Rutgers University

Rutgers University Employer Reviews

Supportive environment to do high quality research
Researcher (Current Employee), Piscataway, NJFebruary 26, 2015
Great place to work. The administration staff are very helpful and nice to interact with. Research colleagues are insightful and collaborative.
Very rewarding place to work
Clerical Assistant (Current Employee), New Brunswick, NJFebruary 24, 2015
Work is rewarding and co workers are wonderful to work with. A typical day involves working with students regarding issues with school identification cards, and meal plans, working with university network computer programs.
Good place to work for undergrads
Research Assistant, Herbicides and Fungicides (Current Employee), New Brunswick, NJFebruary 21, 2015
I'm working as an hourly, it's a good place to work minus all the politics. A typical day is either data entry or greenhouse work.
good salary
Instructor (Former Employee), Newark, NJFebruary 18, 2015
it is a nice place to work, very qualified professors, good location , salary is competitive, research support is quite good, students are smart
worse
Lab Technician (Former Employee), brunswickFebruary 9, 2015
Salary sucks and raises are minimal. You will have to work major holidays because it is a call center that is open 24/7/365. It can be a stressful environment depending on your personality. If you are on the work-life team, which is where most people start out, you are expected to answer a certain number of calls per day and complete a certain number of cases...if you don't meet quota, watch out. Some people like the pressure, some collapse under it. I have seen so many quality individuals get stuck working here, not getting promoted and not moving on to better things. There are opportunities to move within the company, but you have to do your time on the baseline level and it sometimes takes a 2+ years to move up and when you do, don't expect that much of a pay raise.
Great experience
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee), Camden, NJFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: interesting
Cons: no job assurance
Created and taught a course in housing policy for upper level undergrads and graduate students in the Urban Studies and Masters programs
College facilities and connections meets engineering consulting
Research Intern (Former Employee), New BrunswickFebruary 6, 2015
The combination of the expertise between the university and the engineering services group allowed people with the best ideas and knowledge of the project work together to make a working product that will be usable for years to come if the time and finances are available.
Great Work Environment but limited hours
Community Service Officer (Former Employee), 55 Commercial Avenue, New Brunswick, NJFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: variety of shifts, great work environment
Cons: limited opportunities to work
The Rutgers Community Service Officer program is great. It's an interesting job, the managers are very nice and the work environment is great. The only issue is that, especially when you are new, you do not have many consistent work hours. Instead, you sign up for shifts as they come and there may be weeks where you work only 4 hours. So do not take this job if you are solely dependent on it for income. The upside to this is that after working for the CSO program for 2 years you have the opportunity to work for the Rutgers Full time security program, and then eventually RUPD.
Great experience
Undergraduate Researcher (Current Employee), Piscatway, NJJanuary 23, 2015
Working as an undergraduate research student allowed me to understand and feel what it is like to conduct research. I would talk to subjects, design my own projects, and analyze data. I also had the opportunity to present my findings and receive a publication. I did not get paid but it was worth it.
Teaching Internship
Undergraduate Instructional Assistant (Former Employee), New Brunswick, NJJanuary 22, 2015
A typical day consisted of sitting in class; the professor would usually lecture and I would take notes and assist in class discussions and activities. Organization, attention to detail, and the ability to make proper judgements are all valuable traits that I have acquired through this experience. The most difficult aspect of this job was being authoritative with the students, being as we were very close in age. However, this was achieved over time. The most rewarding part of the internship was giving students advice and helping them succeed.
best job I ever had
Computer Operator (Former Employee), New Brunswick, NJJanuary 21, 2015
this job worked with me , showed me all the things I need to know to become a good Mainframe operator. My bosses were great, and so was my co workers
Excellent place to learn and visualize yourself
Research Assocaite III (Current Employee), NewarkJanuary 21, 2015
I have been working at Rutgers since past 5 years and have developed many new skills in particular in research.
Rutgers Development Positions
Development Specialist (Current Employee), New Brunswick, NJJanuary 14, 2015
Rutgers is an excellent institution of higher education. You will learn a lot about fundraising while employed with the University. The experienced gained is valuable and easily transferable.
Fun place to work for current Rutgers Students
Scarlet Ambassador (Current Employee), Newark, NJJanuary 13, 2015
I really enjoy working here since the Scarlet Ambassadors are all current students we have a friendly work environment. We give campus tours and as someone that really enjoys interacting with people its something that I enjoy doing. I also like being able to help out the prospective students in regards to majors, where things are and the application process.
help students
Student Representative (Former Employee), New Brunswick, NJJanuary 2, 2015
able to gain rapport within the company, helping out students and providing the best help
Very good
Postdoctoral research fellow (Current Employee), Newark, NJDecember 22, 2014
The staff is amazing. as long as the lab has money, it wont be a problem .
Student equipment manager
Student Equipment Manager (Former Employee), Piscataway, NJDecember 18, 2014
Working alongside the Rutgers football team was an amazing opportunity for me. Those kids and coaches really work their tails off to put together the best season possible. I assisted coaches with setting up drills and helping coordinate practice.
A great institution that puts education first and culture a close second
Game Design Instructor (Current Employee), New Brunswick, New JerseyDecember 16, 2014
There are many great opportunities to better yourself as an educator at Rutgers. They provide relatively constant free seminars on current teaching methods and practices and work with their part time instructors to keep them informed and prepared. I am given flexibility to teach as I see fit as long as my students are happy and perform well. I have nothing but good things to say about Rutgers.
Non-tenured staff position with no job security
Laboratory Supervisor (Former Employee), Camden, NJDecember 9, 2014
Pros: more freedom and flexibility to cheive job goals
Cons: the "singular" department "slave"; no job security; was laid off
Although I brought 20 years of industrial chemical experience and a
Masters degree, I was a junior member of the department where
six Professors with Ph.D 's ruled the roost. I was the sole individual
that had assorted blue collar duties in addition to technical expertise.

I had to be a self-starter; managing my own time and progress.
Good communications were needed..having six different superiors.

Workplace was true Academia.

I enjoyed the freedom to create my own time slots; that needed to
bend to the needs of the Department. Industry workplace was all
productivity on routine analyses and work load
Productive and fun work place with great oppurtunity to learn
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), New Brunswick, NJDecember 9, 2014
Pros: to work and be given a free education is a great thing many people don't have.
Cons: the traffic getting to the worksite day to day can be a hassle .
I am currently here at Rutgers University, School of Social Work
contracted to work on a project, that is almost complete. I am truly enjoying the experience working with all trainers in three sites . Yes, I traveled to and from Parsippany, Princeton and Cherry Hill. NJCSI is a fast pace environment, we train all state employees that work in child support. So regulations are constantly changing. You meet a new group of people every class. We are allowed to take classes. The most enjoyable part is seeing the participants after they have trained with us. The hardest part is going to be leaving when my contract ends!

1 2 3 4 5

About Rutgers University

With major campuses in northern, central, and southern New Jersey and extension offices and activities in all twenty-one counties, – Read more

Rutgers University Photos