RUSSELL INVESTMENTS

RUSSELL INVESTMENTS Employer Reviews

Good Contract.
SQL BI Developer (Current Employee), Seattle, WAJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: well managed production servers & systems
Cons: long commute
DW architecture redesign was very interesting. Played well into my ETL and TSQL strengths.
One of the best comanies I have ever worked for!
Deskside Support Analyst (Current Employee), Seattle, WashingtonDecember 27, 2013
Pros: great work environment, very competitive wages
Cons: some of the users are on the very high end of the needy/picky scale
Although my time at Russell was not as long as I would have liked, I was on a two month contract assisting with the deployment of new machines to the users, I can honestly say that it is one of the best places I have ever worked at. As a contractor it is all too common to be treated as a second class worker by many companies, not so at Russell. During – more... my time there I was welcomed by the rest of the team and treated with respect. If given the chance I would most definitely work for Russell again. – less
Cares about employees
Portfolio Strategy Analyst (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIOctober 1, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: training is a bit lacking
This company does care about their employees which is shown in the benefits they give to each associate.
Leading consulting firm, opportunity to grow asset management
Private Client Services (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIJuly 8, 2013
Russell has attracted some of the industry's top talent when it comes to consulting and manager research. As a leading institutional money manager and consulting firm, Russell has struggled to translate that message into something easily understood by retail clients. Products are second to none.
Alot of Changes
MANAGER (Former Employee), Seattle, WAMay 20, 2013
Pros: benefits and associates
Cons: hours
Good benefits and quality people to work with. 4 CEO changes in my time there...which had an impact on the direction of the company and culture. Still a good company to work for but still trying to find it's identity.
Good work / life balance but questions regarding leadership and long term viability
Analyst (Current Employee), Seattle, WAJanuary 20, 2013
Pros: great location
Cons: constant leadership turnover and questions regarding long term strategy
The new Russell office in Seattle is a great place to work but the company is in transition. There has been quite a bit of leadership turnover in the last few years and the firm is trying to figure out how it fits in the evolving asset management industry.
Associate Oversight Analyst (Current Employee), Seattle, WAAugust 14, 2012
Pros: very quiet
Cons: very quiet
Quiet, open work environment. Clean.
Lots of turnover
Management Included

Learned a lot from my team

Enjoyed the group I worked with

Wanted to stay
Russell Investments is a great place to work, they have a terrific culture and values
Product Manager (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAJuly 27, 2012
A typical day would be spent collaborating with other departments gathering requirements and meeting with developers for a software project I was managing. I learned a lot about project management, web development, marketing and legal contracts. I worked with a great team that was very supportive. I enjoyed working with vendors and other departments. – more... The hardest part of my job was keeping all involved with the project to meet deadlines. – less
Excellent work & life balance
ETF Sales- RIA and Broker Dealer (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 17, 2012
Being a Seattle based headquartered company, Russell puts a premium on the work & life balance of its employees.
Smart
Institutional Business Development Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 16, 2012
Pros: benefits
Cons: not sales oriented
The company has really good and smart people. It is not a typical cut-throat environment, although that can lead to complacency among teams.
Overall good company
Web Specialist (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAJune 25, 2012
Pros: great place to work, good pay and benefits with flexible schedules
Cons: culture is changing and layoffs seem to come every year.
Russell at one time held their employees as an important part of the company success. This seems to have changed and they are slowly getting rid of people who have been there for long periods of time. This is still an excellent place to work.
Strong tradition
Analyst (Current Employee), Seattle, WAJune 17, 2012
Pros: transportation costs covered
Cons: frequent change in management
Russell is a great place to work. Depending on your function, flexible schedules are possible. Associates are provided opportunities to move within the company. The downtown location is great on 2nd and University.
Russell Investments
Seattke (Current Employee), N/ANovember 7, 2011
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Russell is a average place to work. People generally are nice and the work is interesting; however, there are a lot of young senior managers limiting upward mobility.

About RUSSELL INVESTMENTS

No longer Frank Russell's company (it's a subsidiary of Northwestern Mutual), Russell Investments provides investment services – Read more

RUSSELL INVESTMENTS Photos