Rural King Employee Reviews

Farm and Everyday items
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVJanuary 17, 2017
I clock in, count down my drawer, greet people, wait on people, I answer phone calls, stock and clean around my register, etc
most rude managers I've ever had to work with
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kokomo, INJanuary 3, 2017
A typical day at work was fun with most of my co-workers but not when the managers would stand up there and criticize our every move. The managers were so rude and had favorites they didn't care about health problems or school.
Pros
free popcorn
Cons
managers
Loved the employees
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHDecember 31, 2016
The store manager and district manager did not have a structured training program for company. Every store did things differently and that created chaos.
Pros
customers
Cons
upper management
Great Company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INDecember 30, 2016
I do believe that this company does not pay their employees enough to take on the daily responsibilities that they are required to do.

I personally loved working in the farm type environment.
Sad state of affairs.
employee (Current Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INDecember 30, 2016
Over all. No I would not recommend anyone go work at the Jeffersonville Indiana store. Most employees are mentally and physically broken down by management. Unless you grew up with or went to school with or previously worked for or close friends with member's of managements family, you are no body and are treated badly.The new department managers are just thrown in the dept and not told or taught anything. They have to depend on the older employees to teach them what they are suppose to do. The health department should come in and check out the break room. The tiles in the ceiling are missing and falling out because the air conditioner leaked. Its full of black mold and smells to high heavens and has been that way for almost a year. It is a zoo and the keeps are the ones that need to be in the cages.
Pros
Two weeks vacation
Cons
management treats friends great, others like derelicts
Employees have bad work ethic
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVDecember 27, 2016
People like to do half of the job an not finish. Other employees talk behind each other's back. No one helps others. No place for advancement. Management is hard to find when needed
GARDEN CENTER MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OHDecember 24, 2016
Very friendly and fun place to work. The managers are great. Alot of heavy lifting, but relatively easy work. I loved dealing with customers on a daily basis.
Pros
Great place to work very flexible and willing to help employees
Cons
Not enough hours
Great people, just terrible management. Other than that great company
Loader (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILDecember 21, 2016
Terrible Managers that didn't want to help their employees when they might of been running behind on a project due to an injury which happened in my case.
Not a place I really enjoyed working
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jasper, INDecember 17, 2016
A typical day, would be me stocking shelves or cleaning.

I learned that I don't want to stock shelves for a living.

Management was rough. They wouldn't let me take initiative and do things without their go ahead. But I did what they told me too.

Co-workers were out for themselves mostly. I did what I could to stay on good terms with them, but they weren't too friendly.

Hardest part of the job was probably having to deal with being micro managed by management.

The best part of the job was probably when customers would stop and ask me questions.
it's a job.
Cashier, stocking (Current Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVDecember 14, 2016
Scheduling is a problem, and most employees stay "upset" about not having enough help during business hours. Only "content" workers are overnight stockers.
Can't keep cashiers, and cannot schedule them right. Floor salespeople have to do their job and cashier's jobs also.
Pros
job, and some decent benefits after a while
Cons
mainly part-time only.
Productive work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Henderson, KYDecember 12, 2016
Fun place to work at very good management and Co workers very fast pace good benefits easy to pick up on how to do the work as a cashier friendly work place Co workers always help you when you need help
Pros
Discount on stufd there
Cons
Short breaks
Rural king
Clothing Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint Clairsville, OHDecember 11, 2016
I learn how to be assistance to costumers and employees and i learn good worker skills and how to help out and how to look stuff up on the computer for costumers
Pros
Good work places and employees
Cons
Hard to balance in a leadership role
Management (Current Employee) –  IllinoisDecember 8, 2016
Rural King is an excellent place to work. There are some issues with workload being too heavy, expectations being unrealistic. Compensation in a leadership role is adequate. Company should focus more on training.
Pros
Hour lunch, stock options
Cons
45 - 50 hour work week
fun farming atmosphere
cashier, loader, forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Waverly, OhioNovember 28, 2016
Great place to work but scheduling and managers do not communicate.
I started as cashier then moved to loader, I also did a little forklift work.
Pros
discounts and benefits
Cons
low hours and poor managment
Enjoyable company with excellent ownership
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenville, OHNovember 24, 2016
A normal day at work was what each individual made it, either productive or not.
I was the overseer of the entire store from payroll to inventory and was required to view it daily. Was required to keep budget requirements in line.
I was required to conduct meetings and plan the day for the accomplishment of assigned tasks daily.
I toured the store daily to plan areas that needed attention and accomplishments to make sure of excellent customer service.
Pros
Above average freedom on merchandising
Cons
Freight flow
bare minimum
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  matoon, ILNovember 11, 2016
low wages both hourly (minimum wage) and management (less than Wal-Mart or Target ASM. great for what they want, Less is more. great for experience but not a long term career.
Management is horrible
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  HallsNovember 9, 2016
Great people to work with except for management they think you are there to talk to you like you are worth nothing. They don't know how to treat a employee with respect the pay is low and same position has variety of low pay. They just look at you and try to see what is the lowest you will accept.
Pros
Regular employees are awesom
Cons
Management are unfair and Jerks
Fast Pace workplace
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVNovember 4, 2016
Coworkers are a great crew. Very fast paced, especially with the holiday season upon us. As with any place there are pros and cons. But overall, it isn't bad.
Great high school job. And great for people with an already busy schedule.
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Tiffin, OHNovember 1, 2016
Lack of sufficient management. Had very flexible hours, great high school job. Working at rural king has taught me how to handle money and gave me a lot of experience in customer service. Opportunity to be a department mananger after awhile of working. Rural king offers a chance to meet great people and enjoy yourself while on the job.
Pros
Flexiable hours.
Cons
Poor management.
not so much
Department Manager and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Collinsville, ILOctober 27, 2016
they do not care for sindel mother they dont really care about the ppl who work for the store is dirty and hott office manger gors tho ppl record it is just a bad place to wotk for

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rural King. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4