Rutgers University Employee Reviews

Research Institution
PhD Candidate (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJJune 6, 2017
Rutgers is a tier-1 northeast research university with a wide variety of opportunities for graduate students. Faculty and doctoral student employees are unionized at Rutgers, which is vital to their ability to negotiate salary and benefits.
Excellent working environment
Student Athletic Therapist (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJune 5, 2017
Completed a 4 week clinical rotation in the Rutgers Newark University Athletic Training room as part of year 4 BSc Sports Rehabilitation and Athletic Therapy year 4. Worked with a variety of athletes from diverse backgrounds. Gained experience in applying my clinical skill set including assessment, diagnostic and rehabilitation skills. Performed pre-season screening including SCAT-3 baselines. Worked pitchside for basketball, volleyball and baseball games. Integrated well into this Division 3 Athletics University training room.
Pros
experience, fun place
Cons
travel expenses, dangerous city
School/Work/Life
SAS IT Support (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJJune 1, 2017
The job varied between each day. Sometimes you have a lot of work orders to manage and had to solve the issues by yourself. Other times you had help, maybe even 2 man jobs. Most of the times if you didnt know what to do, the manager would have known what to do. I'd say overall it was a good job.
Great Place to earn job skills!
Animal Handler (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJJune 1, 2017
Most places hire you if you have work experience only, Rutgers hires you even if you don't. You are not competing with anyone, all you need to do is talk to the person posting a job and they are willing to take you. It's only for students of course.
Pros
earn new skills, understanding when there are exams.
Cons
minimum wage
A Typical Day at Work
Tutor (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJJune 1, 2017
It was a manageable job. The student would come in with their work for the week or continue working on the paper from the previous week. The tutor and I would review the paper and work on any issues that were found or wanted improvement on.
Ability to learn in various environments
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJMay 30, 2017
One of the things I liked about Rutgers is that I had a lot of time to think on my own and had creative freedoms that I would not have at a corporate setting. I also had the ability to work on different equipment and learn new methods if I wanted to
Pros
Always learning
Cons
Pay
I was a Student worker.
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJMay 30, 2017
I was a student worker and it was great there. The job was easy and school came first. Pay was good for the job. Staff and management were great for the most part.
Undergraduate research experiance
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJMay 30, 2017
Plenty of opportunities for research and personal and professional growth. Some departments are more flexible with your role and what you want to do. However, with more flexibility sometimes comes more disorganization.
Progressive atmosphere where everyone wants to contribute.
Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  All CampusesMay 24, 2017
As an equipment technician I was not limited to fixing equipment but also to helping out with the large Rutgers events. My experience was great from start to finish.
Fun workplace
Circulation Clerk (Current Employee) –  Piscataway, NJMay 17, 2017
Really engaging and help out patrons. The work can get boring sometimes because the shelving. But overall, extremely laid back and can multitask on other errands.
Pros
Computer job
Cons
Tedious
A Nice Place to Be
Archives Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJMay 15, 2017
People were very friendly and helpful, which made it better to come to work. Culture was a little tough to crack due to the nature of my position, but overall, it seemed to be pretty good.
Enjoyable and challenging
Student (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJMay 14, 2017
I was challenged at Rutgers University. This was definitely the biggest benefit that I can say about Rutgers. They expect you to rise to the challenge and this makes you better at what you are studying. The community is also good and connected.
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJMay 12, 2017
They accomadate very well with your school schedule and put your work hours around it. You get some free time and i spent it doing homework. The people that you work with are very nice and its fun in general
Pros
extra time to do homework
Productive place to get to know the University better
Information & Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJMay 11, 2017
This place has helped me better my communication skills, put me under pressure to learn how to handle complications properly and has helped me tremendously with customer service.
fun and organized place to work
Medical Clerical Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJMay 9, 2017
fun and organized place to work, friendly team
salary not high and good benefits only if you are type 1 or 2 otherwise no benefits at all
parking is very hard and expensive
Excellent quality of clinical education
Periodontics Resident (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJMay 8, 2017
There were plenty of patients, so great to develop speed and accuracy.
The faculty and staff have fantastic experience and happy to share it.
All-round a great clinical educational experience.
Productive and great experience
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  New JerseyMay 5, 2017
EOHSI is a great place to work, because everyone is very approachable and nice. It provides a great outlook on what it is like to work with various types of people, and how to excel on a daily basis.
Great Environment and Lab Partners
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  14 College Farm RoadMay 4, 2017
Typical day included coming into the lab and pinning hundreds of bee's! It was very exciting to see just how many species are in New Jersey as well as identifying them. I would say the hardest part of the job was sitting in one spot for hours. But everything was enjoyable, nice energy in the lab and really amazing people.
good research
Research assistant (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJMay 3, 2017
good research going on. emerging trends in pharmaceutical industry researched on. has a pilot plant for a continuous manufacturing line. pharmaceutical engineering department quite strong
Teaching opportunity
Course Owner, Instructor (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJMay 2, 2017
This is a side job for me - twice a year I help the continued Education department with leading a couple of courses.
The team that I work with is fantastic ... always there for the instructors and willing to help.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rutgers University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3