Rust-Oleum Employee Reviews

Quickly modernizing manufacturing company
Senior Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILSeptember 6, 2017
Rust-Oleum is an old fashion company that is quickly modernizing. They invested is best of breed technologies to increase their availability, scalability, and security posture.
Amazing managers
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WISeptember 2, 2017
Amazing work place with great management, Straight forward, Easy assignments, and you always have a layout of your day prior to work shift. I would recommend to others .
Pros
Great managers
Cons
Co-workers
Very good place to work and learn the trade
Senior Chemist / Chemist (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJAugust 30, 2017
Typical day: started with e-mail check. Review previous days' tasks,and checking on projects and production needs. In addition,my main tasks involved research activities on NEW RD projects/products. I was able to work independently as well as a member of a team. My responsibilities involved introduction of new raw materials/products. Worked in concert with management.and supporting production staff. The challenges included ability to meet cost quality and environmental requirements. The most enjoyable rewards of
my work were positive results related to problem-solving activities and seeing products introduced to the market; (e.g. seeing my various paints in Home Depot/and/or Lowes stores.
Pros
Health benefits, 401k, pension, work culture
Cons
very few-prefer not to answer
Good company with good ethic and culture
R&D Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Clarkston, GeorgiaAugust 18, 2017
Good company with fair to good compensation. There're some social awareness programs for employees to participate. Management in general cares about the well being of their employees with opportunity for advancement.
good work environment
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Clarkston, GAAugust 14, 2017
Good company to work for easy to move up for position.Great benefits an everyone was treated respectfully no matter how difficult the task was. Make product mistake free without getting injured an for fill production lines once product is made so it can reach the customer a timely manner.The hardest part was fixing the previous shift batch not knowing what was added to the batch to correct it.
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
no extra breaks
Productive and positive working environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Valencia, CAAugust 12, 2017
The typical day at Rustoleum involves a lot of team work and cooperation between departments. I learned patience, consistency, and respect for diversity. The management team is excellent, they are very "down-to-earth" and at the same time display above-average leadership skills. This is a very positive working environment where all employees are encouraged, and assisted in advancing both professionally and personally. The hardest part of my job was prioritizing daily tasks when training new team members, or when the department was short-handed for one reason or another. The most enjoyable part was coming to work knowing that management considered me an important contributing part of the company's success.
Pros
Daily encouragement by all
Cons
short lunch (1/2 hour)
Productive and hardworking.
Senior-Product Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILJuly 26, 2017
A typical day at work is to come in and assist customers and provide them with the knowledge of the product. I learned that no matter the position you are in, the customer is the number one priority. Management has been very helpful and are always willing to help their employees. Rust-Oleum is a good friend-family oriented company, everyone is relaxed.
Over all good
Filler (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILJuly 13, 2017
Working at rust-oleum was short and fun. I had the full paint buckets and label them them out them in boxes. Simple. It was Just through a temp service and only seasonal.
Bad managment
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Prairie, WIJuly 10, 2017
Plesant praire is a horrible place to work .management has moral at a all time low ,it's just blame the employees on a daily bascis the employees all hate working there......
Great company
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVJune 20, 2017
If you can get hired on that's great. Mostly temps work there. Management treats temps like full time, give bonuses and incentives. Great people at management. Doug and Sherry is very fair. They work and come in just like everyone else.
Pros
Great management
Cons
Takes very long to get hired on.

Want to know more about Rust-Oleum?

Ask a question
Great staff
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILJune 20, 2017
The job is Hard, a lot of over time, 90% of my coworkers were females so it was fun. The entirely staff maintains a great environment all shift, I liked work here.
professional place to work
Market Manager / Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILJune 14, 2017
Rust-oleum was a wonderful place to work. I left for the opportunity to help start a new company. I would highly recommend working for Rust -Oleum..
Rust-Oleum is a Good Company
National Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILJune 9, 2017
Rust-oleum cares about it's employees and demonstrates this with on-going education, community involvement through volunteer work and company sponsored perks including a cafeteria with low prices and a coffee bar much like Starbucks. Year end and holiday parties also allow employees to step back and enjoy what they do.

People tend to work in their lane. There is support and many, many meetings to get things done however following up was always necessary to confirm a project was completed. The average age of employees corporately appeared to be trending downward and there was little room for upward mobility if desired. For the most part the people at Rust-oleum were great.
Pros
Great Benefits, Rust-oleum University-ongoing training
Cons
Some people worked in silos however in my position I constantly worked cross functionally, following up all the time
well balanced, great hours
Filler/helper (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Prairie, WIJune 8, 2017
It was alright. Worked with machines and people.
Couldn't argue with the hours or the days off. Management was a little slow with hiring temps in. Also a little slow getting there temps raises.
Fun co workers and Productive Space
CHEMIST (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Prairie, WIMay 30, 2017
I loved working with my co workers, they were the best. My days were always very productive, so they went by fast! Sometimes my boss would take us out to lunch too.
Pros
Free Lunches, Good Staff
productive
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILMay 10, 2017
a real busy day unloading trucks and loading trucks. I learned to move at a fast pace at all times. the hardest part is when no one shows up for work.
It was all right to much over time
Picker (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIApril 28, 2017
Good learning experience good body work out but working here takes away your social life. They want u to work every weekend they have people there how are still temps and been working there for 9 years dat wrong
Productive and enjoyable environment.
Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAApril 25, 2017
Typical day starts with a strategic meeting. Then everyone starts there daily task. After 2 hours you get a 15 min. break, then a half hour lunch, and a 15 minute break 2 hours before end of shift. Management gives you the opportunity to shine. Everyone is like family, a very friendly place to work. The hardest part of the job is when busy season hits and mandatory 12 hours and weekends. The best part of the job is the people.
Pros
Family oriented environment.
Cons
Cant ask for any days off in May.
Good pay, poor management.
Hybrid Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Prairie, WIApril 19, 2017
The company makes it harder to function as a mechanic than it needs to be. Not much support from management, more complicated parts ordering system than previous and less money for needed parts to function in maintenance.
Great company culture!!
Corporate Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILApril 18, 2017
When I worked there they encouraged employees to find solutions and fixes to current operating procedures. We all felt like one big family and were working toward common goals.
Pros
Encourage employee growth, family like environment
Cons
None!!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rust-Oleum. Our community is ready to answer.