RUSH TRUCKING Employee Reviews in United States

ok place to work
Diesel Technician (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXMarch 29, 2016
a typical work day was ok I my book. I learned a lot under the foreman I started with. management doesn't have your back they will throw you under the bus, and also with firer you over another companies word.co-workers were cool, but a lot of arguments. the hardest part of the job was no training. at first it was a fun place to work then it went down hill from that point on
Pros
good pay
Cons
managment, fighting with co-workers, back stabbing from managment and co-workers
Poorly managed out of date company
Owner operator (Former Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KY - Kansas City, MOMarch 10, 2016
Leased 3 trucks to Rush for dedicated automotive route. Would show up at plant only to find out the loads were cancelled that day. This was a repetitive problem. Poor dispatch. "Forget" to pay for certain days or trips. Get to drop and hook point on Friday night and have no trailer to return with until Sunday night or Monday morning. High turnover company. Very poor pay. I had my routes at 1.05 per mile plus a sub-standard industry fuel surcharge. Was underbid at .86 cents per mile.
Great place to be
TRUCK DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Wayne, MIFebruary 12, 2016
Work till job is done usually 6 hrs pay 180.00 Per day even if you worked 3 hrs loved this job worked 6 day a week at an average of 36b hrs plus 50 dpllars per stop which was 4 stops a day do the math .Mo money mo money
Pros
PAY
Cons
NOTHING
Productive and fun work place
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Taylor, MINovember 14, 2015
Very good place to work for. Everyone there will try their best to make sure that you know that you are a part of a family and when you need help they will be there for you.
Do not work for Rush
Driver (Former Employee) –  Washington Park, ILOctober 1, 2015
Promised 5 days a week..barely got 3. Paychecks constantly messed up. No set schedule. Manager calls randomly to ask if you could work that day. No training aside from orientation in Kansas City. Slow nasty trucks...I could go on for days of everything wrong with this company.
Pros
Home daily
Do not work here !!
Ex driver (Former Employee) –  Wayne /BrownstownAugust 2, 2015
Well where to star you dont get paid for orientation poor equipment terrible insurance dispatches are nice to your face talk about you behind your back I worked out of Wayne yard I was always checking my paycheck its was wrong 9 out of 10 times I then transferred to Brownstown to do the shuttle routes that they have that seemed to end the payroll problems but this company says safety first safety always but if you bring up safely up at the Ford plant in Flat Rock this company will throw you under the bus management just sucks if you happen to work out of Wayne you will do a lot of waiting around for a truck not getting paid if you happen to break down for several hours you get nothing for that either I hope this helps to anyone wanting a job here dont do it...
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Most everything
Fantastic company to work for, 5 stars all the way!!!
Warehouse Lead (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 12, 2015
I nothing but great things to say about Rush Trucking, wish I hadn't got laid off, I seen retirement from that company and great potential for advancement!!!
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Layoff
Good pay range but poor equipment
Local Driver (Former Employee) –  Wayne, MIJuly 11, 2015
The pay range was good however the equipment was old and outdated. I spent a lot of time broke down waiting for service truck to arrive. This caused me to have late deliveries or sometime not deliver at all.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Poor equipment
Would not reccomend this employer
Recurting clerk (Former Employee) –  Wayne, MIJune 3, 2015
Cut throat is how I would describe the supervisors (if you can call them that). No one had a clear business procedure or model to follow, it just depended on the day, weather, color of clothes etc...very unprofessional
Pros
I met some of the nicest OTR drivers
Cons
Everything about this employer
Lots of family and politics
Driver Trainer (Former Employee) –  Wayne, MIApril 15, 2015
Seemed like everyone there was related to someone, so the managers liked to throw their weight around. Dispatch was always putting drivers on different routes than they were hired by the recruiters to run. High turn-over and a lot of upset drivers. Worked for a year at a salary position, and my hours kept increasing, but I received no pay increase. And this was after a perfect work review. I was actually told that I was too involved with the drivers. Too many chiefs and not enough Indians.
Pros
Nice hats
Cons
Bad equipment for local drivers, a lot of standing around and not getting paid.

Want to know more about RUSH TRUCKING?

