Rutgers University Employee Reviews

Great Program, poor management
Rutgers Future Scholars Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJJuly 18, 2017
I enjoy working with young people and that's the best part of my job. It's however become stagnant. I've been in my position for a little over a year, and have not been offered full time employment although I've expressed a desire to work full time. I've also seen this with coworkers who've been working with the program for much longer.
Worked you to the grave
Food prep and sanitation (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJJuly 16, 2017
This is one job that made you work unnecessary hours and would not compensate for your lifestyle choices. I do charity in November where I grow my beard out for cancer research and they took away all my hours for the month of November even though I requested to work and even buy my own beard mask. The management was nowhere to be found and if they do not like you they make you work the grill which is the most stressful of all the jobs they had to offer.
Productive and Informational environment
Preservations Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJJuly 12, 2017
➢ Examined and organized books in stacks department; Organized equipment and restock
➢ Repaired damaged books and documents
➢ Assisted in repair of books on the priority list of check out
➢ Trained and mentored new employees
good things
Grill Cook (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJ 08901July 11, 2017
i been out of work because im ordered by my physician to b on lite duty and they wont accomodate it. The benefits u pay for are good. some of the managers are ok.
Great Experience
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJ, USAJuly 10, 2017
It was a pleasure working here for Rutgers Residence Life. It is an extremely fulfilling position that will allow you to grow as an individual and challenge yourself in future endeavours.

Well managed and well organised.
Pros
Free room and board.
Cons
It is a 24/7 kind of position, although not officially.
Allowed to work elsewhere
Postdoctoral Researcher (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJJuly 9, 2017
My job was thru Rutgers but I worked in a different state at a national lab. This was ideal and I didn't have to pay New Jersey taxes. I was able to get a health care plan that worked in my state too.
Pros
world-known university
Cons
no relocation expenses
Great Place to Work
Senior Buyer (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJJuly 9, 2017
Fast paced environment, and a large diverse work place.Extensive job training to keep up with the large demands of all departments within the university.
A good way to develop organizing skills
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJJuly 8, 2017
Working as an office assistant requires that you organize everything so your supervisor doesn't get confused with any important dates or tasks on his/her itinerary, which can be carried over into other occupations
Pros
Working with a computer, friendly supervisors
Cons
N/a
great place
Sales Representative, Ticket Operations (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJJuly 6, 2017
This company offers an awesome work environment. the people are great. the food is awesome. working the games are the best thing ever, it is like front row seats.
Research
Research Assistant- Cognitive Neuroscience (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJJuly 5, 2017
a typical day at work
learned a lot
managed quite well
workplace culture was good
hardest part was overachieving
enjoyable part was doing hands on research

Want to know more about Rutgers University?

Ask a question
Good Student Work
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJJune 26, 2017
Securing a job as a Resident Assistant at Rutgers University is a great way for students to obtain work and leadership experience while in school.....
Education Workplace
Instructional Assistant (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJJune 23, 2017
Great benefits and work environment. PTO is great get plenty hours of sick and vacation time. Management can be better but there is effort. No complaints
Pros
Pto
Cons
Forced overtime
Valuable experience
Intern- Rutgers Future Scholars (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJJune 22, 2017
Although working for a large university was stressful, I developed valuable skills in management and communication during my time there. I would definitely take another position there!
Graduate Teaching and Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJJune 21, 2017
Rutgers is a great place to work with awesome faculty and staff. Everyone is welcoming and helpful and you receive enough support to do your job well. Superb work culture!
friendly company
Payroll clerk (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJJune 12, 2017
A typical day at work was take payments answer anyone questions that came in. and also hand out customer checks. The hardest part of the jon was telling customers that there check was not avialble yet . The most enjoyable part of the job was putting a smile on a customer face.
fun work place
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJJune 9, 2017
I loved my time working at Rutgers aside from having to stand for long hours. I loved the people that I worked with and the managers were pretty cool too.
Pros
good company
Cons
standing for a long time
fun workplace
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Piscataway, NJJune 9, 2017
a typical day at work is all based around the customers we usually work off o\f customers requests. not really a stressful situation, the hardest part about the job would probably be getting the orders of the customers wrong, which causes some confusion but other than that, the job is relatively easy.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Fun place to work for !
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJJune 8, 2017
Working for Rutgers is amazing! The campus is beautiful, the location is very convenient (there is a NJ Transit train very close). The positions themselves are well paid and the co-workers are very professional, knowledgeable and courteous! What a great place to work in ! I recommend it highly !!!
Pros
Gym, movies, attractions, culture, connections, learning activities for the entire family
Cons
The campuses are huge. Transportation among the campuses takes time !
Productive, supportive and informative
Tutor Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJJune 7, 2017
Allow me to teach others how to be a leader. A typical day at work would be to supervise tutors, contact professors or students who would be interested in tutoring one on one or big groups of students who are eager to learn
A very large and diverse organization
Associate Dean, Mason Gross School of the Arts (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJJune 7, 2017
Rutgers is on the cusp of something big. It is at the point where it is about to get out of its own way and make its name in the Big 10. It has 65,000 students. It is one of the most diverse institutions of its kind in the country. It has an exemplary faculty, who are doing ground-breaking research. It is an institution where anyone would be proud to be there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rutgers University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3