Rush University Medical Center

Rush University Medical Center Employer Reviews

Old Hospital, multitude of equipment, fast paced environment.
HVAC / Refrigeration / Technician (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: faced paced fun work environment
Cons: city and communte
Respond to patient care needs, complete PM's, diagnose and complete repairs. Due to a wide variety of equipment both in size and in age, I learned a lot, some equipment was so old parts need to be fabricated. Worked with high and low pressure steam, chilled water, DX system, VAV and fan power boxes. DDC, pneumatic and analog controls and BMS systems. Co-workers were great, hard working group of people. The hardest part of the job was, being in the city of Chicago and the commute.
ok
Computer Technician (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 19, 2015
They were a ok company to work for. they have a good atmosphere to work in.
Excellent place to work
Research Study Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: flexible scheduling, benefits, healthcare
One of Chicago's premier health institutions, they've recently expanded their campus and many more improvements to the IMD footprint. Convenient transportation options, overall excellent place to work.
Productive and Fun Work Place
Research Assistant (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: great work hour, real leaders and meaningful networking opportunities
Cons: only an internship
Client interaction, fun activities to promote wellness like dance lessons and yoga. Fun work projects, and a strong emphasis on research
Responsible, accountable and very productive, and able to multitask.
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: patients are happy, understand the clinics policies, and pay their balances and co-payments at the time of service
Cons: not seeing patients handled with the utmost respect, or best cutomer service.
A typical day of work, very busy and productive, always improving customer skills, ensuring that patients are welcome and feel as they are at home.

Management, my direct reports have the utmost respect for patients, their coworkers and management and it is mutual. Daily tasks are organized and completed to the best of their ability. If questions or doubts, questions will be asked.

My daily tasks and meetings are organized, and don't have any part of the job to be difficult.

The most enjoyable part of my job is ensuring that our patients leave the practice as a happy customer.
Student work
Research Associate (Current Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 20, 2014
I have learned quite a bit working with the professionals here.
Payment Account Specialist (Former Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 19, 2014
Very busy and fun place to work for must post 650 transactions a day I would post about 1500 a day or more.
Good Environment
Cashier (Former Employee), ChicagoDecember 17, 2014
Overall working for Rush was a great experience it gives you the opportunity to move up and to learn so many new things it was a good environment and the people are fun to work with
Rush University Medical Center
Schedule Coordinator (Former Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 14, 2014
Pros: great benefits, parking reasonably priced, nice facility.
Cons: short lunch, sometimes no breaks, no employee protection, little room for advancement
Healthcare is a very fast paced environment. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping patients. My co-workers and I have a great relationship and I enjoyed working with them everyday. We are away from our families and loved ones for 8-13 hours a day so, I have learned that it is important to love what you do and love who you work with. My department was recently restructured and we received all new management. The hardest part of my work day was dealing with irate patients. I always made every effort to defuse the situation which would bring me to the best part of my work day, having an irate patient turn from dissatisfied to very satisfied. I enjoyed making patients feel that their needs where just as import as if they were my own personal needs.
More with less is their model...
Information Systems (Current Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 8, 2014
Pros: coworkers, easy to get to, flexible
Cons: management, moving within the company, compensation.
Worked on ticketed system and any additional projects giving. Average of 10 to 11 tickets a day mandatory. Management not the greatest, SOME are disrespectful, puts you down, and does not motivate you. They would keep you in the position that they want you in, this came from one of IS management himself. Interned for 3 yrs and had to fight for position....
Interesting environment
Service Coordinator (Current Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 5, 2014
Pros: holidays
Cons: compensation
Working for the Wheaton Eye clinic is a wonderful experience. The contact lens department is a smaller department within that you experience a close work relationship with your fellow employees.
Productive and enjoyable facility to work at, great benefits, team-atmosphere
RN - Neurosciences ICU (Former Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 25, 2014
I enjoyed my time in this job - a great team of RNs, good hours, advancement and leadership opportunities, management that tried to do what was best for the team, and excellent educational benefits. Every member of the interdisciplinary team seemed to work well together overall and everyone desired to learn - just an amazing culture to work in.
Lots to do
Weekend Occupational Therapist, Acute Medicine (Former Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 23, 2014
Great services for a variety of patients and working environment with other professionals
Productive and fun place to work
Women's Health Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 3, 2014
I learned a great deal about ob/gyne adolescent care. The hardest part about my job was the complicated obstetric cases that I received and not having much clinical support,
Stressful
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 24, 2014
Rush is a stressful environment. You constantly work short staffed and are still expected to go above and beyond your job requirements.
very good place to work.
Retired (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 20, 2014
Pros: good benefits, and my fellow co-workers made even the busist day tolerable.
Cons: some days were very busy from start to finish.
This job was a interesting place to work, because of the different races of people. You can learn about different cultures, incentives are offered , which can make an employee feel appreciated. my job was not hard, but interested because you never know what will happen, or who you will meet on a daily basis.
Enjoyable work environment
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 17, 2014
Great supportive staff as well as the patients. Pateients love me.
Great work environment
Level II Research Technician (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 16, 2014
As my first job in research I had a excellent experience working with my boss. I learned to work in a team as well as independently. Although, at times work got a bit overwhelming there was always encouragement and guidance along the way.
Work for the Hospital and not the University
Administrative (Former Employee), Student LifeOctober 6, 2014
Pros: location
Cons: culture, parking expensive
The hospital has the ICARE values for sure; however if you work on the educational (University) side those values are not expressed with the students nor the employees. If you want to work for the University be ready for poor management, disrespect, micro-managed, and treated like a bum on the street the University is the place to go. The hospital is the complete opposite.
Call Center Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: free lunches, flex time
Cons: benefits
Regret that I had to leave. Fun, great place to work. Managers were great.

1 2 3 4 5

About Rush University Medical Center

With its comprehensive health care offerings and multiple facilities, Rush System for Health is in a hurry to get Chicagoans hale – Read more

Rush University Medical Center Photos