Russell Cellular Employee Reviews

Do not to it
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIMay 15, 2017
the manager at the russell cellular in mount pleasant is horrible. She forces things on customers and has an attitude with them if they do not buy the item. This manager also has a very bad attitude with her employees by talking to them in a disrespectful manner and is also very very strict about tiny things. I would not recommend working here due to the hours you have to work and the horrible manager that is there currently
Horrible
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARMay 13, 2017
In my store, I was the newer guy on the block, the manager there had no business being a manager. She knew the business and how to run it technically, but her people skills were highly erring on the edge of nothing. She would play on her phone constantly, never gave her employees the time of day and the only time she talked to her employees was the times that she got burned by the dsm when we would do something incorrectly. Nothing in terms of motivating the employees, only reprimands with little communication. You will not be talked to about the things you do wrong, you will be publicly reprimanded, and you will be fired without warning. Stay away from this company, absolutely horrible.
Pros
50% accessory discount, laid back due to little traffic from lack of advertising
Cons
Cold calling prospects, unfair and unprofessional management, low skilled store managers. Overall unprofessional, do not work here.
Constant revolving door
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Crestview Hills, KYMay 11, 2017
Can't keep employees because the sales quotas are too high, sales periods are every 15 days, constantly looking for new employees, love to let people go, stay away!
Loved working here
Wireless Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ponca City, OKMay 8, 2017
I loved working here. The environment was great and customers were generally easy to please. Of course, with customer service, not every day is a walk in the park. Hitting numbers wasn't easy all the time and I think the company should have been more understanding in that aspect. Also, cold calls were awful. I personally hate receiving them so making them was very difficult for me.
Productive , Goal setting fun environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Andrews, TXMay 7, 2017
Russell Cellular is a goal oriented job with lots of fun optimistic personalities with great benefits as well as still being able to have a good work/life balance .
Cons
Comission was not as high as other retailers, short lunch breaks
Not treated equal
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  McMinnville, TNMay 6, 2017
I worked here and I have never seen such bad favoritism. That's not the kind of boss I want. I think every employee should get the same respect and you don't here. Everyone deserves some kind of positive feedback even if they are struggling to meet goals...not just being told you are incompetent.
Pros
Cons
Neglected, trested poorly
Great job if you like dealing with people!
Wireless Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Collinsville, ILMay 2, 2017
My situation is slightly different as I couldn't break commission due to a dead location... however the job itself was fantastic and I enjoyed talking to the customers that came in!
Pros
Physically easy
Cons
Difficult customers
Just Say NO
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Villa Rica, GAApril 24, 2017
This place will set you up for success then fire you for no reason. Use social media? Definitely steer clear of this company! You district manager will require you to work off the clock or else you'll be written up. Your teams will fluctuate and you'll be expected to hit unrealistic goals because once you're set up and successful they make sure you fail. Don't expect a store bonus either because they'll make sure there's changes when you least expect it. Please don't work here. There's far better positions than this awful company... run don't walk away!
Pros
No Sundays
growing company
Retail Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Denison, TXApril 19, 2017
Russel cellular is a great company to work for as it grows. when i was there we had about 120 stores i know that they have grown to more than 200 now. good benefits and leadership.
Pros
inventory
Cons
capability
Temp.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Hot Springs, ARApril 7, 2017
I have worked with Boost Mobile, Verizon, Sprint, Nextel and At&t due to customer service skills and technical experience. I was placed in this job as a temporary position to build business.
Horrible Company
Wireless Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 6, 2017
I worked here for over two and a half years and they let me go for not meeting goals. Over time, the pay got lower and the expectations got higher. The current infrastructure does not meet the demands. Inventory is often very low for products consumers want. They have phones on special but do not carry accessories for them. Management is incompetent and way too demanding as a result of them not meeting their goals and their inability to correctly motivate people. Store management is grossly underpaid and therefore does not care. That is if you have a manager at all. Avoid this company at all costs. Work for another retailer that will treat you with respect and pay you what you are worth.
You have to make it your own experience
Wireless Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Fort Scott, KSMarch 21, 2017
Most reviews state that RC is a poor company to work with. Although there are faults here like every company, RC's goal to work with their employees. My DSM is always willing to work with his employees through financial & family hardships.
Pros
Family Orientated, works with their employees
Cons
Poor wages, no 401K or other retirement plan, not enough Company paid holidays
Don't work here is a waste of time
Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaMarch 8, 2017
save yourself the waste of time and there's no money to be made here this company will steal from you in order for them to hit goals that will take away hours your work to be on budget but expect you to work of the clock with no pay
Pros
Cons
Very cheap and irresponsible don't help anyone at all here
Terrible Place to Work, Not even a good in between job!
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Paris, ARMarch 6, 2017
This company doesn't care about the employee's that work there. The culture is we can get another person off the street to replace you if you don't meet the unrealistic sale expectation. If you like to be threatened with write ups, and/or termination it might be the job for you. All the stuff they tell you when they hire you is false! We believe in our people, and we believe in training is true only if you hit your numbers first. I WISH I WOULD HAVE READ THE REVIEWS ON THIS COMPANY BEFORE I TOOK THE JOB!
Pros
There are none
Cons
Upper Management, Rotating Hours, and Unstable Job
This place is the biggest joke to work for
Sales manager Butler MO (Former Employee) –  Butler, MOFebruary 16, 2017
Do NOT work for this company. You will never get paid correctly. None of their promises of promotion within or commissions are true. I am verified one of the best sales reps Verizon has ever had & I gave them a chance & opened their Butler store. The district manager is unprofessional to say the least. There is no upper management above the DSM. If you have a complaint against the DSM the company will retaliate & fire you. If you buy their insurance they will take premiums out of your check but you won't have any insurance until you try to use it & then find out you have none & then complain. But as soon as you complain about it they will retaliate & fire you. I recommend working for Cellular Sales/Verizon, the one located in Nevada, Pittsburgh, Iola & Clinton if you want to make any money & be happy.

