Rushford Employee Reviews

A lot of behavioral health services but focus on business bigger than on clients
Manager (Current Employee) –  Middletown, CTJanuary 16, 2017
There are many behavioral health services that Rushford offers to clients and there is definitely growth and integration of best practices but emphasis on making money sometimes outweighs program integrity and client experience. Lot of turnover, good place to get your feet wet, learn as much as you can and move on
Great place
Manager, Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Meriden, CTDecember 23, 2016
Great place to work. I was given all of the tools needed to be successful and drive desired results. My biggest challenge is the company does not have competitive pay rates.
Very Fullfuilling Job
Clinician (Former Employee) –  MiddJanuary 7, 2017
I loved this Job. I worked directly with clients suffering from addiction. I facilitated education and therapy groups as well as individual counseling.
This company was in transition so it was a difficult time when I was employed there.
Therapist II (Former Employee) –  Meriden, CTAugust 11, 2016
The transitions the company made has allowed them to outreach more patients and provide a wider range of comprehensive care. There offered many trainings where I was able to obtain certifications in the field.
Don't work here
Clinician (Former Employee) –  Middletown, CTJune 18, 2016
If I could give certain areas a zero, I would. Some of the clinicians care greatly for the clients, but the management overwhelms them and they leave, leaving those that are inadequate. Management will use you until you are drained and push you out. Avoid working at Rushford,you will regret it.
Pros
Time off
Social Worker
Clinician III (Current Employee) –  Meriden, CTApril 3, 2016
High expectations, little time to do your work, focus on productivity, management given no training, expected to do work from home. Clients can be rewarding to deal with. Morale is very low. High turnover.
Pros
Great working with clients.
Cons
See above!
Its a nicce place for people to get the help they need.
House Manger (Former Employee) –  Middletown, CTNovember 9, 2015
Its not a bad place its just the people who you meet are hard to deal with being that most of them come off the streets. over all its a good place to get your life back.
Pros
Good stories you hear from the ones you are helping.
Cons
sad what people will do for drugs.
Poor management, high stress and short benefits
Senior clinician. (Current Employee) –  Meriden/MiddletownJune 23, 2015
Management is poorly trained and very secretive while expecting staff to be transparent and accepting of ridiculous demands, like running across state to cover another department and getting criticized for not knowing that office's procedures and data base. VP of adiction services is a simple minded bully with little insight as to why so many clinicians choose to leave Rushford for better pay and sanity. The final nail in the coffin is when you do leave you've cut loose like you did something wrong for going for a living wage.
Pros
Mission
Cons
Poor management, low pay, and crazy demands
Not a good place to work
Clinical (Current Employee) –  Meriden, CTAugust 14, 2014
Upper management will retain managers who are incompetent, bullies who get results. Shameful health benefits for a Hartford Health Care entity. You are micromanaged to death, and bosses will steal your ideas and claim them as your own. The norm for the company is to recognize a major problem or flaw, and wait for something bad to happen before addressing it. You'll spend your day doing the work of another department, and providing coverage to other departments who won't do the same in return. They encourage you to challenge the status quo, and when you do, your boss will retaliate.
Pros
Six Weeks Vacation
Cons
Good Luck Getting Any Days Off Approved/Micromanaged
Very good employees in non-progressive, staid environment.
Clinician (Current Employee) –  Clinician in outpatient substance abuse settingJune 1, 2011
Primary goal is to provide substance abuse and mental health services in a not for profit setting. Revolving door of clients as services are not comprehensive enough/current enough to truly address issues clients bring to the facility. This culture ensures a steady supply of returning clients.

If you have other options for employment, use them.
Pros
very dedicated employees
Cons
management team is entrenched non-progressive., management resistant to real change., stuck in the 70's
Gives Mental health community a place to go and be treated with respect. Great place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Meriden, CTDecember 21, 2013
First initial contact with clients-complete initial paper work, collect insurance info & verify benefits, schedule appointments-sign in clients for groups, collect copays - balance cash collected and drop in safe, Learned more about dealing with clients- management ok. Learned to verify insurance and used scheduling software, Co-workers work together as a team. Hardest part of job getting in contact with insurance companies (kept on hold forever).
Most enjoyable working with clinicians and clients.
Pros
Cons
Breaks are hard to take during busy times
trying to move forward as a respected treatment facility but movement is slow
clinician (Former Employee) –  meridenFebruary 15, 2013
Rushford is a dinosaur in mental health and addiction care, great people but poor evidence based treatment and poor leadership. Services are very limited and motivation to help those that need it isn't great. The potential is there but incentives are needed to really launch this place into a center of excellence.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
poor leadership, lack of financial resources
Fun and productive work enviroment.
Utilization Manager/Staff & Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Middletown, CTNovember 9, 2013
Currently I medicate up to 42 clients twice daily. I assist with their substance abuse recovery from a medical stand point. I work in conjunction with the doctors and the clinical staff to provide a well rounded recovery experience.
The hardest part of my job is losing a client to an overdose. it has been a rough year, lost several clients.....
My co-workers are a proud team made up of people from all walks of life. Some are in recovery and some are not. We are like a family.
The most enjoyable part of my job is when something clicks and a client starts enjoying life drug and or alcohol free! They get their life back!!!
Pros
emotionally draining
Cons
Clients making good life choices and being a part of that.
enjoyment of teaching new things
Lead Case Manager/ Lead Mental Health Worker (Current Employee) –  Meriden CtFebruary 17, 2013
Greet Clients, work on life skills and goals with Clients, attend meetings if scheduled. The hardest part is saying good bye to the Clients when they move on. The most enjoyable is watching a Client success.
Pros
rushford give employees the chance to move up in the company, and not just by education but by work exspearence.
What I Learned
Clinician II, Addiction Services (Former Employee) –  Middletown, CTAugust 25, 2012
This job allowed me the opportunity to further my knowledge on substance abuse and mental health (co-occuring). I had the chance to work with detox facility, education/therapy groups and the staff psychologist. It provided me a well rounded experience
Pros
the schedule is pretty flexible
Cons
lack of team cohesiveness
Positive work environment and culture
Internship (Former Employee) –  Meriden / MiddletownSeptember 24, 2015
Run both educational and clinical groups on a daily basis.
Perform assessments and intake for new clients.
Provided personal counseling.
Pros
learned a lot about the topic
Cons
No breaks
Overall okay workplace
Mental Health Worker (Current Employee) –  Meriden, CTJanuary 15, 2013
Since I work third shift, a typical night at work would consist of household chores and monitoring clients while they sleep. My coworkers are great and the brief interaction with the clients are great too.
Pros
limited responsibilities due to third shift.
Cons
lacks leadership and communication
Hispanic Unit
Clinician III (Former Employee) –  Meriden, CTMay 14, 2014
Intensive Ouptatient programs, other groups surrounding issues of substance abuse, Mental Illness and medication managemet, assessments and individual therapy. Network with outside providers.
Pros
benefits, hours
Cons
N/A
Poor communication with employess by management
Customer Service Rep/Administrative Asst (Current Employee) –  Glastonbury, CTOctober 17, 2012
Great Company, but location where I am currently working manager is not nice and her tone of voice is very aggresive
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
short lunch break
Great job
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Middletown, CTMarch 23, 2014
I love my job at Rushford. I love helping people with addiction problems and love to help clients overcome their disease.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rushford. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9