Rush Enterprises Inc Employee Reviews

Best Company EVER!
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  TexasJune 29, 2016
Benefits are great! Employee stock purchase and prescription drug plan is like nothing else.

The managers and company really care about work life balance and they understand that sometimes life happens.
Pros
Growth oppertunties
Cons
working the day after thanksgiving :(
lack of communication in management
Rear Parts Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHDecember 13, 2015
Overall, a learning experience of what to look for in an employer. I was not given enough time to be properly trained, nor was I ever trained thoroughly.
Accounting
Accounts receivable clerk (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXSeptember 6, 2015
Management act helpful but are more interested in how they appear to corporate than what is truly needed by employees. Coworkers are wonderful to work with. 95% of coworkers are female so a little back biting occurs. Be quiet, don't make suggestions, follow orders without question and mind your own business and all will go well.
Pros
Keep break room stocked with the best coffees
Cons
Minimum training and impatient when don't understand the first time
Semi flat rate
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Pico riveraJuly 23, 2015
They hire you at base pay of 20 something, but in order to get your base pay of what ever they offer you need to dish out 100% effeciency to even see it, anything below 100% is $18/hr.
Pros
Great learning place with great mechanics
Cons
Do too much for such little pay
Not for the career minded technician with family
Lead night shift technician (Current Employee) –  Fontana CaJune 19, 2015
The pay has changed after the minimum wage changed. It used to be a flat rate straight across. If you didn't work you didn't get paid. if you did you got paid the full hired rate. now that has all changed. you get $18 and hour until you hit %100 efficiency (40 hours billed in a week) then you get your hourly rate. in other words if you are diagnosing the most advanced code or rebuilding an engine your doing it for $18. same goes for the guy doing wheel seals which doesn't pay well. the hours to complete a job are dropping (1.25 hours to lift front of paccar engine and replace engine side motor mount brace?) the tech is in charge of finding parts prices and location for all repairs and opening/closing claims through engine manufacturers that are warranty. this process only pays .4 hour max. they installed security cameras and hired a third party business to monitor techs who are now getting threats of $1000 - $10000 fines for clocking in out of uniform, safety glasses, and wheels being chocked. They do NOT give raises, if you put your two weeks in its a 50% chance they tell you to get out right then and there. The shop supplies a 50' air hose and that's it, and its not even safe (hose clamps on brass and unregulated shop air). no 1" impact or anything like that. the only saving grace here is the opportunity to get a great resume. they will throw anyone on any job so you can get a lot under your belt fast. In three years i have NEVER seen a tech get fired based on misdiagnosis, poor performance, or damaging a truck. the other techs are really good people. no thieves, and everyone  more... will stop and help even at their own paychecks expense. we all share each others tools with no problems. other than that its no good. I am currently putting my resume out and am really going to miss my fellow techs but the way this place is choking my check i cant afford to stay even if i want, even if i had $100000 in tools, even if i was the best tech out there. the money cannot be found.  less
Pros
fast experience, other techs, cant get fired unless you really try.
Cons
No money, no point in working.
Typical Corporate Structured Company
General Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Sealy, TXJanuary 19, 2015
Lwr Mngmt dealing with demand of upper mngmt. Room for growth but industry offered very little relative experience in other industries. Work at dealership lvl was fun to a degree. My boss micro managed me and my department to the degree that it robbed me of the ability to adapt with change. there is a generation gap in the heavy truck sales industry and the younger crowd is at a disadvantage due to the reluctance to change.
Pros
good paying job
Cons
little recognition for achievements
Well paced enviorment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXJuly 2, 2014
Typical day at work customer service and providing mechanical service and parts service. What I learned was the parts side of their products and their warranty side. Management well kept us busy and taught us how to up sell any product to increase sells. Co workers were the best and with good knowledge of the products they were selling. Hardest part of the job was changing departments and starting from scratch. And the most enjoyable part was the payoff of learning the product and knowing how to up sell the product to anyone and get compensated for it.
Pros
Learning parts and Service
Cons
Cons was dealing with yearly layoffs
Very enjoyable work enviroment
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  New Braunfels TXMay 20, 2014
Very enjoyable work environment. A lot of activities going on at one time. Company growing.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rush Enterprises Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9