Rutgers University

Rutgers University Employer Reviews

Very good
Postdoctoral research fellow (Current Employee), Newark, NJDecember 22, 2014
The staff is amazing. as long as the lab has money, it wont be a problem .
Student equipment manager
Student Equipment Manager (Former Employee), Piscataway, NJDecember 18, 2014
Working alongside the Rutgers football team was an amazing opportunity for me. Those kids and coaches really work their tails off to put together the best season possible. I assisted coaches with setting up drills and helping coordinate practice.
A great institution that puts education first and culture a close second
Game Design Instructor (Current Employee), New Brunswick, New JerseyDecember 16, 2014
There are many great opportunities to better yourself as an educator at Rutgers. They provide relatively constant free seminars on current teaching methods and practices and work with their part time instructors to keep them informed and prepared. I am given flexibility to teach as I see fit as long as my students are happy and perform well. I have – more... nothing but good things to say about Rutgers. – less
Non-tenured staff position with no job security
Laboratory Supervisor (Former Employee), Camden, NJDecember 9, 2014
Pros: more freedom and flexibility to cheive job goals
Cons: the "singular" department "slave"; no job security; was laid off
Although I brought 20 years of industrial chemical experience and a
Masters degree, I was a junior member of the department where
six Professors with Ph.D 's ruled the roost. I was the sole individual
that had assorted blue collar duties in addition to technical expertise.

I had to be a self-starter; managing my own time and progress.
Good communications – more... were needed..having six different superiors.

Workplace was true Academia.

I enjoyed the freedom to create my own time slots; that needed to
bend to the needs of the Department. Industry workplace was all
productivity on routine analyses and work load – less
Productive and fun work place with great oppurtunity to learn
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), New Brunswick, NJDecember 9, 2014
Pros: to work and be given a free education is a great thing many people don't have.
Cons: the traffic getting to the worksite day to day can be a hassle .
I am currently here at Rutgers University, School of Social Work
contracted to work on a project, that is almost complete. I am truly enjoying the experience working with all trainers in three sites . Yes, I traveled to and from Parsippany, Princeton and Cherry Hill. NJCSI is a fast pace environment, we train all state employees that work in child support. – more... So regulations are constantly changing. You meet a new group of people every class. We are allowed to take classes. The most enjoyable part is seeing the participants after they have trained with us. The hardest part is going to be leaving when my contract ends! – less
Productive and creative working environment.
SOCIAL NETWORK STUDENT RESEARCHER (Current Employee), New Brunswick, NJDecember 8, 2014
A very free work environment. The little supervision allowed me great flexibility to think about how to approach each programming decision.
family oriented job
Student Health Advocate (Former Employee), Newark, NJDecember 1, 2014
Pros: experiences
Cons: no benefits
I love Rutgers health services. I have gained a lot such as customer service skills, positive working environment energy, patience . the most enjoyable part of it all was meeting great people along the way and educating my peers about controversial topics.
Productive and fun
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Rutgers UniversityNovember 29, 2014
Pros: how much you learn and grow
Awesome position. Excited when i got it! The students, the professors and fellow TA were all great. Could not have asked for more
OK PLACE TO WORK
TEMP (Former Employee), Piscataway, NJNovember 27, 2014
JUST A TEMP JOB. MUST HAVE KIDS TO WORK PERM. THERE! FROM WHAT I GOT!!
I like the respect and working environment
Dental Assistant, Pediatrics (Current Employee), Newark, NJNovember 18, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: location
I enjoy coming to work because we all work as a team. The hardest part of the job is to control certain kids but there is always an option. The option of choice is always rewarding at the end.
Great people, great mission!
Marketing and Administration Coordinator (Current Employee), Piscataway, NJNovember 17, 2014
I work for Answer, a program at Rutgers University. My favorite part about my job is the culture, we are like a family. Everyone is passionate about our mission so that energy is evident throughout our office.
Great experience and attained a lot of new knowledge
ARESTY RESEARCH ASSISTANT PROGRAM (Current Employee), New Brunswick, NJNovember 11, 2014
• Will present final research at the Annual Undergraduate Research Symposium in April 2015 to over 200 people
• Gained exposure to collecting, coding, and analyzing data
• Assisted in project management including scheduling surveys and interviews and document management
typical day at work
Research Assistant (Former Employee), New Brunswick, NJNovember 7, 2014
typical day at work. Worked independently and did all projects under the guidance and training of the lab scientist
A lot of productivity in administrative work but also helped promote events using my graphic skill sets
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Newark, NJOctober 28, 2014
Lots of filing and data entry allowed me to further improve my organizational skills. A lot of directing campus visitors and students as far as where to go for events or seminars. Aiding in promoting those events using my graphic skills was very fun to do. I did a lot of fielding telephone calls and aiding in organizing paperwork.
Psychology student experience
Research Assistant (Former Employee), New Brunswick, NJOctober 16, 2014
This was my first exposure to being on a research team and learning what was involved with doing research. Bi-weekly meetings and readings helped to understand what kind of research exists and how data was collected and interpreted.
Input Equals Output
Budget Assistant (Former Employee), Newark, NJOctober 14, 2014
Great atmosphere to learn how to transition from a college student to a young professional.
Nice environment, great team, flexible hours.
Business Analyst/Manager (Current Employee), Piscataway, NJOctober 13, 2014
The greatest part of this work is flexible hours and being able to telecommute.
We have a great friendly environment, excellent team.
I learned to manage websites on Drupal platform and run the full life cycle website maintenance.
A productive workplace environment
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), New Brunswick, NJOctober 4, 2014
Pros: learned new things and acquired a lot of knowledge
Cons: long lectures with short breaks
Busy schedule and timelines but worked very hard to meet deadlines. Met students from diverse backgrounds and worked with different groups of people. Exposure to a very diverse culture and had fun working in different groups. The toughest part was meeting deadlines in groups. Having group meetings was next to impossible but we found a way to meet up – more... and get the work done. – less
fast past and productive enviroment
Store Clerk/Assistant to Supervisor (Former Employee), Piscataway, NJSeptember 30, 2014
My typical day at Rutgers would be to come in and prep the food truck for business. Then I open, operate, and shut down the food truck everyday. I would also service the truck when needed. I changed the oil in the fryers and I also did detailed cleaning of the truck 3 days out of the week. the hardest part about the job would be working in cold weather – more... because we would be outside for the entire day and the truck didn't have air conditioning. The most enjoyable part about the job was actually operating the truck during business because I like to cook. – less
Educational environment
Clinical Coordinator of NJ Hope Line (Current Employee), Piscataway, NJSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: good work environment
Cons: very little
Please see my resume a good place to work and to expand knowledge base.

1 2 3 4 5

About Rutgers University

With major campuses in northern, central, and southern New Jersey and extension offices and activities in all twenty-one counties, – Read more

Rutgers University Photos