Job Description: Wood Shop/Door Shop Department Team Lead
Responsibilities / Job Description:
Oversees and supervises all component or millwork production activities at our Provo Utah facility. This is a working manager, which also includes ; planning, coordinating and assigning work in order to meet or exceed output and productivity goals.
1. Oversees and supervises individuals and work teams in the performance of a variety of work activities such as work process set up, assembly, sheathing and stacking; evaluates efficiency of work processes and identifies and implements process improvements to optimize productivity.
2. Provides on-the-job skills and quality standards training to both new and seasoned employees in order to ensure that learning and self-development opportunities exist for production staff.
3. Meets with teams and lead workers to inform them of daily, weekly, monthly production goals; encourage questions and suggestions and provides feedback on accomplishments and upcoming challenges to keep employees involved and motivated in accomplishing goals.
4. May supervise other activities such as maintaining inventory levels, unloading, storage and movement of raw materials, placement and loading of finished products for shipping and delivery.
5. While primary role is supervisory in nature, WILL be required to perform duties of assigned employees.
6. Understands and observes all safety procedures and practices and oversees the activities of other employees in order to prevent injury to self or co-workers; attends periodic safety meetings as required; may recommend changes to improve safety procedures.
7. Sets up and operates molder to plane, shape, and groove woodstock: Reads work ticket and examines pattern shape to determine molder setup procedures and type woodstock to be cut.
8. Operates the CNC Router with
working knowledge of Tooling, Feed Rates, RPM's. Experience using WoodWOP, AutoCAD and other design software is important. Looking for someone with a diverse background i.e. cabinetry, fixtures, casework, plastics, etc.
Must be able to think on your feet and be receptive to new challenges. You will be working closely with others so effective communication skills are necessary. We desire a forward thinking individual to help grow the company with new ideas to improve production and product lines.
Minimum 5 years management experience in a small to mid size related wood mfg - Millwork company (industry experience strongly preferred) or machine shop type environment
Experience performing and coordinating component manufacturing activities
Strong leadership abilities - delegating work and scheduling / prioritizing
Knowledge of wood shop machines
Computer savvy - MS Office and Exce
The ideal candidate will be organized, a motivator with a proven track record of success running a woodshop crew. Previous management experience essential to guide and drive the working crew to achieve goals. Experience in the retail sector a plus. Competent with Microsoft programs and Mac computers.
Must be proficient with computers
Must be proficient with Microsoft Office
Speak Fluent English
Have own transportation
Experience with UPS Worldship a plus
Experience with Drop Box a plus
-The ideal candidate will be able to offer a minimum of a 5-year commitment.
Location: Provo Utah
Contact name: Kate Allen. You will be contacted via email and called for an interview.
Salary/Rate: starting at $15- 22.00 hourly DOE
This is position is available immediately
Other Items of Interest:
Paid days off
Excellent Health Insurance
Annual pay rate increases