Rutgers University Employee Reviews in United States

Inspirong and enhancing
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Piscataway, NJMarch 31, 2016
I am involved in the research of investigating synthesis methods, of formation of biopolymer hydrogel particles, by cross-linking chitosan and polylysine polymers, having application as water purification adsorbents. Specifically, various substances capable of cross-linking chitosan and polylysine polymers are being examined.

This involves, lab practices/experience, and preparation of adequate lab/research reports, which overall has enhanced my knowledge significantly, in pharmaceuticals.
Pros
wonderful
Welcoming environment
Information assistance (Current Employee) –  Piscataway, NJMay 24, 2016
Coming to work everyday isn't stressful thought. I love working at Rutgers because I feel welcomed and happy. The other employees are very social and are always helping you out. there's a huge team effort and team building. Every other week we have meetings to get closer to one another and also discuss issues that we can handle better and also how we can enhance costumer service.
Pros
flexible hours
Fun college athletic environment
Assistant to Associate Athletic Director (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJMay 27, 2016
Worked directly under the Associate Athletic Director. We provided exemplary athletic equipment management, kept a high standard for the quality of our facilities and kept everything modern and up to date. We were able to provide a fun environment for our student-athletes as well as the many other employees that worked along side us.
Good Student Job
Manager (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJFebruary 18, 2016
Planned and organized all University sponsored events. Reviewed, negotiated and prepared event contracts. Managed all aspects in preparation of events, including personnel.
Handled store procurement process, reviewed bids, negotiated contracts, and maintained relationships with vendors and suppliers. Prepared, reviewed and balanced store budget and service agreements. Served as primary liaison with customers.
Extremely Competitive
Offensive Line Assistant/Special Teams Assistant (Current Employee) –  Piscataway, NJApril 5, 2016
Extremely intense environment. Learn to work on edge. Management works with incredible leadership. Co-Workers are very competitive and intense. Very long hours and lots of travel and time away from home with no days off from August until December. Rewarding to work with kids.
Pros
Free Meals
Cons
18 Hour Work Days
Micromanagement
Program Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJFebruary 22, 2016
Working for Rutgers in general is really great. Benefits and salary is very competitive. However, the new leadership in the Graduate medical education department make it very difficult for employee to love their job. Other people are getting all the credits for the work that you did and get often paid out of title pay for work they didn't do.
It was an experience to be had
TRIO Talent Search East Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJDecember 18, 2015
Rutgers University is one of the most diverse places I have ever been to. The sheer number of different ethnicities, races, people is extraordinary and therefore, it taught me to be open-minded and gave me a wonderful opportunity to learn different perspectives. It pushed me to think outside of the box and contemplate scenarios I hadn't beforehand and it was just a n overall enriched experience.
Pros
diversity
Cons
busy schedules
The co-workers at the job were really friendly and were like friends to me
Student Assistant II, Student Accounting Office (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJDecember 27, 2015
• Reviewing student accounts to determine their debit or credit balances and submitting billing notices to students for outstanding balances was the most exciting part of the job.
Pros
There was free lunch sometimes
Cons
There were breaks but I worked past those break almost all of the time
Good work environment, student managers a little overzealous.
Event Staff (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJDecember 29, 2015
Good community and had a family closeness. Job requirements were not extraordinary though occasionally demanding. Students were able to become managers and certain ones were very respectful and others were not when the senior managers weren't around. This caused lack of trust among managers and other employees.
Strong academic institution with a wealth of opportunities
Research Associate (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJMay 12, 2016
The sky's the limit for those with smart ideas and strong work ethic. Communication between departments could be enhanced but the resources necessary to perform top notice research are well within reach.
Productive and diverse work environment
Lead Public Health Representative (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJJanuary 22, 2016
Rutgers is a reputable company to be a part of. It provides good benefits and many opportunity for growth in various areas of interest. A typical day at Rutgers is research driven that involves interacting with patients and conducting data collection.
A good place to work
Head accounting clerk (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJFebruary 4, 2016
I'm grateful for my time at Rutgers University. My position was not just accounting or counting money but also being to able to help students and parents in difficult situations. That was my greatest satisfaction.
Pros
Hour lunches, excellent benefits
Cons
Work flow was not smooth
Rutgers Is give and take
Cashier/Food Preparer (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJApril 4, 2016
While Rutgers can be give and take it is usually good with getting a job on campus and there are not too many hoops to jump through to get a job that is right for you that is flexible, Pay could be better on average but is fair.
Rutgers University
Mason Gross School of the Arts (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJMay 19, 2016
Amazing place to grow and learn, especially in dance. The staff is great along with the dancers you study with. Overall, it is an amazing place to study dance.
Pros
Lots of different styes and techniques of dance.
Cons
None.
Great company
Housekeeping Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Piscataway, NJFebruary 3, 2016
Ive learned to enhance the work of my employees by being better able to communicate. This organizations made me grow and improve. Showed me what i really want to do in life
Pros
great job.. great benfits
Cons
alot of taxes . bring home not enough money to pay bills
Learned a lot
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJDecember 23, 2015
Working as a Resident Assistant taught me a lot, and was a great experience for situation de-escalation and other skills. Staff, both on my level and higher up was very supportive. The job was demanding, but it provided an opportunity for free housing, which was very appreciated.
Predictive modeling
Predictive Analytics Intern (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJMarch 29, 2016
Analyzed data on high school students to identify features that best predict high school dropout rates among them, using machine learning algorithms and data mining techniques.
RN Clinical Nurse Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Thorofare, NJMay 23, 2016
Rutgers is a great place to work. Staff is great. Human Resource and leadership are very helpful and supportive. Benefits are competitive with current market.
Pros
great benefits
Good experience while finishing up my degree
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJMarch 17, 2016
I was just a undergrad student helping a PhD with his research, but it was a great learning experience. The professor was brilliant and I enjoyed working for her.
Good Working Environment
Research and Teaching Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJDecember 2, 2015
The researching condition is good. There are plant of instruments to be used. Scientists are doing right things.

There are many researchers from foreign counties including China, India, Japan and Taiwan.
Pros
No free lunch!
Cons
too long break time, waste of time

4.3