DO NOT WORK FOR RUSSELL CELLULAR!!
terrible company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Newport, PAFebruary 15, 2017
I worked for this franchise for 3 years. the hours are long. you are expected to hit a certain goal for sales and if you don't they will fire you. you are expected to change your work schedule at last minute. turnover rate is terrible. you will see one person a month leave this compay. the only reason I stayed is because of the pay. they do not take family emergencys as an excuse for not comming in. they only enforce rules and policies when they feel like it (to whom they wish to fire). I have been through 6 managers in one year.
Pros
pay
Cons
everything else
Only a number
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  MichiganFebruary 3, 2017
Where do I begin. Terrible pay, no job security and stressful. Even worse is the management, no support constantly nagging and threatening. Turn over rate in ridiculous in two years my location went threw at least 30 employees. The culture is sink or swim. I was one in the top selling sales representatives in the company and didn't even break 25k a year. Sad really I wouldn't recommend working for Russell Cellular.
Pros
Great customers.
Cons
There's not enough room to fill this question out.
Poor company to work for
Sales Representative, STM (Former Employee) –  Grayling, MIJanuary 19, 2017
This place is absolutely horrible to work for.

With constant commission cuts, adding more for you to do and pay you less is not good..

The district sales manager can get away with anything.

Spare yourself the time and look elsewhere.

You are just a number here, even though they say you're not, you in fact are.

They're greedy, could care less about their employees and steal commission..

The turn over rate here is worse than fast food.

Unethical selling practices shoved down your throat by the district sales manager make it so customers don't want to come back.
Pros
Lol none
Cons
The entire company
Horrible place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Sparta, ILDecember 7, 2016
Very poor management. Was promised stuff during my interview only to start work and everything changing- especially hours! Stressful environment. DM rude and disrespectful. Commission is an absolute joke and now they have changed the policy again. Long shifts away from family to turn around and not get a check worth anything. I do not recommend this company at all! It was a waste of time! And they wonder why they can't keep employees!
Pros
Learned wireless knowledge
Cons
Everything!
Good Job.
Wireless specialist (Current Employee) –  Grayling, MI 49738November 25, 2016
Upper management is a joke, but on a store level I love it. (Aside from my DSM) Very fun environment in my store, but the commission is a joke and there are a lot of restrictions and such that are absolutely ridiculous. Also they treat you like a toddler.
Pros
Coworkers, You get paid to watch Netflix, and Its a job
Cons
Upper management, Not family friendly, Frequent schedule changes by DSM

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Russell Cellular. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7