Rutgers University

Rutgers University Employer Reviews

Great experience
Undergraduate Researcher (Current Employee), Piscatway, NJJanuary 23, 2015
Working as an undergraduate research student allowed me to understand and feel what it is like to conduct research. I would talk to subjects, design my own projects, and analyze data. I also had the opportunity to present my findings and receive a publication. I did not get paid but it was worth it.
Teaching Internship
Undergraduate Instructional Assistant (Former Employee), New Brunswick, NJJanuary 22, 2015
A typical day consisted of sitting in class; the professor would usually lecture and I would take notes and assist in class discussions and activities. Organization, attention to detail, and the ability to make proper judgements are all valuable traits that I have acquired through this experience. The most difficult aspect of this job was being authoritative with the students, being as we were very close in age. However, this was achieved over time. The most rewarding part of the internship was giving students advice and helping them succeed.
best job I ever had
Computer Operator (Former Employee), New Brunswick, NJJanuary 21, 2015
this job worked with me , showed me all the things I need to know to become a good Mainframe operator. My bosses were great, and so was my co workers
Excellent place to learn and visualize yourself
Research Assocaite III (Current Employee), NewarkJanuary 21, 2015
I have been working at Rutgers since past 5 years and have developed many new skills in particular in research.
Rutgers Development Positions
Development Specialist (Current Employee), New Brunswick, NJJanuary 14, 2015
Rutgers is an excellent institution of higher education. You will learn a lot about fundraising while employed with the University. The experienced gained is valuable and easily transferable.
Fun place to work for current Rutgers Students
Scarlet Ambassador (Current Employee), Newark, NJJanuary 13, 2015
I really enjoy working here since the Scarlet Ambassadors are all current students we have a friendly work environment. We give campus tours and as someone that really enjoys interacting with people its something that I enjoy doing. I also like being able to help out the prospective students in regards to majors, where things are and the application process.
help students
Student Representative (Former Employee), New Brunswick, NJJanuary 2, 2015
able to gain rapport within the company, helping out students and providing the best help
Very good
Postdoctoral research fellow (Current Employee), Newark, NJDecember 22, 2014
The staff is amazing. as long as the lab has money, it wont be a problem .
Student equipment manager
Student Equipment Manager (Former Employee), Piscataway, NJDecember 18, 2014
Working alongside the Rutgers football team was an amazing opportunity for me. Those kids and coaches really work their tails off to put together the best season possible. I assisted coaches with setting up drills and helping coordinate practice.
A great institution that puts education first and culture a close second
Game Design Instructor (Current Employee), New Brunswick, New JerseyDecember 16, 2014
There are many great opportunities to better yourself as an educator at Rutgers. They provide relatively constant free seminars on current teaching methods and practices and work with their part time instructors to keep them informed and prepared. I am given flexibility to teach as I see fit as long as my students are happy and perform well. I have nothing but good things to say about Rutgers.
Non-tenured staff position with no job security
Laboratory Supervisor (Former Employee), Camden, NJDecember 9, 2014
Pros: more freedom and flexibility to cheive job goals
Cons: the "singular" department "slave"; no job security; was laid off
Although I brought 20 years of industrial chemical experience and a
Masters degree, I was a junior member of the department where
six Professors with Ph.D 's ruled the roost. I was the sole individual
that had assorted blue collar duties in addition to technical expertise.

I had to be a self-starter; managing my own time and progress.
Good communications were needed..having six different superiors.

Workplace was true Academia.

I enjoyed the freedom to create my own time slots; that needed to
bend to the needs of the Department. Industry workplace was all
productivity on routine analyses and work load
Productive and fun work place with great oppurtunity to learn
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), New Brunswick, NJDecember 9, 2014
Pros: to work and be given a free education is a great thing many people don't have.
Cons: the traffic getting to the worksite day to day can be a hassle .
I am currently here at Rutgers University, School of Social Work
contracted to work on a project, that is almost complete. I am truly enjoying the experience working with all trainers in three sites . Yes, I traveled to and from Parsippany, Princeton and Cherry Hill. NJCSI is a fast pace environment, we train all state employees that work in child support. So regulations are constantly changing. You meet a new group of people every class. We are allowed to take classes. The most enjoyable part is seeing the participants after they have trained with us. The hardest part is going to be leaving when my contract ends!
Productive and creative working environment.
SOCIAL NETWORK STUDENT RESEARCHER (Current Employee), New Brunswick, NJDecember 8, 2014
A very free work environment. The little supervision allowed me great flexibility to think about how to approach each programming decision.
family oriented job
Student Health Advocate (Former Employee), Newark, NJDecember 1, 2014
Pros: experiences
Cons: no benefits
I love Rutgers health services. I have gained a lot such as customer service skills, positive working environment energy, patience . the most enjoyable part of it all was meeting great people along the way and educating my peers about controversial topics.
Productive and fun
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Rutgers UniversityNovember 29, 2014
Pros: how much you learn and grow
Awesome position. Excited when i got it! The students, the professors and fellow TA were all great. Could not have asked for more
OK PLACE TO WORK
TEMP (Former Employee), Piscataway, NJNovember 27, 2014
JUST A TEMP JOB. MUST HAVE KIDS TO WORK PERM. THERE! FROM WHAT I GOT!!
I like the respect and working environment
Dental Assistant, Pediatrics (Current Employee), Newark, NJNovember 18, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: location
I enjoy coming to work because we all work as a team. The hardest part of the job is to control certain kids but there is always an option. The option of choice is always rewarding at the end.
Great people, great mission!
Marketing and Administration Coordinator (Current Employee), Piscataway, NJNovember 17, 2014
I work for Answer, a program at Rutgers University. My favorite part about my job is the culture, we are like a family. Everyone is passionate about our mission so that energy is evident throughout our office.
Great experience and attained a lot of new knowledge
ARESTY RESEARCH ASSISTANT PROGRAM (Current Employee), New Brunswick, NJNovember 11, 2014
• Will present final research at the Annual Undergraduate Research Symposium in April 2015 to over 200 people
• Gained exposure to collecting, coding, and analyzing data
• Assisted in project management including scheduling surveys and interviews and document management
typical day at work
Research Assistant (Former Employee), New Brunswick, NJNovember 7, 2014
typical day at work. Worked independently and did all projects under the guidance and training of the lab scientist

1 2 3 4 5

About Rutgers University

With major campuses in northern, central, and southern New Jersey and extension offices and activities in all twenty-one counties, – Read more

Rutgers University Photos