RUSH TRUCKING Employee Reviews

enjoyable and safety consonance employer
Company Driver - Solo - OTR (Former Employee) –  Wayne, MIApril 7, 2017
I would drive Co. semi to Bowling Green Oh. twice daily stating at 5am and usually home by 5:30 pm. Delivering auto parts for manufacture. Friends with all dispatchers and most Co. personal
Not a very good company to work for.
Driver CDL-A (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 15, 2017
Horrible work environment. Low compensation with no room for advancement. I would definitely rate this as one of my least favorite places to work based on staff alone.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Horrible Company to work for.
Would not work for them again.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 28, 2017
Dispatch has no idea of what it's like on the road .
Home time didn't matter their home every night
Pay is not that great . Pick up loads at shipper you might be there 4hours and they expect driver to make appointments.10 to 11 hours driving
ppl are great
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Wayne, MIFebruary 15, 2017
Great staff friendly drivers but they but the policies not really good .Easy to get fired they turn their back at you for small reason . I got terminated because of warning only warning
Pros
n/a
bad
great environment
TRUCK DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Wayne, MIFebruary 6, 2017
it was an ok place to work, it gave me the skills i needed to prepare me for something better i would recommend it for someone starting out in the trucking business
productive and fun workplace
Safety Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wayne, MIDecember 16, 2016
Safety Support Specialist
Strong understanding and commitment to FMCSA, CSA 2010 & DOT Regulations
Maintained Driver Electronic Logs
Provided operation and safety training
Monitor current log violations and work toward resolutions
Ensured drivers compliance DOT regulations regarding hours of service
Proficient Microsoft Office software
Easy Money if you Like routine.
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Wayne, MIDecember 15, 2016
Had the same run and did the same thing everyday working here. Would have liked if dispatch managers and higher ups would have communicated with drivers more.
Pros
Easy Money
Cons
Poor employee management relationship
Looking for a dedicated run
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  WaymeOctober 23, 2016
I am willing to give 100% of my ability to my job, to make sure
I get the job done right.
I am the type of person who will show up to work on time, to make sure everything is in order and safe.
I like to have clear communication with my management team and co-workers.
I like to manage my time correctly, so I can stay ahead of schedule.
Fun place
Driver Manager/ CSR/ Load Planner (Former Employee) –  Wayne, MIOctober 5, 2016
Good people to work with and for, long hours on a rotating schedule make balancing home life difficult. Strong CEO, very respectful and understanding.
Mostly steady contract freight.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Wayne, MIAugust 29, 2016
This is mostly dedicated contract freight going to the automobile assembly plants. Its normally steady however, they do have their layoffs. I've made up to forty thousand gross a year.
Pros
Driver appreciation day.
Cons
Slow during the winter.
long distance drives were hard, but great company
Driver/Delivery (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, KYAugust 12, 2016
Transporting Toyota parts thru Ohio, Indiana and Kentucky. Office staff was great,as were dispatchers. Very friendly work environment.
Great place to work.
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Wayne, MIJuly 22, 2016
I have a good experience working for Rush Trucking. They were good and fair to me in the local office. The office staff in the local office were friendly and were on-top of things.
Pros
Good people to work with in the local office.
Cons
Saftey department really sucked.
Ehhhh..pays the bills
Operation Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Wayne, MIJuly 8, 2016
The company office is so disorganized. Company is understaffed and inconsistent and management is inconsiderate in my opinion. Pay is decent ....environment is very relaxed. I don't see too many opportunities for growth. Just an OK place to work.
Horrible Company
CDL Driver (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 7, 2016
This company plays a lot of games with your pay and there is no organization what so ever. The work is not hard but the company is terrible to work for.
Pros
Easy Work
Cons
Pay is never correct
ok place to work
Diesel Technician (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXMarch 29, 2016
a typical work day was ok I my book. I learned a lot under the foreman I started with. management doesn't have your back they will throw you under the bus, and also with firer you over another companies word.co-workers were cool, but a lot of arguments. the hardest part of the job was no training. at first it was a fun place to work then it went down hill from that point on
Pros
good pay
Cons
managment, fighting with co-workers, back stabbing from managment and co-workers
Poorly managed out of date company
Owner operator (Former Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KY - Kansas City, MOMarch 10, 2016
Leased 3 trucks to Rush for dedicated automotive route. Would show up at plant only to find out the loads were cancelled that day. This was a repetitive problem. Poor dispatch. "Forget" to pay for certain days or trips. Get to drop and hook point on Friday night and have no trailer to return with until Sunday night or Monday morning. High turnover company. Very poor pay. I had my routes at 1.05 per mile plus a sub-standard industry fuel surcharge. Was underbid at .86 cents per mile.
Great place to be
TRUCK DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Wayne, MIFebruary 12, 2016
Work till job is done usually 6 hrs pay 180.00 Per day even if you worked 3 hrs loved this job worked 6 day a week at an average of 36b hrs plus 50 dpllars per stop which was 4 stops a day do the math .Mo money mo money
Pros
PAY
Cons
NOTHING
Trainee
Driver Trainee (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 14, 2015
Not a bad company if your an experienced driver have yet to find a trucking company that offers what Rush does. First they don't pay for orientation even though they said they do. They hold your first three pay checks so on the fourth week you'll receive your first check. The recruiter will tell you a position is open when you don't actually know till you get there.

As a trainee straight out of trucking school the management expects a lot from a new guy pretty hostile towards you throughout the process. Wouldn't recommend brand new people to attempt their training program. The trainers at least at the location I was at basically don't give real instructions basically either you know or you don't know is the way they explain it and blame and bash the trucking school you attend. The most horrible experience I've ever had at any job
Pros
Work Schedule
Cons
Trainers
Productive and fun work place
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Taylor, MINovember 14, 2015
Very good place to work for. Everyone there will try their best to make sure that you know that you are a part of a family and when you need help they will be there for you.
Do not work for Rush
Driver (Former Employee) –  Washington Park, ILOctober 1, 2015
Promised 5 days a week..barely got 3. Paychecks constantly messed up. No set schedule. Manager calls randomly to ask if you could work that day. No training aside from orientation in Kansas City. Slow nasty trucks...I could go on for days of everything wrong with this company.
Pros
Home daily
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RUSH TRUCKING. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9