Rutgers University Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Relaxed Environment
lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJSeptember 20, 2017
Regular day just watching the pool and trying to save as many lives possible. Handled situations well regarding when members could not dive from a deep end.
I studied here and I like here
Student (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJSeptember 19, 2017
I worked in Rutgers when I was studying there, it is a great experience, I like my leader and all of the stuff in the Global Services Office. All of the people are friendly.
Pros
free snacks
Cons
Friendly environment
Good supervisor and flexible schedule
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Piscataway, NJSeptember 19, 2017
The supervisors are willing to work around your schedule and are very lenient in regards to days you ask off. I haven't had a problem with any of them. They actually do care about their employees.
Educational Experience
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJSeptember 15, 2017
Gained educational experience working in the Public Relations Department. Created newsletters, assisted in photo ops, and related to VP and other high-level executives
Community Assistant (Current Employee) –  North Brunswick, NJSeptember 13, 2017
Excellent benefits and excellent schedule. Tuition paid and a number of other benefits, including working at a park and close to some interesting people.
Nice place to work at.
File Clerk (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJSeptember 11, 2017
Relaxed and friendly atmosphere. Alot of work at times but not pressured to rush and complete all your work in one day. Managers were all very friendly and fair. All coworkers got along very well. Seemed like family working in Accounts Payble at Rutgers.
Great school
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJSeptember 8, 2017
Great place to go to school! Wonderful relaxing environment, always engaging and educational. Rutgers Camden is a great place to get an informed diverse education.
Multimedia Specialist
Multimedia Facilities Engineer (Current Employee) –  Piscataway, NJSeptember 7, 2017
Good job, but wanted to relocate and move to a job with growth. I enjoyed working with the students and developing / implementing the plan to transfer from analog standard definition to digital high definition broadcasting.
Great Personnel but Relatively Poor Compensation
Lecturer (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJSeptember 6, 2017
The job is exciting and the people are great, but adjunct pay, while more than comparable positions elsewhere, is still below where it should be for the amount of work required.
Very relaxed atmosphere
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJSeptember 6, 2017
I am a part time lecturer at Rutgers. The compensation could be better for the amount of students you teach and the amount of hours spent teaching. I taught big lectures; typically 75+ students. The hardest part is when you have 3 classes back to back with only 20 mins to get to the other class. There are no health/dental benefits.
Cons
no healthcare and dental
Enjoying eating during break
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJSeptember 6, 2017
Getting to know my co-workers who cook and clean in Rutgers dinning hall. Meeting wonderful teachers, professor, students in the dining area. Having help from the co-workers
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Punctual
fun times
Peer Counselor (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, New Jersey USAAugust 29, 2017
Rutgers was an awesome place because it was so diverse! So much to do, so much to see and so much to LEARN that had so little to do with books. I miss it. Good times.

PSA: Just say no to slacking and drugs, including alcohol.
Would not like to comment at this time.
Acting Dining Hall Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJAugust 28, 2017
Its a good place to work if you dont mind the pay some area's of work you get pay low and some mngt only promote thos who they like. I dont like the favoritism
Pros
Easy commute some diversity
Cons
Low pay scale
na
UNIT COMPUTING SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJAugust 23, 2017
na just a job after merger with UMDNJ . it's as bad as it can get. restructure after restructure, and this is supposed to save tax payers money? Poor upper management that trickles down.
benefits
Cons
management
Formal and relaxed
Financial Intern (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJAugust 23, 2017
Not the work environment I want as a young professional. I would like to join the corporate world as opposed to administrative finance, but for that, it is a great place
Review of Working at the Edward J. Bloustein School
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJAugust 22, 2017
An incredible place to gain experience from knowledgeable faculty while attending school full time. I have developed relationships with other members of faculty that I will have for the remainder of my life!
Great experience
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  NJAugust 20, 2017
Went here for grad and undergrad. Good working environment and the faculty care about student learning and student growth. Nothing bad to say about Rutgers University.
there intakes with the clients were very poor
Senior Clerk Driver (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJAugust 17, 2017
I transport clients all day, up date transportation schedule daily. Schedule the drivers routes, deliver lab specimens daily . I emphasize with all the clients.. some of them lost there way to reality. I under stoop more about a person when they are addictive to drugs, its not easy for them to stop, its very challenging for them. it was very hard when 1 of the clients lost there battle to drugs. I did like meeting new people
Pros
good benefits
Cons
no safety
Very good work place
Coustodian (Former Employee) –  4th st . Camden N.J. 08102.August 15, 2017
Very good places to work. The people their were to work with. Management was great also.They were always available when needed. They had no problem assisting when problems arosed.
Pros
All major holidays off.
Cons
Partime workers no benifits.
Research Assistant
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJAugust 14, 2017
Worked as a research assistant in the behavioral neuroscience lab & learned skills, knowledge and techniques that I continue to use today. The lab staff was extremely supportive, knowledgable and willing to offer their time to assist me in building and learning how to test my own hypothesis.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rutgers University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3