Rush University Medical Center Employee Reviews

Productive place to work
Unit Clerk (Current Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 19, 2015
It is a very fast paced environment. Very critical and precise work that has to be down. Great patients , wonderful visitor interaction. Most enjoyable part of the job is helping people.
I love my job
Registered Nurse on a Medical Intensive Care Unit (Current Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 13, 2015
Its a challenging work environment overall. However, I love my coworkers, support from management, and physicians. We have great teamwork and provide excellent care to the patients who come to Rush.
Making positive changes for the good of the pateint experience!
Director ROPH Billing & Collections & Refunds (Current Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 11, 2015
Pros: Autonomy to make decisions, good work/life balance, great benefits and flex time/ability to work from home on ocassion.
Cons: Overlapping meetings, trying to be two places at once, and the cost of parking was a bit expensive. Employee engagement could have been higher.
Overall a typical workday included putting out small fires, attending several meetings and managing the staff while having a major project due at the same time. The hardest part about the job was having enough time to work on all of my deliverables but with some time management skills and a little extra time spent at work, it was completed. I have to say not a day went by where I had not learned something new which was also quite enjoyable. The staff and mid-management teams are great. My peers were very supportive and ccollaborative.
Exciting Place To Work
Registration (Current Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 11, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Parking and no room for advancement as promised
Rush is a great place to work for but when it comes to wanting to advance in the workplace it takes forever just for them to review your application for a different department.
Collection Account Coordinator (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 10, 2015
Rush University Medical Center affords an opportunity for growth in a fast paced environment. I enjoyed working with various healthcare professionals, as well as a diverse population of patients.
HEALTH INFORMATION MANAGEMENT CODER (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 10, 2015
Pros: individual case you have is different research and learn a lot.
Cons: long hours
Assigned diagnoses and procedures using ICD-9CM and CPT-4 Codes. Met Productivity standards. Kept current with reading appropriate publications. Notified my coding manager of any trends or problems that affect my ability to meet the hospital post discharge coding time.
Slow to no advancemnet
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 7, 2015
I Worked there for almost a year and was not trained in any speciality area. You start as a delivery tech. You will load a cart of medication and delivery it to the floors. No morning shift available.
Growth Opportunities
Sleep Technician (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 6, 2015
At Rush there are many growth opportunities. It is a great institute to work for. You can learn and accomplish many things at Rush. Rush encourages you to extend your education and offers great pay and benefits while you reach you goal.
poor management
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 3, 2015
no advancement In the lab the environment is very friendly for its size. there should be a union in place because of management unfair treatment
RA
Research Assistant (Current Employee), chicagoJuly 29, 2015
Great place to work. Good experience for someone new in the field. Wonderful place to find good mentors. Great place to conduct research. Research is always on the forefront. Good job stability and benefits. Easy commute if you leave in Chicago. Rush has their own bus that will pick you up by the train station.
Productive and educational workplace
Ph.D Candidate (Biochemistry) (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 23, 2015
Nice place to work overall. Helpful coworkers and ease of access to few of the latest technologies. But there's still room for improving the infrastructure and technical support.
enjoyed working there at the time
Utilization Review Technician (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 17, 2015
This position was over 20 years ago. Relaying day to day activity would not reflect today's climate. Technology alone has advanced so much I am not sure how to compare nor do I feel a memory from that long ago would be relevant.
Very fun place to work
Perinatal Department - Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 14, 2015
Loved working at this place. Very energetic and very supportive team. Very supportive manager and team of employees. Having a good support system is very important while working for this organization
I really loved my job at Rush Universit Medical Center
RN Clinical Coordinator (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 8, 2015
I really enjoyed the collegial environment at Rush University Medical Center. The staff is very professional. I loved my schedule and the environment.
micro management
coordinator (Former Employee), rumcJuly 4, 2015
Pros: pay check
Cons: micro management, lack of respect for staff
You literally are watched from the time you walk in the door. Not given the tools needed to do your job treated like a child working your first job. Promised work at home then told no not happening.
My Review
Food Service Assistant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 26, 2015
Overall it is a nice place to work. Great customers and atmosphere. Great hours and efficient training. The ability to cross train is great as well.
I love working with the people
Medical Biller and Coder (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 23, 2015
Pros: The people
Cons: The destination and the pay
For where I worked and what I did on a day-to-day basis, I wasn't paid nearly enough. The fact that mt position was cut, gives me some relief that I won't have to travel to the West Side of Chicago again!
Very relaxed and positive workplace
Volunteer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 17, 2015
Pros: Volunteer appreciation parties every week, free first aid kits, and free sanitary kits.
Cons: N/A
A typical day for me at Rush University Medical Center would include: clocking in at 4:00 pm, dropping my belongings off at my locker, changing into my uniform jacket, and fulfilling request for either patients or a nurse/doctor. Request could include anything to delivering flowers to a patient's room to delivering blood to the blood bank . At the end of the day, I would clock out. I've learn that patience is very important when dealing with the public. My supervisor had great communication and she had specificity when it came to direction . My co-workers were easy to work with. They all were positive and hard workers. The hardest part of the job was always being around sick people. When interacting with patients, it was extremely important to remembered to wash my hands frequently, keep my hands away from my face, and wear gloves. The most enjoyable part of the job was the fact that you're making someones day by helping them.
It was fun , great co-workers
Supply Chain Tech1 (Former Employee), Chicago ILJune 15, 2015
Pros: hour lunch
Cons: did not work in air condition
A typical day at Rush consist of filling orders. I have learned that no matter how hard you work, all work is not appreciated. Great bunch of co-workers .Made good friends through my experience at Rush. I would say that the hardest part of the job was knowing that my boss did not like me , but still had to put on a smile. The most enjoyable part was payday. All in all it was a good experience.
Reputable, regional hospital
Counselor (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 14, 2015
RUMC is a large, not-for-profit hospital with many specialties with both diverse patient and employee bases. Long term, professional success and upward mobility are contingent upon assimilating RUMC's corporate culture. If you desire to work in an urban setting with a diverse patient base, this is a good opportunity.
Headquarters