Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey

Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey Employer Reviews

Office always filed with Students
Student Assistant (Former Employee), New Brunswick, NJJuly 24, 2014
Typical day working at ODASIS was busy and having something to do all the time. I learned to manage a lot of information and worked on my personable skills. Management was good and always had me busy. Co-workers were other students. Hardest part was getting in contact with some of the students while the most enjoyable part was seeing how the ODASIS – more... program worked behind the scenes. – less
Good
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), New Brunswick, NJJune 29, 2014
Good work place, learned a lot regarding techniques and laboratory skills. Techniques involved maintaining microbial cultures, and developing and designing protocols.
Avoid UCHC
Nurse (Former Employee), AvenelApril 27, 2014
Pros: money
Cons: racism you know the demographics
Racist management masquerading as caregivers. I was terminated because i returned from Family Leave, a day after the sandy storm, a state of emergency. I'm fighting to keep my life together amiss the racism. The union is not your brother. They played the dummy game, wicked, nosey, self adsorbed people, high high turn over
Great work environment with staff that wants Undergraudate Students to get a hand on experience in laboratory research work
Undergraduate Lab Researcher, Swarm Laboratory (Current Employee), Newark, NJMarch 21, 2014
I would help set up experiments for working with slime mold in different environment to see how they interact.
I am starting research with ants and put them into different terrains to see which path of least resistance they would take.
Avoid UCHC
LPN (Current Employee), UCHCMarch 5, 2014
Pros: benefits package
Cons: culture
While Rutgers University might be a decent employer, UCHC should be avoided.
Chemistry Grad Student
Graduate Researcher (Current Employee), Piscataway, NJMarch 3, 2014
Life is typical of a graduate student in the sciences. Work very hard to get degree but compensation is much better then any other comparable school/program.
Good place to work. Hours, time off, benefits.
ASSOCIATE PROGRAM MANAGER, (Current Employee), PrincetonJanuary 21, 2014
Good place to work. Hours, time off, benefits. Hard to move from department to department. Not a lot of room for growth.
Working at rutgers as a student was great
Head TA for Honors Organic Chemistry (Current Employee), Piscataway, NJOctober 15, 2013
A highly motivated Ph.D. candidate in organic chemistry with experience in small molecule synthesis, asymmetric catalysis, and synthetic methods development. Possesses strong communication and leadership skills and thrives in a team atmosphere.
for graduate students, its great
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), New Brunswick, NJSeptember 4, 2013
Rutgers is a great environment for graduate studies: A top research institution with many great professors who are willing to share their knowledge and skills.
Convenient and Easy Going atmosphere
Computer Lab Consultant (Current Employee), Newark, NJAugust 19, 2013
When I arrive to the job site, I have to punch in and my shift begins. I walk around make sure all computers, printers, and other machines. Then I return to my work station, make sure everything is in order there. Then I'm required to conduct an hourly headcount of all patrons in the Lab. I've learned that there are all types of people and people learn – more... at different levels. And teamwork is one of the most important aspects when working in this environment. The hardest part of the job is probably when the lab gets busy and you are the only person working there, and plenty of people have inquiries. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you help a person accomplish a task that may have seemed impossible. Its that moment when they sigh their sigh of relief that makes the job worthwhile. – less
Great Diversity
Intellectual Property Legal Assistant (Current Employee), Somerset, NJJuly 26, 2013
The University I work for has recently been merged as of July 2013 with Rutgers, so there is not enough information that I can give at this point and time.
Flexible work environment
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Piscataway, NJFebruary 6, 2013
Rutgers is a simple, flexible environment to work in depending on the professor you are working under.
Big State University
Men's Soccer, Varsity Assistant Coach (Former Employee), Piscataway, NJJanuary 21, 2013
Has all the perks, benefits, and struggles of a big bureaucracy
Good university
Lecturer (Former Employee), New Brunswick, NJNovember 16, 2012
Friendly professors.

well managed university.

interesting students.

good environment.
Productive and challenging
Research Associate (Current Employee), Piscataway, NJAugust 29, 2012
It is a good opportunity to get a professional training to be an excellent researcher.
Learnt how to write a proposal, manage laboratory, and mentor graduate and undergraduate students. Most importantly, it is a teamwork. Learnt to be not only a good individual researcher but also a good teamworker.
very nice workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Newark, NJAugust 16, 2012
Pros: constant learning
Cons: when budget cut, you will be the first to go
I really enjoyed working for the university. Very nice place to work
Enjoyable work place
Assistant Dean, Rutgers Business School (Current Employee), Newark, NJMarch 21, 2012
Pros: informative meetings
Cons: busy schedules
The envirnoment is very comfortable and the offices are nicely put together.