Rutgers University Employee Reviews in United States

Writing Tutor
Undergraduate Researcher (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJFebruary 20, 2016
The tutoring center is a great place for students to come and learn. The staff and student teachers provide tutees with a great environment to hone their writing skills.
Good Student Job
Manager (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJFebruary 18, 2016
Planned and organized all University sponsored events. Reviewed, negotiated and prepared event contracts. Managed all aspects in preparation of events, including personnel.
Handled store procurement process, reviewed bids, negotiated contracts, and maintained relationships with vendors and suppliers. Prepared, reviewed and balanced store budget and service agreements. Served as primary liaison with customers.
Na
Treasurer (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJFebruary 15, 2016
Its a good school
Classroom collaboration
Teamwork
A lot of projects and assignment
Professors are very helpful and are willing to help students
Great boss and coworkers.
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Piscataway, NJFebruary 12, 2016
Great boss with innovative idea to help college students. Co-workers were all students as well so it creates a great, friendly, authentic atmosphere.
Pros
On campus - easy to get to work
Good Place to Do Research
Project Designer (Former Employee) –  NJFebruary 10, 2016
It's the largest university in the New Jersey, and too much branches mean that there'll be not so many top 10 majors.
The lab facilities are much better than my bachelor university.
Rutgers University
Professional Fundraiser (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJFebruary 10, 2016
Great Institution for higher learning where you can broaden your horizons in different disciplines and get involved with many on campus educational events.
A good place to work
Head accounting clerk (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJFebruary 4, 2016
I'm grateful for my time at Rutgers University. My position was not just accounting or counting money but also being to able to help students and parents in difficult situations. That was my greatest satisfaction.
Pros
Hour lunches, excellent benefits
Cons
Work flow was not smooth
Great company
Housekeeping Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Piscataway, NJFebruary 3, 2016
Ive learned to enhance the work of my employees by being better able to communicate. This organizations made me grow and improve. Showed me what i really want to do in life
Pros
great job.. great benfits
Cons
alot of taxes . bring home not enough money to pay bills
Productive Work Environment
Student Intern (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJJanuary 26, 2016
Everyone is doing their jobs and is open to help out others when needed. The staff has progressed into a friendly work environment where trust, honesty and reliability is present.
Productive and diverse work environment
Lead Public Health Representative (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJJanuary 22, 2016
Rutgers is a reputable company to be a part of. It provides good benefits and many opportunity for growth in various areas of interest. A typical day at Rutgers is research driven that involves interacting with patients and conducting data collection.
Able to learn and understand new aspects every day
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJanuary 5, 2016
I would reach out to many clients on a daily basis to recruit for certain available positions from our customers. Management was always willing and able to help it was a great environment.
Good work environment, student managers a little overzealous.
Event Staff (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJDecember 29, 2015
Good community and had a family closeness. Job requirements were not extraordinary though occasionally demanding. Students were able to become managers and certain ones were very respectful and others were not when the senior managers weren't around. This caused lack of trust among managers and other employees.
The co-workers at the job were really friendly and were like friends to me
Student Assistant II, Student Accounting Office (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJDecember 27, 2015
• Reviewing student accounts to determine their debit or credit balances and submitting billing notices to students for outstanding balances was the most exciting part of the job.
Pros
There was free lunch sometimes
Cons
There were breaks but I worked past those break almost all of the time
Learned a lot
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJDecember 23, 2015
Working as a Resident Assistant taught me a lot, and was a great experience for situation de-escalation and other skills. Staff, both on my level and higher up was very supportive. The job was demanding, but it provided an opportunity for free housing, which was very appreciated.
It was an experience to be had
TRIO Talent Search East Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJDecember 18, 2015
Rutgers University is one of the most diverse places I have ever been to. The sheer number of different ethnicities, races, people is extraordinary and therefore, it taught me to be open-minded and gave me a wonderful opportunity to learn different perspectives. It pushed me to think outside of the box and contemplate scenarios I hadn't beforehand and it was just a n overall enriched experience.
Pros
diversity
Cons
busy schedules
Good Working Environment
Research and Teaching Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJDecember 2, 2015
The researching condition is good. There are plant of instruments to be used. Scientists are doing right things.

There are many researchers from foreign counties including China, India, Japan and Taiwan.
Pros
No free lunch!
Cons
too long break time, waste of time
Relax environment
librarian (Current Employee) –  Piscataway, NJNovember 19, 2015
Good environment, good coworkers, flexible schedule, able to meet with many other students and help each other to maintain the good environment in the library,
A very good environment to grow academically
Asst. Teaching Professor (Current Employee) –  New BrunswickNovember 12, 2015
Rutgers University is a good place to interact with experts from many fields. There are many seminars, workshops and conference right on campus that one can attend.
Pros
Great intellectual environment
Best Job Ever
Summer Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJNovember 9, 2015
At this company, I'd learned the responsibility as a educational opportunity fund assistant. The workers was great and much educated. The pay was awesome! I will do this job all over again if I have too.
Pros
VERY THING WAS GREAT
Cons
NO CONS
Productive workplace
Clinical Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJNovember 5, 2015
A typical day was spent completing tasks assigned by my supervisor who was very helpful with difficulties. I learned how to transcribe videos and about clinical psychology disorders such as schizophrenia. The hardest part of the job was the transcription with poor video quality.

4.3