Rush University Medical Center

Rush University Medical Center United States Employee Reviews

Busy
Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMay 1, 2015
A tyical month at work the first 10 days are on closing the month for RUMC and ROPH working on revenue variance as well stats. The rest of the month is on Benchmarking data or reports.
AWESOME PLACE TO WORK!
PRN Staff Nurse II (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 29, 2015
Rush is awesome! Great pay, great nurse to patient ratio! Benefits are awesome as well including free tuition, 403B and pension! Wonderful company to work for.
Depends on the department
Project Coordinator (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 9, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Management
Very demanding place to work. Work-life balance can be quite difficult when you're given so much work. You must make sure you are not overloaded with work and that you are not taken advantage of.
Great Place to Work!
Emergency Room Patient Access Coordinator (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 3, 2015
If you are eager to learn new things you will and will advance within your area if you show leadership qualities. My coworkers were team players and there was never a dull moment and always something to learn.
Learning
ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES MANAGER (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 24, 2015
Pros: I was able to learn and it helped me to grow
Cons: Was a very large facility
I didn't know a lot of the positon when I first went to Rush, I learned the operations for the hospital from being at Rush for four years; This position prepared me to hold a long term Directors postion, and has helped me to land other positions witin organizations outside of Rush. This opsition helped to learn how to build relationships with the excutive team throughout the organization. This position helped me to build relationships with the staff that reported to me. I learned how a union enviorment worked and how be succeessful in an union hospital.
Large organization
Clinical Engineer (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 23, 2015
Rush University Medical Center is a great organization to work for overall. It has a large diverse staff that is friendly. My typical day involves conducting rounds for a significant portion of the time and completing work orders. Management is entrenched in its opinions and slow to adopt new practices.
Good Work Enviorment
Supply Chain Technician - Operating Room (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 23, 2015
I learned a lot about the medical field and how supply distribution works through out the hospital. Work was enjoyable and seeing surgeries was a plus.
great people
Departmental Trainer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 22, 2015
Overall the people are wonderful! Organizationally they need some work with the structure and layout of management. But they do a great job
great people
Departmental Trainer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 22, 2015
Poor Leadership
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 20, 2015
Pros: reputation (good to have on resume)
Cons: lack of vision and investment in resources, poor management/leaders
Poor managers remain in their positions, regardless of poor performance. Leadership does not have vision to really make it a leading edge institution related to cancer care. Their marketing and advertising is so good that people think they are coming to best for cancer care, but that's not the case.
A Top hospital in a competitive environment.
OR Attendant (Current Employee), Chicago, IlMarch 16, 2015
Work with a range of people over many departments, as with any large organization, some are more understanding than others.
Line Tech
Biomed Engineer II (Former Employee), ChicagoMarch 6, 2015
Pros: field servce
Cons: weather
Provided 24 hours, 7 days a week monitoring network operations. Duties included maintaining and installing various active and passive devices which included AC and DC power sources. Repairing leaks in accordance with FCC standards, Monitoring a voltage signal meter, level/reverse meter, and a leakage detector. Installed, maintained and repaired several types of cable both above and underground lines. Also has the duties of Q.C. (Quality Control) for the Western Area.
Great Place to work
Clinic Coordinator III (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 3, 2015
This is a great place to work with many expectations for you as an entry level employee. My coworkers are the greatest people in the entire world, but management could use some tweaking. The turn over rate for employees, specifically in my department is high.
Great place to work.
Computer Scanning Coordinator (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: n/a
Working at Rush University Medical Center was my first job that started me on my career path. When I began my career at Rush University I had no experience working in a Hospital and or Library. I worked longer hours & came in on weekend to learn the job skills needed.
Great for clinical people, not so much for administrative
Clinical Coordinator (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: as an employee you can see anyone within the rush system
Cons: red tape
While working at Rush, I learned that hospital/university systems are very, very different from the private sector. There are many rules and "red tape" that could hold you back from personal advancement. Also, the compensation is below the industry standard, and you work very, very hard.
Enjoyed taking care of and working with the elderly
MRI Research & Imaging Technologist (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 1, 2015
Compassionately listening to the elderly as they shared their pearls of wisdom while waiting to do their Functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging (FMRI) examination.
Environment to utilize and enhance your skills as well as learn new skills.
Administrative Director (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 1, 2015
Organization is highly political. I did learn a lot about the business of healthcare, which I am highly grateful, and about myself. I would work there again in the right position.
A great place to learn
Administrator Assistant Intern (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: flexibility, great lunch, nice people
Cons: busy, challenging
It is a great place to learn and gain experience from. Most people are really helpful and willing to assist you if you need anything as far as recommendations and referrals as long as you doing your job. Its a very positive and professional environment depending on your apartment. Interning here makes me really excited for my future and really makes you want to continue your education so that you are in the position for career advancement.
Good opportunity
Business Analyst (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 20, 2015
Management and career development were not great. Turnover in management put additional pressure for my role, at time unfair pressure.
Old Hospital, multitude of equipment, fast paced environment.
HVAC / Refrigeration / Technician (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: faced paced fun work environment
Cons: city and communte
Respond to patient care needs, complete PM's, diagnose and complete repairs. Due to a wide variety of equipment both in size and in age, I learned a lot, some equipment was so old parts need to be fabricated. Worked with high and low pressure steam, chilled water, DX system, VAV and fan power boxes. DDC, pneumatic and analog controls and BMS systems. Co-workers were great, hard working group of people. The hardest part of the job was, being in the city of Chicago and the commute.

1 2 3 4 5

About Rush University Medical Center

With its comprehensive health care offerings and multiple facilities, Rush System for Health is in a hurry to get Chicagoans hale – Read more

Rush University Medical Center Salaries