2014
Horrible management & customer service !
Good company, but the people they hire should know more about the store !
store family
Assistant manager (Former Employee), Peru, ILNovember 10, 2014
Pros: open for ideas
Toured with store man,. met with associates and talked about what needed to be done for the shift assigned tasks and talked about other isuies concerning the store,and went over sales and individual departments. once we brake up from our meeting check e mail for any direction and start going around checking progree on tasks and help out as I can,visiting – more... with each associate. – less
Bad Management
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Lake Wales, FLNovember 6, 2014
Pros: its a job
Cons: worst managment
Regular retail work, most management were either fired or demoted, ok coworkers, hardest part was trying to finish a job because many mangers told you how to do one job 20 different ways, most enjoyable part was interacting with customers.
Horrible place to work. Wants you to devote all your time to them.
Network Administrator (Former Employee), Mattoon, ILNovember 5, 2014
Pros: none.
Cons: long hours, wage theft, no family time, stores open on thanksgiving
I worked as a Network Administrator in the "IT" department. The "IT" management knows nothing about how networks work and thinks the "IT" staff should work around the clock and not have time with their families.
While there, I along with the rest of the IT staff were purposely mis-classified as Salary "Exempt" so we would work well over 50 hours a week – more... for one flat pay rate, take home a laptop and "pager phone", where 70+ stores have that one pager number to call after hours and not be paid for taking calls during off time. It was brought to the attention of the corporate management that IT support staff didn't meet the criteria the salary-exempt, and Rural King hired a hot-shot law firm that came in and conducted an audit, and those lawyers confirmed that Rural King was mis-classifying several employees as salary-exempt. Mostly those that need to work long hours.
The Department of Labor also did an audit and ruled in favor of the employees being chiseled out of overtime and back overtime pay shall be compensated. Rural King is trying to wiggle out of paying the back pay.
I don't recommend working here. – less
Do not apply unless you're a work horse and don't mind getting small pay and no breaks!
Sales (Former Employee), Jeffersonville, INOctober 25, 2014
Pros: absolutely no pros to this job
Cons: almost no breaks, dehydration, little pay, too much work, will be the only person in your department all day
This place is so under staffed that they'll have you doing 3+ people's work, which gives you no time to do anything or get anything done. At the end of the day, you get comments for not doing your work despite all the work you actually did. You have no access to anything to drink unless you go to the bathroom, and they don't even want you doing that. – more... Avoid if you have a small bladder! You get "one" 10 min break in the span of 5 hours, which is honestly not even worth it.

While the staff is nice to your face, you constantly hear them talking behind each other's backs. They're constantly asking you to cover other departments because they virtually have no one working there. So if you work in pet food, you have to also take care of the human food department and the clothing department. For 8$ an hour, it's not worth even doing your OWN department.

Even though they have janitors, they make you do all the cleaning. You're constantly expected to sweep every inch of your department every hour and do random spot sweeps in between. When you're the only person in your department, this makes it difficult to keep on top of your work and take care of customers.

They'll tell you they're not hiring full time, but when there is literally no one working there, how do they not have room for full time workers? They're quick to tell you they've fired over 50 people that year alone during your interview too. [Stealing, being too lazy, not calling in, etc] So run for the doors. Even if you are desperate for a job, do NOT work here. You'll be over worked and dehydrated in less than a week of working here. – less
liked job very well
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Murphysboro, ILOctober 22, 2014
Pros: excellent hours
Cons: management human resources
Please can tell you more in interview, resume, application
Florida Stores are Horrible! Terrible Management stay away!
Cashier (Former Employee), FloridaOctober 13, 2014
Pros: its a job
Cons: horrible company ( florida stores)
The stores in Florida are horrible high turnover poor management esp the Spring Hill store. Your better off working at Walmart. The management down here breaks policy on a regular basis and there's a Boy's club culture. If you have to work here get six months experience and leave asap. Best of luck to all.
Is a retail job
Receiving Manager (Former Employee), Norwalk, OHOctober 7, 2014
Cons: heavy lifting, more then was told
Job was a retail job with a lot of duties added later. Was not informed of some duties until after hiring
Horrible store manager but enjoyed my department work
Farm Department Manger (Former Employee), fort wayne, indianaOctober 7, 2014
Pros: hour break, employee discount
Cons: horrible manager, unorganized, no respect for employees
I'd rather not write about this place. I would not work for this manager ever again and the human resource did not do his job. There has been harassment from the store manager to his employees. Unorganized and has a huge turn over number. People walk out not even a month into their jobs there.
Simple job
Cashier/Floor Member (Former Employee), Waterloo, ILOctober 3, 2014
Pros: simple job
Cons: management was rough
Stocked shelves and assisted customers when needed. Cleaned up store and maintained a store that was easy to shop at. Management was a little rough though. Always hard to make them happy.
Do not apply to this company very bad
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Plano, ILOctober 1, 2014
Pros: there are non do not applie
Cons: bad pay, hard hard work, stress, no help, general manager are bad, training is a joke
This company breaks all kinds of emloyement laws they do what they want. They will keep people who break there own rules you have the V.P that are husband and wife. You have management sleeping with associates and living with them. Its all family ran at there corporate office. Raises are very bad except 10 cents to 25 if you are salarly except 400 dollar – more... raise a year maybe 1000 you will work 50 hours plus not have any help in the store. You will work freight,run a cash regester plus your depts. run out guns and so much more you do not ge to manage you are and over paid associate. – less
Its a good job for a student that's in school.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Vandalia, ILSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: we get two 10 min. breaks
Helping customers with what they need and doing a job right. If a customer asks me a question that I don't know then I ask someone that would and I remember it. If we have a problem with a customer we call for a manager. The co-workers are easy to get along with. Hardest thing do deal with is customers that don't get their way and start throwing a fit – more... so we call for a manager. Most enjoyable part of my job is friends/ co-workers and staying busy. – less
Strong job culture
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee), Spring Hill, FLSeptember 25, 2014
Good company to work for has great perks for managerial associates.
fun friendly work enviornment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Lebanon, OHSeptember 16, 2014
great group of people, very organized and great customers. management very good, no position overfilled and none are underfilled.
Fun work environment and an enterjetic place to work
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee), Rantoul, ILSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: people, co-workers, management
Cons: not enough hours, 30+ minute drive
My normal day is for me is coming into work about 10 minutes early and visiting co-workers until I clock in. Once I get clocked in i count my register to make sure I have to correct amount of money to start my shirt. While attending to coustmers I also have to answer phone calls and make popcorn. The hardest part would be not being able to leave my – more... register and just standing all day. Yet the most enjoyable part is dealing with all the different people that come through my line all day. – less
Ehh.
Cashier (Former Employee), Wentzville, MOSeptember 10, 2014
Would do if your in need of something fast. All cashiers do is basically stand there all day long. Boring but the co-workers and management werent to bad.

1 2 3 4 5