Rutgers University Employee Reviews

Productive, fast paced and pleasant
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJOctober 20, 2017
Working for the Rutgers Alumni Association was a quick paced work environment. Typical work day included answering calls, appointment scheduling, updating calendar, making travel arrangements for upper management. In this diverse office setting I learned to work unsupervised as well as be a team player. Learned to utilize data reporting systems, Microsoft suite etc.
Stressful and constantly changing
Health Services Clerk (Current Employee) –  Leesburg, NJOctober 19, 2017
My experience here is sometimes difficult because of the high turn around of staff and the constant changing of managers. Once you get used to one manager style you have to re adjust to another managers style. It can be a high stress environment as Rutgers UCHC is located in Bayside State Prison and there is much responsibility we have to D.O.C.
Nice place to work
Part Time Lecturer (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJOctober 17, 2017
Great students body, campus culture, and supportive atmosphere.
Pay is average,Job security is okay, not much benefit to part time lecturers. Gorgeous campus.
Pros
Great collaborative place to work, supports staffs and faculty
Cons
Not much benefits to part time faculty
great school
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJOctober 16, 2017
School is amazing you can find anything you would possibly want to major in here. Great culture and friendly staff. There is great diversity and great food options
Great place to gain experience
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJOctober 10, 2017
The University recently hired corporate accountants and executives who have trashed a lot of the traditional strengths of a university in favor of unnecessarily high levels of fiscal responsibility.
Pros
great stepping stone
Cons
up to medium term employments
Excellent Place to Work at !
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJOctober 9, 2017
I recommend Rutgers University. I loved the atmosphere there ! There are a myriad of activitties and groups to belong to. The daily routine was different and my co-workers were fun and talented! I enjoyed every minute of it and I will recommend it to anyone who wishes to work for a large school.
Pros
Nice relaxed environment
Cons
Temps do not get to stay but they need to re-apply
Rutgers University
INFORMATION ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJOctober 6, 2017
Great atmosphere as it allows college students to work with peers in a professional environment. Working at Rutgers also for individuals to experience work in a comfortable and familiar environment
Pros
Close to School
Cons
Minimum Wage
Good place to work. Great people.
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJOctober 6, 2017
Rutgers was a good place to work. The people there go out of their way to help you and are great to work with. It's a positive work environment with great projects.
Flexible Working Environment
Public Speaking Adjunct Lecturer (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJOctober 2, 2017
As a part-time lecturer, I have great flexibility, outside of scheduled classes, to complete my employment duties. Computer technology is readily available and new computer software is always introduced to faculty and staff
Exciting environment for those interested in research and academia
Community Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJSeptember 29, 2017
This job was stressful due to mismanagement, otherwise it was a great place to work with great benefits. I worked as a nutrition educator so I learned new information as it was released from the USDA-we followed these guidelines in our presentations/nutrition lessons.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
had to use personal vehicle; difficult to schedule community classes
Interesting workplace but weak administration
Part-Time Instructor, Expository Writing 101 (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJSeptember 27, 2017
Interesting, diverse student population. Little or no support available for new adjuncts. Extension of contract based on narrow student assessment of faculty. Faculty not given fair opportunity to respond to assessment.
Pros
Diverse student and staff population; interesting writing programs
Cons
Inadequate support for new minority instructors; no opportunity to respond to appraisal
Relaxed environment/poor management
Building Manager (Former Employee) –  New JerseySeptember 26, 2017
Solid environment but unfortunately lacks in upper management competency. Communication is always a problem for higher-ups which results in many problems
Good University
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Piscataway, NJSeptember 25, 2017
I studied at Rutgers University for my Ph.D. degree in Chemical Engineering. My research is focused on process modeling and optimization for continuous pharmaceutical manufacturing. The professors here are very nice and provide great guidance to my research.
A nice place to work.
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJSeptember 25, 2017
If you are looking for a fast paced job with room for advancement then this may be the job for you. You will meet and assist many individuals from all walks of life.
Dining Hall Student Worker (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJSeptember 25, 2017
It was a good place to work. Very safe and friendly environment. Never felt in danger and the managers and supervisors were very kind and responsive to any issue.
Great experience
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Piscataway, NJSeptember 24, 2017
Relaxed atmosphere but learned a lot. Working under a professor in the department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering in a lab on synthesis of nano materials
Relaxed Environment
lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJSeptember 20, 2017
Regular day just watching the pool and trying to save as many lives possible. Handled situations well regarding when members could not dive from a deep end.
I studied here and I like here
Student (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJSeptember 19, 2017
I worked in Rutgers when I was studying there, it is a great experience, I like my leader and all of the stuff in the Global Services Office. All of the people are friendly.
Pros
free snacks
Cons
Friendly environment
Good supervisor and flexible schedule
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Piscataway, NJSeptember 19, 2017
The supervisors are willing to work around your schedule and are very lenient in regards to days you ask off. I haven't had a problem with any of them. They actually do care about their employees.
Educational Experience
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJSeptember 15, 2017
Gained educational experience working in the Public Relations Department. Created newsletters, assisted in photo ops, and related to VP and other high-level executives

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rutgers University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3