Rutgers University Employee Reviews

Good Working Experience
Library Assistant (Current Employee) –  New JerseyApril 15, 2017
I think working at the library helped me to gain an abundance of skills. However some of the supervisors could be a little understanding with some of the new workers who come in with no experience.
Pros
New skills that are acquired
Cons
belligerent supervisors
Study Abroad
Research Assistant to Dr. Nydia Flores-Ferrán (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJApril 14, 2017
Working for Rutgers in Argentina was a great experience. I learned a lot and I made many new friends and acquaintances. Study abroad is a special thing.
Productive and great place to Work Study
Work Study Student (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJApril 13, 2017
It was a great job to have while in school. My father was in the military for 26 years and that's how I was able to get the position as a dependent. Balancing work and school became so much easier.
Pros
Place to study and very inviting
Cons
Far away from my apartment
okay
Consultant, Office of Information Technology (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJApril 11, 2017
Great job as a college student. There are flexible hours and downtime to be a student. With new advancements in technology one is always ahead of the game learning new operating systems and how to fix them.
nice place to work
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJApril 6, 2017
This was only a temporary job which ended suddenly because of budget cuts. Being a temporary employeee, I can not really comment on the overall company, but the work environment was good.
Pros
close to home, good company and staff
Cons
no permanent job opportunitey. Job ended with no notice.
A place where students can find their learning environment
Help Desk Support Associate (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJApril 5, 2017
Helping students and faculty is always effective because you will have a learning and networking environment. On top of it, if it is in own school, that is amazing. Rutgers is the place where you definitely find fun and learn at the same time!
Fun place to work
Global Ambassador - Center for Global Education (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJApril 3, 2017
Well I recruit students for the study abroad programmes, and later on help them get monetary funding for their programme choice. I also conduct seminars and workshops for students who need help through the application.
Pros
you own hours
Cons
not paid.
Good
Researcher (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJMarch 30, 2017
Worked hard in lab but had a lot of opportunities. Opportunities can be hard to find. You may have to teach yourself a lot of the information youre expected to know
Fun and comfortable place to work
Referee (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJMarch 27, 2017
Working at Rutgers is fun. You can work with fellow students, make good money, and still find a good balance between work and studying. The games are fun to officiate and there has never been any problems.
Pros
Comfortable work environment
Cons
Only once a week
fun cool place to work
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJMarch 23, 2017
I enjoyed working here for dining services i worked in the take out part 3rd shift and it was lovely ... all you have to do is serve food to students,taechers visitors ... anyone and do it with a smile .. RU is a great place to work
Excellent
Learning Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJMarch 14, 2017
Rutgers Learning center is a good place to be in. They provide employment in form of part time jobs to many students. The pay rate is excellent. The work experience is also great.
Diversity
Summer Instructor of Economic Empowerment (Former Employee) –  New JerseyMarch 14, 2017
Wonderful campus with such a diverse population for meeting people, charing ideas and collaborating on work. A wonderful melting pot of culture, race and ideas.
Political fiefdoms
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Piscataway, NJMarch 11, 2017
Certain offices at Rutgers University are but political fiefdoms, acting purely based on self-advancement with no interest in advancing Rutgers. Petty vindictiveness is a drive behin many actions.
Pros
Benefits, higher education
Cons
Many ethical violations, too much power in the hands of inept and vindictive people
Productive and straight forward workplace
University Human Resources Preparer (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJMarch 10, 2017
 Review documentation for compliance with federal & state regulations and bargaining unit contracts
 Review employee transactions requested by HR Generalist & Coordinators to be submitted for Human Capital Management for processing
 Complete processing through PeopleSoft software daily for faculty and staff from hire to termination
 Coordinate with Human Capital Management Specialists regarding pending employee transactions & payroll adjustments
Fun work
Research Team Leader and Interviewer (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJMarch 8, 2017
I liked working in this place because it was very independent. You chose your shcedule and the times you wanted to work. Also the provided us with all the necessary equipment to perform our job better.
Pros
Rewards, and incentives
Great Learning Experience
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJFebruary 27, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job was of passing your knowledge of the subject to around 60 undergraduate students. The management was very supportive.
supports need for economic analysis and business management in various areas
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJFebruary 26, 2017
My major duties include but not limit to: In charge of providing global trending biotechnology report about agriculture, food and biofuels based on recent practical issues to my supervisor; Identified consumer preference for organic fruits and vegetables in the Mid-Atlantic area using logistic regression modeling to forecast the consumer’s demand pattern. And to develop new organic product’s marketing strategy by analysis the consumer characteristics.

I developed independent agronomy and business research skills. In addition, as working in multiple circumstances, I have always had great interest in food policy and agricultural economy issues, such as the global transmission for agricultural industry, and the sustainable development for critical issues.

The hardest part of the Research Assistant job is to balance my duties and my classload.
Sr. Accountant (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJFebruary 23, 2017
Very busy. good environment. People are friendly. lots of work but no breaks. No benefits. Short staff so they should hire someone.
Productive and less Job stress
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJFebruary 23, 2017
Working as a teaching Assistant at Rutgers University in the Electrical and Computer Engineering is productive since I get to spread the knowledge to follow students. It is a part time oncampus job. The management is great here and the workplace culture is good.
Friendly environment to work
Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Bridgeton, NJFebruary 20, 2017
Rutgers is a great University. I like the way Agricultural Research is conducted by the faculty and staff and I am proud to be part. Since joining Rutgers, I have developed many skills and my attitude to work has changed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rutgers University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3