Rushford

Rushford Employer Reviews

Great co-workers
Financial Counselor/CSSD Liaison (Current Employee), Middletown, CTJune 13, 2014
Many initiatives to strengthen relationships with internal customers.
Hispanic Unit
Clinician III (Former Employee), Meriden, CTMay 14, 2014
Pros: benefits, hours
Cons: n/a
Intensive Ouptatient programs, other groups surrounding issues of substance abuse, Mental Illness and medication managemet, assessments and individual therapy. Network with outside providers.
Great job
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Middletown, CTMarch 23, 2014
I love my job at Rushford. I love helping people with addiction problems and love to help clients overcome their disease.
Gives Mental health community a place to go and be treated with respect. Great place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Meriden, CTDecember 21, 2013
Pros: great place to work
Cons: breaks are hard to take during busy times
First initial contact with clients-complete initial paper work, collect insurance info & verify benefits, schedule appointments-sign in clients for groups, collect copays - balance cash collected and drop in safe, Learned more about dealing with clients- management ok. Learned to verify insurance and used scheduling software, Co-workers work together as a team. Hardest part of job getting in contact with insurance companies (kept on hold forever).
Most enjoyable working with clinicians and clients.
Fun and productive work enviroment.
Utilization Manager/Staff & Charge Nurse (Current Employee), Middletown, CTNovember 9, 2013
Pros: emotionally draining
Cons: clients making good life choices and being a part of that.
Currently I medicate up to 42 clients twice daily. I assist with their substance abuse recovery from a medical stand point. I work in conjunction with the doctors and the clinical staff to provide a well rounded recovery experience.
The hardest part of my job is losing a client to an overdose. it has been a rough year, lost several clients.....
My co-workers are a proud team made up of people from all walks of life. Some are in recovery and some are not. We are like a family.
The most enjoyable part of my job is when something clicks and a client starts enjoying life drug and or alcohol free! They get their life back!!!
Job not a career
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee), Middletown, CTAugust 6, 2013
Rushford does not have a good staff structure, new rules are being made without proper orientation.
enjoyment of teaching new things
Lead Case Manager/ Lead Mental Health Worker (Current Employee), Meriden CtFebruary 17, 2013
Pros: rushford give employees the chance to move up in the company, and not just by education but by work exspearence.
Greet Clients, work on life skills and goals with Clients, attend meetings if scheduled. The hardest part is saying good bye to the Clients when they move on. The most enjoyable is watching a Client success.
trying to move forward as a respected treatment facility but movement is slow
clinician (Former Employee), meridenFebruary 15, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: poor leadership, lack of financial resources
Rushford is a dinosaur in mental health and addiction care, great people but poor evidence based treatment and poor leadership. Services are very limited and motivation to help those that need it isn't great. The potential is there but incentives are needed to really launch this place into a center of excellence.
Overall okay workplace
Mental Health Worker (Current Employee), Meriden, CTJanuary 15, 2013
Pros: limited responsibilities due to third shift.
Cons: lacks leadership and communication
Since I work third shift, a typical night at work would consist of household chores and monitoring clients while they sleep. My coworkers are great and the brief interaction with the clients are great too.
Poor communication with employess by management
Customer Service Rep/Administrative Asst (Current Employee), Glastonbury, CTOctober 17, 2012
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: short lunch break
Great Company, but location where I am currently working manager is not nice and her tone of voice is very aggresive
What I Learned
Clinician II, Addiction Services (Former Employee), Middletown, CTAugust 25, 2012
Pros: the schedule is pretty flexible
Cons: lack of team cohesiveness
This job allowed me the opportunity to further my knowledge on substance abuse and mental health (co-occuring). I had the chance to work with detox facility, education/therapy groups and the staff psychologist. It provided me a well rounded experience
Very good employees in non-progressive, staid environment.
Clinician (Current Employee), Clinician in outpatient substance abuse settingJune 1, 2011
Pros: very dedicated employees
Cons: management team is entrenched non-progressive., management resistant to real change., stuck in the 70's
Primary goal is to provide substance abuse and mental health services in a not for profit setting. Revolving door of clients as services are not comprehensive enough/current enough to truly address issues clients bring to the facility. This culture ensures a steady supply of returning clients.

If you have other options for employment, use them.