Russell Stover Candies Employee Reviews

Productive n fun
Line Assembly seasonal (Former Employee) –  Corsicana, TXApril 23, 2017
This is a great company to work for also they give u a raise when your 90 day probation is over with n they start u off with ok money the shifts are good
Pros
Free lunch sometimes
Cons
Short breaks
Very productive but terrible place to work every single day
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Iola, KSApril 19, 2017
For me this job was unstimulating mentally and just very tiring and boring. You did nothing more but put things in boxes for 5-10 hours or more straight.
Pros
Pays well
Cons
Boring, tiring, unstimulating mentally
Could use work
F.A. Operator 2nd Shift (Former Employee) –  Abilene, KSApril 13, 2017
Too many chiefs and not enough Indians. Leadership is lacking. Pay is decent for not to hard of work. A lot of lazy workers. Leadership doesn't handle problems very well.
Excellent
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Florida Panhandle territoryMarch 25, 2017
Russell Stover is an excellent company to work for providing comparable benefits,,Salary and and other compensation are in line with similar companies. Excellent management team.
productive place to work
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee) –  Montrose, COMarch 14, 2017
i enjoy working for this company i have learned a lot here and would work for this company in the future if give the opportunity. it is a hug cooperation
good
good
candy factor
Inspector/Packer (Former Employee) –  Abilene, KSMarch 1, 2017
it was a factory setting good money good candy long hours . people who work at the plant are old and don't want to work so they want new people to do it but not fair
Wonderful people, wonderful workplace
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Montrose, COFebruary 21, 2017
I enjoyed working at Russell Stover s the management was amazing, the work itself was simple but hard enough to keep busy. If possible I would work there again.
productive, fast pace, and afun place to work for.
Shipping/Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Montrose, CODecember 28, 2016
I worked 10 hour days, I loved I was very busy all day long, and they also crossed trained, which is very benefited the employees and the company.
Pros
i loved coworkers
Cons
we had no choice to work overtime, even if we have plans
love smelling chocolate all day
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Abilene, KSNovember 19, 2016
very friendly co workers and upper management. Everyone is like family and it is a very inviting and warm place of employment. good balance of work and homelife
it a job
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Abilene, KSNovember 15, 2016
Most people are good to work with seems like there's alot of last minute decisions made and half the time people don't know what's goin on
Pros
10 hr days
Cons
heath care cost alot no sick time
Russell stoves
candy factory (Former Employee) –  Corsicana, TXNovember 9, 2016
I liked to candy factory its. that I was having trouble with my pregnancy so I couldn't be able to stand on my feet long so they put me on bed rest it's a good job to work
Gross
Candy hauler (Former Employee) –  Abilene, KSNovember 5, 2016
Workers think they own the place and its dirty and unsanitary gossip about customers dirty dishes gross place to work would not ever go back to work or eat there
Poor management
PT Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSOctober 11, 2016
No Training at all for the new employees, they throw you on the register then get mad when you havequestions.
They don't like you to take your break.
Pros
Sample candy
Cons
No breaks
shipping temporary to hire
Temporary Assignment (Former Employee) –  Montrose,ColoradoSeptember 21, 2016
the first day at the job didn't get any training or direction on what my tasks were going to be and got yelled at because I was standing around doing nothing 5 minutes before my shift started! Duh I'm new!!! so I started working with others and they showed me the job and new themselves to the task.
Upper management yells at there leads what a joke! haven't you hear of taking care of your employees?? people will be more productive when you coach them not YELL!!!
please and thank you would be nice too!!!
Management that walks by and seeing me stopping for second should not make rude jesters or make rude comments to anyone!
how about taking the lead aside and find out what's going on?! completely unprofessional!!! They should have a small group meeting with the workers in that area to touch base on the task at hand and not treat us like a bunch of idiots. We have been in great careers and have decided to change and try something new so enough said I will never shop at your retail store. the people at plant are nothing but rude and spiteful people.
Pros
nothing okay maybe the pay
Cons
management
Sales Representative
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 7, 2016
A typical day at work consists of driving around your territory and tending to your accounts needs. Your territory is a group of stores assigned to you and only you - some territories are as large as 80 accounts. The accounts range from department stores to little mom and pop shops. In this job the hardest part would be sticking to your designated route. There are times that it's necessary to visit a store more than once a week - managers frown on this because they find that any unfinished business should be taken care of on your next scheduled visit which could be anywhere between a week or a month (stores do not like it when you leave things pending for the following visit).
The most enjoyable part of the job would be creating your own schedule to suit your life balance. As long as you complete your 40hrs you can spread out your hours throughout the work week. I would usually work 4 ten hours day and give myself a 3 day weekend.
Management was very helpful. While I was employed I had an excellent District Manager who helped you whenever you needed him.
Pros
schedule, out in the street and not confined to a desk
Cons
unrealistic about sticking to your schedule
Fun, busy, productive
Lead (Former Employee) –  Montrose, COSeptember 5, 2016
I absolutely loved working at Russell Stovers. It was very busy, always had something to do, the employees, leads, and supervisors are fun, energetic, just an amazing grouo of people. They work hard and have fun.
productive ok to work at.
Candy Maker (Current Employee) –  Montrose, COAugust 25, 2016
need to get supervisors more training on how to treat workers. old school employees that have been there for 50 years. they need to realize that times have changed.
Fast and productive
Inspector/Packer (Former Employee) –  Corsicana, TXAugust 22, 2016
Very fast paced. Excellent standards on quality control. Always something new everyday, does not get boring. The leaders for each line are very good at being on top of things.
Pros
The pay was good, 20 hours a week overtime
Cons
Seasonal job
they work you like slaves
Cook (Former Employee) –  Iola, KSAugust 15, 2016
they work you like slaves and dont care about anything but the candy. they dont like to take time to clean anything properly or fix anything. you could be dying out on the production floor and they wont stop anything to come help you
Very unprofessional place to work for!
Packer (Former Employee) –  Corsicana, TXAugust 9, 2016
Was trained off & on for a week , by a someone that recently started themselves.

Very Unprofessional management and employees.

Supervisors are not understanding at all if you have emergencies come up with your children!
Over all not a good place to work for.
Dirty!
Pros
Off by 3:30pm