Rutgers University Employee Reviews

Sr. Accountant (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJFebruary 23, 2017
Very busy. good environment. People are friendly. lots of work but no breaks. No benefits. Short staff so they should hire someone.
Productive and less Job stress
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJFebruary 23, 2017
Working as a teaching Assistant at Rutgers University in the Electrical and Computer Engineering is productive since I get to spread the knowledge to follow students. It is a part time oncampus job. The management is great here and the workplace culture is good.
Friendly environment to work
Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Bridgeton, NJFebruary 20, 2017
Rutgers is a great University. I like the way Agricultural Research is conducted by the faculty and staff and I am proud to be part. Since joining Rutgers, I have developed many skills and my attitude to work has changed.
Excellent Staff and Work ethic
Out of State Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJFebruary 19, 2017
The people that you work with there are all eager and ready to help. They do their jobs professionally and with a great sense of pride. A great place to work.
Lab Tech Intern
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Chatsworth, NJFebruary 19, 2017
Worked at a facility off campus and was given a really flexible schedule. I could come in whatever hours I needed to help isolate samples for the director. I had to manage my own time and didn't have anyone looking over me. Everyone in the facility was nice and easy going. Great place to gain experience when working in a lab.
Reception
STUDENT ASSISTANT, WRITING CENTER (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJFebruary 16, 2017
My day at work is pretty nice. I go there and help students get an appointment with the tutor with whom they can get some help. I have to manage the appointments.
Pros
Can use my time and do some homework
File Clerk Intern (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJFebruary 10, 2017
Loved working here staff was amazing. Helped me with really understanding what I wanted to do for a future career option, staff kept up with me after internship ended.
Great
Nutrition Educator (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJFebruary 9, 2017
Rutgers is a good school where you can excel in many areas to help further your future career. This was a great job where I was able to meet a lot of interesting people but unfortunately bad management led to the downfall of the department where several employees including myself went out to seek new career opportunities.
Interesting and easy going lab environment
Lab Instructor (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJFebruary 8, 2017
I'm teaching the introduction to experiments that is required for all science and engineering major. Usually I just prepared the set up of the experiments and write up the blackboard. Our course coordinator are easy going since whenever I have a question. He is willing to answer and solve for me. During teaching, I learned how to speak more comfortable in public and how to demonstrate and show what I know to students. Also I learnt the problem solving skills since all kinds of accidents might rise during a lab. The hardest part is to learn how to teach a basic chemistry concept to the student clearly and how to communicate with them. But the part I like most is to talk to the students and help them with the lab. Since it's the best way to practice my oral skills and making more connections to others.
Pros
faculty permit
Cons
stands for a long time
N/a
Research Intern- Parasitology/Histology (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJFebruary 6, 2017
Rutgers university is a good place to work if you wish to succeed in the field of science or business. It is a good jumping off point for anyone who has received a degree here
fun people
Captain of intramural volleyball and soccer (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJJanuary 29, 2017
help students learn, how to grade their work, management was fun, workplace was fun, hardest part was staying awake during class, seeing the students.
productive
Office Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJJanuary 25, 2017
very productive and great company to work for. plenty of room for growth. excellent benefits and perks. I enjoy helping people, which this company makes customer service number one priority.
Pros
excellent benefits
learning environment
Lecturer/Instructor (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJJanuary 24, 2017
a great learning and research environment with good friendly faculty and dedicated students. I have done my BA and MA here, and am happy to have become a part of the organization. I consider it the pinnacle of my academic success thus far.
Fun Work Place
Data Control Clerk (Current Employee) –  Piscataway, NJJanuary 23, 2017
I enjoy working for Rutgers University! Nice environment and friendly co-workers. I work in the cancer epidemiology department I have learn so much about cancer cases and about cancer research.
Big School
Construction Management Capstone Project - Student (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJJanuary 14, 2017
If you like a big school and like to expose yourself to many different culture this school is for you! I really liked this school but wished I had tried harder
great place to work.
instaler (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJJanuary 9, 2017
tedious hands on job with lots of opportunity to learn the telecommunications field. great management and co workers, and overall a great place to work.
Pros
great work place
Innovative work
GIS Analyst, Health Outreach Promotion & Education (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJJanuary 6, 2017
My first real life on the job experience with a GIS project that I was solely responsible for and had a great supporting environment to learn and contribute
Learning Assistant (Current Employee) –  Piscataway, NJJanuary 4, 2017
I am having a great time at Rutgers. The staff is very caring and is ready to provide assistance at any time of the day. But since Rutgers is a state funded university, it pays less.
Great workplace
Computer Lab Consultant (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJDecember 14, 2016
The staff at the computer labs is awesome, lots of information to take on but training is excellent. Work life balance is great.
great place to work
Senior Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJDecember 11, 2016
Provides a supportive, exciting environment with a lot of potential for personal and professional growth. This is a great place to start your career or join at any time during your professional life. Opportunities are available to enhance your skill set and you meet wonderful people along the way.
Pros
working with and around student population and smart committed professionals and professors
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rutgers University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3