Rust-Oleum

Rust-Oleum Employer Reviews

Stable company; growing business; good benefits
Plant Manager (Former Employee), Hagerstown, MdAugust 25, 2014
Good business to be a part of. Good company benefits. The employees are committed and will respond to appropriate and positive leadership.
Descent place to work
Maintenace Technician (Current Employee), Pleasant Prairie, WIAugust 10, 2014
Pros: good pay and benefits
Cons: no time and half for saturday and no double time for sunday
I work with a lot of good people that work hard to provide a quality product.
fun place to work for,nice people, very friendly environment.
R & D Chemist (Former Employee), Somerset, NJJuly 2, 2014
I worked with experienced people with lot of knowledge and expertise. It was a good experience working here.
Lack of training and rigid job culture
Corporate Production Analyst (Former Employee), Vernon Hills, ILApril 27, 2014
Fast paced but proper training is not offered.
Rigid job culture.
Review summary is as follows
Corporate Accountant II (Former Employee), Vernon Hills, ILMarch 25, 2014
Pros: benefits and being close to home.
Cons: none.
Preparing monthly journal entries, organize and maintain files, prepare financial charts.
I learned various computer skills.
Nothing was hard. I was so interested in learning new skills.
It was all enjoyable.
Savitransport was my start in this industry and where I learned the most.
Import Inbound Coordinator/ Export Coordinator (Former Employee), Vernon Hills, ILMarch 20, 2014
Pros: welcoming co-workers
Cons: having to leave
There were only two of us in the import department so the day was busier than any other job I had ever worked before. I soon was able to do most everything on my own due to the training and knowledge I received from my manager. She was wonderful. The hardest part of the job was leaving. They actually hired two more people to replace me when I left. – more... The most enjoyable part of the day was working with my customers and down time talking with my co-workers. – less
hot enviorment, good pay, rotating shifts
Filler Assistant (Former Employee), Pleasant Prairie, WIJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: good pay, great people to work with
Cons: hot enviorment
walk in have meeting before we start work go to assigned lines talk to previous shift about the order that is running then refill hoppers and watch machines till the order is complete then clean the machines before starting the new order the hardest part of the job was cleaning because the solvent we used made it hard to breath wail cleaning machines, – more... the co-workers were easy to work with – less
stressful
material handler (Former Employee), Rockford, ILJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: 4o1k, medical insurance wasn't too bad
I liked my job and keeping busy. The last 7 years I work were the most stressful. I worked better on my own. I didn't like all the drama. People were stressed and it wasn't a good work environment. I like to go to work and do my job and get along with people. There was poor communication mostly with management.
Extremely efficient. Fully informative on policies and procedures.
Material Handler (Current Employee), Kenosha, WIDecember 4, 2013
Pros: expectations are completely spelled out for associates. daily self evaluations are simple to do.
Cons: lack of training manuals for trouble shooting daily problems, lack of use of employee input in lean program, lack of evaluation and enforcement of procedures for associates.
My day at work may include the fast paced operations involved in picking customer orders to pallets, unloading material from trailers, moving materials to strategic locations within the warehouse or filling the needs of voice-pick training.

I have gained much knowledge of the warehouse environment and operations.

The management at Rust-Oleum is enjoyable – more... to work with, and their compensation is very fair.

For me the two hardest parts of the job are continuously lifting heavy paint products and the troubleshooting of computer issues.

I really enjoy the ability to perform differing duties that can eliminate the monotony of repeated daily tasks. Also, many associates and supervisors consistently offer praise for accomplishing tasks accurately and efficiently. – less
Productive and busy work place
Inside Sales Consultant- Call Center (Former Employee), Vernon Hills, ILSeptember 30, 2013
Pros: company outtings
Cons: high call volume and irrate customers
Typical day was calling in leads and schedule appointments, answering inbound calls, data entry.
I learned how to deal with customers that are not happy.
Management was great
My co-workers became very good friends of mine and we all got along great.
The hardest part about this job was handling irrate customers and trying to calm them down.
The most – more... enjoyable part of this job was having company outtings – less
Enjoyable work environment
Order Picker (Former Employee), Williamsport, MDJuly 15, 2013
Pros: work enviromnemt
Cons: travel
Preformed general physical activities in warehouse; loading, unloading, sorting and moving products and materials manually and using material handling equipment.
Supervising personnel on the proper way to perform their duties to company standards
Machine Operator (Current Employee), Williamsport, MDJune 28, 2013
Pros: more steaks, and seafood dinners for no lost time accients
Cons: short breaks, furnace bottle water on each line for personnel to cool them down on hot days.
Overall we made the company a Billion dollar company by job preforms and no lost time accidents and no incorrect product send to customers means less rework and more time to deliver the customers their product on time.
Un Professional Managment very unknowledgeable and un skilled
a deffinate nobody with tremendous experience (Former Employee), vernon hills ilMay 9, 2013
Pros: couldn't find a single one as they made it so complicated to report daily
Cons: anyone and everyone you could think of very poor management
Very poor management that is un knowledgeable and unskilled to run the department.
Very stuck in the 1990's way of doing business. The workers in the department haven't a clue as to what they are doing either...except for the "job"...and not a thing more regarding what they should, to be in this particular area of a very important part of a Global company – more... that does a tremendous amount of International business.

