Rutgers University Employee Reviews

umdnj student
Nurse Practitioner Student (Former Employee), studentAugust 20, 2015
Pros: location is close to me
Cons: newark location is dangerous
I was a student at UMDNJ. Some of the professors are not competent at all. Newark location is very dangerous especially in the evening.
Everday was a new challenge
HVAC Technician/Maintenance (Former Employee), Newark, NJAugust 18, 2015
Pros: Management
Cons: Project was over
Having team meetings. Being able to go to management with issues and concerns that you may have with the work or task. Feeling proud of what was completed at the end of the day
fun working for my professor
Undergraduate Student Researcher (Former Employee), New Brunswick, NJAugust 16, 2015
Pros: learning
when to school there did. not work full time so it is hard to give description of it. It was always pleasur working for my professor I learned a lot of new technique for analytical lab
Great job to have great health benfits
Supervisor of Environmental Services (Current Employee), Piscataway, NJJuly 20, 2015
My typical day when i get in check emails , inspect building , make sure everthing is cleaned and working. I've learned what to expect and how things should look and how things should be done. My mangement is great.. Co-workers are great.
It was fun
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee), Camden, NJJuly 15, 2015
Pros: I got extra time to work on my own projects.
Cons: I was not paid.
I was a teacher's assistant at Rutgers University. If students had questions that even the professors couldn't answer, I was on it. The students liked me because I was easy to talk to and explained the curriculum better when the professor seemed to be speaking another language.
Great Company but salary is not so good
Admin Asst (Former Employee), Trenton, NJJuly 14, 2015
The company is okay to work for. It does need much improvement as moral is very low. Benefits are okay but the salary is quite low.
Productive and healthy work environment
Public Safety Officer (Former Employee), Newark, NJJuly 13, 2015
I learned a lot working at Rutgers Public Safety Department. It helped me understand different cultures and allowed me to gain experience in a police station environment. I acquired excellent people and community policing skills.
Building Manager
Building Manager (Former Employee), Camden, NJJuly 10, 2015
Working at Rutgers Campus Center was a great experience. I was able to adapt to different types of situations to assist the clients needs in our building. Being able to see the happiest and satisfaction in our clients was always the highlight of working. The building ran very smoothly with the supervision of our management and also with the contribution that all my coworkers put out. The atmosphere had a relaxed feeling while working with everyone knowing that work is always needed to be done. The hardest part working at the campus center would have been when a problem came up and we were unable to fix the situation because of factors that were out of our limits, such as internal technical issues. I always enjoyed going to work because I enjoyed being around my coworkers and also being able to help others that come into our building.
I transported clients thru out the day to various places. I learned how to I dentefied the serious mentally ill. The management wasn't always concern
Transportation Coordinator (Former Employee), Cherry Hill, NJJuly 7, 2015
Pros: I had a split shift so it work great with my schedule
Cons: The work wasnt even out amongs the other drivers
I seen a lot of fall outs with clients and staffs. The job needed security to protect the staffs and clients from the aggressive clients,
Relaxed work environment with flexible hours.
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), New Brunswick, NJJuly 5, 2015
The environment of this job was very relaxed, and everyone there was helpful and nice. I was able to have flexible hours around times of exams. It taught me about lab management, as well as how to work with others. The most enjoyable part about the job was everyone's willingness to teach me new things and how I was encouraged to take on tasks I wouldn't normally think to take charge on. The hardest part of the job was only at the beginning, when I was learning to balance a new school environment, work, and my classes all at the same time.
Rutgers
Director of Neurosurgical Pain Management (Former Employee), Newark, NJJune 28, 2015
Public institution, great place to work.

Newark is a rough area, other than that its a great place to work. A typical day is 9 to 5. The area is safe within the hospitasl, but outside the hospital the area ia very insafe.
Great place to start you work career
Team Leader/Lab Consultant (Current Employee), Newark, NJJune 25, 2015
Pros: Supervisor, and cowroker
Cons: Not enough hours
This place is a awesome place to work and and really suit the student life style. The work atmosphere a nice and friendly, you really learn from working here.
Undergraduate Researcher (Former Employee), Newark, NJJune 20, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: None
should be very productive
Data Entry (Former Employee), New Brunswick, NJJune 19, 2015
I did heavy data entry in numbers and words. Very good pay. Very short time of period. I had a flexible time to work, I could do it home or at office.
Volunteer (Former Employee), New BrunswickJune 13, 2015
Pros: Exposure to different cultures.
I worked for Rutgers University as a resident assistant (RA). It was a very fun experience. I was exposed to a lot of people and learned valuable skills in regards to working within a group.
Excellent
Senior Technician, Ecological Research (Current Employee), Piscataway, NJJune 11, 2015
I have been with my lab for over 7 years. It is an amazing stepping stone for my career. I have collaborated with numerous scientists on various project which has provided me with invaluable experience.
Fantastic place to work
Research Program Coordinator (Current Employee), New Brunswick, NJJune 10, 2015
Competitive salary, good benefits, tremendous research resources, nationalwide reputation, friendly working environment,
Productive workplace
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee), New Brunswick, NJJune 9, 2015
Usually assisting the head of the IT department, Overseeing computer labs throughout the building, and providing technical support to all staff members. Management was great. Hardest part was inventory but the enjoyable was getting to interact with staff members and learning new things about computers
purposeful employment
Reference desk librarian (Former Employee), Newark, NJJune 2, 2015
Pros: interesting patrons, excellent working conditions, friendly co-workers
Cons: long commute
Working at Rutgers was a rewarding experience. The job afforded me the opportunity to work with college students. This was my first experience working in an academic library. I found the students interesting and motivated. I was treated very well by management.
Great opportunity to teach students not in a STEM major.
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Newark, NJJune 1, 2015
Pros: Refreshed my memory on basic things I learned years prior to teaching the lab.
Cons: Too many technical difficulties with the on-hand learning portion of the lab, due to lack of budget.
A typical day at work as a teaching assistant for the lab portion of a Environmental Geology course, would entail in a small lesson on the background of the lab. Being that this lab is a self taught based, it was my job to aid the students having a hard time understanding and completing the lab. Throughout the time that I was at this job, I was able to understand that students will only care about the lesson if you take the time to prove just how relatable it is to them. Whenever it came to a difficult situation that occurred to another teaching assistant, or a relatively common issue that came up in more then once section; management addressed it to the other teaching assistants in a weekly meeting, and as a group we came up with a solution to resolve the issue. Co-workers did a wonderful job in communicating with each other if need be. The hardest part of the job is to see a student truly not care about the course, and I couldn't persuade them the importance of understanding the basics of Earth. The most enjoyable part of the job is when I was able to aid students who didn't understand the course material to the point where they were so interested in the lab that they scored really well in the written portion of the lab.