RUSSELL STOVER CANDIES Employee Reviews in United States

Excellent opportunity for the Montrose Area
Candy Maker (Former Employee) –  Montrose, COApril 12, 2016
Absolutely enjoyed every aspect of my time with this company. Three of the best years of my early employment life. The challenges associated with producing a quality product with low waste was something I embraced and excelled at.
Pros
Russell Stover Candies
Cons
Great place to work, I absolutely love working here
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 4, 2016
I love working at Russell Stover. Our customers that come in on a regular basis are absolutely amazing. I learned a lot working here and really developed a lot of useful customer service techniques. I learned how to manage my time better, I learned how to do inventory quickly and accurately. I learned how to transfer product in the system from first quality to intermediate along with how to use all the other programs we use. My manager is amazing, she's caring and very professional. All of the customers enjoy talking to her. She's really helped me to open up and become the best employee I could be.
Pros
discount, flexable schedule, great customers, great management
Cons
slow days
Traditional Position
Executive Assistant to Senior Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 15, 2016
Worked in sales support. The systems in place were somewhat archaic and never invested in due to high turnover.

At the time I worked there, 4 other assistants were hired and due to the quality of our work we placed systems and databases in where everything had been manually monitored before.

It's a traditional sales company. Too large to get real recognition or grow ones career, excellent for someone hoping to work with little deviation from daily tasks.
Pros
bonuses, candy
Cons
management, sales team
thus is a company that feels you should just be thankful of having a job
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Rio Grande Valley, TXNovember 26, 2015
Total idiots. It not worth my time to review, so here it goes I will type some letter to submit. Hhhhgggggggfffffffghbbbbbs*jjjhhhhgggggggggggggggggggghhggggh.
Pros
Cons
idiots
was a job
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Corsicana, TXNovember 12, 2015
i learned that a customer is always right, working with the people was very easy, i didn't like some of the smells but i learned to deal with it
Very productive workplace
Packer (Former Employee) –  Corsicana, TXNovember 8, 2015
I worked there four months and was laid off due to non understandable. The job was precisely what I was looking for. It was a very productive workplace with great team work and a determination to get the job done at the end of the day.
Pros
3 breaks in a 12 hr period. Overtime
High volume store and constantly making candies and getting things ready for the holidays.
2nd Lead Key Holder(Assistant Manger) (Former Employee) –  Bethany, MOOctober 20, 2015
we made chocolate covered strawberries and caramel apples everyday. During the holidays we made gift baskets and candy boxes,which was my favorite thing to do. With this job I learned supply and demand during the holiday seasons..Managed a very busy store with an amazing store manager.
Pros
Making amazing baskets for the holidays and for gifts.
Cons
I don't think I have one.
It had been awhile
Cook (Former Employee) –  Cookeville, TNOctober 15, 2015
This was a good place to work for anyone who needed a job. I was fortunate enough to work with great people. What made it difficult at time to work there was the politics which came with a union on site. I do believe this is what lead to the unfortunate closing of the plant.
fun place to work
Cook (Former Employee) –  Cookeville, TNOctober 4, 2015
co-worker were great people work started at 5 am and ended at 1:30pm very enjoyable job great company to work for you had a lot of time in the afternoon to accomplish other task
Pros
great people
Another day in paradise
Utiity Operator (Current Employee) –  Iola, KSAugust 30, 2015
Russell Stover Candies is a clean, fast paced, work environment. Most jobs are in 65 degree temp. Shipping has a below ten degree work environment. Candy that is not first quality, unless it is test candy, is offered to employees to enjoy on their break. Offers more overtime than most places I have worked.
Hardest part of the job in my experience is not giving myself enough time to learn the job. Candy coming at you at 500 pcs. or so a minute is intimidating. After a few weeks of doing this made me wonder why anyone can't do this, It becomes second hand.
I don't know why but I really like palletizing finished product. The most enjoyable job to me and the hardest was being a Mogul Operator/Cook. Making the candy!
Pros
10 hr. days/advancement within/earn 3 week vacation/some free meals.
Cons
Rules change without notice
Horrible Organization
Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVAugust 25, 2015
Enjoyed working for the company and with fellow co workers. Management is horrible. Very two faced. Unrealistic time frame for customer orders during busy season. Communication between managment and employees was very poor and left room for many errors to occur.
Pros
Great compensation for long hours
Cons
horrible manager
A cold but enjoyable place.
Wrapping (Former Employee) –  Corsicana, TXJuly 22, 2015
I started work at 5 am, i packed up boxes of chocolate, i operated machines and I was able to eat chocolates. i learned how to properly fill out paper work, how to operate a pallet jack.
it was a seasonal job
Production Candy Packer (Former Employee) –  Iola, KSJuly 16, 2015
I was a production candy packer

I had just moved back from Pennsylvania and needed a quick job to hold me over so I took a seasonal job.
Pros
candy samples
Fun
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 7, 2015
Always fun to work with sweets. Great atmosphere and people. Always enjoyed the people. Was able to travel and see new things.
Pros
fun
Cons
Wonderful factory to work for.
Service (Former Employee) –  Corsicana, TXJune 10, 2015
I loved my job. Worked in the service area of the factory. Moved stills of candy to different areas of the factory for packaging, filled stills with fresh candy off the belt, packed candy for shipping, inspected packing for package damages.
Candy Maker (Current Employee) –  Abilene, KSMay 26, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my job is working with my co-workers. They make the day go by faster than working alone. A typical day at work is fast paced and repetitive. The hardest part of my job in the heat and consecutive lifts I have to give through out the day.
Pros
Off three days a week
Cons
Swift changes in the company's rules and regulations on the day-to-day procedures
The job is good.
Choco-Packer (Former Employee) –  Abilene, KSMay 23, 2015
This job would be better if it was more than seasonal. The people are good to work with. The environment is very clean and smells good.
VP of Field Sales Merchandising needs to be fired by Lindt
Territory Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MissouriMay 11, 2015
Fields sales will not ever grow unless the VP of Field Sales Merchandising and DVP's (now known as Regional Managers) are all released from the company. With the new parent owners (Lindt) many sales reps are hoping to see new difficult, yet, positive changes to be made by new CEO from Lindt/Ghiradelli. Here's hoping...fingers are crossed.
Great work/life balance, work team
Data & Process Analyst (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 24, 2015
Good company to work for, working on getting with the times.

Management is great, co-workers are great.

Rarely work more than 40 hours/week. Flexible schedule.
Pros
flexible schedule, 40 hrs/wk, great co-workers
Cons
antiquated it, ok health insurance, lower pay.
Terrible Place to Work
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Montrose, CONovember 4, 2014
This whole company is so micromanaged! You'll never get a review on time (I received both of my reviews two months late). They will try to find a reason to write you up while they are "processing" it so they don't have to give you one at all. The regional managers are so unorganized, it's hard to believe that they actually work. They'll send you the next season's product and expect it all to be made and set out the same day... ha! My store manager is very nice, I feel bad that she is treated SO horribly, even called stupid numerous times by the regional manager. Coworkers are fun. There really isn't anything good about this workplace other than the coworkers, actually.
Pros
paid holidays
Cons
micromanaged, no vacation for part-time employees