RUSSELL STOVER CANDIES

RUSSELL STOVER CANDIES Employee Reviews

Candy Maker (Current Employee), Abilene, KSMay 26, 2015
Pros: Off three days a week
Cons: Swift changes in the company's rules and regulations on the day-to-day procedures
The most enjoyable part of my job is working with my co-workers. They make the day go by faster than working alone. A typical day at work is fast paced and repetitive. The hardest part of my job in the heat and consecutive lifts I have to give through out the day.
The job is good.
Choco-Packer (Former Employee), Abilene, KSMay 23, 2015
This job would be better if it was more than seasonal. The people are good to work with. The environment is very clean and smells good.
VP of Field Sales Merchandising needs to be fired by Lindt
Territory Sales Representative (Current Employee), Kansas City, MissouriMay 11, 2015
Fields sales will not ever grow unless the VP of Field Sales Merchandising and DVP's (now known as Regional Managers) are all released from the company. With the new parent owners (Lindt) many sales reps are hoping to see new difficult, yet, positive changes to be made by new CEO from Lindt/Ghiradelli. Here's hoping...fingers are crossed.
Great work/life balance, work team
Data & Process Analyst (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule, 40 hrs/wk, great co-workers
Cons: antiquated it, ok health insurance, lower pay.
Good company to work for, working on getting with the times.

Management is great, co-workers are great.

Rarely work more than 40 hours/week. Flexible schedule.
Terrible Place to Work
Clerk (Former Employee), Montrose, CONovember 4, 2014
Pros: paid holidays
Cons: micromanaged, no vacation for part-time employees
This whole company is so micromanaged! You'll never get a review on time (I received both of my reviews two months late). They will try to find a reason to write you up while they are "processing" it so they don't have to give you one at all. The regional managers are so unorganized, it's hard to believe that they actually work. They'll send you the next season's product and expect it all to be made and set out the same day... ha! My store manager is very nice, I feel bad that she is treated SO horribly, even called stupid numerous times by the regional manager. Coworkers are fun. There really isn't anything good about this workplace other than the coworkers, actually.
Creative Director
Creative Director (Former Employee), Kansas City, MissouriSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: growing as a manager
Cons: navigating the corporate enviroment
Managing the Creative department consisting of 12 designers to produce exceptional packaging design for the nationally known brand of Russell Stover Candies.

Maintaining brand identity and expanding creativity to keep up-to-date with trends.

Corporate accounts: Barbie® and Elvis® brands
Adhere to strict branding guidelines and know when to push the envelope creatively.

Managing a group of young designers to stay focused on the big picture and avoid errors was a daily challenge.
More work and stress than should be allowed on Sales Reps
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOAugust 26, 2014
Pros: good benefits. company car.
Management is unprofessional and condescending to Sales Reps.
Job is a 24 hour 7 days a week job. No consideration for work load.
started out fun and relaxed
former sales clerk (Former Employee), kansas city,ksAugust 21, 2014
Pros: 30 min lunches
Cons: short 10 min breaks
This company is sad... poor management, no communication over worked employees ,and to little pay. Ridiculous never work for this pitiful company

Great company for new college grads, fun environment with a lot of responsibility at a young age.
Sales Rep./District Manager- Dixie District (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 8, 2014
First experience at a Management position. Company will give you a ton of responsibilty and various challenges to keep you motivated.

Traveled all around the South and enjoyed it incredibly. Working with reps. was amazing and the training program was very good as well.
Sales Representative
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Miami,flJuly 11, 2014
Manage 62 large chain accounts in the South Florida region including Publix, Walmart and Winn Dixie stores. Accountable for overseeing all aspects of sales and marketing of the brand including ensuring maximum market penetration, brand awareness and standards, and sell-through strategies.