Ask a question
Typical OTR trucking company. Not bad but nothing to write home about
Tractor Trailer Driver (Former Employee) –  Wayne, MIDecember 11, 2014
These are nice people to work with and the job is pretty much what they say it will be. They are honest and operate in a very safe and DOT compliant manner. They seem to have good equipment and a good customer base. However, like most OTR companies, they simply do not pay what this kind of work is worth. In addition, each week I had to contact my driver manager or payroll or HR to straighten out my check. They NEVER tried to be dis-honest, it's just that so many people in their corporate office are working the paperwork and payroll that every week something was wrong. The error was always in their favor, (naturally) and I had to call, (sometimes several times) to straighten it out. They would always fix it but it would be a delay until the next check. When you are not making enough to begin with, that's a pain. To their credit, I was not working there as a driver very long, so perhaps after a few months the kinks in your payroll get worked out. I just had to find something that paid me better for my time. If you can live on what they will pay and be patient to get the bugs out of their system, it's probably going to be a good company for you to work for.
Pros
good honest company with stability.
Cons
typical otr trucking company pay with payroll issues to watch out for.
Decent Employer
Payroll Clerk (Current Employee) –  Wayne, MISeptember 2, 2014
Decent employer. Dependable. However, there is no room for advancement. They have a tendency to hire from outside the company instead of promoting from within. They expect their employees to take on more and more work with absolutely no change in compensation. They do not give raises as a general rule.
Driver (Former Employee) –  OtrJuly 27, 2014
I would rather drive for swift than these jokers.
They will try and not pay you for what ever reason possible.
Cons
poor business model, definitely not about keeping drivers happy.
a
Human Resources Regional Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Wayne, MIJuly 15, 2014
Typical day at work is 8-5. I have learned the trucking industry in and out. The management is willing to teach and help you succeed. The people that work there and all good people and fun to work with.
Pros
good hours
Cons
pay
Bad communication No respect
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Wayne, MIJuly 6, 2014
This company has no respect for its drivers. They don't listen and don't care about any of their workers. The pay isn't bad but it's not worth it. We should have known by looking at their turn over rate but I want to warn you.
Great People; Very Stressful
Driver Manager (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 19, 2014
Rush is not a bad company to work. The people are great. The job itself is very stressful. Dealing with the automotive industry in general is stressful. No matter what is going on, when the plant wants their parts they have to have to have their parts. If your company cannot get those parts to them that makes your job that much harder
Pros
very flexible
Cons
long hours very little time for home life
Not my cup of tea.
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Romulus, MIMay 16, 2014
I was not going to life my life in a truck. I have too much going for me to settle for the life of a truck driver and I'm not putting anyone down if they like that. I just knew it wasn't for me.
Pros
i got to listen to a lot of music and talk on the phone all day.
Cons
lonely life style.
Rush Trucking is being left behind
Dedicated Relay Driver (Current Employee) –  Wayne, MIMay 3, 2014
Rush trucking's pay is too low. I make .36/mile, and that is only because I would not take the job for less. Normally, my route only pays .34/mile. The management is a mixed bag. The low level dispatchers are pretty good, but any high level operations management is horrible about getting back to you. I called this guy named Rick McDowell, who is a senior dispatcher, for 25 days in a row, leaving a message with my name and number each day. He never did get back to me until I called HR and had them apply pressure. I have to say that all of the people I have met are nice people, even Rick, when he calls back that is. Payroll has mad a large number of errors over the years, but they are much better now.
Pros
nice people and good equipment
Cons
low pay and poor opportunity availability
fast paste environment
Driver (Former Employee) –  Washington Park, ILFebruary 6, 2014
transporting product from one terminal to another ( Washington Park IL, to Spring Hill Tn.) Using an electronic driver logs. Management never their when needed. Co-worker help when haven question about anything. The hardest part was learning the job on your own. Enjoyable part was leaving the job before I lost my licenses
Pros
n/a
Cons
lack of knowledge given. been a local driver but haven to stay out over the road etc.
High turnover
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Wayne, MIJanuary 17, 2014
I agree with the other post. I was hired in and within a few weeks they said I wasn't getting the job and let me go. Part of the problem is that I kept getting told two different ways to do stuff. Bad traing and bad management.
Pros
good pay
Cons
bad training and high turnover

2.7