Rush Enterprises

Rush Enterprises Employer Reviews

Has management issues
Counter Sales (Current Employee), Hickory, NCMay 26, 2014
Pros: job security
Cons: not enough help
Overall a good place to work if the management issues were straightened out.
High paced enviroment and advancement opertunities
Service Supervisor (Current Employee), New Braunfels, TXApril 16, 2014
Fast paced environment with a growing company. Customer service focused. Good benefits.
Great Company!!!!
Corporate IT Trainer (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 15, 2014
Pros: traveling
Cons: co-workers
I like working for this company. The co-workers are okay to work with, just at times should be more professional. My boss is outstanding and a great developer. While working with this company, I learned SAP software and the trucking business. This was very beneficial to myself.
Corporate IT trainer RUSH Enterprises
SAP Service Trainer (Former Employee), New Braunfels, TXMarch 18, 2014
Pros: very good pay
Cons: travel schedule
The job itself was a good job, the people I worked with were fantastic. That being said, travel for the job consisted of leaving Monday morning and then getting back Thursday evening. As time went on and we ended up flying out Sunday nights instead of Mondays.
Wow, they are a bad employer.
Environmental, Safety and Health Specialist (Former Employee), New Braunfels, TXFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: money
Cons: who you know and good-old-boys running a muck. lack safety and health outside the hq office.
Left GS12 government position for an opportunity with Rush to only find that after 35 days "due to company realignments" was terminated. Lousy SOBs. Seriously deficient ethics at high levels. Read the responses..."good old boy," and "who you know." In the end, the company is profitable and can be a great place to work but buyer-be-ware. Take a look – more... at their facilities other than their HQ, which their HQ is awesome. Most facilities look like ma and pa's back yard we fix'em you break'em yuk ah yuk shops. Good luck. – less
Great people to work with.
Corporate Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee), New Braunfels, TXDecember 9, 2013
Pros: great co-workers!
Cons: lack of management knowledge.
Overwhelmed with work loads. Loved the actual position. Could not ask for better co-workers. Hardest part is trying to keep up. Management didn't seem involved with the actual job-maybe they didn't know how to do the job and therefore had others training for the postions. Not very clear. Be very careful of the political/power issues between the managers – more... themselves. – less
Flat Rate quick pace enviroment.
Peterbilt Professional Technician (Current Employee), Denton, TXNovember 20, 2013
Pros: diversity
Cons: flat rate pay scale
A typical day will determine what you know, what management will give you for work, how your co-workers will respond to the work, and whether or not they can do the work in a timely manner. The most enjoyable part of the job is the team work.
Goal-oriented atmosphere that always puts the customer first
Billing Specialist/ Warranty Advisor (Current Employee), Irving, TXAugust 16, 2013
I began my job at Rush Enterprises within the Management Trainee Program, a program where recent graduates with aspirations of attaining management positions within the company can learn first-hand knowledge in each separate department. The departments are arranged into New Sales, Used Sales, Parts, Service Desk, Body Shop, and Mobile Service.
I was – more... placed in Mobile Service before even completing my six-month trainee program. The Mobile Service department oversees 17 technicians that have their own repair vehicles and serve customers broken down on the side of the road, or are located at a customer's base location, where they can service each truck in a customer's fleet as needed. After spending three months as a service adviser opening repair orders, posting technician's labor, and parts, I made the move to more of a customer interaction-based role. I then spent about 8 months communicating repair information, job completion status, and arranging for payments from several different customers, whether they be a corporate customer, or owner/operators. I then was eager to learn more aspects of the service of our customer's vehicles, so I dove into the warranty portion of the business, where I had to analyze which repairs were warranted, special programs that certain customers would be involved in that would extend the warranty on their assets, or even which parts associated with a repair that are eligible at certain stages of a vehicle's life. – less
Very poorly managed, resources were under utilized
Project/Logistics Manager (Former Employee), Saint George, SCJuly 7, 2013
Pros: good people
Cons: treated like idiots and slaves
This could have been a wonderful place to work but the owner had poor business sense. A controlling and untrustworthy person. The business is now no more.
Very Pleasant
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee), New BraunfelsJune 4, 2013
Pros: benefits
Typical work day consist of new hire orientation/training.
Processing new hire paperwork, Processing terminations. Completing reports to the VP. I learned that hard work and dedication pays off. Co-workers were like family, everyone got along. The hardest part of the job was leaving. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to meet new people – more... and interesting people everyday. – less
Multitasking, computer efficient, automotive knowledge
Service Advisor (Current Employee), Fontana, CADecember 18, 2012
Pros: job security
Cons: long hours, minimum salary / commission
Must have patience and strong multitasking abilities. Know how to handle upset and unhappy customers. Manage core inventory for various manufactures, technicians, and front office.

Quick typer, knowledgable with various types of computer software applications, and a strong understanding of automotive concepts and services.
Not a good place to work.
mechanic (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 1, 2012
Pros: there are none.
Cons: management, money
Management does not care about employees. Also does not have any idea how to run a truck shop. Does not know the value of good qualified people. If you work hard and do your job, you get treated badly. Be a suck up and don't do your job right, and get what ever you want.
Good stable environment
Warranty Analyst (Former Employee), New Braunfels, TXJune 27, 2012
Good company and learned a lot about purchasing and warranty work , worked with great people I am still friends with and management was great, very supportive. The only drawback was the compensation for the work, it made it impossible to afford the healthcare plan.
very fun job and wonderful enviroment
Purchasing (Former Employee), New Braunfels, TXJune 5, 2012
Pros: very busy
Cons: managers
I have learned quite a bit form working there. I have learn how to use many different computer programs like Karmak, SAP, and was able to get more advanced in Microsoft. I aslo learned how to use outlook. I enjoyed working for them and I enjoyed what I did. I loved making each and every store happy.

About Rush Enterprises

Rush Enterprises (NASDAQ: RUSHA & RUSHB) operates the largest network of heavy and medium- duty truck dealerships in North – Read more