Rush University Medical Center Employee Reviews

Good place to practice medicine.
Physician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 16, 2017
Very financially stable medical center with new facilities and hospital. Excellent benefits including employer matched 401K in addition to retirement account funded entirely by RUSH.
Pros
Stable job
Cons
Management varies dramatically between practices within system
Rush University
COMMERCIAL BILLING/COLLECTIONS FINANCE COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 15, 2017
I loved this hospital and would love to work here once again. I learned an abundance while I worked for this organization and have credited my recent position to the experience I have today.
Good place for entry level work
Emergency Room Patient Access Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 13, 2017
Overworked employees
No career advancement
Difficult to make lateral moves to different departments
Incompetent leadership
Unrealistic expectations
Good benefits
Becoming APP friendly
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 8, 2017
New director hired, attempting to change the culture
difficulty hiring and retaining staff

sometimes managerial support can be lacking.

Benefits are good
Excellent benefits
Environmental Technician (Current Employee) –  ChicagoJune 8, 2017
Rush Medical Center has many options for advancement in the medical field. Rush provides a comprehensive approach to medical research. Rush has an excellent nursing program.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Strict management for the betterment of the hospital
Medical Staff Office
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 31, 2017
Worked with Rush University Medical Center's in-house temporary support staff. The hospital provided coverage to staff who were either on vacation, sick or sabbatical leaves of absence.
Pros
Learning environment
Cons
Little flexibility
Good Place to Work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 31, 2017
As a staff nurse this is a great place to work. Its a prestigious institution and you work with the best in all fields. Nurses are treated with respect and pay is competitive.
Productive and diverse enviroment for patients
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 25, 2017
A typical day at work includes monitoring patients and assisting nurses with patient care. I learned to manage time between the care of patients. The workplace was very diverse; race, religion and personality. The hardest part was being able to remain calm and respectable at all times. I enjoyed helping patients.
ok
Patient Access Center Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 25, 2017
It was ok. you have to use pto for holidays. The people are nice, and the culture is great. the parking is not ideal. you have to pay for a spot in the garage.
Not applicable
System Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 24, 2017
I would rather not answer this question since there was a survey given while I worked there and was supposed to be confidential and yet my superiors received the information which caused an attack on myself and others.
Teaching Hospital
Critical Care Nurse (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 20, 2017
Its great for teaching and learning.
Research based expectations
Management can be out of the real world loop at times
Good Benefits package and time off.
Nice Culture
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 18, 2017
I like the leadership however, I have found it somewhat difficult to move into other roles unless you "know someone". Most positions require a Bachelors degree (which I have).
Excellent Place
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 17, 2017
Working for Rush was one a great place to work from the benefits to the pay to the work schedule, etc. The diverse group of people that you came into contact with was great.
Great Hospital
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 13, 2017
I loved working at this hospital. The nurses were extremely knowledgable, friendly, and professional. The patients knew they were at an excellent hospital and expected an excellent staff. I truly loved the atmosphere of working at Rush. There are many benefits if you are looking to advance or go to school on Rush's dime. The only down side is scheduling. (Tight scheduling) You work your schedule around other people.
Pros
Great staff, Great patients, Great location
Cons
Tight scheduling
Nice work environment
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 13, 2017
I am currently employed at Rush I enjoy my coworkers. Rush supplies everything we need to efficiently get the job done. I like the benefits here such as healthcare and our nurse managers are very professional.
Pros
New technology
Cons
Very high paced, stressful at times.
One of the best Chicago based Hospitals
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Walk in ClinicMay 12, 2017
I have worked for Rush for 3 years now, going on 4. As a medical assistant I can honestly say Rush has prepared me for advancing my career as a nurse. Staff is friendly, supportive and empathetic. I have a great manager who listens to my needs and makes me feel comfortable in expressing my opinion. I have learned so much from my staff, they have been Rush employees for 10+ years. They too owe their wisdom and education to Rush. It is a great learning environment as well as stepping stone when it comes to career advancement. I am happy with my pay, and my hours. I wish our benefits were a little bit more reasonable.
Pros
pay, magnet hospital, room for career advancement, perfection, great quality, and support, diverse environment
Cons
benefits are expensive, raises and bonuses should be issued accordingly
Environmental specialist
EVS Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 12, 2017
I enjoyed this place. Great organization. Was proud to work there as they saved lives each and every day. I was part of the team responsible for cleanliness and ensuring Rush was attractive to those visiting and staying there.
Pros
Loved working at Rush for atmosphere
Cons
Liked everything
Rush Univeristy
Central registration (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 9, 2017
A good place to work at just bad management and very rude upper staff employees. I think I would have liked working here more if my manager was more so open to change.
Pros
loved my co-wokers
Cons
managment
SW intern at In patient geriatric Psych at Rush
Social Work Intern (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 8, 2017
Provided social worker service to patients. Completed psychosocial assessments. Completed discharge planning. Reported at weekly team meeting. Learned to discern depression, dementia and/or delirium.

As a 2nd year SW placement learned how patients are cared for in a hospital setting.

Compensation/Benefits - did not apply
Job security/Advancement - did not apply
Management - did not apply

Workplace culture was welcoming and professional. They were used to working with student interns.

Hardest part of the job was only working 3 days/week. Made it difficult to develop a therapeutic relationship with individual patients.

Most enjoyable part of the job was learning about the patients and seeing them improve with the interventions implemented.
The pleasure of helping others
Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 6, 2017
I enjoyed collaborating with departmental personnel and other hospital staff to make sure that the patients received quality patient care. Working in a diverse community was great.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rush University Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Rush University Medical Center Reviews by Location