Rutgers University

Rutgers University Employee Reviews

Productive and fun
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Rutgers UniversityNovember 29, 2014
Pros: how much you learn and grow
Awesome position. Excited when i got it! The students, the professors and fellow TA were all great. Could not have asked for more
OK PLACE TO WORK
TEMP (Former Employee), Piscataway, NJNovember 27, 2014
JUST A TEMP JOB. MUST HAVE KIDS TO WORK PERM. THERE! FROM WHAT I GOT!!
I like the respect and working environment
Dental Assistant, Pediatrics (Current Employee), Newark, NJNovember 18, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: location
I enjoy coming to work because we all work as a team. The hardest part of the job is to control certain kids but there is always an option. The option of choice is always rewarding at the end.
Great people, great mission!
Marketing and Administration Coordinator (Current Employee), Piscataway, NJNovember 17, 2014
I work for Answer, a program at Rutgers University. My favorite part about my job is the culture, we are like a family. Everyone is passionate about our mission so that energy is evident throughout our office.
Great experience and attained a lot of new knowledge
ARESTY RESEARCH ASSISTANT PROGRAM (Current Employee), New Brunswick, NJNovember 11, 2014
• Will present final research at the Annual Undergraduate Research Symposium in April 2015 to over 200 people
• Gained exposure to collecting, coding, and analyzing data
• Assisted in project management including scheduling surveys and interviews and document management
typical day at work
Research Assistant (Former Employee), New Brunswick, NJNovember 7, 2014
typical day at work. Worked independently and did all projects under the guidance and training of the lab scientist
A lot of productivity in administrative work but also helped promote events using my graphic skill sets
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Newark, NJOctober 28, 2014
Lots of filing and data entry allowed me to further improve my organizational skills. A lot of directing campus visitors and students as far as where to go for events or seminars. Aiding in promoting those events using my graphic skills was very fun to do. I did a lot of fielding telephone calls and aiding in organizing paperwork.
Psychology student experience
Research Assistant (Former Employee), New Brunswick, NJOctober 16, 2014
This was my first exposure to being on a research team and learning what was involved with doing research. Bi-weekly meetings and readings helped to understand what kind of research exists and how data was collected and interpreted.
Input Equals Output
Budget Assistant (Former Employee), Newark, NJOctober 14, 2014
Great atmosphere to learn how to transition from a college student to a young professional.
Nice environment, great team, flexible hours.
Business Analyst/Manager (Current Employee), Piscataway, NJOctober 13, 2014
The greatest part of this work is flexible hours and being able to telecommute.
We have a great friendly environment, excellent team.
I learned to manage websites on Drupal platform and run the full life cycle website maintenance.
A productive workplace environment
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), New Brunswick, NJOctober 4, 2014
Pros: learned new things and acquired a lot of knowledge
Cons: long lectures with short breaks
Busy schedule and timelines but worked very hard to meet deadlines. Met students from diverse backgrounds and worked with different groups of people. Exposure to a very diverse culture and had fun working in different groups. The toughest part was meeting deadlines in groups. Having group meetings was next to impossible but we found a way to meet up and get the work done.
fast past and productive enviroment
Store Clerk/Assistant to Supervisor (Former Employee), Piscataway, NJSeptember 30, 2014
My typical day at Rutgers would be to come in and prep the food truck for business. Then I open, operate, and shut down the food truck everyday. I would also service the truck when needed. I changed the oil in the fryers and I also did detailed cleaning of the truck 3 days out of the week. the hardest part about the job would be working in cold weather because we would be outside for the entire day and the truck didn't have air conditioning. The most enjoyable part about the job was actually operating the truck during business because I like to cook.
Educational environment
Clinical Coordinator of NJ Hope Line (Current Employee), Piscataway, NJSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: good work environment
Cons: very little
Please see my resume a good place to work and to expand knowledge base.
Great experience and good place to learn
IT Manager (Current Employee), Piscataway, NJSeptember 18, 2014
- Wear many hats.
- Lots of areas for IT to expand
- Good co-workers
- No overtime for Management positions
- Working with many different people
Commited teams but poor interdepartement collaboration
Program Development Specialist (Former Employee), Newark, NJSeptember 15, 2014
Rutgers is a great place for research, but I often felt it was composed of too many silos and inter-department collaboration was not always possible.
gym monitor
Receptionist/ Customer Service (Former Employee), Newark, NJSeptember 13, 2014
Pros: freedom, fun people to work with, easy to do
Cons: gets boring, not a lot of hours worked
clean up weights off the floor
watching individuals making sure people are using the machinery properly

wiping down machines

making sure individuals are properly dressed to workout
A place to grow
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Piscataway, NJSeptember 10, 2014
Rutgers has trained me in the personal, professional, and emotional forms to be successful in any other job.
Changing Student's Lives
Resident Assistant (Former Employee), Newark NJSeptember 9, 2014
Working with Rutgers taught me so many things, such as dealing with different people from different backgrounds. This is a true diverse campus. Not only as it was a teaching experience, I was able to teach others and help others (freshmen) have a successful first year at RU.

Being an RA, we worked with different co-workers and we bonded over our residents and our duties. We truly had each other backs.
Changing Student's Lives
Resident Assistant (Former Employee), Newark NJSeptember 9, 2014

Great place to learn and grow to mid-level.
Director, Business Operations (Current Employee), New Brunswick, NJSeptember 2, 2014
Good place to learn and grow. At mid-level, opportunities are limited to continue to move up. Work/life balance is good. Good co-workers. Not very challenging after a few years as not many opportunities to rotate within the university to learn new skills.

About Rutgers University

With major campuses in northern, central, and southern New Jersey and extension offices and activities in all twenty-one counties, – Read more

Rutgers University Salaries