Rutgers University Employee Reviews

Great experience
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  NJAugust 20, 2017
Went here for grad and undergrad. Good working environment and the faculty care about student learning and student growth. Nothing bad to say about Rutgers University.
there intakes with the clients were very poor
Senior Clerk Driver (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJAugust 17, 2017
I transport clients all day, up date transportation schedule daily. Schedule the drivers routes, deliver lab specimens daily . I emphasize with all the clients.. some of them lost there way to reality. I under stoop more about a person when they are addictive to drugs, its not easy for them to stop, its very challenging for them. it was very hard when 1 of the clients lost there battle to drugs. I did like meeting new people
Pros
good benefits
Cons
no safety
Very good work place
Coustodian (Former Employee) –  4th st . Camden N.J. 08102.August 15, 2017
Very good places to work. The people their were to work with. Management was great also.They were always available when needed. They had no problem assisting when problems arosed.
Pros
All major holidays off.
Cons
Partime workers no benifits.
Research Assistant
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJAugust 14, 2017
Worked as a research assistant in the behavioral neuroscience lab & learned skills, knowledge and techniques that I continue to use today. The lab staff was extremely supportive, knowledgable and willing to offer their time to assist me in building and learning how to test my own hypothesis.
great school
Research Assistant and Lecturer (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJAugust 10, 2017
Great academic environment to study and research. The school has lots of amenities including gym, cinema, and etc. The location is 50 mintues away from new york city.
nice
organization president (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJAugust 1, 2017
Informed the Rutgers Student population about the options of Dentistry as a health profession
Travelled to various Elementary Schools to educate younger children about the importance of dental hygiene
Organized major event pertaining to the organization
Houseman/Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJAugust 1, 2017
I learned how to deal with people of many cultures, gathered altogether at one time. the events were really rewarding as well as we interacted with Professors, Alumni, and students.
Pros
Free Meals
Cons
Short Breaks
good university
Student Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJAugust 1, 2017
helpful professors and they are open to ideas. This was a senior design project and overall it was nice experience. Selecting good team members is very important
Student at Rutgers
Undergraduate Student (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJuly 28, 2017
The classes were interesting. The teachers were helpful and cared about the students education. They provided a large selection of classes to choose from.
Pros
Caring teachers
Cons
Classes were too long
Great Program, poor management
Rutgers Future Scholars Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJJuly 18, 2017
I enjoy working with young people and that's the best part of my job. It's however become stagnant. I've been in my position for a little over a year, and have not been offered full time employment although I've expressed a desire to work full time. I've also seen this with coworkers who've been working with the program for much longer.
Worked you to the grave
Food prep and sanitation (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJJuly 16, 2017
This is one job that made you work unnecessary hours and would not compensate for your lifestyle choices. I do charity in November where I grow my beard out for cancer research and they took away all my hours for the month of November even though I requested to work and even buy my own beard mask. The management was nowhere to be found and if they do not like you they make you work the grill which is the most stressful of all the jobs they had to offer.
Productive and Informational environment
Preservations Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJJuly 12, 2017
➢ Examined and organized books in stacks department; Organized equipment and restock
➢ Repaired damaged books and documents
➢ Assisted in repair of books on the priority list of check out
➢ Trained and mentored new employees
good things
Grill Cook (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJ 08901July 11, 2017
i been out of work because im ordered by my physician to b on lite duty and they wont accomodate it. The benefits u pay for are good. some of the managers are ok.
Great Experience
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJ, USAJuly 10, 2017
It was a pleasure working here for Rutgers Residence Life. It is an extremely fulfilling position that will allow you to grow as an individual and challenge yourself in future endeavours.

Well managed and well organised.
Pros
Free room and board.
Cons
It is a 24/7 kind of position, although not officially.
Allowed to work elsewhere
Postdoctoral Researcher (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJJuly 9, 2017
My job was thru Rutgers but I worked in a different state at a national lab. This was ideal and I didn't have to pay New Jersey taxes. I was able to get a health care plan that worked in my state too.
Pros
world-known university
Cons
no relocation expenses
Great Place to Work
Senior Buyer (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJJuly 9, 2017
Fast paced environment, and a large diverse work place.Extensive job training to keep up with the large demands of all departments within the university.
A good way to develop organizing skills
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJJuly 8, 2017
Working as an office assistant requires that you organize everything so your supervisor doesn't get confused with any important dates or tasks on his/her itinerary, which can be carried over into other occupations
Pros
Working with a computer, friendly supervisors
Cons
N/a
great place
Sales Representative, Ticket Operations (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJJuly 6, 2017
This company offers an awesome work environment. the people are great. the food is awesome. working the games are the best thing ever, it is like front row seats.
Research
Research Assistant- Cognitive Neuroscience (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJJuly 5, 2017
a typical day at work
learned a lot
managed quite well
workplace culture was good
hardest part was overachieving
enjoyable part was doing hands on research
Good Student Work
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJJune 26, 2017
Securing a job as a Resident Assistant at Rutgers University is a great way for students to obtain work and leadership experience while in school.....

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rutgers University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3