Rural King

Rural King Employer Reviews

Fun place to work, love the team work
Receiving (Current Employee), Muncie, INMay 2, 2014
Pros: flexible work schedule, relaxed environment, employee relations
Cons: low wage
My typical day at work consists of checking in and receiving merchandise. Doing inventory control. Helping out in other departments of the store if needed. I have learned customer service skills, how to train other employees, proficient knowledge of our computer system, inventory control.
Management is stern, but makes the environment enjoyable to work – more... in.
The hardest part of my job is the physical lifting of some things that are heavy.
The most enjoyable part are the staff, the are a very caring staff that display team support in a sometimes chaotic atmosphere.
I've worked as a Head Cashier, Inventory Control Clerk, Floating Department Head, as well as Receiving. – less
good working experenice
store remodel (Former Employee), Mattoon, ILApril 25, 2014
people are very helpful the work was a good learning experience.
Interact with different people
Cashier (Former Employee), Jeffersonville, INApril 13, 2014
Pros: worked with you if you had issues
Cons: couldn't move up
I worked as cashier and interacted with the public. I stocked products and put products where they belonged.
Need to work for an organized company.
presentAssistant manager (Former Employee), Vincennes, INMarch 21, 2014
Pros: monthly bonuses for meeting gross profits.
Cons: bad scheduling, not keeping asistants informed of changes.
I enjoyed working for the company until I was transferred to Vincennes. The scheduling, training, hiring and customer service was disorganized. My frustration got to be too much and I decided to leave the company. I was becoming a person that I did not recognize and didn't like it. They have replaced the manager and I hope that helps them to become – more... a better organization. – less
RUN!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Fremont, OHMarch 18, 2014
Pros: i loved most of the employees
Cons: favortism with the store manager and employees
A 12 hour day being a mother of a 2 year old was not fun or easy.
I learned a lot of great things until we got a new store manager.
my co workers were great to be around and work with. They made my day fun and easier!!
The hardest part of the job was dealing with new manager that just didn't understand the way things should have been done! Being a store – more... manager you are supposed to be equal with everyone and not play favorites!!!!
The management group was great AT FIRST! It alllllll changed, and it was no longer fun. I loved my job for a long time. But thankful I got away from it. The pay wasn't enough to deal with the long hours and stress. Bonuses were not near enough either.
Playing favorites gets nowhere with me. – less
For the most part everyone gets along well.
Department Manager, clothing dept./Cashier (Former Employee), Vincennes, INMarch 4, 2014
Pros: one hour lunches
Cons: not enough hours in the day
Going in at the opening of the store, making sure all signs and displays are current and accurate. Processing and getting up all available stock and ensuring customers are taking care of and satisfied. The hardest part of this job was keeping up with daily chores when there isn't enough helping hands. Satisfaction that a lot was done at the end of the – more... day was the best part of the experience of this job. – less
I loved the people I worked with. I enjoyed my job
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Van Wert, OHMarch 3, 2014
Pros: easy advancement
Cons: short breaks
I loved working at this place. I had alot of friends and the customers were always so nice.
Good environment, No Communication
Cashier Supervisor (Current Employee), Owensboro, KYMarch 1, 2014
Pros: environment
Cons: pay and hours and communication
This has to be the worst job I have ever held in terms of communication between management and employees. I love the environment and the overall job itself, but the pay is terrible and the hours are minimal.
Great for advancement to other jobs
Auto Department & Farm Chemical Manager (Current Employee), Huber Heights, OHFebruary 17, 2014
Easy to climb the ladder but horrible pay and raises suck.
Will work you like a horse.
The Lazy will receive help of the others need to manage.
A day as office manager
Office Manager (Former Employee), Decatur, INFebruary 11, 2014
Being an office manager at Rural King, is never boring. There is always work to be done. My co-workers were great, always fun to work and always get stuff done. The hardest part of my job was writing employees up. The most enjoyable part of my day was when someone would come to me for help and I could help them.
Retail
Department Manager (Former Employee), Murphysboro, ILFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: i had a job
Cons: employee had no voice in any thing
A typical day of work started with a meeting, then off assignments, on most days the flow on information changed two to three times a day. Upper Management would always change the pace of things, leadership shifted about every six months, the turn over rate was high even in this are.
good
Friendly Customer Service (Former Employee), Elyria, OHFebruary 5, 2014
nice place to be management was nice and training was good.
co workers were a lot of fun to be around.
i would go back in a heart beat
Fun place to work, but very little stability
Cashier (Former Employee), Marion, OHJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: fun work environment
Cons: too many manangement changes taking place too rapidly
I actually participated in the process of building this store from an empty building. I very much enjoyed this part of the job. However, after the store actually opened, manangement immediately began changing, moving around, being fired. The uncertainty at this job was very unsettling.
HORRIBLE!
cashier (Current Employee), logansport, inJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: its a job
Cons: everything
horrible manager. doesnt care about employees, just his bonus check! employees arent treated with respect. if it snows and you cant make it to work the manager doesnt care and there are no excuses. employees work all day and get fired at the end of their shift. bullcrap. managers play favorites.. you can get fired for anything. very unmanaged. and drama – more... drama drama! – less
worst job ever
assistant manager (Former Employee), strongsville, ohJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: not one
Cons: childish co workers
I had to quit because they didn't want to pay me regular managers pay. They want you to train for 6 months but run shifts at the worst times and get paidlike a crew member. Promises never fulfilled and co workers are childish. High school all over again.
Good place to work. pay not very good.
Receiving Lead (Former Employee), Lafayette, INJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: worked alone.
Cons: management.
Shipping and receiving, Layaways, and transfers. Learned all asspects of ware house. Some of the managaement was not good at training, and had a bad people skills.
worst company iv ever worked for
Shipping and Receiving (Current Employee), New Philadelphia, OHJanuary 18, 2014
worst company iv ever worked for they cut my hour to 10 hours a week they dont no how to manage there store
fair
sales (Former Employee), wentzville moJanuary 10, 2014
good place to work for a part time bases. flexible hours good work environment
bad place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Champaign, ILJanuary 8, 2014
Cons: everything
Horriable managment and the hours are not that great! dont apply here
productive
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Vandalia, ILJanuary 7, 2014
I liked the job very much. It was a challenge every day. kept me fit and busy. the managers there were great people.