Rural King

Rural King Employer Reviews

Florida Stores are Horrible! Terrible Management stay away!
Cashier (Former Employee), FloridaOctober 13, 2014
Pros: its a job
Cons: horrible company ( florida stores)
The stores in Florida are horrible high turnover poor management esp the Spring Hill store. Your better off working at Walmart. The management down here breaks policy on a regular basis and there's a Boy's club culture. If you have to work here get six months experience and leave asap. Best of luck to all.
Is a retail job
Receiving Manager (Former Employee), Norwalk, OHOctober 7, 2014
Cons: heavy lifting, more then was told
Job was a retail job with a lot of duties added later. Was not informed of some duties until after hiring
Horrible store manager but enjoyed my department work
Farm Department Manger (Former Employee), fort wayne, indianaOctober 7, 2014
Pros: hour break, employee discount
Cons: horrible manager, unorganized, no respect for employees
I'd rather not write about this place. I would not work for this manager ever again and the human resource did not do his job. There has been harassment from the store manager to his employees. Unorganized and has a huge turn over number. People walk out not even a month into their jobs there.
Simple job
Cashier/Floor Member (Former Employee), Waterloo, ILOctober 3, 2014
Pros: simple job
Cons: management was rough
Stocked shelves and assisted customers when needed. Cleaned up store and maintained a store that was easy to shop at. Management was a little rough though. Always hard to make them happy.
Do not apply to this company very bad
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Plano, ILOctober 1, 2014
Pros: there are non do not applie
Cons: bad pay, hard hard work, stress, no help, general manager are bad, training is a joke
This company breaks all kinds of emloyement laws they do what they want. They will keep people who break there own rules you have the V.P that are husband and wife. You have management sleeping with associates and living with them. Its all family ran at there corporate office. Raises are very bad except 10 cents to 25 if you are salarly except 400 dollar – more... raise a year maybe 1000 you will work 50 hours plus not have any help in the store. You will work freight,run a cash regester plus your depts. run out guns and so much more you do not ge to manage you are and over paid associate. – less
Its a good job for a student that's in school.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Vandalia, ILSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: we get two 10 min. breaks
Helping customers with what they need and doing a job right. If a customer asks me a question that I don't know then I ask someone that would and I remember it. If we have a problem with a customer we call for a manager. The co-workers are easy to get along with. Hardest thing do deal with is customers that don't get their way and start throwing a fit – more... so we call for a manager. Most enjoyable part of my job is friends/ co-workers and staying busy. – less
Strong job culture
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee), Spring Hill, FLSeptember 25, 2014
Good company to work for has great perks for managerial associates.
fun friendly work enviornment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Lebanon, OHSeptember 16, 2014
great group of people, very organized and great customers. management very good, no position overfilled and none are underfilled.
Fun work environment and an enterjetic place to work
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee), Rantoul, ILSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: people, co-workers, management
Cons: not enough hours, 30+ minute drive
My normal day is for me is coming into work about 10 minutes early and visiting co-workers until I clock in. Once I get clocked in i count my register to make sure I have to correct amount of money to start my shirt. While attending to coustmers I also have to answer phone calls and make popcorn. The hardest part would be not being able to leave my – more... register and just standing all day. Yet the most enjoyable part is dealing with all the different people that come through my line all day. – less
Ehh.
Cashier (Former Employee), Wentzville, MOSeptember 10, 2014
Would do if your in need of something fast. All cashiers do is basically stand there all day long. Boring but the co-workers and management werent to bad.
hard work but rewarding
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Benton, ILSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: the feeling of accomplishment at the end of the day
Cons: having to work indoors and outdoors during the various seasons
very hard work lifting heavy merchandise the management was helpful coworkers were excellent the best part was meeting and helping nice customers
Not a good place to be
associate (Former Employee), NewPhiladelphia OhioSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: monthly bonus for management
Cons: long hours short pay and working 9-10 days straight without time off
If your are management you must work 50 hours and if you are an assistant it is every night and every weekend you work. Manager does not work weekends or nights and if you complain He is very vindictive and works your 9-10 days straight with out a day off. Manager likes young pretty girls and will not give older employees positions that come available. – more... This is a age discrimination company in the stores. Store managers do not work their hours and has office girl change them for him. Long hours, bad paid and a lot of in fighting. Regional and others do not want to hear about the store problems. Allows Managers and employees to date even thought this is against policy and have fired managers for this. Let a manager and office manager get away with it and did not tell home office what was really going on. Manager like office manager and does not like other people complaining about her. This job is not a job for anyone with the long hours, lies and age discrimination is horrible here. No matter how educated you are or the background you have if you are over 21 manager does not want anything to do with you, Stay away from Rural King New Philadelphia ohio – less
Fun workplace with different job tasks everyday
Department Manager (Former Employee), Greensburg, IndianaSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: hour lunches, customer interaction, co-workers
Cons: poor pay rate, worked every weekend
A typical day would begin with our meeting where our manager would normally set up tasks we needed to complete daily. Coming in each day there was always something new to be done in my department and I got excited doing something new everyday. Normally, though, after those were completed it was a basic retail job where helping customers was the number – more... 1 priority followed by daily cycle counts and weekly orders of product.

I learned a lot about management at a young age. I was 18 when I got this job and had no managing experience at all and it was a real eye opener for me in regards to management. Some days were harder than others when it came to managers, but we all had the same goal in mind.

I really enjoyed my co-workers the most, they were a big reason as to why I enjoyed coming to work each day. I enjoyed seeing them, working with them, interacting with them, just everything about them made my job more enjoyable and easier.

The hardest part of my job was probably gaining the respect of the employees below me in my department. I had two retired men who were there just to have something to do, and they didn't really like doing the tasks that I had assigned them. I learned that through time they eventually learned to respect me as a boss and didn't see me as just some kid. – less
no life when working over night
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Lake Wales, FLSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
was alright had its and bad was a job..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Good for anyone who doesn't want or can't get anywhere!
Cashier (Former Employee), Niles, MIAugust 23, 2014
Pros: sometimes the hours are flexible
Cons: there is no compassion for the employees
Management sucks and no one knows what they are doing. They pay hard workers less than the lazy and unreliable employees. Also let go employees when they are injured (requiring surgery) because they cant return that same day.
Always busy with lots to do
Department Manager (Current Employee), Vandalia, ILAugust 10, 2014
It is a busy place with lots of public interaction with all types of customers. Co-workers are easy and enjoyable to work with. It is a very physical job that requires heavy lifting
Busy and fast paced
Floor Associate (Former Employee), Madisonville, KYAugust 9, 2014
My typical day at work was very busy and fast paced. There was never a time to stand still. I helped customers locate what they needed, and restocked merchandise in clothing, toys, and housewares. I made sure all the prices were correct on everything, as well as priced everything. I also zoned those areas and made sure those areas were clean.
Better management
Cashier (Former Employee), Logansport, INAugust 2, 2014
I didn't mind my job, as a job, at Rural King. It was what I expected it to be. Management, however, could have used better management skills in how they dealt with and treated their employees.
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Hamilton, OHAugust 2, 2014
Pros: managers
Cons: low pay
I worked at the Hamilton, OH location and the store manager and his team of assistants were wonderful
Job working with lot's of nice people however, no chane for advanement.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Spring HillJuly 9, 2014
Pros: work with nice people
Cons: poor management/ no opportunties for advancement
Job Work/Life Balance: 3 Stars