Rutgers University

Rutgers University Employer Reviews

Very fun, challenging and rewarding enviroment
Resident Assistant (Current Employee), Newark, NJMarch 28, 2015
Working administrative duties and then also helping residents could be a lot to juggle but the environment is excellent.
Great place to work and discover science.
Laboratory Researcher (Current Employee), Piscataway, NJMarch 27, 2015
Pros: extremely good health benefits and retirement options.
Cons: Salary is on lowest range and annual raise in minimal.
Wonderful work place with intelligent people always available for help.
Typical day at work is 9-5 consisting of wet lab protein research, meetings, and conference calls. This place has perfect balance between fun and productivity. Fun loving people doing great science so learning experience becomes enjoyable and interesting.
Great place for work Study
Campus Employee (Former Employee), Camden, NJMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Got to meet new people, study and learn new skills like inventory & placing store orders
Cons: Not enough people to cover shifts if someone calls in sick
Great place to study and work for a few extra $$. You could chat with your friends at work and also play pool when the store was almost empty. My boss is very nice and laid back. Would definitely recommend to work here.
Research Assistant
Research assistant (Current Employee), New Brunswick, njMarch 12, 2015
Pros: Nothing.
Cons: Parking is a fortune, little to no pay
I had two different positions at Rutgers; one in Newark and one in New Brunswick. I worked for months without pay and had to pay for parking every day. The system is so corrupt and nobody cares that you are not getting paid and your entire credit card bill is of parking passes. I waited over two months and still no pay! How could a company hire someone without validating and completing all the paperwork? I am fed up with this entire merger between UMDNJ and Rutgers. The entire school is disorganized and every process is delayed by months. I work like a dog every day and I can't even afford a piece of gum. I am so broke and at my breaking point with this school. I advise all to stay away!
Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee), Piscataway, NJMarch 10, 2015
It is a great place to work at with professional co-workers and a supportive management. Was a great learning experience for me.
Overall good
Research Assistant (Current Employee), New Brunswick, NJMarch 7, 2015
Located in a busy part in Shanghai, easy to get access to good places for lunch, dinner.
Easy transportation, great subways in Shanghai, much better than NYC.
Nice building of the working place, but intensive work.
Productive and conducive to accomplishment.
Professor (Former Employee), New Brunswick, NJMarch 5, 2015
Great place to work. Accomplished a great deal of research and written many publications in my field. Also wrote two books in my area of specialty.
Rutgers University
MAJOR GIFTS DEVELOPMENT OFFICER (Current Employee), Piscataway, NJMarch 4, 2015
Rutgers is an interesting place to work. Provides employees with a work life balance. Job requirements differ based on your department and manager. The responsibilities and culture vary greatly from department to department.
Supportive environment to do high quality research
Researcher (Current Employee), Piscataway, NJFebruary 26, 2015
Great place to work. The administration staff are very helpful and nice to interact with. Research colleagues are insightful and collaborative.
Very rewarding place to work
Clerical Assistant (Current Employee), New Brunswick, NJFebruary 24, 2015
Work is rewarding and co workers are wonderful to work with. A typical day involves working with students regarding issues with school identification cards, and meal plans, working with university network computer programs.
Good place to work for undergrads
Research Assistant, Herbicides and Fungicides (Current Employee), New Brunswick, NJFebruary 21, 2015
I'm working as an hourly, it's a good place to work minus all the politics. A typical day is either data entry or greenhouse work.
good salary
Instructor (Former Employee), Newark, NJFebruary 18, 2015
it is a nice place to work, very qualified professors, good location , salary is competitive, research support is quite good, students are smart
worse
Lab Technician (Former Employee), brunswickFebruary 9, 2015
Salary sucks and raises are minimal. You will have to work major holidays because it is a call center that is open 24/7/365. It can be a stressful environment depending on your personality. If you are on the work-life team, which is where most people start out, you are expected to answer a certain number of calls per day and complete a certain number of cases...if you don't meet quota, watch out. Some people like the pressure, some collapse under it. I have seen so many quality individuals get stuck working here, not getting promoted and not moving on to better things. There are opportunities to move within the company, but you have to do your time on the baseline level and it sometimes takes a 2+ years to move up and when you do, don't expect that much of a pay raise.
Great experience
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee), Camden, NJFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: interesting
Cons: no job assurance
Created and taught a course in housing policy for upper level undergrads and graduate students in the Urban Studies and Masters programs
College facilities and connections meets engineering consulting
Research Intern (Former Employee), New BrunswickFebruary 6, 2015
The combination of the expertise between the university and the engineering services group allowed people with the best ideas and knowledge of the project work together to make a working product that will be usable for years to come if the time and finances are available.
Great Work Environment but limited hours
Community Service Officer (Former Employee), 55 Commercial Avenue, New Brunswick, NJFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: variety of shifts, great work environment
Cons: limited opportunities to work
The Rutgers Community Service Officer program is great. It's an interesting job, the managers are very nice and the work environment is great. The only issue is that, especially when you are new, you do not have many consistent work hours. Instead, you sign up for shifts as they come and there may be weeks where you work only 4 hours. So do not take this job if you are solely dependent on it for income. The upside to this is that after working for the CSO program for 2 years you have the opportunity to work for the Rutgers Full time security program, and then eventually RUPD.
Great experience
Undergraduate Researcher (Current Employee), Piscatway, NJJanuary 23, 2015
Working as an undergraduate research student allowed me to understand and feel what it is like to conduct research. I would talk to subjects, design my own projects, and analyze data. I also had the opportunity to present my findings and receive a publication. I did not get paid but it was worth it.
Teaching Internship
Undergraduate Instructional Assistant (Former Employee), New Brunswick, NJJanuary 22, 2015
A typical day consisted of sitting in class; the professor would usually lecture and I would take notes and assist in class discussions and activities. Organization, attention to detail, and the ability to make proper judgements are all valuable traits that I have acquired through this experience. The most difficult aspect of this job was being authoritative with the students, being as we were very close in age. However, this was achieved over time. The most rewarding part of the internship was giving students advice and helping them succeed.
best job I ever had
Computer Operator (Former Employee), New Brunswick, NJJanuary 21, 2015
this job worked with me , showed me all the things I need to know to become a good Mainframe operator. My bosses were great, and so was my co workers
Excellent place to learn and visualize yourself
Research Assocaite III (Current Employee), NewarkJanuary 21, 2015
I have been working at Rutgers since past 5 years and have developed many new skills in particular in research.

1 2 3 4 5

About Rutgers University

With major campuses in northern, central, and southern New Jersey and extension offices and activities in all twenty-one counties, – Read more

Rutgers University Photos