Meet and exceed sales goals for targeted markets and ensure market execution.
Emphasis on client relationship – more... management, program analysis, providing excellent sales, merchandising and service support.
Sell and order additional Russell Stover product and displays at the store level securing full line distribution.
Educate store personnel about Russell Stover products and programs; position, arrange and maintain inventory; and build/maintain fixtures and displays.
Work closely with client base to expand brand portfolio and grow market share in a highly competitive market.
Sell promotions, institute price features and implement in-placements of new products as value-added services.
Ranked within top 10 sales professionals in the nation within the first 3 months of employment. – less
Fun workplace
Cashier/Retail Clerk (Former Employee), Triadelphia, WVJuly 1, 2014
It was a great place to work, but I was not given enough hours. I was also offered a better job which is the reasoning for me leaving.
Russell Stover candy
Store Manager (Former Employee), 6400 MesaJune 29, 2014
Pros: we knew many people from out of town and joying talking to them
Cons: that on the summer our sales go down
I stared work at 8:00 am and open doors at 9:00 am to the public in this job was one of the sweetest work place the best time was on holiday specially Christmas and the people who work with me were very nice it was like a family I was in charge of opening and closing the store. Ordering merchandise and seasonal merchandise and making displays on the store make the schedule for all the employees and rotated them during the week.
it is nit a fun place to work
Service Worker (Former Employee), Abilene, KSJune 10, 2014
they do not follow the rules they make for their own attendance policy they don't work with you on if you have appointments or court or if your child is sick or if your sick they say if you are not on your death bed then you better be there and if someone in your family passes away good luck on getting off to go poor place to work at i would not recommend this place to anyone to work. if you injure yourself their you mine as well consider yourself as fired if you have to be put on light duty they do not care if you even have a doctors note on why you were not present at work they do not follow doctor orders and if their nurse sends you home they don't care they hold it against you if you pass out at their work place they fire you
long
Handpacker (Current Employee), Abilene, KSMay 19, 2014
All about speed! a long 10 hours! a lot of people, your have to be careful with the equiqment around you!
Enjoy calling on the customers
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOMay 16, 2014
Pros: enjoyed the job.
Cons: territory too big.
Go to the back rooms, find the candy and put it up in the displays. Sell them seasonal items for the holidays.
Amazing products and customers, but horrible management!
Part-time Sales Clerk (Former Employee), Boonville, Mo.May 16, 2014
Pros: holiday pay, including b-day
Cons: managment, cell phone usage among employees, lack of decisions, lack of discipline, and rudeness.
I loved the job, the products, the customers, but hated the manager and even other coworkers. Different values, decisions, outlooks, rudeness, and skills. I felt like I just didn't belong here and was stuck in "girl world". Very unpaid and overworked. The manager was rude, unskilled, and unchallenging of their employees. For example, I worked here for 1 year/5 months and never learned how to make anything in the kitchen; while all the other employees did. I am a male and I found this very sexist and degrading. Cell phone usage and talking during work as two major problems here that are recognized, but nothing has been done to fix them! This company is very micromanaged. The manager always had to get approvals for things from the DM. I am glad I left this job and do not regret leaving.
Very nice place to work
Worker Bee (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOApril 25, 2014
Pros: all you can eat chocolate
Cons: all you can eat chocolate
Enjoy the work place, like the challenge.

Wanting to explore options that my be available in the workplace . Russell Stover Candies employment has been a joy everyday.

love the chocolate
Division Manager in charge of the Puerto Rico division sales and distribution.
Division Manager (Former Employee), Guaynabo, PRMarch 13, 2014
Pros: most of the time i was in the field with a sales representative or with a major account.
Cons: had to consult major issues with higher management all the time.
Division Manager – responsible for the sales of one of the major name brands of boxed chocolates on the Island. This is the number
one brand in the mainland. I was contracted to reorganize the sales
force in Puerto Rico to meet the company objective in the first twelve months.

My major responsibility was to develop a sales force to enable the
company to meet its’ sales and distribution objective; to open new
accounts and increase our market share in Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands, and Dominican Republic.
Proud to work for such a great company!
Credit Analyst (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOMarch 5, 2014
The candy business is a fast paced world. No day was ever the same. I learned that when your supervisor is engaged in the job that you do - knows your strengths and weaknesses and is there to help you develop....your job is always great!
Not what I expected
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Kansas / Missouri AreaFebruary 6, 2014
Cons: management, pay
I must first say, I'm not afraid of hard work, but I do expect the same from my supervisors.I worked in a retail location. Over worked, underpaid, under apprechiated . Worked my butt off and it was never enough( and no i don't mean for the holiday) It started out as being a fun, easy going place to work. I thought I had found my niche. As a person with 15+ management I took a low position with promises – more... of promotions duely earned never came.Ask to do management duties, but without pay or title. Manager puts herself before everyone else and talks down to people and about people to bring herself up. Very poor management. Good thing I'm a quick study because they had absolutely no training on most and very little on others. No unity. It's like every man for him/her self. I see the potential of this store, but I wouldn't work at this location again with the present management and the way it is being ran. Things seem to only start to get better when big brother (corportate) step in and take over. – less

1 2 3

About RUSSELL STOVER CANDIES

For Russell Stover, life really is a box of chocolates. As the largest maker of boxed chocolates in the US, its Whitman Sampler – Read more

RUSSELL STOVER CANDIES Salaries