Russell Cellular Employee Reviews in United States

No management on site
Wireless Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Hillsdale, MIMay 5, 2016
no management on site. The store isn't busy enough to stay open. Cant seem to keep employees due to lack of management, no job security, not enough business, not understanding of employees personal life. Little cellular sister store in a small town with not enough business. Already have another verizon store in Hillsdale with an at&t store as well. Doesn't need to be in Hillsdale MI
Pros
Cons
low pay
Not set up for success
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Aubrey, TXApril 10, 2016
I haven't Been with the company that long but I regret working for them! They give you a quota which is not something you can not reach! They give you no real training just modules or things on the computer!!! You are not set up for success they don't care that you don't know anything about phones or their rate plans!! They are a joke!!!
Pros
Umm none!!
Cons
No training!! They don't care about you! They just want to keep the doors open!!
Terrible Employers
Wireless Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Wylie, TXMarch 28, 2016
This is a terrible company to work for, and I do not recommend it for anyone. The schedule changes from week to week, they expect you to make unreachable sales goals on a daily bases. They require you to use your own gas and vehicle to deliver flyers around various neighborhoods. They also require you to clock out and then drive out of your way to the bank to make a deposit daily.
Pros
no pros
Cons
very little breaks allowed, long hours, low pay
No Job Security, Lousy Pay
Salaried Store Manager (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaApril 27, 2016
The company has a horrible pay and commission structure. If you are close with your manager or district manager you get away with EVERYTHING. However, if you are not then the littlest thing you do you get written up for or in my case demoted. I was demoted and transferred 30 min. away for a under performing store, yet I had one employee. Usually I ran the store by myself! One month I pulled in over 250 hours because they "couldn't find coverage". When I was demoted they gave a 4 day notice to find a new babysitter (current one couldn't accommodate my new hours), even though they had known about it for 2 weeks. The reason they held out so long is because they wanted me to train my replacement without me knowing. When I tried to put my two weeks notice in they decided to terminate me the next day instead and take my commission.
Pros
Employee discounts
Cons
pay, hours
Productive and friendly enviroment
Verizon Wireless Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 14, 2016
I learned excellent customer service skills as well as the knowledge of technology. management is good, they care and take care about there employees. co workers are friendly and work well as a team. the hardest part really are making phone calls and being able to get a customer in the store.
Pros
people are great
Cons
hard to move up
this company is adding stores and taking away pay, which makes no sense
Wireless Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCApril 22, 2016
Overall I think this company is a good look on a resume but a harsh company to work for. Hey don't care about employees and don't mind to cut commission in half and raise the goals which are already unrealistic.
Cons
short staffed, under paid, and over worked!
Not Challenging Enough
Wireless Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  West Branch, MIFebruary 11, 2016
The work environment was excellent, and I couldn't have asked for a better immediate management. However, the work became mundane very quickly and the management above store level constantly pushed the quota well above the actual goals. I enjoyed the challenge at first, however, the recognition was insignificant and the store morale quickly suffered.
Honestly i love my job and i have fun doing it
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LAFebruary 12, 2016
The job itself is quite easy..SALE SALE SALE. Sometimes you may deal with upset customers, bill pays, and do troubleshooting on devices. The pay is ok but i really wish they would go up on base pay or either increase commissioned pay. My store manager, district manager, and indirect account manager is cool. You have to make the best out of every customer you get because you have to remember that not everyone who walks in is actually coming to buy. I love the fact of meeting new people and i get a rush everytime i close a sale. Pay is every 2 weeks. On a good check i grossed about $1,300 and regularly i gross about $800-$900. My base pay is $8.00hr plus commission on top of that. So if you dont make alot of sales then your check wont be much.
Pros
Laid back, obtainable numbers
Cons
No benefits, pay is ok, poor walkin traffic, you have to create customers
Worst Job ever
wireless sales rep (Former Employee) –  Weaverville, NCNovember 10, 2015
Unrealistic expectations, customer base is just not there for the company exceptions and requirements. The manager at the location i worked for has to travel from another state and still only averages out to making ten dollars an hour which is ridiculous in my opinion considering he drives from another state and runs a store with only one other employee since ive been gone from there.
I don't think the company recognizes is hard working employees who try to make the sales they'e asked to make enough.
I would never work for this company again, and i do not recommend it at all. they dont care about their employees at all.
Pros
customers
Cons
the company its self.
Fair
Store Manager/Sales (Former Employee) –  Cadillac, MIDecember 13, 2015
The company was fun to work for, but upper management from district manager on up are out for only themselves. When things went wrong, the blame was handed down to lower employees. each management member, would lie to make themselves look good.
Pros
decent money
Cons
no support

Want to know more about Russell Cellular?

