Rural Metro Corporation Employee Reviews

moved to far to travel overtime
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 17, 2017
didnt train well managers or supervisor no help trainers no help employees rude close parkings close restaurants ok hours ok pay to far to travel they moved
Love this company
Patient Accounts Representative (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 11, 2017
Enjoyed my time with this company. Learned a lot of great skills here. Workplace culture was fun and company gave out monthly incentives such as gas cards,gift cards and etc. They offered great training and management was very involved with employees.
another great experienced place
Corporate Job Bank Staff Agency (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 13, 2017
This was a wonderful experience but unfortunately it was only a temporary position. I would have liked to stay. Still a wonderful atmosphere to be around and work with some great people.
Pros
Great hours weekly, proper training
Cons
Not permanent placement situation
Not a bad place to get a start
La Firefighter/EMT-Basic (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, LAApril 19, 2017
If you are looking for a place to get your foot in the door and to get some experience this is a great spot, but if you are looking for somehting permanent then I would look elsewhere
Busy work
Prebill Data Entry/Invoicing Representative (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 30, 2016
This was a good place to work.
A typical day consisted of checking facesheets from the ambulance and hospitals for demographics and insurance information. Contacting patients and insurance companies to confirm missing information and eligibility. Then writing narratives to match what services we provided and setting them up for billing to be sent out.
My supervisors were great. We had a great team.
The hardest part would of been when our systems would go down and we would not be able to work and of course a few of the co-workers.
It was my first official job in the "medical field". I did learn a lot of insurances and how the interworking of the paperwork side of the field works.
It was a huge let down when the company filed for bankruptcy and I was let go.
Fun environment
Executive Legal Assistant to General Counsel (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 20, 2016
My co-workers were an incredible group to work with. Always pushing each other to be better and work harder.
A great environment to grow and learn.
A typical day
Federal Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 29, 2015
There is always something to update, etc. There is always something that needs cleaned up or maintained. There is also new things to learn, which I love. There is job security, as my job keeps the money coming in the door, however, there isn't any advancement. I am the only one in my position and you do this job every day.
Pros
Learning new things
Cons
Frustration with operations on getting items needed
Great place to work with plenty of room for advancement.
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 30, 2014
A very high paced place to work. Strict deadlines to meet for the company and it's customers. Makes the day go by super fast and very rewarding to meet goals. Plenty of room for advancement. This company takes care of it's employees. The people work very well coordinating together to get things done. Great pay. M-F daytime workweek.
Pros
Great mgmt, covered parking, free soda and coffee, very nice building and amenities, good location
Cons
Expensive healthcare.
Great customer service experience, inner dept. to dept. training opportunity.
Senior collector team leader III (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 29, 2014
Work day answering phone calls from 22 different states regarding billing and insurance questions and collecting patients balance. I went from collector to Sr. leader III, helping Management and Supervisors with customer complaints, helped manage a 44 collector/customer service co-workers team on a daily bases with questions regarding billing patient, insurance and inner department discounts. Satisfy customers was most enjoyable as well as being just as hard to notify patients of the outstanding balances being their responsibility. Through this I learned to have patients, I learned about medical billing, insurance, Medicare and Medicaid and most of all empathy and compassion for the caller on the end of the phone.
Lack good mangement , poor job environment
Post Billing Rep (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYSeptember 22, 2014
NO ADVANCEMENT OPPORTUNITY, POOR MANANGEMENT , UNSafe work environment ,outdated systems
Benefits
Provided great opportunities
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Erlanger, KYSeptember 15, 2014
Provided great opportunities over time but it may just be time to move on.
Productive fun fast paced environment
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 4, 2014
I was here for 4 years and enjoyed it the whole time. My supervisor was great to work with as was my co workers. I was always learning new things. I didn't have proficient training but I always caught on to everything fast. The company was a little unorganized and with it being nation wide I feel we were treated as a number and not as individuals, but the billing office here in Indianapolis was like a family. We always stuck together and helped each other out.
They company is based out of Arizona and has decided to down size and hire a company to do the billing and accounting, so they can put all there energy on patient care. They have laid off through out the US over 400 employees.
Pros
Work Flexability, team players
Cons
Corporate management had high turn around so things was always changing.
I worked with exceptional people that taught me so much about medical billing .
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 4, 2014
When I started with Rural Metro 9 years ago I knew nothing about Ambulance Ins Billing. After those 9 years I was promoted twice and placed in a position of being responsible for other employees training and auditing . If there is anything I can look back on with this company it would be the knowledge they instilled and the wonderful friends I made. The positions I held were numerous Shared Services Team Lead, Claims Status Leader, Auditor, Trainer, Claims Representative
Office Manager, Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 23, 2014
R/M is a good company to work for unless they are looking to cut costs which at that point your job will be eliminated until they figure they need someone else and then will hire then term hire then term
Ambulance Company
Lead Billing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  san diego caApril 9, 2014
love working with people , i learn new things on a day to day basis
Worst employer ever
Paramedic (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 20, 2014
Management have no idea what they are doing.
Cant manage a 911 system.
They say open door policy but all offices are empty because they terminate staff every day ( 4th GM IN 2 YEARS ).
Hostile work environment.
Id rather be unemployed living in the streets.
Pros
non
Cons
everything
job security lots of good friends
Commercial Billing Department Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZDecember 2, 2013
Right now rural metro is a very difficult place to work at, due to the bankruptcy they are going thru.
Pros
awesome co-workers
Cons
under paid for the reposibility and the amount of work you are assigned
Bad Place to Work
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  ScottsdaleNovember 27, 2013
This place sucks the life out of you. Mgmt has no regard, respect, or care for their employees. Forced OT at the last minute, cancelled promises of days off, promises of raises that never comes, high turnover, predatory managers. Company in bankruptcy & my guess will be laying off Billers in the near future after implementation of new Billing System. Day prison.
Prebill Data Entry Representative (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 15, 2013
Throughout my time at the company I gained a lot of knowledge of working with insurance companies, such as Medicare, Medicaid, and other Private Companies. I verified insurance for patients, as well as entered their demographics then moved the accounts onward to the invoicing department. After a year I decided to move into invoicing; where I learned the challenges of working with Medicare. Also how to write narratives.

I met some great and not so great people along my time there. But I took it all as a learning experience.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to do something that I loved, that I was great at.

The hardest part about the job at times was the amount of time I would spend there trying to keep up with the incoming accounts. I spent a lot of time away from my child, which was honestly the extremely hardest part about it.
Has management issues that does not provide a good work environment for employees
Post Bill Representative (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 30, 2013
This is not a company I would recommend, they have leadership and management issues, the pay is not worth the drive of 30 miles and there is no advancement in the medical billing. This company does
very little to provide encentives to remain on staff.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rural Metro Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7