Rush Copley Medical Center Employee Reviews

Good place to get you feet wet but no a place to make a career
IS Technical Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Aurora, IL 60504January 10, 2018
Not a bad place to work but like to play favorites and move people to better positions that really are not qualified to be there. Use to really make it a place where employees wanted to stay but in the last year or so have make a 180 and done away with all of the good aspects of the positions here
Pros
learn new things everyday
Cons
like to play favorites
Good company
Center Secretary / Patient Liaison (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILJanuary 8, 2018
Rush Copley has given me an opportunity to work closely with a diverse group of people, from Doctors and nurses to Environmental Services and social workers. I have come to respect all that I work with and know we are all have same patient goals.
Great place to work at.
Business Associate/ Patient Access (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILNovember 15, 2017
Co-workers and other staff made working at Rush a great experience. Everyone worked as a team to help each other and make sure patients were the priority.
Learned a lot with Rush Copley
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILOctober 3, 2017
Rush Copley was my first job as a CNA and I learned a lot. I enjoyed working with great staff. Working in the ICA we saw a variety of patients and their was never a boring day at work.
Pros
enjoyed the workplace culture
Cons
short breaks
Speech-Language Pathologist, M.A., CCC-SLP (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILSeptember 28, 2017
I still work at RCMC, I do not plan on leaving, I'm just currently looking for additional work hours. The face of healthcare is changing and there are no guaranteed hours and jobs anymore.
culture
Medical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILSeptember 15, 2017
I only work in Microbiology dept. I was hired as a temp/perm position to help up when they are training to new computer system. work days is very busy. learned Molecular procedure. got experience to used Genexpert, Phoenix and biofire and Alere. learned some new SOP. we have good teamwork with co workers in Micro dept.
Pros
no comment
Cons
no comment
Awesome place to work!
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILSeptember 15, 2017
Amazing support from managers & coworkers. Absolutely great place to work. The only reason I left this company is because I had to relocate. Great training program for new grads.
Pros
Pay, benefits, coworkers, awesome management
Great Place To Work
Patient Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILSeptember 11, 2017
Rush Copley Medical Center is a great place to work at! I started out at Rush Copley Medical Center to get my foot in the healthcare field, as I was working on my masters degree. A typical day at work is fast paced, but manageable. The most enjoyable part of the job is making a difference in patients lives and having great co workers to work with.
Amazing workplace
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILAugust 13, 2017
I only left this job because I had to move! All the nurses are super knowledgeable and helpful. Usually the patients are all pretty friendly. Lots of benefits in the job. including pet insurance.
Pros
healthcare, pay was good
productive, organized
Registered Nurse (ortho/neuro) (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILAugust 2, 2017
Great company, benefits are ideal. Love working 12 hours shifts. On the ortho/neuro floor typical patient to nurse ratio 5:1. Company is big on continuing education, many opportunities offered.
Experienced Professionals in Modern Facility
RN Student (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILJuly 5, 2017
Great experience working with diligent staff in a modern and updated hospital setting. Management allowed for a lot of independent decision making which lead to personal development and growth.
Productive Environment
Medical Interpreter - ED Registration (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILJuly 4, 2017
Never slow paced. Never an average day. Managers were kind & everyone was happy to work there. Seeing patients hurt was hard. Enjoyed when they smiled
Fast paced ER with supportive staff
Clinical Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILJune 28, 2017
The emergency room sees 65,000 patients per year. Staff is committed to the community and each other. As clinical coordinator/charge RN I am in charge of patient flow, employee satisfaction, and I am the first stop in the chain of command.
Great place of employment
Center Secretary/Greeter, Obstetrics (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILJune 17, 2017
I loved working here!! Co-workers were great to me. I'm going to miss this place. Everyone is so nice from housekeeping to CEO. Everyone smiles and says hi.
Pay is good, required to work too many weekends/late hours
Ultrasound Technologist (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILJune 16, 2017
The pay is good and I usually don't feel overworked but even senior people in my department have to work multiple weekends a month. It takes a long time to move up to a shift with better hours.
Fun place to work and great people
Food Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILMay 27, 2017
A day at this job was never the same. It was a fun job and great co workers. The only hard part of this job was when the hospital had a high census and short on people.
Good Hospital
Environmental Services Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILMay 25, 2017
Copley was an awesome place to work, even though they always cut staff to try to safe money, now that can be justifiable based on how you look at it. But its imperative to understand that patients come first and you should always have the appropriate staff to take care of all the patients.
food service area
Food Service Representative (Current Employee) –  aurora ilMay 8, 2017
5 years in the basement of food service- really enjoyed it and I'm definitely looking for something different. I wish to work Monday through Saturdays, no more Sundays and no more holidays.
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILApril 26, 2017
Only tech on nights in charge of entire hospital. Difficult to be in 3 places at the same time. Overall, love my job. Excellent rapport with ER, ICU, and NICU.
Pros
Efficient tech
Cons
Usually don't get dinner.
Great Place to work!
Family Medicine Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILFebruary 14, 2017
People are very friendly. Management is awesome!! The cafeteria food is amazing. and the coffee at Jasmine's is too. They are very flexible with work hours and schedules. Worked with most of the same people for over 10 years. That's Great!!!
Pros
Free Gym membership!
Cons
None really, I love working here!