Russell Cellular

Russell Cellular Employer Reviews

Great place to work at
Wireless Specialist (Former Employee), Fountain, COJanuary 15, 2015
Management an upper management made it a great place to work by environment an goals set each month would recommend anyone to work there
Russell
Store Manager (Former Employee), Columbus, OHNovember 10, 2014
Company needs to grow more with the employees and value the employee more. There are room for growth in knowledge of the company and employees.
Fun
Wireless Sales Representative (Current Employee), Freeburg, ILOctober 27, 2014
Great management.
Great chance of development and growth.
Each day is enjoyable.
Fast paced job with great sales opportunity.
indirect sales agent (Current Employee), Ava, MOSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: extra commission, meeting customers.
Cons: short lunches
I suggestively sell to every customer that walks through the door, then make my daily outbound calls, and write down the list of opportunities that might come into the store. I like the chance of meeting more and more customers every day, and having a good chance of making extra money from commission. The hardest part is battling my employees for customers because i get along with them well so it becomes a challenge.
Friendly People
Sale Representative (Former Employee), Wynne, ARAugust 26, 2014
The girls that work in there are fun to be around and very friendly.
Productive and fun place to work.
Wireless Sales Rep (Former Employee), Wynne, ARAugust 12, 2014
Enjoyed helping customer learn easier ways to operate electronic devices.
Store Manager (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARJuly 31, 2014
Verizon is a great phone company to work for. Great phone service.
Easygoing but Unproductive
Wireless Sales Representative (Former Employee), Midland, TXMay 7, 2014
Pros: employee discounts, great leadership, and contests from samsung
Cons: lack of business, after hours nusiances.
All in all an easy company to work for, but constant updates via social media and mobile media were annoying.

There was also no local advertising or any way to generate new customers (an therefore higher commissions) except by word of mouth. As there were 11 local competitors under the Verizon brand within 9 miles there was really nothing to set our location apart.

Constant shortages on certain devices and accessories also took away key sale (and therefore commission) opportunities.
Great place to ineract with customers
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARMay 6, 2014
Pros: ineracting with customers
Cons: slow pace enviorment
• Responsible for driving revenue by helping develop the proper skills to sale accessories and new lines of service
• Responsible for inventory counts daily and monthly
• Role play with sales reps to train on new products to increase productivity
• Coaching reps to make sure they are identifying customer needs
• Handle customer complaints
Run Away
Store Manager (Former Employee), IllinoisApril 18, 2014
Pros: you may not see your boss very much
Cons: zero respect for employees
Possibly a good stepping stone but nothing more. They have a history of not promoting from within their current ranks so don't expect it one bit. The pay is terrible and they are going through some growing pains and are trying to squeeze every last dollar out of their employees at the moment. Don't accept a location that is not near a major city. All stores have the same expectations for sales no matter how unrealistic they might be for your location.
Career Experience
Store Manager (Former Employee), Hillsdale, MIMarch 7, 2014
This company gave me the opportunity to gave experience in my field of study, as well as working with great customer and gaining the knowledge of an ever changing technology.
Wireless Sales Rep
Wireless Sales Representative (Former Employee), Paris, TexasFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: the company
Cons: commission based sales
A typical day is getting numerous unhappy customers in a day. Working for a cell phone company is very challenging, because you have to sell all kinds of things, that you might not believe is the right thing. In this economy it's very hard to get somebody to sign a 2 year contract for a $100 dollar a month bill for ONE PHONE. That was one of the hardest parts of the job.

One of the positives is that once you sell something to a customer they are more likely to come back to you for the rest of their services, so all in all you gain customers for life, and you gain their trust.

The company I worked for was AMAZING! They always treated me like family. They made sure that we did our jobs, but we also had time to spend with our family as well.
nice workplace and great learning opportunities
Store Manager (Current Employee), Litchfield, ILSeptember 20, 2013
Pros: learning the new devices before customers
Cons: working alone all day
a typical day here is helping customers with their devices and getting them into the right device based off what they need ...the staff here is great to work with ...the hardest part is getting new customers in the store but we do the best with what we have .... the best thing I like about this job is being the one to satisfy the customer and making them feel welcome and comfortable in the store...management here is great they are very helpful and want you to succeed.
Great place to work to learn working with Customer Service Skills and Sales
Sales agent (Current Employee), Fort Smith, ARSeptember 15, 2013
Pros: working with customers
Cons: short breaks, only two agents
There are only two agents working at this location during this time. We are responsible to open, close, and manage the location every day during the week and also Saturdays. A typical day working with Russell Cellular consists of doing inventory, taking all incoming shipments and getting them into the computer, and also helping each customer that walks through the door. We deal with customers billing questions, problems with phones or products, selling customers new phones (or cable/internet), keeping the work place clean, and also all inventory. The days can be very stressful with only two of us working but we manage our customers very well and create a great bond with them. Everyday tends to keep me busy and requires the ability to multi-task and great customer service skills.
RUN!!!!!
Wireless Sales Associate (Former Employee), Neosho, MOAugust 22, 2013
These people are liars and cheats. If you value your time and life, don't go work there.
Nice work environment,
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Texarkana, TXJune 13, 2013
You meet different types a people all day. You will learn to be patient with customers and treat everyone with respect. Most of the managers were very easy to get along with and would help you whenever you asked.
Okay.. Just okay
Wireless Sales Representative (Current Employee), Granbury, TXJune 2, 2013
Pros: you get to work with customers
Cons: low pay, management, they don't give you the tools needed to succeed
The company is a good company to work for if you're a GREAT salesperson. They do not train the way they should. They give you two weeks and then it's sink or swim at that point. The inventory control is not up to par. They carry Otterbox and then just basic snap on shells that look like they are from China. They expect you to hit unrealistic numbers with junk they have for accessories. And also they make you sell their insurance.. which is a joke..

If you're looking to work in the Telecom field in indirect.. look for another company.
Great palce to work, just no room for advancement
Store Manager (Current Employee), Independence, KSMay 27, 2013
Pros: great mangers and co-workers
Cons: benefits and advancement
overall great place to work, but the benefits are not good and there is really no room for advancement with them being an indirect agent.
Overall good place to work
Store Manager (Current Employee), Tahlequah, OKMay 26, 2013
Pros: great boss
Cons: pay
Great boss and support. Customer service is above average and coworkers are pleasant.
Wireless sales
Wireless Sales Representative (Current Employee), Mount Pleasant, MIMay 10, 2013
get the store ready for customers, look at the latest emails. Count inventory. cash count and them print it off.
I have helped with coaching and training multiple employees