Russellville School District

Russellville School District Employer Reviews

Great work environment with great team work
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), Russellville, ARJuly 12, 2013
I substitute teach 3-4 days a week. I arrive each day at least 30 minutes early and reviewed the lesson plans left by the teacher. I greet students as they walked in the door and introduce myself. I follow the lesson plans left by the teacher along with the class schedule.
Substitute teaching is a great learning experience because I get to work with – more... students of all ages, with very diverse backgrounds. I have learned to be extremely flexible and creative when dealing with children. I have also learned about classroom management and ways to keep a class running smoothly.
The teachers I work with are very helpful and work extremely well with myself, and each other. They create a positive learning environment that I want to be a part of.
The most difficult part of this job is also what makes it enjoyable. With substitute teaching, you never know what you are going to get when you walk into the doors. You don't know what the students are like, or what you are going to be teaching that day. You go in hoping the teacher has left very detailed plans and that your own personal creativity does not run out.
The most enjoyable part of this job is working with the students. It is a great joy getting to work with a diverse group of students. Teaching students how to think and helping them work through problems that they seem to be struggling with is a fantastic feeling. I love helping people overcome obstacles and teaching them new things. – less
Nice place to work
Custodian (Former Employee), Russellville, ARApril 22, 2013
Pros: location and management
Cons: layed off in summer months
Provided a sanitized and aseptic environment for the safety and wellbeing of patients, visitors, physicians and employees
Performed a range of housekeeping duties including waste removal, dusting, cleaning and cleaning of fixtures and surfaces
Removed soiled linens
Cleaned, sanitized and made of beds
Vacuumed carpets
Clean and disinfect washrooms, laboratories, – more... and bedrooms
Move equipment and furniture – less