Russellville School District Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Workplace day
Paraprofessional/Floater/Preschool (Current Employee) –  Russellville, ARFebruary 22, 2016
Going from classroom to classroom to give other paraprofessionals their breaks. I learned that you have to be on your toes at all times.
Teacher Substitute
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Russellville, ARApril 2, 2015
I act as a teacher in the place of a certified school teacher. I have to teach the lessons, and prepare just as hard if not harder than the regular teacher because sometimes the material is not something I have done in a long time. It is a great place to work because I love working with kids.
Pros
Summers off
Cons
Short breaks, no benefits
Great work environment with great team work
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Russellville, ARJuly 12, 2013
I substitute teach 3-4 days a week. I arrive each day at least 30 minutes early and reviewed the lesson plans left by the teacher. I greet students as they walked in the door and introduce myself. I follow the lesson plans left by the teacher along with the class schedule.
Substitute teaching is a great learning experience because I get to work with students of all ages, with very diverse backgrounds. I have learned to be extremely flexible and creative when dealing with children. I have also learned about classroom management and ways to keep a class running smoothly.
The teachers I work with are very helpful and work extremely well with myself, and each other. They create a positive learning environment that I want to be a part of.
The most difficult part of this job is also what makes it enjoyable. With substitute teaching, you never know what you are going to get when you walk into the doors. You don't know what the students are like, or what you are going to be teaching that day. You go in hoping the teacher has left very detailed plans and that your own personal creativity does not run out.
The most enjoyable part of this job is working with the students. It is a great joy getting to work with a diverse group of students. Teaching students how to think and helping them work through problems that they seem to be struggling with is a fantastic feeling. I love helping people overcome obstacles and teaching them new things.
Very good place to work,I loved working with everyone is so freindly and considerate.
Custodian 1 (Former Employee) –  Russellville, AROctober 2, 2012
Cleaning my areas peacefully
T've learned to set up a routine for getting my duties finished in a timely manner.
I loved working with my manager,supervisor and co-workers.
I didn't have any hard parts, I loved my job.
I enjoyed everything about my job.
Pros
hour lunch breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Russellville School District. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3