Ask a question
Its a good in between job
Wireless Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  TexasApril 15, 2016
This is a good in between jobs, job. If your looking for a career this is not the company for you at all. The company could care less about you, because the turn over rate is so high. So there is always new employees, it is very rare that anyone is there over a year. That's speaking for the DSM down to the sales representative. This is also a place that you walk into work everyday not knowing if you will be fired or not for not hitting the unrealistic sales goals that they set for you. During the holidays expect to be told to go pass would flyers, and use your own vehicle. Any marketing you think of for your store will be turned down, but at the same time if you don't hit the goal for the month you will have a write up. You are never given the tools to help you sale, just told you need to sale to very one that walks into the store. If you don't sale that person something than you are wrong even if they have a question about thier bill, you need to sale them something. If you are hired as a sales representative expect to stay in the position as long as you work there. Now this is my experience in one district in Texas, a lot of this depends on your management.
Terrible company to work for don't waste your time
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Mifflinburg, PAMarch 4, 2016
I m gonna make a long story short this is the worst company I have ever worked for struggle in all levels very bad compensation (hourly rate is very low) commission is terrible never got a store Bonus even tho every sales consultant hit their monthly selling goal,they charge you back commission and take it out of your paycheck when ever they want and without a notice, struggled with staff for a long time bc the company doesn't offer a competitive pay so nobody was interested to apply...goals are rediculiously high and impossible to reach, have no respect for employees, upper management only care about them selves, no assistance or support from district manager, nothing was ever enough they expect you to do every for nothing, they have a lot off problems with inventory always no phones in stock or some certified devices are in a really bad shape and shouldn't be sold to customers... they never listen to you or make you feel important, very stressful as you never know when your gonna get fired or not have a job even you are doing really good, they lie to keep u ou longer with them until they bring somebody to fill your position an honest advice do not waste your time it is not worth it they are horrible...no pay, no benefits.
Excellence in Customer Service and Employee Values
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Fountain, COOctober 12, 2015
This is an amazing company to work for. Their employees come first and they always listen to the ideas and concerns of those that work for the company.
Productive and Tech Savy inviroment
Wireless Consultant (Former Employee) –  Adrian, MIJune 25, 2015
Great company to work for. I learned a lot of life skills and people skills during the time i work for that company. I was able to become educated in the field telecommunications and received hands on training with repairing small electronics like cell phones, tablets, home phones and small internet devices.
Tough job
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Boone, NCSeptember 15, 2015
Working on mortgage loans is not an easy job especially during the time when the market plummeted. I learned quite a bit about helping people do financials, the housing market, and more.
Not the worst but certainly not the greatest place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Monticello, ARMay 1, 2015
They only offer 401K to the elite. Sales representatives, Store Managers, and district managers do not have a option to contribute to a 401K. Regional managers and possibly people employed at headquarters do. There is no profit sharing either. there is an hourly cap. I think it is $11 for store managers and $10 for sales representatives. They do not pay holiday pay. And if you quit (even with a 2 week notice) or get fired you lose any PTO and Vacation time you have earned.
Pros
paycheck
Cons
no 401k, schedule "working lunches"
Set you up to fail
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Three Rivers, MISeptember 14, 2015
Was the store manager of a store that never had enough sales to support the sales people the company forced us to hire. They would do no advertising.
would not reccomend
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  texasJuly 20, 2015
This company should not even be in business. Their priorities as a company were not to take care of customers. They had poor inventory and did not provide proper training for employees
Horrible company!!
Store Manager/District Trainer (Former Employee) –  TexasJune 3, 2016
I started really strong with the company, as a store manager I was put into a store by myself for my first 6 weeks with the company. I did so well that I won the first regional emplyoyee of the month for my district. Nobody else achieved this while I worked there. Two months in I started doing training for 3 stores in the district, never in my store more than 2 days a week. For 6 months I did this and became the district trainer for new policies and new members and managers. The only problem my district manager had with me was that i wasn't bilingual. After months of traveling (never paid for time traveling or milage in my own car), being told to work the day with no lunch break (my dm still clocked me out), and training the best emplyoyees my district manager had ever had under her, my dm came in and told me i was not hitting my sales goal in my store. The sales goal is 30 phones out the door per month. That is kinda hard when you only have 8 days a month in your home store, during which you are expected to run sales roleplays with employees, check all deposit information, and do inventory. I had never been written up, yet she decided this would be my "final notice." Later that day I got a call from another manager saying that since my home store was mostly hispanic customers and all stores were filled and properly trained, that the manager was just looking for a reason to let me go so she could staff my store with only bilingual employees. I asked 2 more managers that she was close friends with and they told me the same... This company will take advantage of you,  more... please be careful if you join them.  less
Pros
commission is good
Cons
work off the clock, no job security, bad hourly pay
Awesome!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Monahans, TXJuly 17, 2015
I always enjoyed myself here! Very upbeat and pays well! Upper management really cares about their employees and treats you like family!

2.8