Prototyping CAD Designer & Drafter
We currently have a position open for a skilled CAD Designer/Drafter. In this position you will be working in our manufacturing facility as our prototyping expert. You will be working hands on with our product development department .This department creates detailed drawings for injection molded parts, die cast parts, sheet metal parts, machined parts and also processes all parts so that they are ready for final finish work and shipping. In addition, you will design and document fixtures for the assembly of our products. This is a Full time position. The candidate best suited for this position is looking for a career and will be able to give us a minimum of 1-2 years commitment.
Duties will include:
· Daily coordination with all departments to allow for product development
· Design and run our plasma table
· Perform Engineering Change Orders on existing products.
· Working with engineers to create and detail drawings for new products.
· Working with engineers to create and detail drawings for manufacturing fixtures.
· Create and detail drawings for assemblies for production.
· And working in other areas of the design process.
· Leadership and excellent management skills
· Ability to communicate well with other team leaders
· Excellent computer skills. Fluent with Microsoft office a plus.
· Must be a hands on worker with basic metal working skills or the ability to learn them
· Ability to use CAD to create drawings and take instruction and work with engineers and technicians; but also have ability to work independently
· 1 year minimum Mechanical Drafting and Design degree OR equal experience with CAD drawing software. Working with CAD and a plasma table a huge plus.
· AutoCAD is a plus
· Pro/Intralink is a plus
· Adobe Illustrator is a plus
40 hours +
Rate starts at $11.00 + DOE can be negotiable