Rutgers University

Rutgers University Employee Reviews

Rutgers
Director of Neurosurgical Pain Management (Former Employee), Newark, NJJune 28, 2015
Public institution, great place to work.

Newark is a rough area, other than that its a great place to work. A typical day is 9 to 5. The area is safe within the hospitasl, but outside the hospital the area ia very insafe.
Great place to start you work career
Team Leader/Lab Consultant (Current Employee), Newark, NJJune 25, 2015
Pros: Supervisor, and cowroker
Cons: Not enough hours
This place is a awesome place to work and and really suit the student life style. The work atmosphere a nice and friendly, you really learn from working here.
Undergraduate Researcher (Former Employee), Newark, NJJune 20, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: None
should be very productive
Data Entry (Former Employee), New Brunswick, NJJune 19, 2015
I did heavy data entry in numbers and words. Very good pay. Very short time of period. I had a flexible time to work, I could do it home or at office.
Volunteer (Former Employee), New BrunswickJune 13, 2015
Pros: Exposure to different cultures.
I worked for Rutgers University as a resident assistant (RA). It was a very fun experience. I was exposed to a lot of people and learned valuable skills in regards to working within a group.
Excellent
Senior Technician, Ecological Research (Current Employee), Piscataway, NJJune 11, 2015
I have been with my lab for over 7 years. It is an amazing stepping stone for my career. I have collaborated with numerous scientists on various project which has provided me with invaluable experience.
Fantastic place to work
Research Program Coordinator (Current Employee), New Brunswick, NJJune 10, 2015
Competitive salary, good benefits, tremendous research resources, nationalwide reputation, friendly working environment,
Productive workplace
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee), New Brunswick, NJJune 9, 2015
Usually assisting the head of the IT department, Overseeing computer labs throughout the building, and providing technical support to all staff members. Management was great. Hardest part was inventory but the enjoyable was getting to interact with staff members and learning new things about computers
purposeful employment
Reference desk librarian (Former Employee), Newark, NJJune 2, 2015
Pros: interesting patrons, excellent working conditions, friendly co-workers
Cons: long commute
Working at Rutgers was a rewarding experience. The job afforded me the opportunity to work with college students. This was my first experience working in an academic library. I found the students interesting and motivated. I was treated very well by management.
Great opportunity to teach students not in a STEM major.
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Newark, NJJune 1, 2015
Pros: Refreshed my memory on basic things I learned years prior to teaching the lab.
Cons: Too many technical difficulties with the on-hand learning portion of the lab, due to lack of budget.
A typical day at work as a teaching assistant for the lab portion of a Environmental Geology course, would entail in a small lesson on the background of the lab. Being that this lab is a self taught based, it was my job to aid the students having a hard time understanding and completing the lab. Throughout the time that I was at this job, I was able to understand that students will only care about the lesson if you take the time to prove just how relatable it is to them. Whenever it came to a difficult situation that occurred to another teaching assistant, or a relatively common issue that came up in more then once section; management addressed it to the other teaching assistants in a weekly meeting, and as a group we came up with a solution to resolve the issue. Co-workers did a wonderful job in communicating with each other if need be. The hardest part of the job is to see a student truly not care about the course, and I couldn't persuade them the importance of understanding the basics of Earth. The most enjoyable part of the job is when I was able to aid students who didn't understand the course material to the point where they were so interested in the lab that they scored really well in the written portion of the lab.
Teacher's Assistant
Assistant (Former Employee), Camden, NJMay 30, 2015
Pros: Learning new technology (WordPress), on campus, after my classes, fit my schedule
I was an assistant to an art history teacher. I helped scan photos for PowerPoint Presentations and helped him clean up the school's new Fine Arts website on WordPress. Sometimes, the teacher wasn't in, so I had time to finish up my school assignments.
Great place to work in the athletic department.
Assistant Track and Field coach (Current Employee), Camden, NJMay 27, 2015
Cons: part time, not enough compensation
Working for Rutgers Camden University is a great place to work. Everyone is alwasy upbeat and ready to lend a helping hand.
Very good school, interesting stuff happening
Graduate Researcher (Former Employee), Piscataway, NJMay 25, 2015
Pros: Big school, lots of opportunity
Cons: Parking, high pressure to produce
Big university, lots of perks. Parking is a nightmare sometimes though. Depends heavily on what department or work function you are a part of.
Opportunity for Professional Development
Program Director- Veteran Business Outreach Center (Former Employee), Newark, NJMay 22, 2015
Pros: Free education
Cons: limited job opportunities
Organized, administered and coordinated all activities for the Veterans Business Outreach Center program; directed the planning, preparation, evaluation, and control of communications, events, records, statistics, reports, and documentation.
The most difficult part of my job is counseling a client and realizing that their business idea is invalid after they have spent a considerable amount of money.
The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing my clients succeed and attain their goals.
Challenging and difficult to advance
Program Associate II (Former Employee), New Brunswick, NJMay 22, 2015
Many people there are professional and knowledgeable bout nutrition and education, but some people want to run their departments with people they like rather than those who can do the job.
Police Officer Duties and Responsibilities
Police Officer (Former Employee), Newark, NJMay 17, 2015
Provide public assistance, protect persons and property in and about the UMDNJ Newark Campus owned or leased buildings and grounds in accordance with the Department of Public Safety’s rules & regulations and the policy & procedures. Maintain traffic, activity logs, prepare and submit various daily reports.
N/A
Dance Appreciation Online Instructor (Current Employee), New Brunswick, NJMay 15, 2015
I enjoy my students and appreciate my co-workers at Rutgers University. I believe the dance department is a comprehensive conservatory training school for young artist.
Nice Store
PROGRAM ASSISTANT (Current Employee), Cherry Hill, NJMay 13, 2015
Taught sewing lessons to customers. Was able to set my own schedule, and choose what I taught to students. Was limited to items that were sold in the store.
Union Employment at University
Environmental Services Employee (Current Employee), Camden, NJMay 12, 2015
A normal day at work consists of custodial/ maintenance work at a college campus. There are various buildings throughout the campus however my primary assignment was in the science building. The management is somewhat laid-back, but can be forgetful at times. The co-workers are a wide ranged assortment of people, but overall very hardworking and down to earth. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the complaints of the professors and teaching staff. Since the work order system isn't very well thought out, it often becomes redundant and unnecessary. The most enjoyable part of the job is the routine tasks and knowing what is expected each day.
boring work place
Assistant to the Dean of Students Office (Former Employee), Camden, NJApril 20, 2015
again, very boring. not very fast-paced. there was a lot of work to be done but they were all tedious. my co-workers were fun and interesting but this was not a hard job.

1 2 3 4 5

About Rutgers University

With major campuses in northern, central, and southern New Jersey and extension offices and activities in all twenty-one counties, – Read more

Rutgers University Salaries