Rustic Pathways Employee Reviews

Volunteering comes with many rewards.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZNovember 14, 2016
Working with Rustic Pathways gave me an appreciation for what I have and things we take for granted. It was a great pleasure serving the homeless meals.
Great environment, but constantly over worked
Program leader (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 30, 2016
We had kids almost every single day for 2 months. Breaks were few and far between. For how much they were paying for us, it was comparable; however, labor laws might not have been followed correctly.

Needless to say, I had a great time- it was exhausting and wore us all down, but showing the kids the city and partaking in service projects with them throughout the week was super fun. I enjoyed building relationships with our participants and my coworkers. Sharing my knowledge of the city and the culture that it embellishes was a highlight.
Pros
paid travel, room and board
Cons
constantly on call/at work
No life
Program Leader (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 27, 2016
I worked for 24 hours a day for 9 weeks straight with no breaks. We woke up early every day, worked hard all day, and then stayed up late working every night. There was little support from management. There was also no personal space in the housing situation. We lived in the same room as coworkers, in the same house as all of the students.

The connections we formed with the students were great and we had lots of fun experiences. It is also nice that our flights were paid for, but promised reimbursement for luggage was never received.

We were also promised a day off every two weeks when switching students. However, the student's trips overlapped, so there was never a moment of time off.

I had about an hour every other week to call my family while the students were shopping nearby.

The owner of the company is also known to have abused the local staff in Thailand.
Pros
great travel experience, paid flights, paid room and board
Cons
no free time, low pay, neglect from management
A place to be passionate for what you do!
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Huntsburg, OHNovember 11, 2015
Fun work place, amazing co-workers. Struggles with work - life balance. Very easy to be passionate about the work the company does.
Fun work place
participant (Former Employee) –  Dominican RepublicSeptember 14, 2015
Outstanding. Fun week in the Dominican Republic with friends. Would recommend highly for everyone who wants an educational and fun experience.
Life changing ravel experiences
Personal Travel Advisor (Former Employee) –  USAFebruary 26, 2015
Great place to work if you are in your 20's and want to see the world. You work in locations that need assistance and you and your group really do make a difference, even if it is small.
Good company for young adventurers
Program Leader (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LADecember 28, 2014
The job can be grueling, but the company is filled with positive energy from all directions. It was a generally rewarding experience, but didn't offer a work/life balance or advancement opportunities.
Great service experience
Student Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Village, VAJuly 5, 2014
Great way to volunteer and experience another country and culture
Exciting work with global travel.
DIRECTOR OF GLOBAL SAFETY & RISK MANAGEMENT (Former Employee) –  Willoughby, OHOctober 10, 2012
I reviewed safety and risk management procedures and created crisis and critical incidents protocols. Worked with creative and talented staff who were stationed around the world. Provided exciting adventures and cultural experiences for teens and young adults.