Rush Enterprises

Rush Enterprises Employee Reviews in United States

Appears to be a grea place to work, looks are deceiving.
Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJune 24, 2016
Mainly, the entire management staff has absolutely no respect or consideration for an employee who is the sole Warehouse employee at a large truck company, which receives upwards of $50,000 worth of parts and essential equipment per day, incoming and outgoing.
Pros
Pay rate is above minimum wage
Cons
Little to no lunch breaks, no room for advancement, overworked and underappreciated
Really lackluster place to work
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNMay 18, 2016
Worked there for 2 years and never saw management do anything. Ran off the good service writer for another that knew the upper management. Shop foreman was a joke and knew nothing of trucks. Had a "formula" for raises that screwed everyone. Was promised $3/HR over two years and got a dime. Be cautious and negotiate pay up front. Benefits are terrible and they do indeed take time from your flat rate pool.
Pros
They let me leave
Cons
Pay, benefits, management
A company with potential...
Level 5 Technician (Former Employee) –  Cleveland/AkronMay 3, 2016
Rush Enterprises has great potential to be a company worth working for. Unfortunately, now is not that time! Rush has expanded to rapidly, forcing them to make drastic, unethical decisions in order to try and maintain a profitable truck sales and service market. During my endeavors with Rush within the greater Cleveland/Akron area, I witnessed and was forced to be part of many unethical decisions that lead to the termination of many talented technicians and parts personnel. Rush pays great (with proper negotiations) and has a good benefits package to offer. My only warnings to a person looking to make a good career choice is to beware that Rush is not loyal to their employees no matter how talented or profitable you may be for the company. The management within Rush needs major reconstruction before I could ever give them a better review.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Extremely unethical and biased...welcome back to high school
Fast paced environment
Warranty Administrator (Current Employee) –  Buda, TXApril 25, 2016
Fast paced environment. Must be able to multi-task. I got to work with a diverse group of employees and customers. I've learned many valuable skills while working for this company and have been provided many great opportunities.
Overall a Positive Experience
Analyst (Current Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXApril 19, 2016
Rush is not the most competitive with salary or benefits, but for such a large company it still feels relatively small fostering a positive work culture with access to high level execs which provides experiences that may make up for some of the lack of competitivness in compensation. A good place to start a career and a good place to end a career if you are brought in at a high level position. Not a great place to stay for advancing your career as upward mobility in many corporate departments is extremely limited. Leadership is passionate about what they do, and the environment is pretty laid back and flexible in most departments for salaried employees which is also a benefit you may not find at other companies
Pros
Leadership, Flexibility, Challenging
Cons
Compensation, Benefits
Great co-workers
Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Kankakee, ILApril 4, 2016
A typical day at work is usually always fun with my co-workers. We joke around and all of us get along very well. I look forward to seeing new customers and taking care of our usual customers. The hardest part of the job is telling a customer that his/her truck will not be done when promised, because of parts availability or we find something else wrong while repairing the customer's complaint. I love my customers with all of my heart and if their truck isn't going down the road, it's not making money. My manager is awesome. She really makes my job easy.
Pros
developing relationships with my customers, great co-workers
fun place to work for
Human Resources Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXApril 1, 2016
awesome and understanding group of people that I have worked for. very accommodating and understanding in every aspect
Average place to work
Service Writer/Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sharonville, OHMarch 8, 2016
I get along with all management and coworkers. Typical work day, work 8-5, complete billing information for customers, notify customers when trucks are ready for pick up and obtain purchase orders. The hardest part of my job is when I have assist in preparing estimates for customers. What I enjoy most about my job is my co workers. Everyone works well together and have the most respect for each other.
Pros
One hour lunches, can take a break when need, good benefits
Cons
expected to work 8 to 10 hours a day.
not a good company
SERVICE ADMIN (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXMarch 5, 2016
hated this place. not professional at all . very judgemental people here.abhdbdfjfnurhfunsdkmkfnngklsmd;admad