What a shame both the Director and Manager of this department are completely clueless and this BILLION DOLLAR company allows this to continue.

A manager that will try at every chance to make you feel like you are less than him...that your are unknowledgeable. A man that enjoys talking down to people and for sure taking his title to his head.

As a billion $$$ company who has paper time sheets???? Why no time clock....?

Copy a department team on emails.....every email whether it pertains to that person or not ...then print them out...each one of them....for the files....??? Complete waste of time, paper, and accuracy when one does not know what the other has or has not done...due to the multiple confusion of emails.... ridiculous and such un professional 2013 office like behavior.!!!

The reason I believe this was being done...the manager was/is incompetent so he thought his team was as well....so he needed to keep tabs on everyone. So Sad!!!

Manually entering thing into spreadsheets when that is what your operating system should be used for....reports should come from your system...not from a person manually entering the data!!!

Very 1990's way of doing business....
AUTOMATION that is the key word for 2013/2014 for Rust-oleum!!!

I would never recommend this company to anyone...well at least working for this area while under this management. – less
A very pleasant and fullfilling work experience.
fork lift operator (Former Employee), Somerset, NJMarch 25, 2013
Pros: team work. we all helped each other out.
Cons: none.
I really enjoyed my job and looked forward to going to work each day. I received several awards for attendance and ideas that helped make our work enviorment safer.
Very productive place, and a long term job security
Paintmaker Operator (Former Employee), Pleasant Prairie, WIMarch 20, 2013
Pros: free lunches, long breaks, and bonus.
Cons: no breaks, working all week with no day off
working for rust-oleum it was fun. i have learned how make diffrent kinds of products like domestic and industrial. Also its kinda fun becuase you deal with all types of colors and large amounts of gallons from 25 to 5,000 gallons. It is very challanging to deal with chemicals because one mistake i cant hurt my self and many people. So always got to – more... set my mind on safety first. i have learned how to manage time, to make my day easy and productive, and get finished the fastest as possible my batches. i really liked this job because we make products for millions of people that are buying for painting houses or buildings. It make me proud to see something i make with my own hands go to peoples houses or propertys. i really have very good communications with co-workers. helping each other because thats what we are supposed to do. the hardest part of my job is when the equipment is not running properly and you have down time by the end of the day i am totally dissapointed because i didn't finish my order. – less
Active learning environment with support staff
Marketing Category Development Analyst (Current Employee), Vernon Hills, ILMarch 7, 2013
Pros: supportive team environment-various opportunities to learn
Cons: work stability and consistency
The knowledge I have obtained while working with this company will bring me to new heights of success in my future endeavors. I have learned how to merchandise product and analyze projected data to better fit customer's needs. I am allowed creative freedom and the ability to work independently or with a strong supportive team.
productive
Paint Filler (Former Employee), Pleasant Prairie, WIJanuary 11, 2013
i like work there for about 6 years i love trainning people and the die cast machine and the other machine
Fun and fast paced
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Somerset, NJJanuary 3, 2013
Pros: i liked the work and was good at it
Cons: running line 1 meant long nights sometimes
Come in , check the machines.. Make sure everything is running properly,set up, take inventory and start line up ..Learned a lot about production, exporting internationally and how to work quickly and effectively .. My co-workers was a lot of good people ..Hardest part of the job, was running labels on pint sized cans while filling them, old equipment, – more... so it took a lot of work to set up and get it running smoothly .. 4day work weeks – less
Productive work place.
Forklift driver (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKOctober 25, 2012
Pros: steady work.
Cons: no advancement.
Get to work and get set up for the days job. Learned to drive a forklift and how to make paint for concrete protection, shipping receiving, inventory. Management was very laid back. Coworkers were very easy to work with. The summer time plant was extremely hot.
Interesting. Learned a lot working in the Research and Development dept.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Evanston, ILOctober 22, 2012
Pros: relaxed atmosphere
Cons: there was nothing that i did not like about the company.
Typed memos, answered telephone and directed calls to appropriate person, xeroxed copies, maintained files. Maintain route sales logs.

About Rust-Oleum

Rust-Oleum Corporation is a worldwide leader in protective paints and coatings for both home and industry. We offer a wide product – Read more