Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey Employee Reviews

Great enviornment
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJFebruary 2, 2018
The rutgers student body is an amazing population to work with. The rutgers staff does an amazing job to help each individual obtain their fitness goals.
Passionate people
Instructional Designer (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJFebruary 2, 2018
The colleagues that I had the pleasure of working with at the Office of Continuing Education are passionate and hardworking. It's like a family working towards a common goal - to provide quality, affordable training opportunities for professionals who need to obtain or maintain various professional certification.
Pros
Relaxed, Collaborative environment
Cons
Assignment ended
review summary
Director, Benefits and Wellness, (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJJanuary 31, 2018
This was a very challenging job with great benefits., I would not prefer to offer a review on the remaining aspects of this position as like many it has good and bad points.
Rutgers was a wonderful place to work
Unit Computing Manager (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJJanuary 29, 2018
As a Unit computing manager, more specifically a Systems administrator, I was solely responsible for the network infrastructure, I started with one server and virtualized our servers. I also had users and servers in three different locations that I supported.

I learned a lot in my 17 years at Rutgers, and I enjoyed almost everything about it. The people were great and the pace of the work was manageable. I would not have left except that the salary was a bit low, and I needed to be able to work remotely for personal reasons.
Pros
Easy pace, nice people
Cons
Low salary by comparison to industry standard.
great school to get education
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJJanuary 18, 2018
I got my MBA from Rutgers as part-time student. I was learning hard but really enjoyed it those days. Professors and staffs are very respectful and helpful.
Research University Environment
Post-Doctoral Fellow (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJJanuary 10, 2018
* Little direct supervision
* Ran multiple academic projects
* Academic environment
* Motivation was difficult to maintain
* Lots of resources for experimentation
Head Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJDecember 25, 2017
Rutgers is a great place to work with a lots of room for advancement and growth. In my position, the atmosphere could go from anywhere from fast paced to relaxed depending on the time of year. Things progressively change but the benefits are great.
Great job environment
Scarlet Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJNovember 19, 2017
Learned a lot about what happens behind the scenes. Great environment and training. Love working here, being a scarlet ambassador is a great experience as a student.
na
Postdoctoral Research Associate (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, INNovember 19, 2017
na
it good company and good research, it is very most opportunity to people to get good invention to coming out and mostly friendly people

Thanking
school comes first, nice place to work
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJOctober 29, 2017
Since it's part time and at school, my boss understands that school always comes first for me and lets me take off for exams and such. It's pretty relaxed and overall a nice place to work. The pay is also better than previous jobs and is more than minimum wage.

Want to know more about Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey?

Ask a question
Proposal Writing
Internship (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJSeptember 14, 2017
I worked on two independent projects at Rutgers University as a student. One is on the prevention of teenage pregnancy and the other on half-way house for transitioning inmates into society.
Pros
The projects were on hold due to illness.
Cons
It gave me an opportunity to compose grants on my own terms.
Overall fair
Research Analyst (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJSeptember 5, 2017
Working in this position has been an overall fair experience. However, few opportunities for advancement exist, in particular, with respect to my current position.
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  New JerseyAugust 30, 2017
I worked for Rutgers University for 26 years and retired a year ago. The benefit package is great. The upper management could work on their people skills. Also they like to micro manage which is not good for moral. It is nice to keep the moral up in the office. It is important for staff to keep a positive attitude.
Pros
Excellent Benefit Package
Cons
Poor Upper Management
Rutgers
Senior Associate Dean, Undergraduate Programs (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJAugust 22, 2017
Rutgers is a great university to work for. As part of the Big 10, there are a lot of resources and the focus really is student-centered. The days are 'full,' but the culture is supportive between units/divisions. Everyone really is on the top of their game.
Pros
a lot of resources and support
Cons
large university so you have to work to get to know people
Molecular Quantum Mechanics simulations applied to industry and biological mechanisms.
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJAugust 9, 2017
Rutgers has been a great opportunity to learn and evolve professionally. The environment was so motivated and the people around were Resourceful and Polite
Ideal
Senior Records Analyst, Camden Campus (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJJuly 26, 2017
Rutgers is a fantastic university to work at. It's secure, lots of PTO, work-life balance, the people and the work is very interesting. I'd love to work there again.
Pros
Security
Cons
Tough to get into
decent
Student Manager (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJJuly 13, 2017
decent job for the average college student. high volume of customers everyday. don't get paid enough for the amount of work you do. tough employees to get along with sometimes.
Pros
inexpensive lunches. flexible schedule, opportunities for promotions
Cons
short breaks, iffy management
work independantly
Data Control Clerk II (Current Employee) –  Piscataway, NJJuly 6, 2017
enter into computer system. Answer phone calls and take messages as needed. currently still at Rutgers. Looking for part time/evening job.
job is busy so time will go by fast.
Typical day at work
Cook (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJJune 30, 2017
A typical day at work for me is coming to work on time with energy and wanting to do my job the best way possible. My work area has to be clean and organized. I try to get along with other people and work together as a team doing other things that need to be done.
Great university
Graduate Student (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJMay 22, 2017
An amazing university providing great research experience for students. Students get to experience hands on techniques outside of class, allowing for great application of the classroom knowledge.