Rutgers University

Rutgers University Employer Reviews

Great experience and good place to learn
IT Manager (Current Employee), Piscataway, NJSeptember 18, 2014
- Wear many hats.
- Lots of areas for IT to expand
- Good co-workers
- No overtime for Management positions
- Working with many different people
Commited teams but poor interdepartement collaboration
Program Development Specialist (Former Employee), Newark, NJSeptember 15, 2014
Rutgers is a great place for research, but I often felt it was composed of too many silos and inter-department collaboration was not always possible.
gym monitor
Receptionist/ Customer Service (Former Employee), Newark, NJSeptember 13, 2014
Pros: freedom, fun people to work with, easy to do
Cons: gets boring, not a lot of hours worked
clean up weights off the floor
watching individuals making sure people are using the machinery properly

wiping down machines

making sure individuals are properly dressed to workout
A place to grow
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Piscataway, NJSeptember 10, 2014
Rutgers has trained me in the personal, professional, and emotional forms to be successful in any other job.
Changing Student's Lives
Resident Assistant (Former Employee), Newark NJSeptember 9, 2014
Working with Rutgers taught me so many things, such as dealing with different people from different backgrounds. This is a true diverse campus. Not only as it was a teaching experience, I was able to teach others and help others (freshmen) have a successful first year at RU.

Being an RA, we worked with different co-workers and we bonded over our residents – more... and our duties. We truly had each other backs. – less
Changing Student's Lives
Resident Assistant (Former Employee), Newark NJSeptember 9, 2014

Great place to learn and grow to mid-level.
Director, Business Operations (Current Employee), New Brunswick, NJSeptember 2, 2014
Good place to learn and grow. At mid-level, opportunities are limited to continue to move up. Work/life balance is good. Good co-workers. Not very challenging after a few years as not many opportunities to rotate within the university to learn new skills.
Easy Going and Supportive Work Place
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Newark, NJAugust 25, 2014
Rutgers is a very flexible place to work. They are very understanding of other obligations and work with you if you prove to be a valuable asset to the team. There are a lot of networking opportunities as major companies and important persons are constantly visiting. It's important to get to know the other departments and students and attend events – more... outside of those are just work-related as the university has so much to offer and will make your work experience way more enjoyable. – less
Good for someone nearing retirement
PROJECT COORDINATOR (Current Employee), New BrunswickAugust 24, 2014
Pros: great benefits and you don't have to work hard
Cons: you won't get paid well unless you're faculty. don't look for annual increases. better for older, ready to retire or those almost ready to 'kick the bucket'.....
Very good place to come and coast - particularly as an administrator. The idea of managing towards goals or towards completing a task is laughable here. There's so much confusion that if you make a mistake it can easily be blamed on the next guy. The best thing to do here is get people to like you.
great place to work
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Piscataway, NJAugust 12, 2014
nice people, nice working environment
many interesting projects
Excellent place for internships
Intern Curator (Former Employee), New Brunswick, NJAugust 12, 2014
Great place for internships with excellent guidance from proctors.
Comfortable place to work
Facilities Coordinator (Current Employee), New Brunswick, NJAugust 5, 2014
Great place to learn
Can earn another degree while working
Excellent place to work
Associate Director (Current Employee), Piscataway, NJAugust 1, 2014
Excellent place to work. Same like other reviews for Rutgers University.
Excellent management and environment.
Research Assistant NIJ RTM Project Grant (Current Employee), Newark, NJJuly 29, 2014
Pros: informative meetings, great hours, interesting work
Great team to work with, I enjoy learning with every new step towards the research project.
Interesting research topic I was glad to help contribute to the understanding of with my undergraduate backgraound
Head of Project Development and Literature Review (Former Employee), New Brunswick, New JerseyJuly 18, 2014
Great experience in which I would have weekly meetings with the head adviser Tobiah Horton and helped to brainstorm the experiments to be produced and the understanding of chemical reactions that occurred for the research topic
Enjoyed this position
Para Transit Driver (Former Employee), New Brunswick, NJJuly 9, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: no room for advancement, and due to the hours, was not able to work a supplemental job
I coordinated, executed, and recorded in an excel spreadsheet results of daily pick ups and drop offs of students and teachers with special needs.
My first experience working in the lab
Student Lab Assistant (Former Employee), New Jersey, USAJuly 4, 2014
Was greatly helped by my supervisor in improving my skills. Great first scienc job.
Average work environments
Service Worker B/ Cashier (Current Employee), Camden, NJJune 30, 2014
Pros: get to create and learn about different foods and recipes
Cons: meals are deducted out of your check for the kitchen staff and people, personalities can be difficult but manageable, can be hard to get full-time hours
Depending on who you work your day can be productive and fun or long not so productive.
Great experience
Clerical Worker/Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), New Brunswick, NJJune 30, 2014
Working in the Student Affairs office was great. There was an opportunity to learn about the student leader process.
Wonderful
Event Staff, Student Life - Cook Campus Center (Former Employee), New Brunswick, NJJune 25, 2014
Rutgers is a fantastic university. I learned time management, organizational skills and how to behave in a professional environment.

1 2 3 4 5

About Rutgers University

With major campuses in northern, central, and southern New Jersey and extension offices and activities in all twenty-one counties, – Read more

Rutgers University Photos