amdnjsmdf;asd
Outstanding Company and People
HRIS Project Manager (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXFebruary 1, 2016
This was a contract engagement as an HRIS Project Manager and I must say it was the finest work environment and people. The organization is structured and yet, willing to compromise for the benefit of the project and is all about making sure employees have an understanding of the resulting changes.
Broken Promises
Mobile Diesel Technician (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 29, 2016
I sold my home in Mableton GA, promised work for as long as I wanted to work there, moved to Oklahoma, was laid off because the reputation of the shop has caused a great decrease in their customer base. Flatrate mechanic's nightmare, time is stolen from every check you get.
Pros
Cons
Watch you time sheet, they steal your time for their favored workers.
Friendly people
diesel mechanic (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, TNJanuary 21, 2016
Operating school busses, making repairs and troubleshooting.
Various Cummins engines operation and troubleshooting
knowledgeable
friendly environment
driving the distance to and from
helping other technicians
Pros
Great team
Cons
Driving distance
Horrible Place
Foreman (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 23, 2015
Management at this company will tell you what they want and how they want to make things better... They will task you with making changes, but as soon as you try they wont back you. They promote little people with degrees to run high intensity dealerships, these managers are poorly trained and have no idea how a truck dealership works. Warranty fraud is a daily event as well as undisplined technicians having there butts covered on bad repairs because they are "too valuable to lose" they lie to customers with some elaborate story about how the truck really did need 10k in work done to it. I hated this place it was the most stressful job i have ever had.... I would not recomend this company to anyone, unless you enjoy being miserable on a daily basis!
Pros
Cons
Everything... Extremely Poor Management
Terrible
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHNovember 3, 2015
One of the worst jobs I have ever been recruited for. Closed door meeting for several hours a day by management. Management is consistently pulling you in the office for reprimands on things you cannot change or have no control over. Everyone speaks behind your back. If that isn't bad and stressful enough. You're constantly getting ripped a new one by irate customers. I'd rather be homeless then work a single day at this poor excuse for a business.
Pros
Pay was good.
Cons
Too numerous to mention
Large Auto Group
Auditor, Internal Audit (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXSeptember 29, 2015
Rush is going through some growing pains. Large corporate mindset with a very small town feel amongst dealerships. Very poor communication from corporate to each location. If you like to travel, if you dip tobacco and if you are not a suit and tie kind of individual then this company is for you. They are a very large auto group and run on a good old boy system. You will get exposed to all executives if you prove yourself and work your tail off however that does not always mean you will get promoted. Must be willing to relocate to probably the worst areas in the country and put your time in at each location before you can move to the corporate office. There are a few genuine people who still exist at Rush. Those people are what make the company great. They believe in the company and that is what probably keeps the company together.

If you plan on traveling for the company make sure you have a credit card with a very high credit limit and only use that for travel with rush. They don't pay expenses back on time and sometimes depending on your supervisor you have to foot the bill because Rush doesn't pay their bills on time with certain vendors.

You will see parts of the U.S that you didn't think existed but remember it is a trucking industry. Benefits are not that great and work culture is not the greatest. Layoffs happen anytime of the year even around christmas. Until they clean house on top or are no longer publicly traded best to avoid this place.

However they really know how to sell trucks and own the market. If you are looking to get in sales be ready to hit the
  more... ground running. Parts sales people do really well if they have former sales experience. Truck sales people need to really know the trucking industry many people with former sales experience (i.e car, pharma, tractor) try to transition in and only last 6 months.  less
Pros
Public company, if you like to travel there are a lot of opportunities to do that
Cons
don't reimburse expenses on time, poor health benefits, poor work culture, poor work life balance
Sales Representative
Truck Parts Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Pharr, TXSeptember 29, 2015
Typical day is meeting with other leaders to review parts in and parts out or pending.
Make sure that we call customer to pick up their truck parts and also call other clients to review what they need if they need anything.
Pros
Pay is excellent.
Cons
Culture not align with my values.
Warranty Analyst
Warranty Analyst (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXSeptember 21, 2015
Login, upload claims, download claims, submit claims, do appeals talk with all kinds of people good relationship skills and phone thics
Good luck as a tech
Diesel apprentice (Former Employee) –  Statesville NCSeptember 11, 2015
Flat rate would probably be OK if you have a ton of experience. If you dont, prepare to starve to death. Management will micromanage you do to death, and pay less experienced guys more money if they like them. Your pay is not only at the mercy of how fast you can beat the clock, but management as well. Watched as a guy that had been at the building since 1976 got 20 hours a week because he could not learn how to use a computer. But any older vehicles they automatcallyput him on,because he was the only one that knew them well and he did it right the first time. Seems wrong. As a tech, you also have to go get parts, which hurts your time on flat rate, because they could care less, and may not even acknowledge you at all, at least until they are done texting or talking on the phone. I tried to clean up to stay busy and got told I wasn't getting paid to clean up. Give me something to do then!! Couldn't get out of there fast enough!!
Pros
Cons
Everything else
Fastest growing trucking in the US
IT SAP Trainer (Current Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXAugust 26, 2015
It has been an honor to be a part of the Rush family. I have found my true calling as a trainer for the SAP team. Currently I travel to newly purchased trucking location and train in both a class room and on the job settings. I concentrate on the parts sales and inventory side of the SAP training.
Pros
Love the traveling
Cons
Unorginized at times
Learned all about SAP
SAP IMPLEMENTATION IT-TRAINING SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXAugust 25, 2015
I was able to learn and teach many SAP functions. A training work week consisted of managing a classroom of 20 to 25 students to teach users how to manage their daily SAP functions. Then I was onsite for their SAP go-live to make sure they were able to do their responsibilities with the new software. Co-workers or other trainers assisted in the process and lead classroom sessions of their own. We also managed the documentation and presentations that came with new or changed processes with SAP. Management was very helpful with the work and what needed to be accomplished for any one or more job assignments. The hardest part of the job was having to listen to rationalizations to changes such as 'were going in a new direction' or other similar lines. However completing the process for any one or more locations for go-live was the most rewarding part of the job in that you knew you had a sense of accomplishment into not only having shown your students all the aspects required for their job but also that you were there for them during the implementation process.
Pros
Learning new material
Cons
The payscale