Rutgers University

Rutgers University Employer Reviews

Psychology student experience
Research Assistant (Former Employee), New Brunswick, NJOctober 16, 2014
This was my first exposure to being on a research team and learning what was involved with doing research. Bi-weekly meetings and readings helped to understand what kind of research exists and how data was collected and interpreted.
Input Equals Output
Budget Assistant (Former Employee), Newark, NJOctober 14, 2014
Great atmosphere to learn how to transition from a college student to a young professional.
Nice environment, great team, flexible hours.
Business Analyst/Manager (Current Employee), Piscataway, NJOctober 13, 2014
The greatest part of this work is flexible hours and being able to telecommute.
We have a great friendly environment, excellent team.
I learned to manage websites on Drupal platform and run the full life cycle website maintenance.
A productive workplace environment
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), New Brunswick, NJOctober 4, 2014
Pros: learned new things and acquired a lot of knowledge
Cons: long lectures with short breaks
Busy schedule and timelines but worked very hard to meet deadlines. Met students from diverse backgrounds and worked with different groups of people. Exposure to a very diverse culture and had fun working in different groups. The toughest part was meeting deadlines in groups. Having group meetings was next to impossible but we found a way to meet up – more... and get the work done. – less
fast past and productive enviroment
Store Clerk/Assistant to Supervisor (Former Employee), Piscataway, NJSeptember 30, 2014
My typical day at Rutgers would be to come in and prep the food truck for business. Then I open, operate, and shut down the food truck everyday. I would also service the truck when needed. I changed the oil in the fryers and I also did detailed cleaning of the truck 3 days out of the week. the hardest part about the job would be working in cold weather – more... because we would be outside for the entire day and the truck didn't have air conditioning. The most enjoyable part about the job was actually operating the truck during business because I like to cook. – less
Great experience and good place to learn
IT Manager (Current Employee), Piscataway, NJSeptember 18, 2014
- Wear many hats.
- Lots of areas for IT to expand
- Good co-workers
- No overtime for Management positions
- Working with many different people
Commited teams but poor interdepartement collaboration
Program Development Specialist (Former Employee), Newark, NJSeptember 15, 2014
Rutgers is a great place for research, but I often felt it was composed of too many silos and inter-department collaboration was not always possible.
gym monitor
Receptionist/ Customer Service (Former Employee), Newark, NJSeptember 13, 2014
Pros: freedom, fun people to work with, easy to do
Cons: gets boring, not a lot of hours worked
clean up weights off the floor
watching individuals making sure people are using the machinery properly

wiping down machines

making sure individuals are properly dressed to workout
A place to grow
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Piscataway, NJSeptember 10, 2014
Rutgers has trained me in the personal, professional, and emotional forms to be successful in any other job.
Changing Student's Lives
Resident Assistant (Former Employee), Newark NJSeptember 9, 2014
Working with Rutgers taught me so many things, such as dealing with different people from different backgrounds. This is a true diverse campus. Not only as it was a teaching experience, I was able to teach others and help others (freshmen) have a successful first year at RU.

Being an RA, we worked with different co-workers and we bonded over our residents – more... and our duties. We truly had each other backs. – less
Changing Student's Lives
Resident Assistant (Former Employee), Newark NJSeptember 9, 2014

Great place to learn and grow to mid-level.
Director, Business Operations (Current Employee), New Brunswick, NJSeptember 2, 2014
Good place to learn and grow. At mid-level, opportunities are limited to continue to move up. Work/life balance is good. Good co-workers. Not very challenging after a few years as not many opportunities to rotate within the university to learn new skills.
Easy Going and Supportive Work Place
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Newark, NJAugust 25, 2014
Rutgers is a very flexible place to work. They are very understanding of other obligations and work with you if you prove to be a valuable asset to the team. There are a lot of networking opportunities as major companies and important persons are constantly visiting. It's important to get to know the other departments and students and attend events – more... outside of those are just work-related as the university has so much to offer and will make your work experience way more enjoyable. – less
Good for someone nearing retirement
PROJECT COORDINATOR (Current Employee), New BrunswickAugust 24, 2014
Pros: great benefits and you don't have to work hard
Cons: you won't get paid well unless you're faculty. don't look for annual increases. better for older, ready to retire or those almost ready to 'kick the bucket'.....
Very good place to come and coast - particularly as an administrator. The idea of managing towards goals or towards completing a task is laughable here. There's so much confusion that if you make a mistake it can easily be blamed on the next guy. The best thing to do here is get people to like you.
great place to work
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Piscataway, NJAugust 12, 2014
nice people, nice working environment
many interesting projects
Excellent place for internships
Intern Curator (Former Employee), New Brunswick, NJAugust 12, 2014
Great place for internships with excellent guidance from proctors.
Comfortable place to work
Facilities Coordinator (Current Employee), New Brunswick, NJAugust 5, 2014
Great place to learn
Can earn another degree while working
Excellent place to work
Associate Director (Current Employee), Piscataway, NJAugust 1, 2014
Excellent place to work. Same like other reviews for Rutgers University.
Excellent management and environment.
Research Assistant NIJ RTM Project Grant (Current Employee), Newark, NJJuly 29, 2014
Pros: informative meetings, great hours, interesting work
Great team to work with, I enjoy learning with every new step towards the research project.
Interesting research topic I was glad to help contribute to the understanding of with my undergraduate backgraound
Head of Project Development and Literature Review (Former Employee), New Brunswick, New JerseyJuly 18, 2014
Great experience in which I would have weekly meetings with the head adviser Tobiah Horton and helped to brainstorm the experiments to be produced and the understanding of chemical reactions that occurred for the research topic

1 2 3 4 5

About Rutgers University

With major campuses in northern, central, and southern New Jersey and extension offices and activities in all twenty-one counties, – Read more

Rutgers University Photos